Played From The Heart /for The Heart

Only a matter of weeks away now , so out comes the drum and the tin just to remind you all that have wondered why a few on here always seem to post the same avatar smile.gif yes it's the day where we celebrate the lives of those souls that have passed on that really did touch our hearts and souls in their lifetime.

To name but three that gave us so much in good fun , great taste in music and basically lit a room up when ever they were around...

Frank Jackson .... Bob Hall ... Nige Shaw

It also happens to be the groups 7th Birthday , all Dj's are regular posters that have shared their knowledge and buys with the group and they span the whole country , from as far up as Newcastle way right down to sunny Greenwhich , all lovely boys ! plus yours truly , well someone has to keep them in order innocent.gif The music policy is right across the board... no brakes on this one, they are playing from the heart sounds that they love.

There are no costs associated with this function so every single penny goes to the BHF. Dj's time and hiring of equipment and the social club has all been donated FREE ! The entrance fee is 5.00 , thats is not even a pound an hour for you !

We will be arranging a small raffle of which is made up of records donated by some people on here ( still more time if anyone has anymore to send me ) ...contact me on a PM , we also hope to have some ticket donations for other do's.

The club itself is putting food on that you can buy should you want to stay the full 8 hours and more ! It officially starts at 5pm , pay on the door , first come first gets in..... 300 capacity so get there early to be sure of getting in.

I will also have some gift aid forms on the door should you wish to fill oie in , if you are happy for me to pass the funds on in my name..no problem , any tax gains will go back in the pot. We do this so the tax man doesn't get a penny of what is collected.

I am really looking forward to seeing some great friends from all over the country and sharing this day with them , hope you can make it too !

Over the next couple of weeks I shall get the Dj's to issue a three play statement ...3 sounds that they will incorporate in their sets , so you can see a very small selection of what is going to be played.

In the nutshell as Eddie Floyd would say THATS' ALL rolleyes.gif

Full statement of accounts will be made available on the net after the event with BHF confirmation of receipt of funds.

post-9590-12485980998237_thumb.jpg

post-9590-12485980998237_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carms
  • Replies 95
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Mick Donnelly

I really hope this one is a massive success carms ... I'm looking forward to it no end as there is always a great mix of music at the Carms All-dayers and I'm sure this one'll be no different ...

Don't forget we've also got a couple of Torch reunion tickets to some how raffle off aswell .. not sure how we are going to do that but I'm sure something suitable will pop into my head between now and the 15th .. you got any ideas :)

It'll be nice to catch up with old friends, listen to some fine music and raise a few quid for a worthy cause all at the same time

see ya on the 15th

mickd

Really up for this. thought I'd post a few plays that I'm considering playing on the day. Whadyathink

George Perkins - Baby I love you - Royal Steel

Bernard Williams - It's needless to say - Harthon

Mike Pedicin - Burnt toast and black coffee - Federal

Rudy Love - Suffering Wrath - Canyon

Beverly Wheeler - Don't shake my tree - BSC

Al McCarthur - His true love for you - Two Guitars

The Precious Three - I need a man - Reforee

Betty Wilson - I'm yours - Dayco

Big Martha - You don't love me - Esprit

Pat Lewis - No one to love - Solid Hit

Ramona Collins - you been cheating

Bobby Valentin - Use it before you lose it - Fania

Hector Rivera - A chance for romance - Barry

Lewise Bethune - Chi-town Boogaloo - Sack

Betty Lavette - Stand up like a man - Calla

Ray Medina - Head's head - Mares

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do - Kool Kat

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart/Lucky lucky me

Daisy Burris - Four strong winds - Deesu

Tiny topsy - Just a little Bit - Federal

Cecil Washington - I don't like to lose - Prophonics

Les Chansonettes - Don't let him hurt you - Shrine

Tony Middleton - Return to Spanish Harlem - Speed

Sweet Breeze - Good thing - Willpower

Our ladies of soul - Let's groove together - Kelton

Herb Ward - Bring me coffee in the morning

Ruby - Feminine Inginuity - Token

Guest Mick Donnelly

Really up for this. thought I'd post a few plays that I'm considering playing on the day. Whadyathink

George Perkins - Baby I love you - Royal Steel

Bernard Williams - It's needless to say - Harthon

Mike Pedicin - Burnt toast and black coffee - Federal

Rudy Love - Suffering Wrath - Canyon

Beverly Wheeler - Don't shake my tree - BSC

Al McCarthur - His true love for you - Two Guitars

The Precious Three - I need a man - Reforee

Betty Wilson - I'm yours - Dayco

Big Martha - You don't love me - Esprit

Pat Lewis - No one to love - Solid Hit

Ramona Collins - you been cheating

Bobby Valentin - Use it before you lose it - Fania

Hector Rivera - A chance for romance - Barry

Lewise Bethune - Chi-town Boogaloo - Sack

Betty Lavette - Stand up like a man - Calla

Ray Medina - Head's head - Mares

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do - Kool Kat

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart/Lucky lucky me

Daisy Burris - Four strong winds - Deesu

Tiny topsy - Just a little Bit - Federal

Cecil Washington - I don't like to lose - Prophonics

Les Chansonettes - Don't let him hurt you - Shrine

Tony Middleton - Return to Spanish Harlem - Speed

Sweet Breeze - Good thing - Willpower

Our ladies of soul - Let's groove together - Kelton

Herb Ward - Bring me coffee in the morning

Ruby - Feminine Inginuity - Token

Nice set of tunes Warren ... any of the south London posse coming up with you?

Nice set of tunes Warren ... any of the south London posse coming up with you?

Carmen,

Post me some flyers mate - I can put them out at Boomerang next week and VaVa Voom in London the week after.

Still need to post you my contribution for the raffle this week ...but do you think a photo of Soul Sam and his 12" would sell many tickets? :thumbup:

Hope you all raise lots for a very worthy cause and in memory of some really nice soul guys :thumbsup: .

m

Edited by Maria O

Carms you should put where abouts in the UK exactly Hilcote is - I've never heard of it so others won't have either. Junction 28, I drive a car but that means absolutely nothing to me either I'm afraid.

The nearest civilisation is Mansfield Petewhistling Just North of Nottingham

Guest Mick Donnelly

Carms you should put where abouts in the UK exactly Hilcote is - I've never heard of it so others won't have either. Junction 28, I drive a car but that means absolutely nothing to me either I'm afraid.

Pete it's somewhere between Alfreton and Mansfield

Carmen,

Post me some flyers mate - I can put them out at Boomerang next week and VaVa Voom in London the week after.

Still need to post you my contribution for the raffle this week ...but do you think a photo of Soul Sam and his 12" would sell many tickets? :tongue:

Hope you all raise lots for a very worthy cause and in memory of some really nice soul guys :yes: .

m

Will do ... text me an address ,,,lol Sam , bet you made his day lol

Guest smudgesmith

Pete we will dropping shit loads of flyers over the next three weeks .... there is a map on the back , and also the postcode for SAT navers is DE55 5HU

By the way record dealers and sellers of fine soul memorablia welcome.

I take it one can pay one the door?

See you at the Go Go :thumbsup:

I was sat here doing some work and this mail pops in my mailbox

Hey Carms this dropped on the mat this week what do you reckon ? no artist shown , clicks on the file and goodnes me it's a top want of mine Deloras E .. I've been looking . sent by Stevie Hiscock who has so many under played good records its torture for him to select 25 lol

One think is for sure he will be made to play Deloras J Only time I have heard this is when Fryer played it preceding a Keb Darge show on the radio ....It's been lodged in the want section of my brain for a some time.

Just didn't expect to hear it J

This has seemed a very long time coming!

Heart Problems can strike ANY Family , so its really nice to think we can give something back and remember those who would have been there too on the day too!!

Please try and come and support this so worthy cause ,, even if you have other plans for that nite call in eary doors and show your support!!

Ive DJd at the venue in the past its a Brand New Building with great facilities,, theres a stream runnig next to the venue so if the weathers kind and we spill outside its lovely souroundings!!

All the DJs have super collections so the music will very varied and intersting

The Veue is about Half a mile from the M1 Jnt 28 ,,,,way before Alfreton!! Dead easy to find!

I for one cant wait !!

Torchboy x

Edited by Torchboy

A few that I will be playing :

Roy Smith - Very strong on you - I just love the joy in this song it is such a very happy go lucky tune and an absolute delight to dance to , it's tempo is kind on an older body

Impressions - Wherever you leadeth me - The honey vocals of Curtis Mayfield just melts the soul and the tempo carrys you away at the highest level.

The Esquires - You got the power if you love a group harmony of angelic male voices this is for you , best 10 pound record i have picked up

Joe Mathews - she's my beauty queen - Perfection is soul a gentle chugger of a sound with a voice you will never forget ( get it same backing track) ...anorak moment . there ....

Willy Mcdougal - Don't turn away - Something to put fire in your belly and make your toes curl

Shirley Karol - Just to make you happy - Lets funk it up a bit , how can anyone resist this ladies charms

Winified Parker - I'm on my way - don't hear this enough and it wants playing

Joyce Davis - Hello heartaches/goodbye love - One word WOW !

Edited by Carms

Impressions - Wherever you leadeth me - The honey vocals of curtis Mayfield just melts the soul and the tempo carrys you away on the fluffiest cloud

Carms

You're mellowing in your old age............great tune that is one of those tunes that makes you feel all warm inside.

Cheers

Martyn

PS Mad Man From Hull..............I resemble that remark :D

Guest Mick Donnelly

The nearest civilisation is Mansfield Pete :unsure: Just North of Nottingham

Of course we will be expecting a big turn out from the Attic lot .. the bar have doubled up on the normal stock just to accomodate :lol:

Of course we will be expecting a big turn out from the Attic lot .. the bar have doubled up on the normal stock just to accomodate whistling.gif

I don't think the commitee is going know whats hit them.

I hope to see Mick & Sandra this weekend to touch base about what sort of food will be available at the venue .

Also there is Premier In at Tibshelf/Mansfield which is under a mile away from the venue , I think Premier are very good value at the moment for those that might want to stay.

I also heard that there is a record fare on the same day quite close. We will be letting the organisers know about displaying some flyers on our behalf.

And also getting more details about where this is .... some of us might want to call in before our function starts .

T -shirt designs are now in the bag simple in design RED offcourse ! and quite trendy , I bet your son pinches yours laugh.gif

Guest Mick Donnelly

I don't think the commitee is going know whats hit them.

I hope to see Mick & Sandra this weekend to touch base about what sort of food will be available at the venue .

Also there is Premier In at Tibshelf/Mansfield which is under a mile away from the venue , I think Premier are very good value at the moment for those that might want to stay.

I also heard that there is a record fare on the same day quite close. We will be letting the organisers know about displaying some flyers on our behalf.

And also getting more details about where this is .... some of us might want to call in before our function starts .

T -shirt designs are now in the bag simple in design RED offcourse ! and quite trendy , I bet your son pinches yours :)

Red ... now there's a suprise .. you like red don't ya :lol:

Red ... now there's a suprise .. you like red don't ya :laugh:

Red is the only colour mate :diablo: LOl .... the devil makes work for idle hands to do .... Smiths ......chapter 8 verse 10 or something like that.

The record Fare is at Moorlands ... more on that later , flyer .... Browny , run by Sam Moore and Roger Banks , so maybe we can press gang them when they shut at three to come to us at 5.

Guest Mick Donnelly

lets hope the weathers not a wash out like it has been over the last few days :thumbup: .... the good thing is there'll be no chance of a hose pipe ban .. which woukld be ok if I had a hose pipe :thumbsup:

Carms and i have visited the venue again this morning and had a Full Tour from a little lady resembling Mrs Overall from Acorn Antiques!!

I quite forgot what a GREAT LITTLE VENUE this is!!

We found another room of the main lounge and danceflooor that IDEAL for record sales and memorablia dealers so if ta wanna table let us know!! No charge but a donation to the fund would be nice!!

We got people coming from all over now and Mrs Overall said if the weathers good there WILL be a Bar B Q

Please try and come and make this a great day

Torchboy x

lets hope the weathers not a wash out like it has been over the last few days :no: .... the good thing is there'll be no chance of a hose pipe ban .. which woukld be ok if I had a hose pipe :laugh:

Popped in this morning on our way back from another charity do .

Love the look of the place , you can still smell the paint this place looks that new.

We have one main room for dancing two lounge areas for a chill out or record sales area . The doors can also be opened to enjoy the garden smoking area weather permitting.

Lol it was closed when we were looking through the windows and this little lady who had been cleaning let us in to take a look around . Nige said sorry if you thought we were trying to break in . She smiled and pointed a spray disinfectant and said I would sprayed you with me gun. It was so funny the way she jumped a posed with the spray gun lol... you can tell the managment are great at this venue.

They so hope we all have a lovely day.

Guest Mick Donnelly

Carms and i have visited the venue again this morning and had a Full Tour from a little lady resembling Mrs Overall from Acorn Antiques!!

I quite forgot what a GREAT LITTLE VENUE this is!!

We found another room of the main lounge and danceflooor that IDEAL for record sales and memorablia dealers so if ta wanna table let us know!! No charge but a donation to the fund would be nice!!

We got people coming from all over now and Mrs Overall said if the weathers good there WILL be a Bar B Q

Please try and come and make this a great day

Torchboy x

Nige I understand you two were having a chat over breakfast with one of the 'boro faithful and you may have picked up another stray for the evening LOL

Edited by Mick Donnelly
Guest Mick Donnelly

do you have a paypal facility for those that can't attend and wish to contribute?

urghhh ... dunno ... where's Carms when you need her :yes:

Good morning , sorry about not being about yestreday ...it was my rest day sleep3.gif ...right ,

Paul I have not set up a special paypal account I do have one myself but I think it is always wise to keep charitable funds separate fromt your own goings on ....if you know what i mean marra ( picked that up from smudge ) but if you would like to donate a fooooooooow quid or something a cheque made out to the British Heart Foundation would be great , just give it to Mick ad we can send it with the monies collected on the day. Be nice to see you actually.

Good morning , sorry about not being about yestreday ...it was my rest day sleep3.gif ...right ,

Paul I have not set up a special paypal account I do have one myself but I think it is always wise to keep charitable funds separate fromt your own goings on ....if you know what i mean marra ( picked that up from smudge ) but if you would like to donate a fooooooooow quid or something a cheque made out to the British Heart Foundation would be great , just give it to Mick ad we can send it with the monies collected on the day. Be nice to see you actually.

I have three passions in life....My wife and kids, my records and my footy team who entertaining Sheff Wed that afternoon and then have a family get together in the weekend. Sorry and all that however would like to donate and therefore could you pm me your current home addy so I can send something up this week.

I have three passions in life....My wife and kids, my records and my footy team who entertaining Sheff Wed that afternoon and then have a family get together in the weekend. Sorry and all that however would like to donate and therefore could you pm me your current home addy so I can send something up this week.

G'Day paul, crikey youre up early mate !! Will you be going to the Forest game on the 3rd October ? I'm hoping to get a ticket, can you sort it please? Cheers mate, Tony Edg;ey. OZ.

Thanks Paul I have PM'd you and someone else called Mick by mistake lol

MickD - I have done the radio beggiing ... Richard Searling , Mary Fox , Jenny WIlkes and Dean Anderson... at thats before 7am !

Now we should have made Manifesto .... anyone got a copy or is it due out soon ?

Also anyone that has PM'd me with donations I am having big issues with the mail box can you redirect your mail to Carms@hotmail.com please if I have not replied to you , I have not recieved the PM through the soulsource mailbox. Think something is up with my drivers on here ?

I know for a fact John Poole has promised some tickets on a PM and I have not recieved his mail ?

I will post up prize details next week.