Soul Sourcers In The Community

Soul Sourcers in the community

It takes heart

(Mods please feel free to move to the appropriate slot?)

Not been out for a bit because me n the missus have been acting as host family for two kids over from Belarus.

Nastasia and Masha are visiting Barnsley as part of a respite campaign run by the Chernobyl Child Life Line. These kids have all been affected by the legacy of Chernobyl.

Nastasia and Masha are staying with Carol and I for a month as part of the Chernobyl Children's Life Line whose mission is to get as many youngsters to have a months worth of uncontaminated food, this allows thier immune system to rebuild and it is predicted that this in turn will prolong thier lives by two years!

On the evening of the 8th of July, me and another "Soul Sourcer", Barney along with the Barnsley PALS SC took the kids out for a run around Barnsley and surrounding area finishing at Jump W.M.C. for buffet and a children's party with a magician.

The Barnsley PALS SC and The AFSC raised enough money for another child s to come to Barnsley from Belarus in 2010.

I wanted to sling this up as there have been quite a few Soul Sourcers asking about this and besides, I mega proud of it.

The youtube clip has no audio; can any one add an appropriate track?

PALSSCOOTBELARUSE.JPG

PALSSCOOTBELARUSE%20(2).JPG

PALSSCOOTBELARUSE%20(1).JPG

i365007286_92155_6.JPG

Edited by ImberBoy
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Soul Sourcers in the community

It takes heart

(Mods please feel free to move to the appropriate slot?)

Not been out for a bit because me n the missus have been acting as host family for two kids over from Belarus.

Nastasia and Masha are visiting Barnsley as part of a respite campaign run by the Chernobyl Child Life Line. These kids have all been affected by the legacy of Chernobyl.

Nastasia and Masha are staying with Carol and I for a month as part of the Chernobyl Children's Life Line whose mission is to get as many youngsters to have a months worth of uncontaminated food, this allows thier immune system to rebuild and it is predicted that this in turn will prolong thier lives by two years!

On the evening of the 8th of July, me and another "Soul Sourcer", Barney along with the Barnsley PALS SC took the kids out for a run around Barnsley and surrounding area finishing at Jump W.M.C. for buffet and a children's party with a magician.

The Barnsley PALS SC and The AFSC raised enough money for another child s to come to Barnsley from Belarus in 2010.

I wanted to sling this up as there have been quite a few Soul Sourcers asking about this and besides, I mega proud of it.

The youtube clip has no audio; can any one add an appropriate track?

PALSSCOOTBELARUSE.JPG

PALSSCOOTBELARUSE%20(2).JPG

PALSSCOOTBELARUSE%20(1).JPG

i365007286_92155_6.JPG

You have every right to feel proud Simon .

Malc Burton

Social source share

How fantastic Simon! You should feel incredibly proud. Its easy giving money, but actually giving time, patience and love is another thing altogether!

If another host family is needed - you can put me on the list of willing volunteers!

Social source share

How fantastic Simon! You should feel incredibly proud. Its easy giving money, but actually giving time, patience and love is another thing altogether!

If another host family is needed - you can put me on the list of willing volunteers!

Kirsty that's mega!!

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Top man,I will second that,atb Steve

Social source share

Guest bobby's girl

Just to echo Kirsty's words. A great act of generosity Simon. And like Kirsty, I'd be a willing volunteer. I live in Macclesfield, but anything I can do, please PM and let me know.

Wishing you and everyone involved all the very best.

Social source share

simon

it was a privelidge to be there and to be able to help and will be there again whenever.

with all the crap thats going down in the world at the moment it was truly moving to see the smiles on those kids faces

as you say these kids live in an impoverished country surrounded by death and disease the legacy of chernobyl.

the health services are stretched beyond breaking point and these kids live eat and breathe in a contaminated environment

its great what you do ,taking them away from all that and it improves their health to boot.

smashing to see other soul sourcers coming in on this

am sure we can all help, been asking round friends and family with young kids and they want to donate things like clothing ,

toiletries etc maybe we can set some thing up ,to send donated items to these kids,just a thought what do you think

cheers barney

Social source share

Well done to you and your family Simon you have every right to feel proud. Think someone famous once said WHAT WE DO FOR OURSELVES DIES WITH US BUT WHAT WE DO FOR OTHERS REMAINS FOREVER.Like Barney says i'm sure you would get a great response from a Soul night collection,or any other donation ideas.TOP MAN

PATTO

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

A brilliant cause, well done Simon. As has been said time and effort is much harder to give than money. Good for you thumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!