Since When Has Celeste Hardy Been

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

I used to see it listed regularly for 300 not that long ago.

600 does seem excessive.

I used to see it on John Anderson's Soul Bowl list for £1 --- in fact I bought two of 'em and sold 'em for about the same

Hindsights a marvellous thing sad.gif

Social source share

I used to see it on John Anderson's Soul Bowl list for £1 --- in fact I bought two of 'em and sold 'em for about the same

Hindsights a marvellous thing sad.gif

Like I said before I had a 25 count-box of it, back in 74, sold most of them at the Legion for £2 each.

When the Band Club opened July 76 I had 2 copies left and sold them off at 50p each.yes.gif

Edited by davetay
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Like I said before I had a 25 count-box of it, back in 74, sold most of them at the Legion for £2 each.

When the Band Club opened July 76 I had 2 copies left and sold them off at 50p each.yes.gif

What pub do you go in, we could meet up and cry in our pints

I sell books and once left a true first ed of the first Harry Potter in a charity shop for 45p

18 grand plus now

Where's that rope.

Social source share

I sell books and once left a true first ed of the first Harry Potter in a charity shop for 45p

18 grand plus now

Where's that rope.

Like you said hindsight is a marvellous thing.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

If it's any comfort Minit..............I've never had much luck in Accrington. Payed £30.00 for mine in early 80's, so you could say I am still quite lucky ohmy.gif .

Social source share

JUST HAD A BUTCHERS AT PAT BRADYS AUCTION AND ITS OVER 600 SQUID..

WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT

FECKIN CRAZY OR WHAT..

ASTOUNDED...

GASHER

Sure I saw one in sales section of SS @ £300 recently?

Surely there's no way this is rare enough to fetch £600+, great recor though it is g.gif

Social source share

Sure I saw one in sales section of SS @ £300 recently?

Surely there's no way this is rare enough to fetch £600+, great recor though it is g.gif

Since when has rarity made any difference John? Look at the amount of Cashmeres there are about & the stupid price that fetches .......... or just look at manships auction every week ohmy.gif

Social source share

Since when has rarity made any difference John? Look at the amount of Cashmeres there are about & the stupid price that fetches .......... or just look at manships auction every week :ohmy:

Who pays these prices, and do they amit to it?:ohmy:

Social source share

Hindsights a marvellous thing :sad:

I was fully expecting the john anderson had it for 10p comment. I bet this applies to a frightening number of todays big money records.

i've only been collecting for 12 or so years so can only commewnt on more recent prices for items.

wish I was collecting early 80s..... :sad:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

It was £300 about ten years ago, then it went up to about £450 and then it went down again to £300 and i there seemed to be a lot around for sale, i wondered at the time if some more had been found. £600 does seem a bit excessive considering the number of times it comes up for sale.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

wish I was collecting early 80s..... :sad:

I wish i was collecting early 80s as well and i was there. Now buying stuff a hundred times more expensive than when i could have picked it up for a couple of quid :sad:

Social source share

600 is well excessive, dont some people think when theyre bidding on these records that maybe they don't turn up everyday but surely a record like this will turn up somewhere in the next month or so.

regards, BRI PINCH.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 16TH AUGUST, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

FRIENDSHIP @ KINGSTONE CLUB, SAT 29TH AUGUST.

HULL SOUL CLUB, FRI 4TH SEPT.

Social source share

On another note, anyone know what Ascots - Few Feet From The Gutter ended up on Brownie's auction, when I looked yesterday it was £725. What's that all about ? . Steve

Both Ascots and Celest Hardie - £300 to £350

There was an Ascots on Shifty's list yesterday for £300

Social source share

I wish i was collecting early 80s as well and i was there. Now buying stuff a hundred times more expensive than when i could have picked it up for a couple of quid sad.gif

early 80s is before i even knew what musical joiurney i'd end up on.

went through all the usual suspects of hip hop, indie, dance then onto soul after all them.

you must kick yourself at times but there must be a hell of a lot of people who have had a lot of todays big money records for next to nothing sold them cheap and now having to pay to get them back or just not bothering to try and get them back and wishing for it to be like to 80s again.

doesn't sound like the prices have put you off though matt rolleyes.gif keep at it.

still plenty of bargains on ebay I think even now so its not all bad.

Social source share

I was fully expecting the john anderson had it for 10p comment. I bet this applies to a frightening number of todays big money records.

i've only been collecting for 12 or so years so can only commewnt on more recent prices for items.

wish I was collecting early 80s..... sad.gif

Makes you think that there must be records today going for "nothing" that we can regret not buying in 2030 :thumbsup::thumbup:

Edited by Tommy1
Social source share

Makes you think that there must be records today going for "nothing" that we can regret not buying in 2030 g.gifbiggrin.gif

will certainly be interesting to have that discussion in 2030..... wonder how many of us there will be by then still listeing to and trying to find rare soul ? laugh.gifhuh.gif

so much knowledge will have been forgotton by then that many common records could be passed of as rare again. wicked.gif

Social source share

I wish i was collecting early 80s as well and i was there. Now buying stuff a hundred times more expensive than when i could have picked it up for a couple of quid :sad:

I was collecting in the 70s, but you have to think I was on £13,a week,and my Mam wanted £6 board money,

I remember buying a record for a £10 one week,that was it I could not go out for a few weeks

but I did pick one or two things up for 10p:smile:

Kev

Social source share

IN 199I BOTH ME AND OUR BRI WERE ON THE DOLE FOR A SPELL AND SKINT BUT WE WENT OUT ONE NIGHT TO THE WELFARE HALL SOUL NIGHT IN GOLDTHORPE, PAID TO GET IN, BOUGHT A PINT. BOX OF 45`S THERE. PULLED OUT A GENE WOODBURY EVER AGAIN ON DEL VAL MINT £20 AND THAT WAS US. ENOUGH FOR 1 MORE PINT EACH AND NO MONEY FOR TAXI SO WE HAD TO WALK. ONLY 2 MILES THO AND WE HAD A GENE WOODBURY.:lol: HAPPY DAYS

DAVE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert