For Sale: Jack Hammer - Swim

Sebastian

I can't remember who it was or on which forum... but a while back someone posted a "want" for

Jack Hammer "Swim"

I've got a swedish Tamla Motown 7" copy here.

It's in M- condition.

Make me an offer if you're interested.

PayPal accepted.

Trades considered.

PM or e-mail me (fonzeus@telia.com).

wicked.gif

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can't remember who it was or on which forum... but a while back someone posted a "want" for

Jack Hammer "Swim"

I've got a swedish Tamla Motown 7" copy here.

It's in M- condition.

Make me an offer if you're interested.

PayPal accepted.

Trades considered.

PM or e-mail me (fonzeus@telia.com).

:huh:

link

I'd be interested in this Seb.

Not good at making offers thoughas I'm tight and this often causes offense.

Social source share

I'd be interested in this Seb.

Not good at making offers thoughas I'm tight and this often causes offense.

link

Sold one for £20 saturday,at 100club saturday,hope that helps Pikey? :huh:

Social source share

The latest copy on eBay went for £72...   :huh:

link

I dont wanna put anybody down here,people put posts on here you give a opinion,and you get back stuff like if i wanted your opinion i would ask for it!.

First of all no way this actual record is a soul record in any way shape or form?,and its not even a good rock tune,i know mr Hammer as at least one good record out there in the soul world,and this is not it!,would not suprise me if Sebastian himself had won this,thinking that looks fantastic which it dose,might even be popcorn!,wins is item gets it home :huh: ,now he needs to recoop some of is loses!,the B side aint any better either colorcombination,sorry Sebastian this is not a soul record and deffo should not be advertised as one! :huh: ,if you beg to differ?post mp3 up and have a vote ie;soul not soul?,if i was to say nothing we would have change from Soul/source to Label/source :huh: ,last couple from me! "its crap".

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

I dont wanna put anybody down here,people put posts on here you give a opinion,and you get back stuff like if i wanted your opinion i would ask for it!.

First of all no way this actual record is a soul record in any way shape or form?,and its not even a good rock tune,i know mr Hammer as at least one good record out there in the soul world,and this is not it!,would not suprise me if Sebastian himself had won this,thinking that looks fantastic which it dose,might even be popcorn!,wins is item gets it home  :huh: ,now he needs to recoop some of is loses!,the B side aint any better either colorcombination,sorry Sebastian this is not a soul record and deffo should not be advertised as one! :huh: ,if you beg to differ?post mp3 up and have a vote ie;soul not soul?,if i was to say nothing we would have change from Soul/source to Label/source  :huh: ,last couple from me! "it crap".

link

Whoa! Easy. I've never said that it was a soul record. Where did I write that? :huh: Not that it matters considering about 50% of the records being sold as "soul" on the many different forums though... wink.gif And further to that, why did you bring it to the 100 Club to sell if it wasn't a soul/r&b record? And why did someone buy it? Probably because they like one of the tunes on this particular 45. And it's very funky and rocks a club like hell. Not a northern soul floor perhaps, but that's not really relevant. It has also got a Motown connection having been released on US Soul and swedish Tamla Motown.

Someone asked a while back if anyone had a copy of Jack Hammer "Swim" for sale. It did happen on this forum, so I thought I should offer my copy. I sold my last copy for £40, and this new one I found yesterday in a nearby shop here in my hometown of Malmoe, Sweden. I ofcourse want to make as big a profit as possible. I've already been offered £50 cash. Can anyone better that?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Whoa! Easy. I've never said that it was a soul record. Where did I write that?  :huh: Not that it matters considering about 50% of the records being sold as "soul" on the many different forums though...  :huh:   And further to that, why did you bring it to the 100 Club to sell if it wasn't a soul/r&b record? And why did someone buy it? Probably because they like one of the tunes on this particular 45. And it's very funky and rocks a club like hell. Not a northern soul floor perhaps, but that's not really relevant. It has also got a Motown connection having been released on US Soul and swedish Tamla Motown.

Someone asked a while back if anyone had a copy of Jack Hammer "Swim" for sale. It did happen on this forum, so I thought I should offer my copy. I sold my last copy for £40, and this new one I found yesterday in a nearby shop here in my hometown of Malmoe, Sweden. I ofcourse want to make as big a profit as possible. I've already been offered £50 cash. Can anyone better that?

link

The differance is i told him it was crap!and not soul,i try`d my best to give him the full picture,even calling him a tosser for wanting it!,like i say this is soul/source and selling stuff like this give soul/source a bad name?,if its because its rare label just stick it on E-bay!i have no probblems with that!,i will ask the mate what he thinks "now" bet he aint so happy now... :huh:

Social source share

Take the money!,tight git!!!cant believe your give someone a hard time over this,trouble is if you E-bay it it might not sell!,then you wasted a resonable offer,could end up costing you $.

link

Oh dear bloody god!!! You sure jump to conclusions today. I'm not giving anyone a hard time. I AM trying to work out a trade deal with the "£50-guy". Seriously, isn't it YOU who are giving ME a hard time here? Do you think that every non-soul record that is advertised for sale here should be listed like...

Liz Verdi - Think It Over - COLUMBIA - £200

* please note, this is not a soul record *

Robert John - Raindrops Love And Sunshine - A&M - £40

* please note, this is not a soul record *

...to avoid letting people down? :huh:

The person that has offered me £50 for Jack Hammer knows FULL WELL what it sounds like and probably couldn't care less whether you think it is a soul record or not. So does the people who are bidding on the current copy up on eBay (£26 now, more than 3 days to go). This is a record that sells because there is a demand for it. I'm not saying that it is a soul tune but whether it is or not is irrelevant.

Have I offended you recently? Why the agressive tone of your messages? Was it my :huh: smilie that upset you? I didn't mean to.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

So what if it is not a soul record? A very large percentage of the records discussed, sold and wanted on this forum are not any kind of soul records either. A very large portion of all northern soul that people buy, dance to, play out in clubs, etc. is not any kind of soul music at all. Should it all be banned from the site? I personally think that would be excellent, since practically all of it is a pile of steaming shit, but then again I have always been in a minority belonging as I do to the fanatic, purist, racist, lunatic fringe movement of the soul scene. :huh:

Social source share

So what if it is not a soul record? A very large percentage of the records discussed, sold and wanted on this forum are not any kind of soul records either. A very large portion of all northern soul that people buy, dance to, play out in clubs, etc. is not any kind of soul music at all. Should it all be banned from the site? I personally think that would be excellent, since practically all of it is a pile of steaming shit, but then again I have always been in a minority belonging as I do to the fanatic, purist, racist, lunatic fringe movement of the soul scene. :huh:

link

That should be reverse racist Christian. And you know that I'm the only one who ever listens to you. :huh:

Social source share

Have I offended you recently? Why the agressive tone of your messages? Was it my  :huh: smilie that upset you? I didn't mean to.

link

Definately not,no way!,i didnt think i was agressive or out of order,and Liz Verdi is a soul record :huh: northernsoul that is!,tell my mate Bob the log from rotherham its not soul!,now that i would like to see :huh: ...

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Definately not,no way!,i didnt think i was agressive or out of order,and Liz Verdi is a soul record  :huh: northernsoul that is!,tell my mate Bob the log from rotherham its not soul!,now that i would like to see  :huh: ...

link

liz verdi is brilliant northern soul imo. :huh:

Shane

ps tell my mate from Nottingham, Darryl the Barrel, its not soul! :huh:

Social source share

i love the jack hammer 45  .... both sides ..... definitely rocks .... and most importantly fills the dancefloor where I live ... fantastic!!

link

Dont believe this,either i have got very bad taste or you live on another planet?.

Think mp3 requeird,let everybody have a giggle!,i have been around too long,and it must be affecting my ears!,thank god its not affected my looks though ph34r.gif

Social source share

well, we definitely live on the same planet ........ but you might have bad taste, more likely though that we have different taste.

I can say in all honesty that it has gone down a storm when I've played it ..... and it went down i would say because it has a great beat and is catchy. Most of the people dancing would not have had a clue who it was either.

Of course ... if you don't like it as a track thats fair enough .... I'm just saying that it goes down a storm where i play. The first place I heard it was in a club called SOUL in stockholm ...... and there also being played to a full dancefloor.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!