Soul Splash 2 Scarborough

Guest souliegirlie

Guest souliegirlie

I can't believe no-one has posted comments on the last 99 Soul Club event that took place at the Spa, Scarborough on 18th July!!!

I just want to say on behalf of Ian and myself, how much we enjoyed the night. We religiously travelled up from Newbury ever since it was held at the Corner Cafe, we supported them through the "lean" years of holding it at the Grand Hotel, and oved the new Spa venue.

A happier, friendlier crowd we could not hope to meet, and the DJs always delivered the best of sounds, to keep us up and on the floor all night.

Mick and Ade, you were a credit to the club, very professional and always polite and charming...we hope this won't be the last we see of you.

When you put Isley Brothers' Your Love is My Love Forever" on the decks near the end, I just dissolved......" it always gets me by the throat, but specially so with the poignancy of the moment...

Thanks to you all, Hannah forever a Souliegirlie!

• Replies 6
  • Views 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mezhouse

I can't believe no-one has posted comments on the last 99 Soul Club event that took place at the Spa, Scarborough on 18th July!!!

I just want to say on behalf of Ian and myself, how much we enjoyed the night. We religiously travelled up from Newbury ever since it was held at the Corner Cafe, we supported them through the "lean" years of holding it at the Grand Hotel, and oved the new Spa venue.

A happier, friendlier crowd we could not hope to meet, and the DJs always delivered the best of sounds, to keep us up and on the floor all night.

Mick and Ade, you were a credit to the club, very professional and always polite and charming...we hope this won't be the last we see of you.

When you put Isley Brothers' Your Love is My Love Forever" on the decks near the end, I just dissolved......" it always gets me by the throat, but specially so with the poignancy of the moment...

Thanks to you all, Hannah forever a Souliegirlie!

SS only came back online late last night so I'm glad to see you've started a thread now!

Well done Mick & Ade on producing a fantastic night and a very fitting end for the 99 Soul Club - out on a major high!

I had a brilliant night with great music and very good friends.

I reckon that future Soul Splash events are a must!!

Jo xx

We agree with all that you say and I did post the following on their Web Site:

Hi Ade/Mick

Hope this e-mail gets to you both?

Myself and my wife travelled over from Bradford on Saturday for your last ever 'Soul Splash' but this was our first visit! What a fantastic night we had and I know from talking to friends that we met there that we were not the only ones that felt that way! The venue is excellent and the organisation went like clockwork. All the DJ's did a great job and kept the dance floor buzzing until we left at 2.15am!

Whilst we appreciate that organising these events is a thankless job and there are always those people who want to moan and groan but it would be a real shame if you let this venue go! Perhaps after the success you had you might consider running the event occasionally?

If this is really the last one all the best and thanks for a night to remember!!

Ian & Sue

Guest evissa

We agree with all that you say and I did post the following on their Web Site:

Hi Ade/Mick

Hope this e-mail gets to you both?

Myself and my wife travelled over from Bradford on Saturday for your last ever 'Soul Splash' but this was our first visit! What a fantastic night we had and I know from talking to friends that we met there that we were not the only ones that felt that way! The venue is excellent and the organisation went like clockwork. All the DJ's did a great job and kept the dance floor buzzing until we left at 2.15am!

Whilst we appreciate that organising these events is a thankless job and there are always those people who want to moan and groan but it would be a real shame if you let this venue go! Perhaps after the success you had you might consider running the event occasionally?

If this is really the last one all the best and thanks for a night to remember!!

Ian & Sue

Guest evissa

couldn't agree more! It was a great night ... wonderful venue in a glorious location. and the music was great too.

Hope somebody can make good use of this venue in the future to continue this fine tradition on the east coast! It would make a great location for a weekender too!

Karen and Frank in Sheffield

couldn't agree more! It was a great night ... wonderful venue in a glorious location. and the music was great too.

Hope somebody can make good use of this venue in the future to continue this fine tradition on the east coast! It would make a great location for a weekender too!

Karen and Frank in Sheffield

On behalf of the 99 Soul Club thanks to everyone who has posted on here - your comments are very much appreciated. Promoting events is hard work at times but to know people have travellled long distances to support us and enjoyed themselves is reward in itself. We've met some fantastic people over the last 10 years and made many friends almost like having an extended family!!

Thanks also to those involved in promoting our events over the last 10 years and who sold tickets on our behalf for the 2 Soul Splash events. Your help was crucial in making these two successful events as was that of some fantastic DJ's all of whom happen to be really nice people to deal with as well.

To repeat the 99 Soul Club is no more. Mick and I have no plans to promote further events in Scarbro at this time but most seem to agree there is a fantastic venue in Scarborough so I would suggest that you keep your eyes and ears peeled!!

Thanks again for the support

Ade

Guest soul99 easylay

On behalf of the 99 Soul Club thanks to everyone who has posted on here - your comments are very much appreciated. Promoting events is hard work at times but to know people have travellled long distances to support us and enjoyed themselves is reward in itself. We've met some fantastic people over the last 10 years and made many friends almost like having an extended family!!

Thanks also to those involved in promoting our events over the last 10 years and who sold tickets on our behalf for the 2 Soul Splash events. Your help was crucial in making these two successful events as was that of some fantastic DJ's all of whom happen to be really nice people to deal with as well.

To repeat the 99 Soul Club is no more. Mick and I have no plans to promote further events in Scarbro at this time but most seem to agree there is a fantastic venue in Scarborough so I would suggest that you keep your eyes and ears peeled!!

Thanks again for the support

Ade

Just wanted to say (I know I'm a bit late with this - but been really busy lately) but as Frankie Valli once said "Oh what a night!" Soul Splash 2 was f*cking amazing!!!!

It was singularly THE BEST soul night I have been to, a big claim I know, but the music was stunning, some real classics and golden oldies that haven't been played for years! The atmosphere was amazing, the people were fantastic, there were no egos, no DJs trying to out do each other - just straightforward superb music, with wonderful people and some great dancing at a superb venue.

It was a superb night, and I for one would like to personally thank Mick & Ade for a truly memorable and fantastic night, it's one I will never forget.

Thanks everyone for making it such a great event. I'm truly sad to think that 99 is no more!sad.gif

Source Advert