Marsha & Delwands On Zudan. Listen

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cant get that to play...Sorry..Are you coming over here this year..

link

Just tried downloading it myself, works fine. Did you right click and save it? You must download it. Coming over to the UK? Already been this year and might be going back but not in the next couple of months I think, don't have enough money. Why don't you come over to Malmoe in August instead? Private party in a house by the sea, top sounds and great crowd. Try something new, different and really good, you will not be disappointed. :D

https://realside.sdf-eu.org/soulquake.shtml

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Soul Bowl always said it only takes one idiot :D

link

What Ted i'm an idiot for having it or paying £8.00 for it or it now selling for £60.00.........lol, also remember getting Tempos - Diamond Jim, Volumes - Impact and Masqueraders - How all for £8.00 each off Soul Bowl....those were the days!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Had this for years stuck on the shelf, nice record but £60.00 are you sure, think i paid Pat Brady about £8.00 way back.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

No, I am not sure, it just felt like a reasonable price. There are no fixed prices today, that is an illusion. All we have is approximations based on supply, demand (the most important factor) and what records have previously sold for. Compared to what people gladly shell out for very common crap records on a daily basis £60 for a record that will appeal to at least some people issued on a smalltime indie label that is by nature a lot rarer than most things on Columbia, RCA or MGM etc. is quite reasonable. That Gwen Douglas on Michelle for instance, a real stinker of a tune which a friend bought a small bunch of copies for a few dollars each of and sold them for a few hundred £'s each or something, just recently, shocking but true. I have not seen this record (Marsha & Delwands) around that much, I couldn't find it in stock anywhere, and I have seen it listed for more than £60. So what if you paid £8 'way back'? The Professionals and the Del Larks were only £40 each in 1989 or 1990, so what? I paid $5 for a £500 record some time back, does that make it a $5 record? I paid £25 for a Spyder Turner MGM demo from Pat Brady in 1999 or 2000, last year a demo sold for close to £200 (still have mine though). £60 for this record is a lot more reasonable than £1500+ for Bill Bush don't you think? What do you think is reasonable? What do you think Pat Brady would list it for today? £8? What do you think the usual UK dealers would list it for? I think it would not be a lot lower than £60, it would probably be around the same, maybe higher.

My prices are always very reasonable I think and often a lot lower than average UK northern market retail prices, a lot lower. If the stuff don't sell, well then I lower the price till they hopefully sell. In fact, some of my best customers over the last couple of years have been pro UK based record dealers, I like selling to dealers since they pay well and they pay fast, no messing about. When a dealer buys something though I know he will in turn sell it on with a profit, or he wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I really don't mind, but if people prefer to actually buy some of my records for 50 - 100% more, or whatever, from someone else it is very strange. I wonder if you would have questioned the price if it had appeared on the last list from one of the usual UK sellers? I think not. Did anyone mention that some of the records I currently have for sale were listed for more than 100% more (!) on a couple of UK lists recently? No, of course no one did. I sometimes see how dealers take a chance and really try to rip people off by listing records that you can pick up for $15 without too much effort for £100 and similar outrageously overpriced listings, yet I have not once seen anyone comment publicly on that, instead people keep saying that they are "honest" have "fair prices" and so on. Weird behaviour...

Some clever person is currently bidding £50 on this poxy old boot, and it has not even ended yet. Puts £60 in perspective I think. £50 is pocket change on the northern market today, a nothing sum almost.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4739919984&rd=1

Social source share

What Ted i'm an idiot for having it or paying £8.00 for it or it now selling for £60.00.........lol, also remember getting Tempos - Diamond Jim, Volumes - Impact and Masqueraders - How all for £8.00 each off Soul Bowl....those were the days!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

No Mark i never intended to say you were an idiot, when he was pricing records he worked on the assumption that if it was over priced then there was nearly always someone there to buy it .I was talking about the much higher cost records.

If you and I sold our collections today we would both be sitting on an extremley hansome profit £7 for Love is the only solution

Best

Ted

Social source share

No, I am not sure, it just felt like a reasonable price. There are no fixed prices today, that is an illusion. All we have is approximations based on supply, demand (the most important factor) and what records have previously sold for. Compared to what people gladly shell out for very common crap records on a daily basis £60 for a record that will appeal to at least some people issued on a smalltime indie label that is by nature a lot rarer than most things on Columbia, RCA or MGM etc. is quite reasonable. That Gwen Douglas on Michelle for instance, a real stinker of a tune which a friend bought a small bunch of copies for a few dollars each of and sold them for a few hundred £'s each or something, just recently, shocking but true. I have not seen this record (Marsha & Delwands) around that much, I couldn't find it in stock anywhere, and I have seen it listed for more than £60. So what if you paid £8 'way back'? The Professionals and the Del Larks were only £40 each in 1989 or 1990, so what? I paid $5 for a £500 record some time back, does that make it a $5 record? I paid £25 for a Spyder Turner MGM demo from Pat Brady in 1999 or 2000, last year a demo sold for close to £200 (still have mine though). £60 for this record is a lot more reasonable than £1500+ for Bill Bush don't you think? What do you think is reasonable? What do you think Pat Brady would list it for today? £8? What do you think the usual UK dealers would list it for? I think it would not be a lot lower than £60, it would probably be around the same, maybe higher.

My prices are always very reasonable I think and often a lot lower than average UK northern market retail prices, a lot lower. If the stuff don't sell, well then I lower the price till they hopefully sell. In fact, some of my best customers over the last couple of years have been pro UK based record dealers, I like selling to dealers since they pay well and they pay fast, no messing about. When a dealer buys something though I know he will in turn sell it on with a profit, or he wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I really don't mind, but if people prefer to actually buy some of my records for 50 - 100% more, or whatever, from someone else it is very strange. I wonder if you would have questioned the price if it had appeared on the last list from one of the usual UK sellers? I think not. Did anyone mention that some of the records I currently have for sale were listed for more than 100% more (!) on a couple of UK lists recently? No, of course no one did. I sometimes see how dealers take a chance and really try to rip people off by listing records that you can pick up for $15 without too much effort for £100  and similar outrageously overpriced listings, yet I have not once seen anyone comment publicly on that, instead people keep saying that they are "honest" have "fair prices" and so on. Weird behaviour... 

Some clever person is currently bidding £50 on this poxy old boot, and it has not even ended yet. Puts £60 in perspective I think. £50 is pocket change on the northern market today, a nothing sum almost.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4739919984&rd=1

link

Why the third degree here, sorry if i offended, i was mor shocked to tell you the truth that this very average record was infact £60.00, no need to reply i take your point...what do i know...lol

mark bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert