2010-04-09: Soul Essence 28

Guest Gavin Page

Dave - I haven't even told the grandparents yet...................:tumbleweed3: But special guest will be worth it...

We should be staying in your usual, all being wellwhistling

Happy Days

• Replies 154
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Troop:

This is a straight lift from what will be in the programme.

Once again I welcome you all to the 'Jim Wray Lounge' and as usual we open the doors to the worlds one and only 'original' room where you will hear the finest soul music, traditionally aired by some of the countries top hoarders, featuring deep, sweet, ballads, two step etc. This year is no different and Friday night sees the arrival of the Spanish Soul armada. The 'Lounge' on Friday night will be the place to be. What else is there to be said about Saturdays in the 'Lounge', a whole day of just sitting and wallowing in everything that is great about our music? And again I've put together a group of avid collectors that will cater for your every soul need, staying with my tried and tested approach of regulars and new faces side by side. It seems that other venues are putting on similar rooms at there functions more notably the 'Cotton Club' in Bilbao on the Saturday afternoon of the 'Soul 4 Real' weekender, the last one was a roaring success and we at Soul Essence can only hope and pray that more venues follow our lead and provide a room for this aspect of our music.

Soul On

Gouch

Saturday:

11-12 Alejandro Aguayo

12-1 Andy Dyson

1-2 Steve Plumb

2-3 John Reed

3-4 Bob Jones

4-5 Gouch

5-6 John Farrell

6-7 Dave Halsall

7-8 Fraser Dunne

Well, there you have it, this years line up is as strong as ever and I for one, as usual,can't wait.If you've never been to the Yarmouth Weekender and sampled the 'Lounge' then you really are missing one of 'THE' soulful experiences.

See ya there.

Gouch

Troop:

Once again I welcome you all to the 'Jim Wray Lounge' and as usual we open the doors to the worlds one and only 'original' room where you will hear the finest soul music, traditionally aired by some of the countries top hoarders, featuring deep, sweet, ballads, two step etc. This year is no different and Friday night sees the arrival of the Spanish Soul armada. The 'Lounge' on Friday night will be the place to be. What else is there to be said about Saturdays in the 'Lounge', a whole day of just sitting and wallowing in everything that is great about our music? And again I've put together a group of avid collectors that will cater for your every soul need, staying with my tried and tested approach of regulars and new faces side by side. It seems that other venues are putting on similar rooms at there functions more notably the 'Cotton Club' in Bilbao on the Saturday afternoon of the 'Soul 4 Real' weekender, the last one was a roaring success and we at Soul Essence can only hope and pray that more venues follow our lead and provide a room for this aspect of our music.

Soul On

Gouch

Saturday:

11-12 Alejandro Aguayo

12-1 Andy Dyson

1-2 Steve Plumb

2-3 John Reed

3-4 Bob Jones

4-5 Gouch

5-6 John Farrell

6-7 Dave Halsall

7-8 Fraser Dunne

Well, there you have it, this years line up is as strong as ever and I for one, as usual,can't wait.If you've never been to the Yarmouth Weekender and sampled the 'Lounge' then you really are missing one of 'THE' soulful experiences.

See ya there.

Gouch

Think there will be a few towels placed on chairs over Friday night in anticipation of this mouth watering line up. yes.gif

Best

Pat

Guest stromberg

Think there will be a few towels placed on chairs over Friday night in anticipation of this mouth watering line up. yes.gif

Best

Pat

Guest Gavin Page

We have had 3 double rooms become spare, be quick folks they wont be around long !

Edited by Gavin Page
Guest stromberg

I am sure Tim won't have gone to bed on Friday night so will save a seat for all his friends.

Sadly I cannot be there this year due to pesky work, although still trying, so probably wont see you or my friend Tim for beers and schotts.

So Bis Bamberg!

Troop:

Soul On

Gouch

Saturday:

11-12 Alejandro Aguayo

12-1 Andy Dyson

1-2 Steve Plumb

2-3 John Reed

3-4 Bob Jones

4-5 Gouch

5-6 John Farrell

6-7 Dave Halsall

7-8 Fraser Dunne

See ya there.

Gouch

Only been going to Yarmouth since 1993 so I'm pleased to finally be making my debut in the 'Lounge' hatsoff2.gif

17 years of buying drinks for Gouch has finally paid off wicked.gif

Looking forward to it immensely!

Cheers

Steve

Just a month to go....

Will see some of ya at Just Soul, some of ya at Stafford - and the rest of ya there thumbup.gif

ps. my ticker is shite - can someone find me a good one please biggrin.gif

Sadly I cannot be there this year due to pesky work, although still trying, so probably wont see you or my friend Tim for beers and schotts.

So Bis Bamberg!

ohmy.gifohmy.gif ...Jocko, hope you can make it to Yarmouth, but good to hear you come over to Bamberg ........for some..... Schnapslaugh.gif

Tim

Guest Gavin Page

Just a month to go....

Will see some of ya at Just Soul, some of ya at Stafford - and the rest of ya there thumbup.gif

ps. my ticker is shite - can someone find me a good one please biggrin.gif

Cant do Stafford unfortunatly as in L.A fly back the Tuesday before the weekend.... YIKES!!

Ooh just thought I'd let you hardened drinkers know that at the mo in Tesco...

Spririts, including the perennial favourite Jack Daniels are on offer - 2 for 25 quid.

Needless to say, I made a purchase thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh My Goodness, this time next week I shall be a fecking nightmare trying to get everyone and everything ready for a couple of days of sheer bliss in Yarmouth laugh.gif

Guest Adam G

are we there yet?.

Cant wait " Just Soul" wet my appetite for more great music. Be int bar early afternoon if plans go right.

17 years in and still loving it .

Guest Brett F

Thankfully the proposed train strike has been derailed ( hell i'm a regular Bob Hope) so i'll be there Thursday tea time,,,,,

Thankfully the proposed train strike has been derailed ( hell i'm a regular Bob Hope) so i'll be there Thursday tea time,,,,,

see you there brett i am being chauffered by Budgie we should be there tea time'ish also really looking forwrd to it missed last year wondedr if the orwell crew will stay sober :thumbsup:

mark

Its Monday.

I have just got home from the Stafford reunion. And I'm fooked. My feet are cut and blistered, I can barely walk, have lost my voice and I have cramp in some strange places... Roll On Friday so I can feel like this all over again :laugh:

Guest Adam G

Its Monday.

I have cramp in some strange places...:laugh:

The strangest place I had cramp was a village in east Cleveland called Brotton. Two Primary schools 300 kids with only two Surnames between the lot of em!. The cramp in question was a severe calf cramp due to walking from a pub to my sisters house ( who mistakenly moved there in belief it was a country Village and not as it turned out a center for unemployable lunatics).

Its full of those people you see wandering aimlessly around Yarmouth on the Sat morning!

see you on Friday we land around 4.00.

Adam

Kirsty stop being a "wuss" laugh.gif:hypo: That'll teach you not to wear "heels" to a Niter :wave:

Oddly enough am amazingly organised this year. Hotel is booked, car oil checked, boxes packed apart from a couple of last minute additions.....See you all there! :yes:

Edited by Steve G

Looking forward hugely, it's been a long year indeed.

Much celebrating to done with chums of old and new and Max to keep us in line, marvellous, marvellous.

Some vinyl may even be procuredrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Mines a pint of the black stuff.

Album only spot please Plumby?biggrin.gif

Jimthumbsup.gif

LP-Only set lined up for Friday at Midnight-ish Jimbo!

Fourth year on and nowt played twice yet and there's still so many to go at!

60's, 70's, 80's & 90's will be catered for, covering as many genres as humanly possible too. That's assuming the Yarmouth Glitterati give it all the thumbs up thumbsup.gif

See you all Friday afternoon at the record bar - heard a whisper a certain Mr Manship Esq making an appearance this year, for the first time for many a year!

Cheers

Steve

The strangest place I had cramp was a village in east Cleveland called Brotton. Two Primary schools 300 kids with only two Surnames between the lot of em!. The cramp in question was a severe calf cramp due to walking from a pub to my sisters house ( who mistakenly moved there in belief it was a country Village and not as it turned out a center for unemployable lunatics).

Its full of those people you see wandering aimlessly around Yarmouth on the Sat morning!

see you on Friday we land around 4.00.

Adam

laugh.gif

Guest Gavin Page

Well this time tomorrow night we will be setting up and having a pint or 4. See you all Friday. I have feckin loads to do still !

Almost here and i'm so excited will be there tomorrow night relaxing with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate discussing 16th painting with Gavin and Goucher, can't wait thumbsup.gif

All the best fellow essence chums.

Andy Mann

LP-Only set lined up for Friday at Midnight-ish Jimbo!

Fourth year on and nowt played twice yet and there's still so many to go at!

60's, 70's, 80's & 90's will be catered for, covering as many genres as humanly possible too. That's assuming the Yarmouth Glitterati give it all the thumbs up thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Always a set not to be missed,i`ll be there fella thumbsup.gif looks like me vinyl diet is gonna all pear shapelaugh.gif

so there will be no slinking off to your room to discuss records (single malts) you flanny and steve connor laugh.gif

mark

It's JD Mark, single malts are a bit too upper class for us mate biggrin.gif

And yes, there will be an element of 'slinking off' thumbsup.gif

See you and the great Greatstone Crew tomorrow

Cheers

Steve

grrr I'm on the 3rd day of a fecking migraine that has made me go even more peculiar than usual!

if I do not recognise you, or if I have ,make-up that reminds you of Aunt SAlly - its not my fault - its that my vision is incredibly distorted... typing this is like being at sea as all the lines are wavy and moving...

oh and that husband of mine has apparantly got man-flu and has spent the last 2 days scowling, sneezing and complaining his throat hurts...

think we're leaving late morning tomorrow - so al being well we'll arrive later afternoon

mines a JD and coke, 2 migraleve and a swig of lucozade. Ta