Unknown Stan Martin On Shatta And 45 On Smile

stanmartinyouknow45.JPG

A better sound than "Big Mouth Woman" if you ask me. I've never seen this 45 in 18 years of diggin 45's in Canada. Chune chants, fo sure.

truereflection45.JPG

truereflectionversion45.JPG

YEah, I know it's a Bobby Darin cover, but the A side is suprisingly good. What's better is the band (same as that backing Norris Vines????) and the version b-side. Definitely disco-tinged, but not overly so.

Can provide sounfiles and am taking offers on both.

Kevin in Canada soufriere1@yahoo.com

Edited by soufriere1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

2 more

hardenbrotheres45.JPG

Gorgeous mid-tempo modern soul (not Canadian!) with an equally impressive instrumental flip.

waynestjohn45.JPG

Boom mid-tempo stepper from Canada from the same man who brought you the funk killer "Stand Up (Baby)". Again, a very rare Canadian record.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

2 more

hardenbrotheres45.JPG

Gorgeous mid-tempo modern soul (not Canadian!) with an equally impressive instrumental flip.

waynestjohn45.JPG

Boom mid-tempo stepper from Canada from the same man who brought you the funk killer "Stand Up (Baby)".  Again, a very rare Canadian record.

link

any chance of posting sounds up here ?

have you any more bakground info on noris vines and also smile label

Social source share

stanmartinyouknow45.JPG

A better sound than "Big Mouth Woman" if you ask me.  I've never seen this 45 in 18 years of diggin 45's in Canada.  Chune chants, fo sure.

truereflection45.JPG

truereflectionversion45.JPG

YEah, I know it's a Bobby Darin cover, but the A side is suprisingly good.  What's better is the band (same as that backing Norris Vines????) and the version b-side.  Definitely disco-tinged, but not overly so.

Can provide sounfiles and am taking offers on both.

Kevin in Canada soufriere1@yahoo.com

link

Can't see the pictures now Kevin ??? Whats the title on the Stan Martin?? I looked the other day and then checked my mates copy of the LP to see if it was on there. Problem was I had forgotten the title :Pwink.gif

Girf

Social source share

have you any more bakground info on  noris vines and also smile label

link

It's on the LP. I took the pic's down because it's been sold. I do have a "Big Mouth Woman" if you need it.

Kevin in Canada.

P.S. Looking for a clean Glen Miller "FUnky Broadway" b/w "Where is the Love" on either Doctor Bird or the original JA Stag label (mine is a little nicked).

Social source share

have you any more bakground info on  noris vines and also smile label

link

ohh and it was titled "You Know I Love You b/w Hop Skipping THe Boogie"...com to think of it, I don't know if it was on the LP. I don't have anything to compare it to as I've sold all the copies I had wink.gif

Easy, K.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert