Which NS songs should live again?

Dayo

This thread might stir you up a bit!

Personally I've never understood why our classic tunes are regarded so sacred by Northern Soul devotees.

I can understand why we all hated Wigans Ovation. And Soft Cell really murdered Tainted Love. But here's my question...

Which Northern Soul classics do you think could or should live again with a 21st century arrangement?

Could you imagine Joss Stone doing a nice cover of "You've been gone too long"? I know I can. What about a diva like Barbara Tucker tearing into a funky house version of "The end of our love?" Or how about Luther Vandross on "Not a chance in a million"?

So, which NS songs could stand the test of time and be a hit in 2004?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dayo, yep mate this will cause a stir, (haha), for me i'd rather the songs i love be well left alone by todays movers and shakers, good lord the thought is making me send the wife to the fridge for another beer.......

i'll follow this thread with glee...

Brett

Social source share

After a little light refreshment, i must say that i recently saw the Funk Brothers in London and saw Carla Benson perform " My Baby Loves Me" the Martha Reeves/Vandellas track and i was virtually reduced to tears, truly spellbinding, so perhaps i was a little too rash in my judgement.

Brett

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!