Towerfull O' Soul - Se1, Fri 24Th Jul

Guest the major

Guest the major

Well we sorted the sound system out for our second nite and just as well - the quality of the guest DJs demanded the best - Oxford Ed pplayed a storming RnB based set, getting the floor crammed in readiness for the headliner - Glasto & Dockyard legend Jo Wallace, ably assisted by Paul. Without being a retrospective, Jo injected a little of the These Old Shoes magic and the dancefloor was almost at shuffling room only. A belting set, again digging deep into the RnB vaults - I think we did what we set out to do and gave everyone a night to tremember for all the right reasons.

My co-hosts, Ginger Dave and Roger Hill played their socks off in the warm up and running down to the midnite hour, double decking.

I'd like to thank the Blue Skies gang, Martin & the Kent crew all the Hospital folk and everyone of the drinkers and dancers who made it such a pleasure to put on the event -

Already looking forward to the next one - Fri 18th September, when we are delighted to have Paul McKay of the Essex Soul Club and Mr Mischief of just about everywhere of quality, as our guest DJs.

I'll do the photos when I get home.

And apologies to my consultant surgeon, as I resolutely ignored his advice to avoid any vigorous dancing - the old hip is feeling it today ....

• Replies 7
  • Views 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vinylvixen

Fabulous night, fabulous people....and I got to play the Dells biggrin.gif Lovely to see so many old friends there and on a plus point the dancefloor no longer slopes and the place doesn't smell of drains. So, win/win all round. PTP was the perfect double decking partner and a good time was had by all. Then it was all aboard the Last Train To Harlow with some M&S chocolate cake....a perfect end to a perfect night. Jo xx

Guest kent soul club

Fabulous night, fabulous people....and I got to play the Dells biggrin.gif Lovely to see so many old friends there and on a plus point the dancefloor no longer slopes and the place doesn't smell of drains. So, win/win all round. PTP was the perfect double decking partner and a good time was had by all. Then it was all aboard the Last Train To Harlow with some M&S chocolate cake....a perfect end to a perfect night. Jo xx

I thought it sloped a little bit, or was that the shandy?laugh.gif

Had a great night, not a bad little cotingent of Jo wallace groupies up from Medway for a friday night, was it?

See ya at Southgate later.smile.gif

Guest the major

Photos are up on the Gallery - don't be fooled by the light (damn that flash).

A great night and thanks once again to all those who turned out for making it so enjoyable.

Guest GingerDave

Photos are up on the Gallery - don't be fooled by the light (damn that flash).

A great night and thanks once again to all those who turned out for making it so enjoyable.

Big thank you to Jo Ed and Paul for making Friday night a success,and to every one that tune up thanks and to our two girls on the door see you all in September

Guest the major

A great night Andy. Thanks for organising, and many more thanks for the invitation - it was a lot of fun!

Ed.

you're welcome Ed; don't lose the directions - you'll be coming back!!!

Guest rogerblush

Well done all, it was a cracking night. Top sounds, a great little venue and a fantastic crowd, I can't wait for the next one.

Source Advert