"for Demonstration Use Only" Stickers

Hi All

Calling all anoraks biggrin.gif

Paper stickers on issue copies of 45s with the words FOR DEMONSTRATION USE ONLY N0T FOR SALE are pretty common on Detroit 45s on labels such as Ric-Tic, Golden World, Groovesville etc.

However, there seem to be two quite different types.

The first type is shown in the Golden World scan below. The stickers are white, and use slightly textured paper.

The second type seems to be much less common. These are shown in the Columbia (Gigi & Charmaines) 45 shown in the second scan. This type is quite different. The paper seems much smoother, it usually looks 'discoloured' and has a blotchy 'greasy' look. I have this type of sticker on several discs that I have picked up from various sources in the US.

Anyone know anything about these two types please - especially the second type?

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-12484560308538.jpg

post-12286-12484560696524.jpg

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi All

Paper stickers on issue copies of 45s with the words FOR DEMONSTRATION USE ONLY N0T FOR SALE are pretty common on Detroit 45s on labels such as Ric-Tic, Golden World, Groovesville etc.

The first type is shown in the Golden World scan below. The stickers are white, and use slightly textured paper.

The second type seems to be much less common. These are shown in the Columbia (Gigi & Charmaines) 45 shown in the second scan. This type is quite different. The paper seems much smoother, it usually looks 'discoloured' and has a blotchy 'greasy' look. I have this type of sticker on several discs that I have picked up from various sources in the US.

Cheers

Richard

It's posts like this that make me proud to be British!

Obviously I've no idea what you're on about but it does make my own mental state seem less precarious than I originally thought.

I do have a question though. I have an Eric Lomax with sticker. Is it a demo or a rare regular issue that someone stuck a sticker on?

ROD

Social source share

Hi All

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

First time I'd noticed the difference, but see what you mean.

Date_2-1615a.jpgDate_2-1615a_DJ.jpg

Both DEMO & Sticker On Stock Copy for this one above.

Wondering if they were put to exactly the same use at the time, DJ(Radio Stations)or Other Review Purpose.

We tend to Lump together Demonstration, Promotional, DJ Copy, Audition Copy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Whereas never seen a White DEMO for the Golden World GW-27 Below.

Golden_World_27a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!