Radcliffe Rammed

• Replies 60
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well done Chris and Co packed to the rafters, stunning first Allnigher, good people, good music, fantastic venue, gonna be a big thing mate.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Bollocks..............desperately, desperately wanted to be there, to support two lovely people, but selfishly cos i knew it would be brilliant.........work, family & all the usual sh*t got in the way, but Jenny & my thoughts were with you all night & I'm absolutely over the moon that everything went as well as it did..........

Best Russ

What a fantastic night :thumbup:

Great venue, top people and some awesome sounds

Spent most of my night in the R&B room and record area/smoking only dropping into the other rooms occasionally

Every DJ played top class tunes in the R&B room with the room absolutely banging

Fantastic start to a new venue and if it maintains this standard ite gonna be awesome !!!!!!!:good:

If it was a larger it would probably be a Carlsberg

Already looking forward to the next one

Steve

Guest stash313

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I need sleep after a night like that, completely knocked all expectations over with a big stick type thing.

The place was buzzing when we turned up at 9.30 and the pace didn't drop until 7.10 am.

I'm off to gather thoughts and post more later but well done to all concerned.

Guest Ferrett

What a packer!!! So pleased for Chris and Marcellethumbsup.gif

Spent most of the nite in the Steve Cato room. Was well impressed that Mr Cato was still looking presentable at 7am despite being on his stag do since 2pm Saturday afternoon :ohmy:

Great mix of mid tempo, crossover and funky tunes. Just wish some of these great tunes could breakthrough into the main rooms at some venues. People are missing out on some awesome soul music.

Took an allnighter virgin with us and he was raving about it all the way home. Another convert!!!! (He-he-he) :D

Ferrett

Fantastic start in a quality venue.

Well done to all those involved for putting together a top nighter.

Roll on the regular dates in 2010 thumbsup.gif

Back up to Manchester for Droylsden next week, hope you have a similar success on your first night Mr Bicknell. good.gif

Guest kid mohair

still zooming high!!! really was an excellent night loved every minutethumbsup.gif just great mixing with the best in the rnb room.....we will return:yes:

Shattered, aching and just a tad hungover unsure.gif

But was it all worth it.....too bloody right!!

Started off with a cracking day session for Mr Cato's stag do. Quality music, great chat, great company and a few bevvies at the Ducie Bridge.

Cant remember what time we got to Radcliffe as by this point the machine was well oiled with amber nectar, slightly affecting memory cells in the old grey matter, but my word what a place!

Perfect venue, and as soon as you walk through the door you pick up on the electric atmosphere.

Dealers corner was a hive of activity all night, and great to see them as soon as you walk in, not hidden away. Added to the general buzz of the place.

Main room dancefloor was brilliant, as was the music. All the jock played great tunes.

I thought the Modern room was an extreme success. Rammed all night, never an empty dance floor, which continued when Soul or nothing took over. Karl Heard as usual, top drawer!!

All in all, a top night.

Trip home to Leeds was a mission, but only due to the marathon session undertaken and nothing to do with transport links.

I'll enjoy my chinese tonight knowing that i had a fantastic day / night / morning over in Manc. Superb Nighter, roll on the next one!

Azza

sleep3.gif

My head hurts

My everything hurts.

Congratulation to Chris & Marcelle et al for bringing this perfect combination together. Every room was still rammed at 7am this morning.

Nice too see lots of folks I'd not seen in a bit but now don't wake me up til friday for Prestwich and Droylesden niters.:good:

Thanks

Jayne.x.ZZzzzzzzzzzz.

Guest outonthefloor

All you southerners who rarely get further north than Herts this is what you're missin.

I have yet to attend any do in the south that comes close to the atmosphere and quality of Allniters such as this. 8 hours there (Via Beds n Brum) 9 hours of non stop dancin n chattin with the great and the good (and the not so good.....lolol) and a 5 hour drive back to sunny Southend but it was more than worth it.

All the usually travellers were there, Karen, Rachel, Toby, Melve, even Bearsy n Marie put in an apperance, Lou n Chris, Lorraine n Rob n the Camper van Crewe from Essex and Mr T to name but a few. Del Sorry I didnt chat more xxx Eddy Donna Naree n David Jones great to see ya all too xx

It was good to meet Beeks, a man who can be coherent and charming at 6.00am is a rare thing!! :wink:

Great friendly crowd, as soon as we walked in we felt right at home. Didnt go in the Modern Room but the RnB room was excellent (Even tho i was nearly killed by a flying makshift light shade!) especially Andy (Kid Mohair) who was smooth as silk and sharpe as a Savile Row suit all at the same time. Chalky deserves a mention in the main room too as he did the business and kept the floor full through the 4am - 5am slot n even though I was totally worn out I just had to keep dancing as the tunes just kept coming.

Only one small winge, it was too light for me but i do understand the constraints of this type of venue. Darker would have just added the final touch to the atmosphere but hey now Im just picking very small holes on what was a fantastic nite.

Thanks to Chris and Marcelle n all the other guys who contributed to this great nite.

When I get down with the scene and all the crap I just think of nites like these n I remember why I fell in love with it in the first place.

We will return and cant wait for the next one

Thanks again

Helen

xxxxxx

If this doesnt make sense Im sorry. I havent been to bed yet!!! Dont you just love that totally Bo****ed Sunday feeling.....xx

My everything hurts.

Congratulation to Chris & Marcelle et al for bringing this perfect combination together. Every room was still rammed at 7am this morning.

Nice too see lots of folks I'd not seen in a bit but now don't wake me up til friday for Prestwich and Droylesden niters.:good:

Thanks

Jayne.x.ZZzzzzzzzzzz.

Glad you had a good en Jayne/Sean,

Gutted we couldn't make it, but we had a big family do in Bradford today, so the timing was wrong for us.

I think what hurts the most is that Radcliffe is only 30min drive for us and we could not play out.

The only plus side is that we had a good Sunday meal, and that would have not happened if we had gone.:no:

Dave & Lou. x

My everything hurts.

Thanks

Jayne.x.ZZzzzzzzzzzz.

just like to add my congrats to chris & marcelle along with andy dyson!! tremendous opening night!!

what a brilliant venue!! 3 rooms of superb music, packed with lots of regular nighter faces, wherever

you went in the venue i felt a huge buzz of satisfaction!! thanks guy's for a top top night out!!

max..

Chalky deserves a mention in the main room too as he did the business and kept the floor full through the 4am - 5am slot n even though I was totally worn out I just had to keep dancing as the tunes just kept coming.

Thanks again

Helen

xxxxxx

If this doesnt make sense Im sorry. I havent been to bed yet!!! Dont you just love that totally Bo****ed Sunday feeling.....xx

Thanks Helen, appreciated. Had quite a few nice comments etc after I'd finished, makes it worthwhile. Seemed to take an age for 4am to come round and get started but I really enjoyed it, not very often I get the chance to play the sort of set I did. Will attempt a playlist once I've recovered. Thanks to Chris, Marcelle, Kev and Andy for giving me the opportunity to play records for 90 minutes :yes:

Radcliffe well and truly on the map with well over 400 soulies all having a good time!!!!

Edited by chalky

was a belter of a day / night, steves do was really good, time just flew by and some good tunes were played, enjoyed the nighter too. some good tracks played in the main room, did enjoy the deep soul room later on though. think one of the decks messed up for a while though?

overall class night, still not been bed, good job off work tomorrow :wink:

all the best as well steve

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All

Many thanks for all who travelled far and wide for our 1st NCS Radcliffe niter, we had hoped that we would get a few in and I say hoped, as you never know nowadays, with such a lot on up and down the country. Well we and the civic management were blown away with the turn out, you just kept coming and by 9.30 the venue was filling up, the three rooms were all buzzing with banging music and smiling faces (what it is all about).

A couple of little problems to sort out for the next one, but rest assured Andy, Kev and Myself will make sure they are sorted,

A few thank you's to throw out,

Hoss for running and filling the R&B room, Sean for doing the same in the modern room, Steve Cato for bringing his mob along and doing what Soul Or Nothing does best, playing something a little different to the norm, Stocko and Jimmy Buff for working front of house for us, Mary Lou, Kate and a massive thanks to Linda who kept calm when they just kept coming through the door, Steve C for bringing the PA for the 3rd room up all the way from Southampton. Jayne Malone for banging the drum for the event for many months, the fella who knocks our flyers together, all the DJ's, the people who came along, my co-promoters Andy Dyson,

Kev Murphy and of course my Marcelle.

You all helped make the opening of New Century Soul Manchester, Radcliffe niters a good one.

Chris W

Edited by Chris Waterman

Thanks to all my friends who came along to the Ducie Bridge for my little stag event.. I was there from 12 noon to after 9pm... So nice to see some really good mates there, i was touched that you made the effort.. Quality tunes from 14 djs... Sorry i did not get the chance to really catch up with some i aint seen in a while, running round playing host and all that...

Then onto the Metro with a gang..

Arrived at Radcliffe around 10.30 i guess....

Onto the 3rd room to drop off records and coats.. Never left that room for more than 30mins all night..

Really like the venue and layout with a good foyer full of record dealers and nice bar area..

Good buzz in the 3rd room and nice crowd, we took over from 3am with George, Adam, Karl, Johnny,Wayne and myself providing the music..So good to hear the range of tunes and provide our little brand of the black plastic gold...

Glad to get some nice comments, all passed onto the djs..

I always try and add our own little twist to a soul or nothing event and will give some lesser known dj collectors a chance to play.... I hope to provide a cd for the January event,and any future event too,a real mix of black soul music from the 60s and 70s and the odd later track dropped in..

The sound system provided had a great sound on entry but developed a few problems towards the end of the modern lads set and into our own, so loss of power on one deck and a little feedback .. It was sorted later on, we now whats needed for the next event, thanks Steve C for all the help throughout the night..

Special mention to my Irish friends for coming all the way over and flyer back the next morning, a great effort on your part, it warmed the cockles of my heart...

Always like to hear feedback, good or not so good,then we have a chance to address things for future events... Any our welcome to drop me a line..

If there are any djs/ collectors out there who want to provide something a little different then drop me a cd, hope to have on many more lesser known folks to keep it fresh..

Had quite a few folk asking for spots of late, please don't ask, you should wait to be asked in my book, yes give me a nudge and let me know what you have but begging don't look cool...

No playlists from last night, i don't ask any djs to provide one, some do out of choice, no set rules in my world... I like people to come into a venue and see whats played and ask away if they hear something new,will provide some cds at future events to give you all a taste of what we do.... The all niter/ soul scene needs people through the doors to survive, the internet soul forum is a nice place to chat about our passion but the real place for me is in some dark club at 4am with the creatures of the night :thumbsup:

Thanks to Chris/ Andy/ Steve and the team for asking us along,hope to see this venue grow... " Build your house on a strong foundation"

Will see you all out and about soon..

Passion.. Honesty and soulful ghetto grooves..

Steve xx

Edited by little-stevie

well wot do say,chris,n,co. that was awsome,best niter for ages. took me daughter up wiv me and think we danced all nite in the big room,

plus the other rooms aswell.great people,great place..thanx..............kenny h, n ella..xgood.gif ps i think ive pulled me spine out,spinnin,in agony,but worth it.post-11211-12492734209829_thumb.jpg

post-11211-12492734209829_thumb.jpg

biggrin.gif LOL.. brilliant Helen!!..

gutted now, didn't realise there were so many people there that I wanted to say hello too.

Jayne.x.

Glad you had a good en Jayne/Sean,

Gutted we couldn't make it, but we had a big family do in Bradford today, so the timing was wrong for us.

I think what hurts the most is that Radcliffe is only 30min drive for us and we could not play out.

The only plus side is that we had a good Sunday meal, and that would have not happened if we had gone.:no:

Dave & Lou. x

Hi Dave,

Shame you couldn't make it - will remind you several times before the next one. Modern room (for the short time I made it in there)

was excellent, lots of good feedback coming back about all the DJ's: Geoff Allman, Steve Woomble, Neil Rushton & Sean Livesey.

Suprise of the night had to be Pete Whitney and Dave Carne attending and not looking a day older than they did last time I saw them

(which must be quite a few years ago)

Jayne.x.

Pulled into a full car park and walked up to a rammed entrance full of all of the usual suspects, great start. The atmosphere was perfect, my first test for a nighter is to see who was there and all of the faces where in attandance, the scary starey people, it was great to see a load of new faces as well and I think this were a healthy split.

Ten pound to get in, you can not grumble at this price, superb value. Ten pounds got you a fantastic venue spot on for a nighter with three rooms to choose from, a large bar with seating and a sweeping corridor that became a speakeasy and the location for the record dealers.

The main room has an excellent wooden dance floor, stage and seating, pretty much every thing that you need to have a nighter in fact it was perfection. No beer being chucked on the floor and no talcum powder frenzies.

The dancers stayed out on the floor all night and appreciating the music that was on offer. It was here that I found my self at odds because on one hand I can see the crowd dancing their socks off but on the other hand I was a little under whelmed with the music policy. That said I had a cracking time and threw my little fat shapes like the rest of the revelers.

The brilliant part of this nighter is choice; the RnB room is expertly being steered by Britain's finest cool cats whose love for this genre is quite apparent and quite infectious. The RnB room is warm and inviting and very far away from the little cliquey dens you some times see and this makes for a great experience as the uninitiated are welcome just to meander through without fear of judgment and I for one think that this venues RnB room will go from strength to strength due to the relaxed atmosphere, well done to the RnB catz!

Ive left the best for last coz the Modern Room was chocolate! Yup it was, fookin mega and worth actually walking to this venue just for this little room of boom! It was Funktastic mega boombastic if you could bottle it we would call it "Party". The dancers where right up for it and the Disc Spinners gave it large churning out track after track that made yer spine ripple. Happy that's what it made me and thank sincerely to the guys who wrestled with one of the decks, the night was not spoiled in any way.

Radcliffe offered a package that worked, I would love to see the main room experiment a little but maybe it doesn't need to? Radcliffe was the complete deal offering a great social event I for one will be back.

PS sorry for mucking about with the wedding display. :-)

Yours Imberboy.

Shattered, aching and just a tad hungover unsure.gif

But was it all worth it.....too bloody right!!

Started off with a cracking day session for Mr Cato's stag do. Quality music, great chat, great company and a few bevvies at the Ducie Bridge.

Cant remember what time we got to Radcliffe as by this point the machine was well oiled with amber nectar, slightly affecting memory cells in the old grey matter, but my word what a place!

Perfect venue, and as soon as you walk through the door you pick up on the electric atmosphere.

Dealers corner was a hive of activity all night, and great to see them as soon as you walk in, not hidden away. Added to the general buzz of the place.

Main room dancefloor was brilliant, as was the music. All the jock played great tunes.

I thought the Modern room was an extreme success. Rammed all night, never an empty dance floor, which continued when Soul or nothing took over. Karl Heard as usual, top drawer!!

All in all, a top night.

Trip home to Leeds was a mission, but only due to the marathon session undertaken and nothing to do with transport links.

I'll enjoy my chinese tonight knowing that i had a fantastic day / night / morning over in Manc. Superb Nighter, roll on the next one!

Azza

sleep3.gif

Manchester ??????? sodding Manchester no where near,i drove to Manchester so didnt get to Radcliffe while 3am :lol: will be back only earlier next time next time call it the nearly near Bury nighter though. :thumbsup:

Pulled into a full car park and walked up to a rammed entrance full of all of the usual suspects, great start. The atmosphere was perfect, my first test for a nighter is to see who was there and all of the faces where in attandance, the scary starey people, it was great to see a load of new faces as well and I think this were a healthy split.

Ten pound to get in, you can not grumble at this price, superb value. Ten pounds got you a fantastic venue spot on for a nighter with three rooms to choose from, a large bar with seating and a sweeping corridor that became a speakeasy and the location for the record dealers.

The main room has an excellent wooden dance floor, stage and seating, pretty much every thing that you need to have a nighter in fact it was perfection. No beer being chucked on the floor and no talcum powder frenzies.

The dancers stayed out on the floor all night and appreciating the music that was on offer. It was here that I found my self at odds because on one hand I can see the crowd dancing their socks off but on the other hand I was a little under whelmed with the music policy. That said I had a cracking time and threw my little fat shapes like the rest of the revelers.

The brilliant part of this nighter is choice; the RnB room is expertly being steered by Britain's finest cool cats whose love for this genre is quite apparent and quite infectious. The RnB room is warm and inviting and very far away from the little cliquey dens you some times see and this makes for a great experience as the uninitiated are welcome just to meander through without fear of judgment and I for one think that this venues RnB room will go from strength to strength due to the relaxed atmosphere, well done to the RnB catz!

Ive left the best for last coz the Modern Room was chocolate! Yup it was, fookin mega and worth actually walking to this venue just for this little room of boom! It was Funktastic mega boombastic if you could bottle it we would call it "Party". The dancers where right up for it and the Disc Spinners gave it large churning out track after track that made yer spine ripple. Happy that's what it made me and thank sincerely to the guys who wrestled with one of the decks, the night was not spoiled in any way.

Radcliffe offered a package that worked, I would love to see the main room experiment a little but maybe it doesn't need to? Radcliffe was the complete deal offering a great social event I for one will be back.

Yours Imberboy.

Good to see reviews sir and glad you had a good time... The only talc frenzy was you stealing mine every 5 mins.. :thumbsup:

Yours Imberboy.

Nice post Simon,

I've sussed where I knew your face from - it's your avitar on here! I recognised you straight away but couldn't think why. lol

Thanks for making me smile when I was tired and stressed... :D

Jayne.x.

(Your stalker from behind the bar.)

Manchester ??????? sodding Manchester no where near,i drove to Manchester so didnt get to Radcliffe while 3am :laugh: will be back only earlier next time next time call it the nearly near Bury nighter though. shades

where the bl**dy hell did you go cos Radcliffe Civic's only 20 mins from the town centre??? :D

We're M26 and sadly deffo in Manchester.

I like your idea though, I hate being called a manc, being from Bury. I suppose we could be the "Bury South" civic suite. lol thumbsup.gif

Jayne.x

Guest SteveC

Have to wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments of Helen and Simon.

Until more Southerners visit niters like this their whole notion of rare/northern soul events will not be a true vision of what occurs in the real world. I don't do it very often myself but enough to realise their is a gaping chasm still between north and south!! Moan over!!

What a fabulous event this was!!! Great people and electric atmosphere. As Simon stated (great to meet you at last matey) the sounds in the main room with the exception of a few DJ's was oldies orientated which in itself I enjoy if the atmosphere is right - which it was!!! Dancefloor was full all night which obviously proved a point.

Have to make my apologies to Steve Cato, his DJ's and the Modern lads who were using the former Southern Soul Movement system. There were a few problems through the night which boiled down to a switch not being in the right position at the back of the amp (my fault :wanker: ) and more fundamentally feedback through the decks/tables which was eliminated close to the end of the night by padding under the decks. For future events I foresee no problems with that system (touch wood) but I'm sure the new owner of the system will ensure all is fine in the future. Thanks to Sammy for helping out and Karl H for having the patience of a saint (must admit this sort of thing is becoming a regular occurrence whenever he DJ's - Southampton, Soul Rev, Radcliffe).

Thanks to Chris and Marcelle for their hard work - it paid off guys. Rach and I were still talking about it on Monday morning which is a true sign of a great niter!!! We'll be back!!!

Nice post Simon,

I've sussed where I knew your face from - it's your avitar on here! I recognised you straight away but couldn't think why. lol

Thanks for making me smile when I was tired and stressed... biggrin.gif

Jayne.x.

(Your stalker from behind the bar.)

TOP TOP NITE ALL ROOMS BOUNCING , GREAT BAR SERVICE TOO LOL CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE ,WHATS THE DATE CHRIS ?

PS THAT BUS WAS AS MAD AS ABAG FULL OF MARCH HARES

STEVE T :thumbsup:

PS GOOD TO MEET STEVE WOMBLE AND AFEW OTHER SOULSOURCES FOR FIRST ,TIME WILL STICK UP PLAY LIST LATER WHEN I,VE SORTED BOXES OUT

Edited by steve thomas

Guest SteveC

TOP TOP NITE ALL ROOMS BOUNCING , GREAT BAR SERVICE TOO LOL CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE ,WHATS THE DATE CHRIS ?

PS THAT BUS WAS AS MAD AS ABAG FULL OF MARCH HAIRS

STEVE T thumbsup.gif

PS GOOD TO MEET STEVE WOOBLE AND AFEW OTHER SOULSOURCES FOR FIRST ,TIME WILL STICK UP PLAY LIST LATER WHEN I,VE SORTED BOXES OUT

....and thank you to you Stevie :wink:

where the bl**dy hell did you go cos Radcliffe Civic's only 20 mins from the town centre??? biggrin.gif

We're M26 and sadly deffo in Manchester.

I like your idea though, I hate being called a manc, being from Bury. I suppose we could be the "Bury South" civic suite. lol thumbsup.gif

Jayne.x

:thumbsup:

Edited by ken
Guest HindleyPhil

WE where at the Monaco as usual for the monthly event but quite a few of the people i know left about 12.30 for the relitively short drive to Radcliffe sorry we missed it now it sounds as though it was a cracking night

will try for the next one

The venue is a corker that's one thing for certain!

Was nice to catch up with lots of folk I haven't seem in yonks! And see how the groom to be was getting along...he was still coherent when we left which definitely can't be said about some of the other stags... :thumbsup:

Paul B , Matty and the boys, the Sheffield lot(I have never seen Mark E dance as much as he did on Saturday night!), oh and loads of other people. Was very adequately served by lovely Jayne behind the bar too.

And everybody was ever so lovely to the Bergmeister on his crutches!

We didn't stay that long as I was driving and Richard's leg was hurting him but I'm glad we came as we had a cracker :thumbsup:

PS THAT BUS WAS AS MAD AS ABAG FULL OF MARCH HARES

STEVE T thumbsup.gif

PS GOOD TO MEET STEVE WOMBLE AND AFEW OTHER SOULSOURCES FOR FIRST ,TIME WILL STICK UP PLAY LIST LATER WHEN I,VE SORTED BOXES OUT

MOTM for me was a toss up between Bob Hinsley & that good lookin' Welsh bloke who finished the night off. thumbsup.gif

who played The Ivories quite late on btw?

Jayne.x

Agree with most things said already.

Absolutely knackered today but it was worth the "planes, trains and automobiles" journey.

Started off with a great evening at the Ducie bar with Steve Cato and crew with some amazing tunes being spun by all.

The Radcliffe is a perfect venue but when i arrived in the main hall, it sounded like the music was being played in a different room.

I appreciate that there was teething problems with the sound and i noticed that it improved as the night went on but i think it still lacked that oomph

that makes you feel the music. Because of this, i felt the main room lacked a little atmosphere (not a criticism, just an observation!!).

Spent a lot of time in the Soul Or Nothing room being educated with some delicious tunes that were new to my ears and some more added to the

ever growing 'wants' list. I wish some of this stuff would cross over to the main room.

It's always worth the effort to travel over to the U.K. and i'm glad i went to this event.

Thanks to Steve and Lydia for looking after us, see ye soon. :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT VENUE JUST MADE FOR A NIGHTER. GREAT FLOOR. GREAT ATMOSPHERE. GREAT PEOPLE.

THE RNB ROOM WAS BRILLIANT SO CONGRATS TO ALL INVOLVED.

ONLY POPPED INTO THE MAIN ROOM A FEW TIMES AND AGREE WITH THE COMMENT ON THE SOUND SYSTEM. HOPE IT GETS SORTED FOR THE NEXT

ONE. MAYBE A FEW MORE SOUNDS ON THE RARE SIDE TOO WOULD ENTICE ME TO STAY A BIT LONGER IN THE MAIN ROOM NEXT TIME.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE.

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Guest Lydia H

I had a fantastic time at this niter...thank you so much to Chris and Marcelle for this one and I am glad it went well for you!:thumbup:

I stayed mostly in the modern room which is just what I like from a room, small, intimate, good lighting and great dance floor...it suited me just fine!

Loved the music, of course especially the soul or nothing stuff and I know I am biased but this is the sort of stuff I really love to listen to and just makes me get up and dance...

Lovely to see so many faces too, we're not out for a few weeks now (I wonder why) so I really enjoyed the social aspect that a good do like this has, bringing people together from all over the UK and beyond!

Looking forward to the next one

xxx

A BIG BIG thankyou must go to Chris & Marcelle plus the other organisers,i loved it every moment of it,and YES I SHALL RETURN,

Like Helen has already said you southerners who dont or cant be arsed to travel to venues/events like this must mad (imo).

This event had everything top class sounds in ALL the rooms,nice bar with seating and cheap prices,smoking areas,and most of all some of the soul worlds finest people in attendance,all this made for a great nighter.

My Saturday started off at 07.50 driving all over the place got to the "Warots" place at around 11.00 then a mad mad dash up north,arriving in Bury realy stressed out and the old bill up my arse,i did'nt understand the speed camera thingies officer honest im new up this way:innocent: ,into Bury at Dave Rivers and Steff's place,thanks for the meal Steff(very nice indeed),off onto a tram thing into Manchester to meet up with Steve Cato and his cool cats at a place in town......Cheers Steve i said id make it and i did now how could i let a great friend down,the look on your face was priceless mate when i walked in.

Note never never go drinking with that Beeks fella,boy can he put em away,had a right good time we did,cheers fella,

An appology must go to Annie(of Mickey cruise fame)you know how it is mate i know you worked hard to get everything ship shape etc,next time i promise i will get to Wigan not via an cop shop.

All my northern mates were in at Radcliffe all nighter which was a bonus and Dean (Wrexham)bought all his nutty boys out to play with him...great stuff,and to see Bearsy /Marie turn up at around 3.30am talk about an entrance you old pikey peeps...well done mate.

All in all a great nighter,packed out and brilliant........well done Chris and Co and thanks again.

Toby.

OOOPPPPs ,

An massive sorry to the other young lady from Halifax,we drove off without you,but i did know youd get a lift off the others again sorry babe ill buy you a drink next time...it was'nt done on purpose...sorry

Toby.

Guest Bearsy

What a brilliant nighter Radcliffe is :thumbup:

a massive well done to Chris & Marcelle (Marie`s soul mummy) and all the other people behind the scenes, our 1 hour trip around Manchester city center was worth it in the end and a lesson to me that i should learn how to use a sat nav properly :rolleyes:

we arrived at just after 3am after doing the honours at the Sunflower lounge and as we was arriving peeps was leaving but hey we had 3 and a half great hours with 3 rooms giving everyone a bit of something,

was great to see so many people smiling and dancing right up to the very end at 7am and to see so many great friends all in 1 place so far oop north :D

before we knew it the night was over than a quick jaunt to Mr Rivers residence for a coffee and a few biccies and some quality tuneage for about an hour then the trek back to deepest Hampshire so thanks to Dave for your hospitality and to Toby for your help shades

once again well done to all involved at Radcliffe Allnighter and see you all again soon cos we will be back :good:

Bearsy & Marie

How can I add to the above great & truly reflective comments on what a SUPERB night it was ???

I guess I've got the feeling a d.j gets when all the tunes that he/she was intending to play that night have just been played by the previous jockey's.:sad:

Aaw well - just so you feel like you're at one of those soul do's that we all hate .... you're gonna here it all over again !! :laugh:

Fantastic layout at Radcliffe with all 3 rooms being on the same level - made you feel you were actually part of the nighter rather than some poor relation.:laugh:

The location of the bar, outside the rooms, worked really well and as Tony Mac pointed out to me, despite 400+ people in there you were never queing for more than 5 mins which is a pretty amazing task so well done to all the bar staff for keeping us punters happy.

Imberboy has hit the nail on the head iro the modern room. Despite the brief problem with the sound early on for the modern lads. (Im sure Geoff Allman walked out of there with little red horns on after his spot :wink: ) & left our lovely Mr Womble pick up the pieces ... and pick up the pieces he did. Wow from then on I never looked back. Quality uplifting soulful happy tunes with a dash of funk, jazz & disco. The atmosphere took me back to my raving days but this time it was music & the people that lifted me ... and NOTHING else !!

When I did venture out of the modern room (for a cool down, to mop my sweaty face!! & to see what a quality night everyone else was having) the Main room & R&B room were just as awesome.

Great seeing so many faces that I havent seen for such a long (so long that I thought some of em were dead :ohmy: ) That was the beauty of this nigher, a great mix of folk, some regulars, some not so regular mixed in with a lot of friendly people from the South which added to the happy northerners in attendance made for a SUPERB night!!!

ATB

Ali xxx

P.S Big love to Cathy from New Zealand via Chester who I havent seen for "cough cough" many years. You look fantastic & havent changed one bit ! well apart from the flat top that has grown out & you've got lovely long blonde hair. (Obtw you're not one of the ones I thought were dead!!)

How can I add to the above great & truly reflective comments on what a SUPERB night it was ???

I guess I've got the feeling a d.j gets when all the tunes that he/she was intending to play that night have just been played by the previous jockey's.:sad:

Aaw well - just so you feel like you're at one of those soul do's that we all hate .... you're gonna here it all over again !! :laugh:

Fantastic layout at Radcliffe with all 3 rooms being on the same level - made you feel you were actually part of the nighter rather than some poor relation.:laugh:

The location of the bar, outside the rooms, worked really well and as Tony Mac pointed out to me, despite 400+ people in there you were never queing for more than 5 mins which is a pretty amazing task so well done to all the bar staff for keeping us punters happy.

Imberboy has hit the nail on the head iro the modern room. Despite the brief problem with the sound early on for the modern lads. (Im sure Geoff Allman walked out of there with little red horns on after his spot :wink: ) & left our lovely Mr Womble pick up the pieces ... and pick up the pieces he did. Wow from then on I never looked back. Quality uplifting soulful happy tunes with a dash of funk, jazz & disco. The atmosphere took me back to my raving days but this time it was music & the people that lifted me ... and NOTHING else !!

When I did venture out of the modern room (for a cool down, to mop my sweaty face!! & to see what a quality night everyone else was having) the Main room & R&B room were just as awesome.

Great seeing so many faces that I havent seen for such a long (so long that I thought some of em were dead :ohmy: ) That was the beauty of this nigher, a great mix of folk, some regulars, some not so regular mixed in with a lot of friendly people from the South which added to the happy northerners in attendance made for a SUPERB night!!!

ATB

Ali xxx

P.S Big love to Cathy from New Zealand via Chester who I havent seen for "cough cough" many years. You look fantastic & havent changed one bit ! well apart from the flat top that has grown out & you've got lovely long blonde hair. (Obtw you're not one of the ones I thought were dead!!)

LOL - pmsl!!.. the best bit, is that I can imagine you & your accent sayin all this!..

just brilliant Ali:thumbup: .

See you next week

Jayne.x.

Guest Beeks

Note never never go drinking with that Beeks fella,boy can he put em away,had a right good time we did,cheers fella,

Hehehe my partner in crime for the night ;-)

Had a top time Toby...and you can't say nothing about being a bad influence!!

See you soon mate...i'm still in recovery!

Beeks

LOL - pmsl!!.. the best bit, is that I can imagine you & your accent sayin all this!..

just brilliant Ali:thumbup: .

See you next week

Jayne.x.

Ha ha ! not sure what you mean Jayne ? :chinstroke: Eeh by gum ecky thump we did av a reet gud nite !! dint we.

Forgot to say a big massive THANK YOU to Chris, Marcelle & all involved in my earlier post.

Reet - Im off t'eat sum Yorkshire pudding now then walk mi whippet on Ilkley Moor.

lots of Yorkshire love

Al xxx

(The White Rose lady)

Guest justme

sorry about delay in response but must echo all from above enjoyed the event the moment i step foot into this venue as £10 entry i thought bloody hell it's a steel at half the price as soon as i got settled and dumped my bag underneath a chair it was time to explore. So into the main room where i found to my surprise full of promise of many a great nite is gona happen here apart from teething problems with the sound it was just a great hall and i might add a fantastic dance floor and packed with friendly people. I then headed to where Mr Steve Cato was gona be hideing for the nite lol(joke) his the main reason i was over there to be honest dragging me all the way from my little town in ireland but would of course do it again in a harte beat, anyway justv as i thought i how am i gona drag myself away from the main room's floor i managed to stay in manly soul room for a gud part of the nite where tunes were being played to the delight of my ears from start to finish so ust want to take this oppertunity to say a big THANK YOU to all and of couse to steve and lyd for looking after us and one last thank you to Cris himself who kindly arrange a taxi so us irish folk could get back home unitl next time take care

Hehehe my partner in crime for the night ;-)

Had a top time Toby...and you can't say nothing about being a bad influence!!

See you soon mate...i'm still in recovery!

Beeks

Me im never a bad influence young man,i enjoyed your company mate and thanks,me im just about recoverd.

see ya real soon Beeks

Toby

Source Advert