What's The Most You'd Pay For That Long Time Elusive Want?

Guest James Trouble

Cheers Dave. Just the image I've been trying to cultivate LOL.

If getting people records they really want puts me down as a spiv then fair enough. Happily everyone who's received their records is delighted so far.......

Ian D smile.gif

Don't be a cant. You've seen a chance to milk passionate collectors of their hard earned money to spend it on crap consumables that you couldn't otherwise afford without leaching it out of this forum because you've got a job in McDonalds serving Big Macs to the stupid masses.

Tim didn't know what you were doing, he just told you that every record had it's price and you took it upon yourself to act the big superstar broker with a secret army of unknown buyers he couldn't otherwise get access to without broadcasting that he was selling his collection.

Do you really think he would have wanted you to do it if he knew you were going to broadcast it all over soul-source? Because the fact is you don't have a secret army of unknown rare soul buyers, you have fack all, you're washed up, out of touch and irrelevant. You daft numpty, go away and spend whatever money you've leached out of whoever it is you've sucked in already and don't try any of this nonsense on here again.

25-20=5

wanker.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

• Replies 236
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest James Trouble

I'm sure Tim's got great contacts all over.

He has given Soul Sourcers the chance as I see it.

You can take it or leave it.

Psmile.gif

PS any one got a photo of the Tennant look a like?biggrin.gif

Given SSers a chance :D Dewheist acted the big "I am" to Tim Brown after Tim said he'd sell any record for the right price. Then dewheist has used SS like a secret source of buyers and has pocketed the difference between Tim's sell price and whatever he's milked out of the SSer who has been told he's buying off a secret unknown hermit collector who lives in a cave and has no access to the outside world.

It's the oldest trick in the book, but with added bitterness, contempt and greed. 25-20=5 angry.gif

Oh, and loads of pics of the Tennant lookalike on face book, innit. You making a scrapbook? That's nice. I've got a scrap book of the abzorbaloff look-a-like. Want to start a new thread?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Given SSers a chance :laugh: Dewheist acted the big "I am" to Tim Brown after Tim said he'd sell any record for the right price. Then dewheist has used SS like a secret source of buyers and has pocketed the difference between Tim's sell price and whatever he's milked out of the SSer who has been told he's buying off a secret unknown hermit collector who lives in a cave and has no access to the outside world.

It's the oldest trick in the book, but with added bitterness, contempt and greed. 25-20=5 :angry:

Oh, and loads of pics of the Tennant lookalike on face book, innit. You making a scrapbook? That's nice. I've got a scrap book of the abzorbaloff look-a-like. Want to start a new thread?

:laugh::laugh:

You'll have to add me as a friend first tho'

P:smile:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'd just like to say that I stole the name "Dooberry Irrelevent " from another forum.( a forum that Ian D is on) So its not my fault ya know whistling

The only forum he's relevant on is the History Forum, alongside threads about Nick Leason and Madoff and other washed up con men and chancers of our age

Social source share

Don't be a cant. You've seen a chance to milk passionate collectors of their hard earned money to spend it on crap consumables that you couldn't otherwise afford without leaching it out of this forum because you've got a job in McDonalds serving Big Macs to the stupid masses.

Tim didn't know what you were doing, he just told you that every record had it's price and you took it upon yourself to act the big superstar broker with a secret army of unknown buyers he couldn't otherwise get access to without broadcasting that he was selling his collection.

Do you really think he would have wanted you to do it if he knew you were going to broadcast it all over soul-source? Because the fact is you don't have a secret army of unknown rare soul buyers, you have fack all, you're washed up, out of touch and irrelevant. You daft numpty, go away and spend whatever money you've leached out of whoever it is you've sucked in already and don't try any of this nonsense on here again.

25-20=5

:wanker:

Of course Tim knew what I was doing you twat. That was the whole point.

The excercise was to locate anyone who might not otherwise deal with him and/or new buyers. And even occasionally someone who may have dicked him around in the past and was possibly too embarassed to contact him again. Ring any bells perchance?

I suggest you retire away to your own little bubble of self-importance and fester away with your teeming hatred elsewhere 'cos you don't do yourself any favours on here.

Plus you're no spring chicken yourself these days - a bit too middle-aged to be playing the angry young man card and christening yourself with childish nicknames.

Ian D :wanker:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Of course Tim knew what I was doing you twat. That was the whole point.

The excercise was to locate anyone who might not otherwise deal with him and/or new buyers. And even occasionally someone who may have dicked him around in the past and was possibly too embarassed to contact him again. Ring any bells perchance?

I suggest you retire away to your own little bubble of self-importance and fester away with your teeming hatred elsewhere 'cos you don't do yourself any favours on here.

Plus you're no spring chicken yourself these days - a bit too middle-aged to be playing the angry young man card and christening yourself with childish nicknames.

Ian D :wanker:

Thursday 20th August

James Trouble "So you didn't know Dewheist was posting it all over soul-source"

Tim Brown "No I didn't know that but he's got me 20 grand of sales from it"

Ian Dewheist in a boastful PM to me August 15th "I've sold £25K's worth of absolute gems"

Social source share

Given SSers a chance :laugh: Dewheist acted the big "I am" to Tim Brown after Tim said he'd sell any record for the right price. Then dewheist has used SS like a secret source of buyers and has pocketed the difference between Tim's sell price and whatever he's milked out of the SSer who has been told he's buying off a secret unknown hermit collector who lives in a cave and has no access to the outside world.

It's the oldest trick in the book, but with added bitterness, contempt and greed. 25-20=5 :angry:

No bitterness here Mr Mildly Annoying. Just plenty of people who have got their records and are very happy with 'em. Just sold another 5 records this morning as a matter of fact.

The fact is that many people on S.S. don't deal with Tim for one reason or another and so this gives them an opportunity to get the records via another route. Simples.

Tim's known me for 38 years so trusts me to cut to the quick and not dick around unlike other people. And your figures are about as impressive as anyone who works for the major financial institutions i.e. completely wrong. As if Tim Brown would give a 20% commission on records from his own collection. Laughable. You have a lot to learn.......

Ian D whistling

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

No bitterness here ...

Ian D whistling

At least you are admitting you have treated the members of SS with contempt and acted in a greedy manner.

The main thing is that no one else will be able to fall for your traps and deceit now.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

What a mad thread this is :laugh:

One thought has crossed my mind while reading it though...

Perhaps Tim didn't want to sell his records via his site because he didn't want them to go through the books as it were.

Just a stupid girls thoughts of course.

And just a stupid boys thought here, has Dewheist told the tax man about the pure profit he has made from all this?

I doubt it :wanker:

And just in case the tax man googles him here's Ian Dewhirst, salary, income for the google robots to find...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Thursday 20th August

James Trouble "So you didn't know Dewheist was posting it all over soul-source"

Tim Brown "No I didn't know that but he's got me 20 grand of sales from it"

Ian Dewheist in a boastful PM to me August 15th "I've sold £25K's worth of absolute gems"

When and if all the deals go through it'll probably be towards £30K-£35K. One is pending for around £9.5k at the moment. Your's was pending @ circa £5K before you lost your mind.

And as Tim points out, a sale is only a sale when the dosh lands.

And since you're so fond of printing personal messages here is are some of my messages to you on the Gwen Owens and Precisions following YOUR enquiry to me:-

13th August 3:52pm

Will check and get back to you tomorrow OK?

Any more whilst we're at it? He has a lot of big-hitters........

Ian D

13th August 4:24pm

He's got a LOT! I've sold about 15 records for him so far including a ????? for £8K so he's for real. If anything you'd have a really good chance of securing some stuff as I don't think he's a major fan of crazed psychotic Northern Soul so those kind of titles are the ones he'd prefer to let go if the truth's known.

No Mello Souls though I'm afraid

Worth doing a list with your best offers included as I'm speaking to him tomorrow morning so I can come back with ays, nays or maybes tomorrow afternoon.....

Ian D

14th August 1:21pm

Morning James,

He's come back with two of your wants:-

Precisions "My Sense Of Direction" Hen-Mar £2000

Gwen Owens "Just Say Your Wanted & Needed" Velgo £3200 (None Skipping Copy)

Please note that I have nothing to do with the prices - he basically tells me what he wants for his copy and I convey that so I'm merely the messenger in all this. This is par for the course as he seems reluctant to part with anything unless he gets the price he wants!

So let me know if this acceptable or not and we'll proceed.

Best,

Ian D

15th August 2:23pm

Yeah, I thought that. It's a pretty fair offer and it's my guess he'll come back @ around the £4,500 mark unless I'm sorely mistaken.

His prices are definitely top-end, but he says his Gwen Owens is one of the very few decent ones and he says the price on the Precisions has shot up in the last year or so, so let's see what happens. I'll speak to him now.....

You don't want a 4 Vandals original do ya........? :laugh:

Ian D

15th August 9:32pm

Well we're close James. Maybe not close enough but close nonetheless.

It's basically all down to the Precisions record I reckon. There a bit more demand on it probably because you want it - that's what always pissed me off as a DJ back in the day 'cos I always ended up having to pay a premium if I had to have something.

The least he'll take on the Precisions is £1800. He reckons he can sell it at that without breaking a sweat as he knows someone else who wants it and it simply hasn't turned up anywhere. He says if another turns up it'll only go on auction anyway and this one's in the hand and available now.

So he's looking @ £5K for the two. He'll send me the records down and you can play 'em. and a bank transfer will be fine.

Ask yourself what are the chances of getting both of these in one fell swoop anywhere else? Decisions, decisions. He's sold around £25K's worth of absolute gems in the last week and he's halfway to the £50K he needs so don't dick around too long!

Ian D

17th August 11:35pm

OK, James. Great offer and he's considering it. Should know tomorrow touch wood.

Best,

Ian D

20th August 9:54pm

Hi James,

Sorry mate. I've been away for 2 days - just got back. Will chase up tomorrow OK?

Ian D

20th August 10:46pm

The Gwen Owens is sorted. It's been the Precisions which I've been held up on. Are you saying that you don't want either of 'em then? I've sold 25K's worth already so I'm not messing around but I am only a middleman here......

Let me know as I don't want to get egg on my face if I can avoid it OK?

Ian D

20th August 11:36pm

Nah, he's pulling your pisser. He'd never pay 20% commission being the tight Northern bastard that his is LOL. I've sold a few records for him at very good prices and made a few quid, so no big deal. I've been wholesaling Tim's general stock for the last few years to some mainstream customers so I've always done business with him but not on any top end Northern for a while.

He just didn't want it to be general knowledge as they're from his own collection so he viewed 'em differently, if you see what I mean. Everyone's been treated the same here and most people are pretty happy with the records they're getting. Tim's difficult as well, so it's not always an easy task. Don't shoot yourself in the foot with the Gwen Owens - no jumpers are pretty thin on the ground and he rates it highly! I thought £3200 was a steal personally and you know the score on the Precisions. You could have had that for £1200 a year ago!

I've done a lot of people favours here James. Tim was going to sit on a lot of stuff much longer until I started asking him how precious he was about certain big-hitters and whether he thought he'd keep 'em forever! I'm surprised at some of the titles he's let go, but they've all gone to good homes so pretty positive all round IMO!

Ian D

21st August 11:10am

You contacted me you prat. Don't you remember?

"hi ian,

you got a precisions on hen-mar "my sense of direction"?

ATB

JT"

I then attempted to get it for you. I don't know why you have it in for me. I've done nothing but try and fulfil a request for you. Oh well.......

Ian D

I don't know why you're so consumed with hatred. You need therapy.

Ian D :smile:

Social source share

What a mad thread this is :laugh:

One thought has crossed my mind while reading it though...

Perhaps Tim didn't want to sell his records via his site because he didn't want them to go through the books as it were.

Just a stupid girls thoughts of course.

Nah Joan. He just puts a premium on his own collection as anyone would.

Ian D :smile:

Social source share

I'd just like to say that I did raise concerns about the methodologies of this Auction

and posted them quickly . I would conclude that Tim Brown has gone about the sale of his collection in the wrong way . ph34r.gifthumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Simon

He's not selling his collection Simon. He's simply moving items that he's not ultra-precious about to people who don't mind paying the price he wants. It gives people a chance at some items they may not otherwise have found. But if it's got a Deep Soul 'b' side it'll never go!

Ian D smile.gif

Social source share

He's not selling his collection Simon. He's simply moving items that he's not ultra-precious about to people who don't mind paying the price he wants. It gives people a chance at some items they may not otherwise have found. But if it's got a Deep Soul 'b' side it'll never go!

Ian D smile.gif

Ok then " Part of his collection" . I think Soul-source need to give some guidelines on Auctions for the future to avoid a situ like this again .

I did post early after you requested James join in . Some people just have too much money its true !

Social source share

Ok then " Part of his collection" . I think Soul-source need to give some guidelines on Auctions for the future to avoid a situ like this again .

I did post early after you requested James join in . Some people just have too much money its true !

Well, it's not an auction as I keep saying Simon. It's simply a sort-of bespoke wants list service which allows people to offer the price they're willing to pay against the records they want. Also bear in mind that I have nothing to do with the prices - either from the seller or buyers point of view.

Believe it or not I was actually trying to do James a favour LOL as I knew he wanted a few things and, for a few days, he was perfectly happy to get involved. If he's had such close conversations with Tim you'd have thought he would have bought the items long ago.

In fact, it's worked very well for the people who simply wanted certain records, were prepared to pay the price Tim wanted and now have them! Easy peasy. No auction involved just a straight transaction.

Ian D smile.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Doubt wether many are involved in the big sales now.Its just become a car crash thread unfortunatley.

Only 2 people on here know the truth,pity its turned into a pantomime - "He's beiiiind youuuuuu!".

Too late to turn back now.

Social source share

Well, it's not an auction as I keep saying Simon. It's simply a sort-of bespoke wants list service which allows people to offer the price they're willing to pay against the records they want. Also bear in mind that I have nothing to do with the prices - either from the seller or buyers point of view.

Believe it or not I was actually trying to do James a favour LOL as I knew he wanted a few things and, for a few days, he was perfectly happy to get involved. If he's had such close conversations with Tim you'd have thought he would have bought the items long ago.

In fact, it's worked very well for the people who simply wanted certain records, were prepared to pay the price Tim wanted and now have them! Easy peasy. No auction involved just a straight transaction.

Ian D smile.gif

Believe what you want to believe Ian.. It strange that collectors would want to be involved in something as vague as this .mellow.gif

Social source share

Nah Joan. He just puts a premium on his own collection as anyone would.

Ian D smile.gif

At the risk of sounding more stupid than usual.. couldn't he do that via his own site?

I am sure once the word got out that Tim Brown was wanting to sell off some of his own personal collection, it would cause even more of a stir than this thread has.

No disrespect to your thread Ian :D

It just seems very odd that Tim Brown would do business this way.

He's not usually this 'messy' when it comes to business is he?

Social source share

Doubt wether many are involved in the big sales now.Its just become a car crash thread unfortunatley.

Only 2 people on here know the truth,pity its turned into a pantomime - "He's beiiiind youuuuuu!".

Well people still want records they can't find elsewhere Kev. Of course, they can wait until something may pop up on an auction and then take their chances but this was a way in circumnavigating that option if people wanted a record right here and now.

Plus, someone else just popped into the equation and now he's selling some top items, so it's obviously it's route some people want to take. Only 5 days left now anyway, so James can go back to baiting Levine again........

Ian D smile.gif

Social source share

Very true Kev , LOL LOL

Social source share

At the risk of sounding more stupid than usual.. couldn't he do that via his own site?

I am sure once the word got out that Tim Brown was wanting to sell off some of his own personal collection, it would cause even more of a stir than this thread has.

No disrespect to your thread Ian biggrin.gif

It just seems very odd that Tim Brown would do business this way.

He's not usually this 'messy' when it comes to business is he?

He could Joan but he wants to keep his own collection seperate from his Anglo American business and he didn't want to publicise it in order to prevent getting calls 24/7 whilst he's trying to finish a book. It's not messy for him. I quote him the prices people are offering for certain records and he says yes, no or maybe. Also it's thrown up some surprises as he's sold records which would never have left his shelves previously and under other circumstances. He's very happy that he's sold some oddball pieces which don't particularly mean anything to anyone other than the buyers who are more than happy to get something they've been after for years.

Ian D smile.gif

Social source share

Well people still want records they can't find elsewhere Kev. Of course, they can wait until something may pop up on an auction and then take their chances but this was a way in circumnavigating that option if people wanted a record right here and now.

Plus, someone else just popped into the equation and now he's selling some top items, so it's obviously it's route some people want to take. Only 5 days left now anyway, so James can go back to baiting Levine again........

Ian D smile.gif

Of course,and many major sales go on without the Proles getting to knowbiggrin.gif .Personally,can't see a problem with this.Seller sells,buyer buys.No one twists anyone's arm.One thing that has become apparent is the passion for collecting and the scene...................

Social source share

Believe what you want to believe Ian.. It strange that collectors would want to be involved in something as vague as this .mellow.gif

What's vague about someone enquiring after a record and offering a price for it? It's been going on since the year dot mate - long before you were a twinkle in John Anderson's eyes LOL.

You asked for a few yourself didn't you? Fact is, they were so rare that even Tim didn't have 'em. If I'd have come back with one of them and it was under-priced (unlikely) then you'd have snapped my hand off wouldn't you?

Ian D smile.gif

Social source share

I've recently bumped into the mother of all collections from someone who's been quietly beavering away collecting for the last 30 odd years and before anyone asks, no he's not on here or any other forums LOL. This was a guy who would never, ever sell anything previously so once he got something it always stayed in his collection period. When I say he has virtually everything I'm really not kidding. It's the best collection I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few. However, he's now changed his outlook somewhat and has said he'll let certain titles go 'for the right price'. He wants to remain anonymous but has invited me to come to him with specific offers on titles, so I'm throwing it open to anyone on S.S. who may be after a gem that's eluded 'em forever. Now is the chance.

I sold a RARE RARE RARE record (maybe half a dozen 'known' copies) for him last week at a price he accepted so he's for real. Please feel free to PM me if anyone wants to give me any titles with the price you'd be willing to pay whilst remaining anonymous. It's all very discreet but this could be an opportunity to get something that's been eluding you for a while! I think we're looking at the higher end of the market, so no point in pitching for any of the more common titles. I wish I could afford some of 'em myself - he has literally every single one of my favourite all-time records including some desperately obscure stuff so it's worth a try if you've been going nuts for something that never comes up anymore. It may be a question of him needing to raise some dosh quickly so it may well be worth striking whilst the iron is hot.

Anyway please feel free to PM with me any wants and the price you're willing to pay and I'll come back to each PM individually with a yes or no, record grading, etc, etc. Good luck!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Wasn't Don Gardner - Cheatin Kind was it?

Social source share

What's vague about someone enquiring after a record and offering a price for it? It's been going on since the year dot mate - long before you were a twinkle in John Anderson's eyes LOL.

You asked for a few yourself didn't you? Fact is, they were so rare that even Tim didn't have 'em. If I'd have come back with one of them and it was under-priced (unlikely) then you'd have snapped my hand off wouldn't you?

Ian D smile.gif

Well I didnt know that , I had no communication from you on it! . Its all vague the whole situ is , as youve made it so . I may have mentioned some records but I put no offer in as you had suggested !

Thats why I have asked for some guidelines to be put in place from soul-source .

Simon

ps. If I'd known it was Tim Browns records I would not have botherd . I think I said that too

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Of course,and many major sales go on without the Proles getting to knowbiggrin.gif .Personally,can't see a problem with this.Seller sells,buyer buys.No one twists anyone's arm.One thing that has become apparent is the passion for collecting and the scene...................

Very true Kev. It's not the first time I've done something similar anyway. In fact last time I ended up selling Tim some stuff he was after! I have mates all over who collect all kinds of stuff and whenever they hit some Northern they call me and ask if I can help 'em. Normally there's nowt special but every so often some goodies turn up and if I can put 'em in touch with someone who wants the records then job done.

Ian D smile.gif

Social source share

Well I didnt know that , I had no communication from you on it! . Its all vague the whole situ is , as youve made it so . I may have mentioned some records but I put no offer in as you had suggested !

Thats why I have asked for some guidelines to be put in place from soul-source .

Simon

ps. If I'd known it was Tim Browns records I would not of botherd . I think I said that too

Oh yeah? Read your PM's!

4th August 8:39pm

"No he doesn't have the ?????? but apparently ?????? sold his last week for £10K!

The Martha Jean Love is an acetate so no go there either.

And he really needs the correct titles of things as he doesn't necessarily know the cover up titles!

Ian D"

And what's the deal with TB anyway. Are his pieces of vinyl any different from anyone else's pieces of vinyl?

Ian D smile.gif

Social source share

Oh yeah? Read your PM's!

4th August 8:39pm

"No he doesn't have the ?????? but apparently ?????? sold his last week for £10K!

The Martha Jean Love is an acetate so no go there either.

And he really needs the correct titles of things as he doesn't necessarily know the cover up titles!

Ian D"

And what's the deal with TB anyway. Are his pieces of vinyl any different from anyone else's pieces of vinyl?

Ian D :D

I knew he would not have the records thats the point Mr Dooberry LOL LOL innocent.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Slightly off topic as I have no intention of upsetting or slagging anyone :D (for a change)

but that was a good price for Gwen Owens, James T, Im have no idea on what your thoughts were on a price but I'd have thought over 4k for a non skip Demo, and Im assuming Tims copy would be in descent condition

sweatingbullets.gif Im now waiting to be slated and called anothing more than a donkey hearder :no:

Social source share

Slightly off topic as I have no intention of upsetting or slagging anyone innocent.gif (for a change)

but that was a good price for Gwen Owens, James T, Im have no idea on what your thoughts were on a price but I'd have thought over 4k for a non skip Demo, and Im assuming Tims copy would be in descent condition

sweatingbullets.gif Im now waiting to be slated and called anothing more than a donkey hearder thumbup.gif

For what it's worth, I thought it was a good price too as I said to Mildly Annoying in my PM......

For a start it's the only none-jumper I've personally ever seen........

Ian D :)

Social source share

Aaah, now I understand. So it was like a 'tester'. And don't ever use two LOL's at the end of your replies as it makes you look double gay! tongue.gif

No it was just a request . LOL LOL LOL . innocent.gif Your knowledge of current spins on the scene let you down of course :)

Social source share

For what it's worth, I thought it was a good price too as I said to Mildly Annoying in my PM......

For a start it's the only none-jumper I've personally ever seen........

Ian D smile.gif

Some clarrification may be needed but Im sure Johnny Phillips of Doncaster (now Australia) had a non jumper :)

Yours the Donkey Hearder :)

Social source share

Your knowledge of current spins on the scene let you down of course rolleyes.gif

Of course it does hence the reason I asked people to submit their wants lists with prices on. Tim's the expert on prices here not me. In some cases there's been a 500% gap in what Tim thinks a tune's worth and the offer that's been sent. In other cases (Gwen Owens being a perfect example), Tim's valuation has been less than what other people believe a tune's worth.

In the Gwen Owens case, the demand was that it HAD to be a none-jumper (answer yes) and it HAD to be mint (answer no sorry it's a mint-). Mint Gwen Owens no jumpers aren't exactly flooding the market and never have to my knowledge. If Mildy Annoying hadn't managed to lose his marbles he'd be playing the record now.........

Social source share

Of course it does hence the reason I asked people to submit their wants lists with prices on. Tim's the expert on prices here not me. In some cases there's been a 500% gap in what Tim thinks a tune's worth and the offer that's been sent. In other cases (Gwen Owens being a perfect example), Tim's valuation has been less than what other people believe a tune's worth.

In the Gwen Owens case, the demand was that it HAD to be a none-jumper (answer yes) and it HAD to be mint (answer no sorry it's a mint-). Mint Gwen Owens no jumpers aren't exactly flooding the market and never have to my knowledge. If Mildy Annoying hadn't managed to lose his marbles he'd be playing the record now.........

Ian D smile.gif

Ian some friendly advise , you need to get out more and maybe start that job , you beat Gary Lee to ? LOL LOL LOL LOL :)

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

This thread is in the wrong section. It should be closed down. A new thread started in the SALES section. Any off topic posts or bumps deleted. And strict guidelines put in place to govern these kind of flakey auctions.

Middlemen should be cut out. You should only be able to sell records you actually have and not sell records off other people's lists.

Tim Brown did NOT know this was being put on here. That is FACT. This sales list is deceitful, contemptful, underhand, disrespectful and greedy. After all of Dewheist's posts in freebasing about the economy and banks, it is also hypocritical.

It's like someone putting a sales list up with every record off a list that another member is posting up, but with a mark up, and if he get's filled on his list he simply buys it off the other list and pockets the profit for doing NOTHING.

This shouldn't be allowed IMO. It's morally wrong and there are laws against this kind of thing happening in the real world, it shouldn't be allowed to happen in the rare record world.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

This thread is in the wrong section. It should be closed down. A new thread started in the SALES section. Any off topic posts or bumps deleted. And strict guidelines put in place to govern these kind of flakey auctions.

Middlemen should be cut out. You should only be able to sell records you actually have and not sell records off other people's lists.

Tim Brown did NOT know this was being put on here. That is FACT. This sales list is deceitful, contemptful, underhand, disrespectful and greedy. After all of Dewheist's posts in freebasing about the economy and banks, it is also hypocritical.

It's like someone putting a sales list up with every record off a list that another member is posting up, but with a mark up, and if he get's filled on his list he simply buys it off the other list and pockets the profit for doing NOTHING.

This shouldn't be allowed IMO. It's morally wrong.

For the final time, OF COURSE Tim knew it would be on here. That was the whole point. The first sales were private and then I said to Tim why not throw it open as it may bring some fresh people to the table. And it has.

If you were to cut out middlemen then you'd close the scene down - most dealers sell records on behalf of people - I don't know any that don't. None of the records I've sold have been on a list either. They're private copies from a personal collection.

And for your info, you should have snapped Tim's hand-off on the deal you were offered as the Gwen Owens won't be going for that price now you can rest assured.

And I wouldn't call it doing nothing either. It's hard work dealing with some people even when they've been offered a bargain!

Social source share