Cairos ,eddie Daye And The Four Bars

NEV

Hi all

Assuming this has'nt been posted /discussed already on here ,purely because the site's been down.

Did anybody else on here see that Shrine record being listed on ebay by BRAD HALES

If you did'nt ,here it is...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=390070962918

I must confess i'm not a big shrine follower /collector and have never owned one ,so cannot comment on authenticity:no:

But this is most definitely unusual ,and as i do know Brad has sold some top records over the yrs, and quite a few shrine's of late,he does'nt normally pass off re-issue /boots as original.

On the contrary he imho always puts up lots of info inc sounds and very usefull scans.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I liked the look of it so much I bought it thumbsup.gif

Phil

hi phil the scans looked ok to me too, a nice oddity if ever there was one, wonder how many were pressed before they realised the mistake, i should imagine that being pressed on styrene they would have all been recycled, cant imagine many escaping

Social source share

I must confess i'm not a big shrine follower /collector and have never owned one ,so cannot comment on authenticityno.gif

But this is most definitely unusual ,and as i do know Brad has sold some top records over the yrs, and quite a few shrine's of late,he does'nt normally pass off re-issue /boots as original.

and its the second one from him in as many months.

but he assures me he doesnt have a box of em... :lol: .well we all heard that one before..haha

That the same scans from a few weeks back, maybe the same record?

gasher

Edited by hippopotamus
Social source share

I would say its totally legit as these have been around for years not in any numbers though. I thought I had one of only a couple of copies, the one Ive got although I dont have it to hand to check has got a raised X and bell sound stamp in the dead wax.

It looks like the same record as last month to me maybe the buyer didnt complete the sale.

ATB Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

Social source share

Guest Dante

and its the second one from him in as many months.

but he assures me he doesnt have a box of em... whistling.gif .well we all heard that one before..haha

gasher

as i said its his second copy..already been in communication wiht him about it.

so its not the same one he listed last.

gasher

I personally don0t think he has a box. Two or three, tops. Once, when I was at People's Records, a guy came in with two copies of the normal Cairos on Shrine + Dennis Edwards and some really ni stuff. I think this might be the same sort of thing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert