Droylsden All Niter.. Any Feedback

Eddie will be putting the sound system in at future events and will be set up centre stage as suggested by Cams, fans will surround the amps to keep them cool, will get some fans air con units in the main room or whatever it takes to cool the room down, mirror balls will be switched off, the doorman issue will be mentioned to the owner as I did tell him from the off that with the soul crowd one or two would have been enough but he told me it has to employ them as it's the law of the land and based on two required for every 100 guests so we may be able to reduce them to four????? again big thanks to all the DJ's for their efforts, big thanks to everyone who attended, all issues, concerns and issues raised will be taken on board, I will meet with the owner and express everything to him and if we can resolve and overview everything then they may be a future at the venue, November 7th is booked for the next one by which time all will be well.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

WELL DONE MARK FOR A REALLY GOOD NIGHT. THE MUSIC WAS EXCELLENT. :D

IF YOU GET THE 'TEETHING TROUBLES' SORTED, (INCLUDING THE FLOOR) THE NEXT ONE WILL BE A STORMER!!!!

OH, AND LOSE THE CANDLES, THINK THEY CONTRIBUTED TO THE HEAT!!!!!!!! yes.gif

Edited by BUSYBEE-GD
  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Mark

I had a great night,I like the gaps and the breaks in the records, it gives us the nots so fits a chance to dance to the full tune,and a rest, then finish off, great Idea. Security wandering around the dance floor with a basque on and a blonde at that. That was good Idea. Nice to meet and talk to other poeple that are on SS, The boring Moo, Nice chap in fact I think I will try his venue in Mansfields The Atick, couldn't work out if he was the front end or back of the moo. Trevski, thank you for taking me, he was the very smartley dress chap in the light grey suit. Rich were you frighted like Jonny??ha ha! The exarmy was in with Wendy good to see you both.

The Venue was different, I think the deco had been inspired by the MAFIA's involvment in the film industry in the 5t's and the veranda great idea for the smoker, you would be F**ked doing the steps every time you want a fag. The veranda could always be used for Torcher, by dangling your victim off by the balls. (That'ill me getting a gbh of CAMLMS.) Getting carried away there. Liam, I hope you are feeling better now?

Spot I am looking forward to your script The toon that stuck in the grey matter was the Ambers

Mark I can tell by your comments that you are a little pi**ed off, not your fault, I and many others had a great night and will support you again, as we have a lot of problems going on in our lives and the problems you had are not problems and can be, or already have been sorted. The problems you have is in the Next months CHELSEA,Joining Newcastle.

I could tell by your body language that you had put 110% effort in to it and you could'nt have forseen problems, if you had forseen them would't be problems then. But you are your own harshist judge

chill

Nice to have met you

Andy

Mark

I had a great night,I like the gaps and the breaks in the records, it gives us the nots so fits a chance to dance to the full tune,and a rest, then finish off, great Idea. Security wandering around the dance floor with a basque on and a blonde at that. That was good Idea. Nice to meet and talk to other poeple that are on SS, The boring Moo, Nice chap in fact I think I will try his venue in Mansfields The Atick, couldn't work out if he was the front end or back of the moo. Trevski, thank you for taking me, he was the very smartley dress chap in the light grey suit. Rich were you frighted like Jonny??ha ha! The exarmy was in with Wendy good to see you both.

The Venue was different, I think the deco had been inspired by the MAFIA's involvment in the film industry in the 5t's and the veranda great idea for the smoker, you would be F**ked doing the steps every time you want a fag. The veranda could always be used for Torcher, by dangling your victim off by the balls. (That'ill me getting a gbh of CAMLMS.) Getting carried away there. Liam, I hope you are feeling better now?

Spot I am looking forward to your script The toon that stuck in the grey matter was the Ambers

Mark I can tell by your comments that you are a little pi**ed off, not your fault, I and many others had a great night and will support you again, as we have a lot of problems going on in our lives and the problems you had are not problems and can be, or already have been sorted. The problems you have is in the Next months CHELSEA,Joining Newcastle.

I could tell by your body language that you had put 110% effort in to it and you could'nt have forseen problems, if you had forseen them would't be problems then. But you are your own harshist judge

chill

Nice to have met you

Andy

I've just had a good long chat on the phone with my good mate Chris Waterman (New Century Soul) and as we are good friends and as good friends do we can shoot from the hip and tell it like it is without fear of offending each other, Chris basically hit the nail on the head and told me that I'm perhaps too emotional to be a promoter being that I'm more form the DJ/collector back ground, I just wanted everything to be perfect and it almost was, you are so right Andy that I am my own hardest judge as I feel it's so important to put on a good show, good value for money etc. when you get comments like it's too hot, not enough chairs, turn the mirror ball off, make the room darker, the floor is sticky, ask the doorman to stop walking round the dance floor, add this to the amp playing up, the candle sticks lol I was emotionally a mess by 7am so perhaps Chris is right some people are good DJ's some are good promoters maybe a case of never the twain shall meet but I tried and I will give it another go in November and see if all the wrongs be them minor can be put right.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell

I've just had a good long chat on the phone with my good mate Chris Waterman (New Century Soul) and as we are good friends and as good friends do we can shoot from the hip and tell it like it is without fear of offending each other, Chris basically hit the nail on the head and told me that I'm perhaps too emotional to be a promoter being that I'm more form the DJ/collector back ground, I just wanted everything to be perfect and it almost was, you are so right Andy that I am my own hardest judge as I feel it's so important to put on a good show, good value for money etc. when you get comments like it's too hot, not enough chairs, turn the mirror ball off, make the room darker, the floor is sticky, ask the doorman to stop walking round the dance floor, add this to the amp playing up, the candle sticks lol I was emotionally a mess by 7am so perhaps Chris is right some people are good DJ's some a good promoters maybe a case of never the twain shall meet but I tried and I will give it another go in November and see if all the wrongs be them minor put right.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Ace to cya Andy and will email ya !!! Likewise I had a Top Night......admittedly I didn't arrive untill 3pm so I missed the sound problems but boy do i sympathise having been on the end of Promises from Venues that the sound will be sorted........ultimately yer best to have yer own rig !!

I thought the club was Ace and actually liked the surreal surroundings...but Hey ! I love Las Vegas in a Wheeltappers stylee...really I loved it !

The Floor was like a CSE Woodworking project cobbled together by not very good with their hands gang....Mum Happy Christmas i've made you this milking-stool..ok it looks like an ashtray but use yer imagination Mother!!!

As A Dancer..or someone who likes to do my interpretation of The Hooligan Jig.....A Good Sound system is VERY important but An Even Dance..Floor.....................well that's De Rigeur ( think that's yer French is that ) ............

BUT ALL SAID AND DONE >>>>> HATS OFF ! I HAD A BLAST ! AND A BOOTSALE ON THE WAY_HOME >>>>> I ASK YER WHAT MORE CAN A MAN WANT ???

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

heres my play list in no particular order

Little Soul-Lonely stranger-Solid Sound

Aspirations-You left me-Peaches

Ray Agee-Im losing again-Soultown

Professionals-That's why I love you-Groove City

Magnetics-Heart you're made of stone-Bonnie

Divines-I gotta make it-AOA

Empires-You're on top girl-Candi

Districts-One lover-Nile

Earle's-Everybody's got somebody-TeeTi

Terri Goodnight-They didn't know-Phelectron

Fascinators-In other words-BombayGloria Howell-You'd better hurry up-Big City

Jokers-Soul sound-Skofield

Bobby James-I really love you-Karol(Inst)

Imperial C'S-Someone tell her-Philasoul

Inspirations-No one else can take your place-Breakthrough

Magnetics-Count the days-Sable

George Pepp-The feeling is real-Coleman

Sonatas-Going down the road-Hot Line

John and the Wierdest-Memories-Tie

Just Brothers -Carlena-Garrison

Executive 4- Good thing going-Lumar

Nomads-Somethings bad-Mogroove

Phonetics-Just aboys dream-trudel

Gloria Howell-You'd better hurry up-Big City

Flairs-you got to steal it-RAP

Tommy Bush-I Like It rika

Capitals-cant deny that i love you-Omen

Falcons-Love you like-Big wheel

Magnetics-lady in green-Bonnie

Rotations-Put a dime on D9-frantic

Harvey Scales-too good to be true-Magic Touch

Servicemen-Connie-Chartmaker

Sam Williams-Love slipped-tower

Jackie Paine-no puppy love-Jet stream

Toni and Showmen-Try my love-Ten Star

J T Parker c/u

Little jewel- I want to-Tayster

Ike Strong-I owe my love to you-Bama

I've just had a good long chat on the phone with my good mate Chris Waterman (New Century Soul) and as we are good friends and as good friends do we can shoot from the hip and tell it like it is without fear of offending each other, Chris basically hit the nail on the head and told me that I'm perhaps too emotional to be a promoter being that I'm more form the DJ/collector back ground, I just wanted everything to be perfect and it almost was, you are so right Andy that I am my own hardest judge as I feel it's so important to put on a good show, good value for money etc. when you get comments like it's too hot, not enough chairs, turn the mirror ball off, make the room darker, the floor is sticky, ask the doorman to stop walking round the dance floor, add this to the amp playing up, the candle sticks lol I was emotionally a mess by 7am so perhaps Chris is right some people are good DJ's some are good promoters maybe a case of never the twain shall meet but I tried and I will give it another go in November and see if all the wrongs be them minor can be put right.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sounds to me Chris was right Mark,maybe you are too emotional.Only spoke to you about 1.00am when we arrived,but could tell you were'nt exactly relaxed.

I've never put on anything like your nite,so can only imagine how stressful it is.

You can't control everything tho' Mark.

Too HOT? - SO?.

Floor not good enough? - looked full enough to me.

Sound system? - Was looking bad at one stage Mark,but don't think anyone really wanted to call it a night at 2.00am:D .

Mobsters and there Girls/ - i felt right at home!!.

The guys on the door were polite and friendly,even Rodney!!.

Music? - well you'll never suit everyone will you Mark.The more folk in the room,the more opinions.

Eddie will be putting the sound system in at future events and will be set up centre stage as suggested by Cams, fans will surround the amps to keep them cool, will get some fans air con units in the main room or whatever it takes to cool the room down, mirror balls will be switched off, the doorman issue will be mentioned to the owner as I did tell him from the off that with the soul crowd one or two would have been enough but he told me it has to employ them as it's the law of the land and based on two required for every 100 guests so we may be able to reduce them to four????? again big thanks to all the DJ's for their efforts, big thanks to everyone who attended, all issues, concerns and issues raised will be taken on board, I will meet with the owner and express everything to him and if we can resolve and overview everything then they may be a future at the venue, November 7th is booked for the next one by which time all will be well.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Perfect! :-)

Jayne.x

Chris basically hit the nail on the head and told me that I'm perhaps too emotional to be a promoter being that I'm more form the DJ/collector back ground, I just wanted everything to be perfect and it almost was

Fixable sound problems aside, I'd say the overwhelming positive reaction to the event means you are a pretty fine promoter already, though whether or not you can live with the stress or lack of 100% approval (which is impossible) is another matter - which I assume is what Chris means.

The whole point of lookbacks is that we punters get to put our own varied perceptive/moronic slants on things, and the promoter gets to know what works and what doesn't, and whether he or she cares enough.

Great nighters become part of the history of the scene, but they are unlikely to be great if its an easy ride for the promoter.

Emotionally bruised after what must have been an incredibly stressful night, it would be completely understandable for you to drop this one, but I really hope you keep at it. Someone else will take it over after you've done all the hard work and take the credit, and you don't want that.

Brilliant music, fab venue, great atmosphere, thank you - it's almost was perfect and was a night to be proud of - the feeling of achievement you will get when you bounce back and completely nail it and know it will be immense.

Faint heart never f---ed a pig, and all that.

Just spoken to the owner of the venue who would also like to thank everyone for attending, off down to the club to collect the decks etc. about 5pm also for a quick meeting with him to discuss Saturday, all the minor issues and comments raised here have been noted and will be raised with him, the sound system will be improved and taken care of by Eddie and it will be as close to perfect for the November date on November 7th, promoting now seems very different to what it once was 15 years ago or so, I guess it's beacause there is so much competition out there that whatever you attempt to do is very much under the spotlight to be reviewed and commented on in such detail.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Just spoken to the owner of the venue who would also like to thank everyone for attending, off down to the club to collect the decks etc. about 5pm also for a quick meeting with him to discuss Saturday, all the minor issues and comments raised here have been noted and will be raised with him, the sound system will be improved and taken care of by Eddie and it will be as close to perfect for the November date on November 7th, promoting now seems very different to what it once was 15 years ago or so, I guess it's beacause there is so much competition out there that whatever you attempt to do is very much under the spotlight to be reviewed and commented on in such detail.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Will be booking time off from work again for the next one..Good luck with your venture Mark..

Annie

It's now 10.50pm Sunday night and I've just this minute got back from Wembley what a brilliant day out and a perfect result, not had hardly any sleep since waking up on Saturday morning, long hard day getting the allnighter ready, sound check in the afternoon, perfect no problem in an empty room, add almost three hundred people in the mix, heat to die for and bingo gremlins, no excuses from me on any of the problems, Mirror balls sorry, candle sticks on tables sorry, doormen walking around the room sorry, Nige Sorry, Ted huge massive sorry, Jayne massive thanks for doing the door, Eddie massive thanks for sorting the gremlins with the in house sound system, sorry for being a twat trying to put on a half decent allnighter, thanks to Ted, Cliff, Liam, Nige and Ian, thanks to everyone who came, to the guy on the smoking terrece cutting daggers got something to say then say it to my face, big learning curve for me as it's the first allnighter I've run in over 15 years, not sure if I have the passion, commitment and nerve to put myself through all that again but the owner is keen to host Northern events but we need to strip the canvas back, review, reflect, tweak and see what November 7th brings, lastly sorry if the music policy was not to everyone's taste but I can only do what I know, believe in and trust to be of a quality otherwise what's the point? lastly nothing I could do about the local non soulies attending these were let in by the club owner so that needs to be addressed, on reflection this almost worked but not quite, perhaps it's me but do I really need the stress because no matter what you do on this scene sometimes it's never enough is it? no matter how you apply yourself there is alway's negatives which some of the time can be turned into positives, sincere thanks to all those who attended.

Gonna take some time out for the next few weeks, get back into the footy with my boy do the Soul Guy Radio show once a month and who knows.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

hi mark ,just to say how much we enjoyed the quality of the sounds we heard all night, well done liam for gettin up there, particularly that last tune you played.ive been in hotter places in the middle of summer and if there wasnt so much cloth absorbin all the moisutre it couldve ended up like the sheridans skatin rink on one or two occasions.just one question to ian, the tune i asked you about which you said was lilly fields "changes" ,were you havin me on ,is it unreleased, no record of it under label you mentioned or her known releases. That nonsense aside and sound sytem teethin troubles aside thought it was a great success.

Fixable sound problems aside, I'd say the overwhelming positive reaction to the event means you are a pretty fine promoter already,

SShhh Spirit.. don't be telling Mark that!.. (You, Me and other 300 already know that,that's why it was full but we don't like to boost DJ / Promotor's ego's too much). :-))

(Only joking!!) my emoticons aren't working btw!. :-(

Jayne.x

SShhh Spirit.. don't be telling Mark that!..  (You, Me and other 300 already know that,that's why it was full but we don't like to boost DJ / Promotor's ego's too much). :-))

(Only joking!!) my emoticons aren't working btw!. :-(

Jayne.x

:)

You are obviously not on the Soul-Source platinum service, like me.

CPTN good to c ya. I thoourght I saw you in your De Rigeur boots doin the moonstomp, I must say I was pleasently surprised when you turned up. Good to see you mate.

Andy

Yeah Twas I , I genuinely had a good time but think i touched a nerve with me floor comment, what's the point of a forum if your gonna be labelled moronic for having an opinion ? I seldom comment on here because frankly yer might aswell nail yer foot to the floor if ya wanna go round in circles !!

Great Venue Mark and stick with it !

Can I say that ?

Hope to be at the next God Willing !!

Cptn M :smile:

Guest stash313

Well I enjoyed it!

A lot of people (not nessecarily on this thread) forget the effort that goes into events like this and the fact that problems are sometimes common place. Maybe we're spoilt these days due to the fact that there are so many events out there.

I'm sure that all the legendary venues of the past experienced problems in the early days (especially sound problems) it's how you come back from them that matters and I'm sure that Mark will have those sorted for next time.

We all know Mark the man wears his heart on his sleeve and some of the daft comments that he has mentioned are bound to wind you up and make you think "Well to hell with it all" but I really believe he's hit onto a gem of a venue there. The main room layout wise was excellent minimal seating, minimal lighting and a brilliant post modern rig type layout to the ceiling. The smoking terrace was excellent and allowed you to catch a breather from the action in the main room.

Musically I really enjoyed it which is saying something as its been a good couple of years since I went to a full on Northern nighter and after Radcliffe last weekend people will be wondering why I'm back again! Two Northern nighters in two weeks that's too much for me.:unsure:

The bar staff did a great job as did the door staff who were polite and corteous throughout. I only arrived at 2am at the back end of all the sound troubles but I was glad to see a very busy venue and it was good to hear the system settle down later on.

I really hope Mark sticks with this, the issues on the first night are all easy to fix and I had a bloody good laugh throughout.

Musically it was spot on, company wise the same sort the sound and were all hunky dory!

See you all in November!

This is what i played , i played quite a few requests for Carol Keene and several others who asked before i went on...

INSPIRATIONS--YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND--MIDAS

SERVICEMEN--SWEET MAGIC--CHARTMAKER

JACKIE DAY--NAUGHTY BOY--PHELECTRON

FOUR PERFECTIONS--IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH-- PARTY TIME

LOST SOUL--A SECRET OF MINE--RAVEN

SWEETS--SOMETHING ABOUT MY BABY--SOULTOWN

STUNNERS--NOBODY BUT ME--RENFRO

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

JUDY CLAY--DO YOU THINK THATS RIGHT--EMBER

LITTLE DOOLEY--YOU TWINE SO FINE--BAYLOR

SAMMY TAYLOR--NEXT IN LINE--ENJOY

KNIGHTS--IVE GOT THE FEELING--USA

JOYCE TAYLOR--MEAN MIS-TREATER-WAL-LY

CHARLES SHEFFIELD--ITS YOUR VOODOO WORKING--EXCELLO

-BILLY KENNEDY--THIS IS A GROOVY GENERATION --THELMA

ROSE BATTISTE--I CANT LEAVE YOU--THELMA

EDDIE HILL--YOU GOT THE BEST OF ME--THELMA

FRANK FOSTER--HARLEM RUMBLE--TRI-ODE

GWEN DAVIS--MY MAN DONT THINK I KNOW--SS7

CARESSORS--I CANT STAY AWAY--RU-JAC

SONNY HERMAN--WHAT ABOUT ME--UTOPIA

JOSEPH MOORE--I STILL CANT GET YOU--MAR-V-LUS

PARIS --SLEEPLESS NIGHTS--DOC

DELEGATES OF SOUL--I,LL COME RUNNING BACK--UP LOOK

ROMONA COLLINS--YOU BEEN CHEATING-CLARKS

FLASH McKINLEY--I,LL RESCUE YOU--BOMBAY

MONIQUE--IF YOU LOVE ME ( SHOW ME )--MAURCI

GAMBRELLS--YOU BETTER MOVE--CARLA

MATT LUCAS--BABY YOU BETTER GO GO--KAREN

FOUR SONICS--EASIER SAID THAN DONE--SPORT

MASQUERADERS--HOW--LA-BEAT

PARLIAMENTS--HEART TROUBLE--GOLDEN WORLD

MIKKI FARROW--SET MY HEART AT EASE--KARATE

JOCK MITCHELL--NOT A CHANCE IN A MILLION--IMPACT

STEVE MANCHA--FRIDAY NIGHT--GROOVESVILLE

TIMOTHY CARR--GOT NO TIME--UNISSUED

LILLIE FIELDS--CHANGES--UNISSUED PIED PIPER PRODUCTION

VERSATONES--ROLLIN ROLLIN--MAGIC CITY

VOLUMES-I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF--AMERICAN ARTS

GARNET MIMMS--PROVE IT TO ME--UA

VONTASTICS--NEVER LET YOUR LOVE GROW COLD---ST LAWRENCE

LA, SHELL & THE SHELLETTS--YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF--EAGLE

MORRIS CHESTNUT--TOO DARN SOULFUL--AMY ( for the guy who asked me three times for it !! )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats about it pity the decks played up during Rose Battiste but it was worth it to see Mark drop to his knees and pray for them too start up :D

xx Ian C

Hi again Mark,so glad everyone's so positive on here(not surprisingly),just one point don't think the doormen and staff were a problem they did a good job,meself.Wayne who owns the

place is a ex-boxer and runs a gym out of the building and also promotes boxing do's,I know that at least 2 or 3 of his sons work there and he's just taking care of his own.Having said that he seems a nice guy to me so I think he will be sympathetic and things can be sorted,keep your chin up Mark would love to be there in November. ATB Steve & Lesley

Just got back from the club to collect the decks etc. had a good long chat with Wayne Barker the owner who I now consider to be very much a friend, he is a no nonsence straight talking guy, all the concerns were raised and I can put the following changes which should address all areas mentioned on this thread.

1. The mirror balls will be switched off at the next event.

2. Now Wayne is aware of the type of event it is there will only be two doorman on front of house at future events, what you have to consider is that doorman and staff are only there for the protection of guests should any problems happen, but Wayne fully understands the requirements of a Northern Soul event now and has taken on all comments and concerns, the doorman will be less visable at future events but do have to be there as it's the law of the land.

3. The tables will not be over dressed as in the candle sticks, candels etc. at future events, just the basic tablecloths.

4. Wayne has also added the serving of tea and coffee, bacon butties etc. if required at future events.

5. Fans of some type will be there in the event of the room getting too hot at future events, although this might not be applicable in November at the next event.

6. The sound system issues will be resolved and extra power amps and speakers added provided by Eddie who worked so hard to put things right Saturday night.

7. The dance floor will be totally re varnished and polished for all future events.

There are a couple of things I could ask of one or two folk but I'm not that small minded but maybe think about where you leave your empties like cans not sold at the venue? cuts both ways sometimes.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I wasn't gunna comment on Saturdays outing but as I've been called to arms by Philly Dog then so be it, so here it is in all it's glory.

Firstly stop all this poor Mark the Promotor malarky, the sound systems not his fault yada,yada,yada, well it is his fault because he actually believed the Management that like Dennis Norden "It'll be alright on the Night", remember they just want his money & ours, lesson learnt though, own equipment next time, also Promotors are there to be maligned & whinged atlaugh.gif , if they're brave enough to pop their heads up above the parapets looking for plaudits then they've got to be willing to be shot at by snipers & should realise the disadvantages, just look at what it's done to Don King & his coiffure over the years & they disliked Frank Warrens contribution so much someone bloody well shot himohmy.gif ,now thats a serious whinge, also everything thats been said is actually fact.

Anyways our small convoy consisting of two auto's of me myself,Gail, Col & Shirl of the valley people & bringing up the rear Lardy Dar Gunner Simon & his pocket rocket Champion the Wonder Horse Wendy, a bit bewildered by lack of bodies & smoke plumes at front door but nice touch checking who's in & who's out at the door by one of Manchester's own Rat Pack , into the Fatal Attraction type lift with another member of the Rat Pack & up to the third floor Starlight Room, all very Great Gatesbyesque & nice but I kept my back tight to the lift wall, well I didn't want Michael Douglas jumping out & slipping me a crippler like he did that Meryl Streep, ooh no. Jayne the Hat Check lady was there to greet us & help us part with our door tax ,Sean as always was not far away so quick hello's & in, why they call it the Starlight Room I couldn't even hazard a guess, no not a clue?? laugh.gif

Waited for Patrick Moore to appear but when he didn't it was off to the bar to be served by Dick Turpin & Co, £3 for a J2o & 50p for a glass of tap water seemed a little excessive to me, next we find our friends & comrades; Dave & Steph,Mike & Jan,Dolly & Neil, Stigger,Big Paul with Little & Large, Steve P with Sharon & Lydia, Trev,Richard & Andy,Nesta,Willie,John Weston,Mary Lou,Kit etc, then we stand with Carms & thats when the trouble starts with the stop start,start stop you do the hokey cokey, what a sickener for Nige & on a very expensive 45 & very profound that it was the Parisians - Twinkle Little Star g.gif,Spooky!!!! How come Nige could spot it was a "My Bedroom" amp but nobody else did???? Just a question nothing else whistling.gif.Surveying the room I could see it was a good size with plenty of dance area but insufficient tables & chairs, not my words but the girls who as you know need a base.There also seemed to be Doormen everywhere infact more guards than President Obama has on Airforce 1, we must be important!!! One of them explained that on R&B nights it's like the "Shoot out at the OK Corral" in there, hence the numbers,told you it was Satans Sounds that R&B, so not only are we important we're respectable as well!!laugh.gif

Do I spy Candelabra's on the table whilst saying "Hi" to Kirsty & D, it's like a scene from Phantom of the Opera, Michael Crawford will be guesting any moment, well it is "The Music of the Night", Boom Boomlaugh.gif .

Boy is it hot, it's like an oven in here & no windows or Air Con, sure there were Cacti sprouting & 3 Camels were at the bar to refuel with water as even they were parched but they left in despair as they didn't have enough cash to refill, well 50p a pint & 2 humps per Dromedary multiplied by three with 25 gallons a hump, could you?????laugh.gif I've not sweat so much since Gail asked me for £100 for an outfit for Co-op's Xmas party in 1989, one good thing about the heat is it aided my enforced diet Gail has me on, well even Ken Hom was struggling to make a Wok large enough for Gail to iron my shirts on.laugh.gif The locals seemed friendly enough just like the doormen & Amazon Lady was very smiley but then there was the one with the "Bubble Hem" dress on, don't really like them as they always look as if theres a heavy fart thats trapped just above the hem making it billow out as it can't dissipate through the fabric. Her friend looked as if she'd had to evacuate her room part way through getting ready for a night out when the dwellings for deliquent Droylsden dolly's sparked into flame sending her into the night with just her High heeled Jesus sandals & the Rectors work shirt onsad.gif ,she reminded me of the Jimmy Delph tune "Almost", because she was almost half dressed,I bet there was a terrible breeze blowing up her Avenuehuh.gif .

Having said all that (With my tongue firmly in my cheek) the music was excellent, I thought Nige played a thoughtful & varied set even with the problems & I thought Cliff Steele played a stonking set, I enjoyed the music so much I tripped the light fantastic on more than one occasion, remember that saying Mark "He who dares wins" & I think you just may with a little added here & bit taken there. So the daylight & Tesco's car park beckoned & we joined another club back at Dave & Steph's for tea & toast etc etc.thumbup.gif

Before I leave Sarah I hope we didn't traumatise you to much & if we did it's all Willies fault,Carms & Nige I hope you found food & indulged in a ruddy great Kebab with the full mashings on because I can't, Dave & Steph thanks for the usual hospitality & Dave thanks for abandoning us again, Mary Lou thanks for forgetting to make the tea but mainly thanks to our Hill bottom hostages Col & Shirl for the fun & laughs & totally being on our strange wavelenght & finally Shirl (Again) for the ceremonial opening of the inaugral "Manifesto" pictures & book reading club at Daves.laugh.gif

Take care, be safe & remember,"Life is the name of the game & I wanna play the game with you",

Spot.shades.gif

p.s. No tab end tapdancing or smoke signal sighting at the entrance because the place had a lovely large & cooling roof terrace for us & all the addicts, well done.thumbsup.gif

Edited by spot

I wasn't gunna comment on Saturdays outing but as I've been called to arms by Philly Dog then so be it, so here it is in all it's glory.

Firstly stop all this poor Mark the Promotor malarky, the sound systems not his fault yada,yada,yada, well it is his fault because he actually believed the Management that like Dennis Norden "It'll be alright on the Night", remember they just want his money & ours, lesson learnt though, own equipment next time, also Promotors are there to be maligned & whinged atlaugh.gif , if they're brave enough to pop their heads up above the parapets looking for plaudits then they've got to be willing to be shot at by snipers & should realise the disadvantages, just look at what it's done to Don King & his coiffure over the years & they disliked Frank Warrens contribution so much someone bloody well shot himohmy.gif ,now thats a serious whinge, also everything thats been said is actually fact.

Anyways our small convoy consisting of two auto's of me myself,Gail, Col & Shirl of the valley people & bringing up the rear Lardy Dar Gunner Simon & his pocket rocket Champion the Wonder Horse Wendy, a bit bewildered by lack of bodies & smoke plumes at front door but nice touch checking who's in & who's out at the door by one of Manchester's own Rat Pack , into the Fatal Attraction type lift with another member of the Rat Pack & up to the third floor Starlight Room, all very Great Gatesbyesque & nice but I kept my back tight to the lift wall, well I didn't want Michael Douglas jumping out & slipping me a crippler like he did that Meryl Streep, ooh no. Jayne the Hat Check lady was there to greet us & help us part with our door tax ,Sean as always was not far away so quick hello's & in, why they call it the Starlight Room I couldn't even hazard a guess, no not a clue?? laugh.gif

Waited for Patrick Moore to appear but when he didn't it was off to the bar to be served by Dick Turpin & Co, £3 for a J2o & 50p for a glass of tap water seemed a little excessive to me, next we find our friends & comrades; Dave & Steph,Mike & Jan,Dolly & Neil, Stigger,Big Paul with Little & Large, Steve P with Sharon & Lydia, Trev,Richard & Andy,Nesta,Willie,John Weston,Mary Lou,Kit etc, then we stand with Carms & thats when the trouble starts with the stop start,start stop you do the hokey cokey, what a sickener for Nige & on a very expensive 45 & very profound that it was the Parisians - Twinkle Little Star g.gif,Spooky!!!! How come Nige could spot it was a "My Bedroom" amp but nobody else did???? Just a question nothing else whistling.gif.Surveying the room I could see it was a good size with plenty of dance area but insufficient tables & chairs, not my words but the girls who as you know need a base.There also seemed to be Doormen everywhere infact more guards than President Obama has on Airforce 1, we must be important!!! One of them explained that on R&B nights it's like the "Shoot out at the OK Corral" in there, hence the numbers,told you it was Satans Sounds that R&B, so not only are we important we're respectable as well!!laugh.gif

Do I spy Candelabra's on the table whilst saying "Hi" to Kirsty & D, it's like a scene from Phantom of the Opera, Michael Crawford will be guesting any moment, well it is "The Music of the Night", Boom Boomlaugh.gif .

Boy is it hot, it's like an oven in here & no windows or Air Con, sure there were Cacti sprouting & 3 Camels were at the bar to refuel with water as even they were parched but they left in despair as they didn't have enough cash to refill, well 50p a pint & 2 humps per Dromedary multiplied by three with 25 gallons a hump, could you?????laugh.gif I've not sweat so much since Gail asked me for £100 for an outfit for Co-op's Xmas party in 1989, one good thing about the heat is it aided my enforced diet Gail has me on, well even Ken Hom was struggling to make a Wok large enough for Gail to iron my shirts on.laugh.gif The locals seemed friendly enough just like the doormen & Amazon Lady was very smiley but then there was the one with the "Bubble Hem" dress on, don't really like them as they always look as if theres a heavy fart thats trapped just above the hem making it billow out as it can't dissipate through the fabric. Her friend looked as if she'd had to evacuate her room part way through getting ready for a night out when the dwellings for deliquent Droylsden dolly's sparked into flame sending her into the night with just her High heeled Jesus sandals & the Rectors work shirt onsad.gif ,she reminded me of the Jimmy Delph tune "Almost", because she was almost half dressed,I bet there was a terrible breeze blowing up her Avenuehuh.gif .

Having said all that (With my tongue firmly in my cheek) the music was excellent, I thought Nige played a thoughtful & varied set even with the problems & I thought Cliff Steele played a stonking set, I enjoyed the music so much I tripped the light fantastic on more than one occasion, remember that saying Mark "He who dares wins" & I think you just may with a little added here & bit taken there. So the daylight & Tesco's car park beckoned & we joined another club back at Dave & Steph's for tea & toast etc etc.thumbup.gif

Before I leave Sarah I hope we didn't traumatise you to much & if we did it's all Willies fault,Carms & Nige I hope you found food & indulged in a ruddy great Kebab with the full mashings on because I can't, Dave & Steph thanks for the usual hospitality & Dave thanks for abandoning us again, Mary Lou thanks for forgetting to make the tea but mainly thanks to our Hill bottom hostages Col & Shirl for the fun & laughs & totally being on our strange wavelenght & finally Shirl (Again) for the ceremonial opening of the inaugral "Manifesto" pictures & book reading club at Daves.laugh.gif

Take care, be safe & remember,"Life is the name of the game & I wanna play the game with you",

Spot.shades.gif

p.s. No tab end tapdancing or smoke signal sighting at the entrance because the place had a lovely large & cooling roof terrace for us & all the addicts, well done.thumbsup.gif

Fantastic made my day this, pretty much how the night went lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Forgot to mention the next Allnighter is booked and confirmed for Saturday November 7th 2009 - Subject to confirmation DJ's include TED MASSEY - IAN CUNLIFFE - NIGE BROWN - MARK BICKNELL - CLIFF STEELE PLUS SPECIAL GUEST MACE.

Looked at Dave Rimmers 2010 Allnighter planner and if there is no objections or clashing with other events then I'll be loking at the following dates for 2010 - All Saturdays - FEB 6TH, JUNE 5TH, AUGUST 7TH, OCTOBER 9TH, DECEMBER 4TH, Seems to be nothing free in March, April, May time but will try and put another date on between March and June, these dates are subject to being confirmed.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-12499315616356_thumb.jpg

post-1475-1249931656863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Bicknell

heres my play list in no particular order

Little Soul-Lonely stranger-Solid Sound

Aspirations-You left me-Peaches

Ray Agee-Im losing again-Soultown

Professionals-That's why I love you-Groove City

Magnetics-Heart you're made of stone-Bonnie

Divines-I gotta make it-AOA

Empires-You're on top girl-Candi

Districts-One lover-Nile

Earle's-Everybody's got somebody-TeeTi

Terri Goodnight-They didn't know-Phelectron

Fascinators-In other words-BombayGloria Howell-You'd better hurry up-Big City

Jokers-Soul sound-Skofield

Bobby James-I really love you-Karol(Inst)

Imperial C'S-Someone tell her-Philasoul

Inspirations-No one else can take your place-Breakthrough

Magnetics-Count the days-Sable

George Pepp-The feeling is real-Coleman

Sonatas-Going down the road-Hot Line

John and the Wierdest-Memories-Tie

Just Brothers -Carlena-Garrison

Executive 4- Good thing going-Lumar

Nomads-Somethings bad-Mogroove

Phonetics-Just aboys dream-trudel

Gloria Howell-You'd better hurry up-Big City

Flairs-you got to steal it-RAP

Tommy Bush-I Like It rika

Capitals-cant deny that i love you-Omen

Falcons-Love you like-Big wheel

Magnetics-lady in green-Bonnie

Rotations-Put a dime on D9-frantic

Harvey Scales-too good to be true-Magic Touch

Servicemen-Connie-Chartmaker

Sam Williams-Love slipped-tower

Jackie Paine-no puppy love-Jet stream

Toni and Showmen-Try my love-Ten Star

J T Parker c/u

Little jewel- I want to-Tayster

Ike Strong-I owe my love to you-Bama

Fantastic Ted, well worth the admission fee just to listen to these thumbup.gif

This is what i played , i played quite a few requests for Carol Keene and several others who asked before i went on...

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

MORRIS CHESTNUT--TOO DARN SOULFUL--AMY ( for the guy who asked me three times for it !! )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats about it pity the decks played up during Rose Battiste but it was worth it to see Mark drop to his knees and pray for them too start up biggrin.gif

xx Ian C

TOP SPOT MR CUNLIFFE, PLENTY OF THESE ON MY WANTS LISTthumbup.gif

DJ's in the mix for future nights include Dave Rivers, Tony Foster, Colin Wood, Neil Jones, John Weston, Dave Rimmer, Des Parker, Kitch, Jumping Joan, Jo Wallace, Johnny Fingers, Les Hare looking towards Nige, Ted, Ian and Cliff as the backbone residents to this event guy's who I respect and trust, with above names in the mix on a rotation basis with a couple more who I have yet to contact, I think you all know where I'm trying to go with this musically...simply quality nothing more nothing less.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell

DJ's in the mix for future nights include Dave Rivers, Tony Foster, Colin Wood, Neil Jones, John Weston, Dave Rimmer, Des Parker, Kitch, Les Hare looking towards Nige, Ted, Ian and Cliff as the backbone residents to this event guy's who I respect and trust, with above names in the mix on a rotation basis with a couple more who I have yet to contact, I think you all know where I'm trying to go with this musically...simply quality nothing more nothing less.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Good to hear you are still moving on and sticking with it Mark. This event will be a major player without doubt!!!! The music speaks volumes!!!!

Edited by Tony Foster
Guest Trevski

DJ's in the mix for future nights include Dave Rivers, Tony Foster, Colin Wood, Neil Jones, John Weston, Dave Rimmer, Des Parker, Kitch, Les Hare looking towards Nige, Ted, Ian and Cliff as the backbone residents to this event guy's who I respect and trust, with above names in the mix on a rotation basis with a couple more who I have yet to contact, I think you all know where I'm trying to go with this musically...simply quality nothing more nothing less.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Looks like you've reflected and decided! Actually, on reflection, I had more fun than any recent Wilton or Middleton! From 'Ali Baba' in the car park, to the 'Danger of exploding thongs' and the 'Godfather' I think the York contingent will be returning in November!

Just got back from the club to collect the decks etc. had a good long chat with Wayne Barker the owner who I now consider to be very much a friend, he is a no nonsence straight talking guy, all the concerns were raised and I can put the following changes which should address all areas mentioned on this thread.

1. The mirror balls will be switched off at the next event.

2. Now Wayne is aware of the type of event it is there will only be two doorman on front of house at future events, what you have to consider is that doorman and staff are only there for the protection of guests should any problems happen, but Wayne fully understands the requirements of a Northern Soul event now and has taken on all comments and concerns, the doorman will be less visable at future events but do have to be there as it's the law of the land.

3. The tables will not be over dressed as in the candle sticks, candels etc. at future events, just the basic tablecloths.

4. Wayne has also added the serving of tea and coffee, bacon butties etc. if required at future events.

5. Fans of some type will be there in the event of the room getting too hot at future events, although this might not be applicable in November at the next event.

6. The sound system issues will be resolved and extra power amps and speakers added provided by Eddie who worked so hard to put things right Saturday night.

7. The dance floor will be totally re varnished and polished for all future events.

There are a couple of things I could ask of one or two folk but I'm not that small minded but maybe think about where you leave your empties like cans not sold at the venue? cuts both ways sometimes.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark . Dont make too many changes!!!! I F**kin loved the 70S Amsterdam Brothel Look. Nice touch. Ha Ha

I know were you can get a Large portable AC/ dehumidifier on hire at little cost. keep the polarbears happy

The sound will be sorted (may even sling a line out to the terrace).

As for the overall vue For me It was musicaly one of the best rare soul allnighters Iv been at in years and I can see November taking it up another level. Its a great venue , great staff ( who now they have done one) will probably be even friendlier.

If you need to speak to me about anything before you see Wayne. give me a bell'

Hi Mark .

Dont make too many changes!!!! I F**kin loved the 70S Amsterdam Brothel Look. Nice touch. Ha Ha

I know were you can get a Large portable AC/ dehumidifier on hire at little cost. keep the polarbears happy

As for the overall vue For me It was musicaly one of the best rare soul allnighters Iv been at in years and I can see November taking it up another level. Its a great venue , great staff ( who now they have done one) will probably be even friendlier.

Ed

Guest stash313

Hi Mark .

Dont make too many changes!!!! I F**kin loved the 70S Amsterdam Brothel Look. Nice touch. Ha Ha

Ed

I agree with you Eddy, I think the style of the room set it apart from other standard nighter venues, I would make changes to that a minimum Mark. Was good to see you and Davy on saturday Eddy and to have a decent chat for once! ;-)

Goodness me Mark you have done well 10/10 Bacon buttties too ! yeeeeha

Seriously , this has been a great thread above all it has been "Honest" , so many times you read no problems massive turnout brilliant night and such like , when you know it's a slight bending of the truth. Or worst still its silence .... no comment like

You put on a superb night with a few hitches first time around and the managment team sound great, they hear what you say , just like you heard what your customers said.

Who knows we might have pasta and mamas meat balls on the menu in the winter.

Well done that man !

Edited by Carms

Goodness me Mark you have done well 10/10 Bacon buttties too ! yeeeeha

Seriously , this has been a great thread above all it has been "Honest" , so many times you read no problems massive turnout brilliant night and such like , when you know it's a slight bending of the truth. Or worst still its silence .... no comment like

You put on a superb night with a few hitches first time around and the managment team sound great, they hear what you say , just like you heard what your customers said.

Who knows we might have pasta and mamas meat balls on the menu in the winter.

Well done that man !

Carms if you want a decent Bacon buttie girl then my treat anytime at our catering van lol on a more serious note there are three things I value being part of this scene which are reputation, integrity and being honest, one of the reasons I set up this gig was to basically see if I still could make a contribution to the scene and to cut the mustard as to be honest I've not really been that involved with it due to my business commitments in recent times, at times on Saturday night I wanted to run out of the building, when the decks/amps whatever were playing up I was breaking up inside, both Nige and Ted deserved better from me and I let them down because of the sound problems, at one stage I went into a backroom for about twenty minutes and cried honestly I did as I felt I'd let people down, all the DJ's booked on Saturday were booked on merrit as they will be in the future and not because they are my mates, I make no excuses for the problems we had on Saturday, I've fronted all the issues and I hope resolved them for the next event on November 7th, by the way there were 226 paying customers on Saturday plus DJ's and guests and a few guests of the owner, The Soul Club now has just over 400 Members so it's certainly moving in the right direction, It would be nice to look towards about 300 people at the next night and build it from there, the music policy and the playlists on here speak volumes on the quality of the night and has certainly set our stall out of where we want to go with this, the club and it's owner are certainly on our side, we have a cracking little venue here which we can embrace and make something special happen here, not for me or my ego but for the good of the scene and more importantly the music, no gimics or thrills just the best of the best.

Regards - Mark Bicknell..... Now off to work Carms do you want brown or red on your buttie lol

Edited by Mark Bicknell

We spend our lives "analising "every minutae of everything we do, and the Two simple questions we asked ourselves, after all the elements of the night were dissected ad infinitum was "did we have a good time?" and "would we come back?" and both of these got an almighty "YES". Keep it up.

Des Parker

lol lol lol...10 out of ten for the girl she had balls .

Did she!! Sorry couldnt help meself lol

lol lol Oh she had balls alright, 7ft & approx 20st bless it, if she said its sunday, its sunday, Helga, must of been using the mens toilets lol lol !!! Mark it was a good night, really enjoyed it stop stressing

Edited by ang b

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Thanks Mark for including me in such a high calibre line up, ohmy.gif all these guys are passionate about the music and know their stuffyes.gif lookin forward to being part of it

never mind bacon butties mate wot about CHELSEA BUNS ???? whistling.gif

dave

My two penny's worth -

A different type of venue - which makes a nice change. People will never confuse this with any other club. I liked the room. The open air roof area was great, went up there several times to cool off. Good bar staff meant virtually no waiting. Prices ? surely most clubs want a premium for letting us keep their staff working through the nite, I didnt think it was scandalous, but I do like the future idea of coffee & bacon butties !

I thought the bouncers were really nice, cool guys, helpful, efficient. Yeah there might have been too many of them, but they are all only young enough to be my children, so they aren't intimidating. If that's true about them getting glass carrying dancers off the floor then they get my vote 'cause that's a real pet hate.

Music - up to when I left it was good, and the right kind of policy Mark, but you already know that.

Special mentions - I enjoyed Ian's heavily Detroit influenced set, it flowed lovely. Ted was on form, even if he did play the wrong side of Spyder Turner & Webs :-) It was bad for Ted & Ian, but I think Nige copped the worst of it with the equipment, shame as he was on a blaster of a set.

I left because my lift was going, but had I been driving myself I would have left pretty soon anyway, because the stop start music did my head in, despite the 'quality chorus' keeping the beat on track with their best Temptations impression. I'd had my moneys worth by then, so aint complaining, but understand why others who arrived later than us were.

I think the scene needs variety, and with this club it's now got a nice new addition to the array of choices on offer. I shall think of this as the Rugby or Bishops Wood Niter of the north, as it's already got its own identity ( so dont change that)

Can I suggest you keep it to four, five or six a year, keeps it special and makes it worth the journey, and allows folk to be 100% attenders(which to some people is VERY important) without them missing out on other fave venues.

On reflection I think this is the future of my attending clubs on our scene, numerous Niters operating 4-6 times a year in different parts of the isle, without all having the same dj's as residents, as well as the odd nite out at the larger attended multi room Niters & monthly Niters, as well as some of the quality Soul Nites. Thanks for helping me make my mind up on this. Should see you in November Mark.

If the equipment problem hadn't happened I'd have scored it 81/2 or 9 out of 10 in my book. Onward & Upward Mark.

My two penny's worth -

A different type of venue - which makes a nice change. People will never confuse this with any other club. I liked the room. The open air roof area was great, went up there several times to cool off. Good bar staff meant virtually no waiting. Prices ? surely most clubs want a premium for letting us keep their staff working through the nite, I didnt think it was scandalous, but I do like the future idea of coffee & bacon butties !

I thought the bouncers were really nice, cool guys, helpful, efficient. Yeah there might have been too many of them, but they are all only young enough to be my children, so they aren't intimidating. If that's true about them getting glass carrying dancers off the floor then they get my vote 'cause that's a real pet hate.

Music - up to when I left it was good, and the right kind of policy Mark, but you already know that.

Special mentions - I enjoyed Ian's heavily Detroit influenced set, it flowed lovely. Ted was on form, even if he did play the wrong side of Spyder Turner & Webs :-) It was bad for Ted & Ian, but I think Nige copped the worst of it with the equipment, shame as he was on a blaster of a set.

I left because my lift was going, but had I been driving myself I would have left pretty soon anyway, because the stop start music did my head in, despite the 'quality chorus' keeping the beat on track with their best Temptations impression. I'd had my moneys worth by then, so aint complaining, but understand why others who arrived later than us were.

I think the scene needs variety, and with this club it's now got a nice new addition to the array of choices on offer. I shall think of this as the Rugby or Bishops Wood Niter of the north, as it's already got its own identity ( so dont change that)

Can I suggest you keep it to four, five or six a year, keeps it special and makes it worth the journey, and allows folk to be 100% attenders(which to some people is VERY important) without them missing out on other fave venues.

On reflection I think this is the future of my attending clubs on our scene, numerous Niters operating 4-6 times a year in different parts of the isle, without all having the same dj's as residents, as well as the odd nite out at the larger attended multi room Niters & monthly Niters, as well as some of the quality Soul Nites. Thanks for helping me make my mind up on this. Should see you in November Mark.

If the equipment problem hadn't happened I'd have scored it 81/2 or 9 out of 10 in my book. Onward & Upward Mark.

Again all points taken on board here, the amp/mixer problem seemed to be at it's worst through Ted's and Nige's spots then Eddie seemed to put it right so from Cliff's spot onwards it was fine for the final 4 hours, regarding how many a year to run you are bang on with that one, subject to dates being free or rather not clashing with other venues I can basically have the venue when I like so it will be about 5/6 a year. fingers crossed that you will give the November session a perfect 10 lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

We spend our lives "analising "every minutae of everything we do, and the Two simple questions we asked ourselves, after all the elements of the night were dissected ad infinitum was "did we have a good time?" and "would we come back?" and both of these got an almighty "YES". Keep it up.

Des Parker

AGREED DES !!!!

During all the panic I did actually play a few tunes, did the first bit and the last bit, all a bit of a blur so can't remember running orders but the two sets included.......

Willie Hutch - The Duck - Dunhill DJ

Kenny Carlton - Lost Anf Found - Blue Rock

The Jive Five - You're A Puzzle - United Artists DJ

The Fabulous Apollos - Some Good In Everything Bad - Valtone

Irene And The Scotts - I'm Stuck On My Baby - Smash DJ

Lee Rogers - Sock Some Love Power To Me - Premium Stuff

Carol Anderson - I'm Taking My Mind Off Love - Whip

Johnny McCall - You Can't Get Away - Satallite DJ

Matthew Barnett - If Your Love Is Real - Puff

Imaginations - Strange Neighbourhood - Fraternity DJ

Earl Jackson - Soul Self Satisfaction - ABC DJ

The Ascots - Another Day - Mir A Don

Frank Dell - He Broke Your Game Wide Open - Valise

Ty Karim - You Really Made It Good To Me - Senator

The Tempos - I'll Never Forget - Diamond Jim

Delegates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back - Up Look

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember - Duke

Skip Jackson And The Shantons - I'm Onto You Girl - Dot-Mar

The Majestics - (I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me - Linda DJ

Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice To Me - MB

Mr Caldwell - Love Bandit - Scorpio

Willie Kendrick - Change Your Ways - RCA DJ

Four Tracks - Like My Love For You - Mandingo

Loretta Williams - Baby Cakes - Jotis

Cliff Nobles - My Love Is Getting Stronger - Atlantic DJ

Monique - If You Love Me (Show Me) - Maurci

Detroit Emeralds - Holding On - Westbound

Fantastic Epics - Let's Get Together - Kelton

The Dynamics - I Need Your Love - RCA DJ

George Tinley And The Modern Redcaps - Ain't Gonna Worry About You - Doo-Wop DJ

Patti Austin - (I've Given) All My Love To You - Coral DJ

Lenny Williams - I Coudn't Find Nobody - Fantasy (Played it early doors before Nige Brown arrived lol)

The Cashmeres - Show Stopper - Hem

Syl Johnson - Do You Know What Love Is - Special Agent

Freddie Houston - If I Had Known - Old Town DJ

George Blackwell - Can't Lose My Head - Smoke

Sonny Craver - I'm No Fool - Teri De

Troy Dodds - Try My Love - El Camino DJ

Ivorys - Please Stay - Despenza

Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself To Blame - Sure Shot DJ

Moses Dillard And The Dynamic Showmen - I'll Pay The Price - Mark V

The Age Of Bronze - I'm Gonna Love You - Guava

The Rivingtons - I Love You Always - Vee Jay

Willie Wade - When Push Comes To Shove - Nite Life DJ

The Stoppers - Come Back Baby - Jubilee

Ester Phillips - Just Say Goodbye - Atlantic DJ

May have been a few more but like I said all a bit of a blur.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

Thats about it pity the decks played up during Rose Battiste but it was worth it to see Mark drop to his knees and pray for them too start up biggrin.gif

xx Ian C

i probably danced more during this set than the others ,and typically went to look for ed just as you played lillie fields , hunted high and low all day sunday, any chance of a soundclip please?andy.

Guest coltaylor1

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Great night mark 1st time ive been in a nighter till7am for along time. the only wrongs were findding our way out of Droylsden as you well no. see you sat

Hey Mark I thought it would be obvious I am a Brown sauce girl lol .... I am gutted I missed the Tempo's , never mind next time eh smile.gif

As most of you that know me well know I am not a nighter person . I like my bed too much , but for this night I would happily make an exception.

I'm similiar Carms - I'm not a nighter person generally and I would usually say I get bored at one room northern niters with no modern room or oldies BUT I absolutely loved the music, to the point

where I might now be tempted to try more northern alniters that aren't oldies or just modern. I didn't know most of what I heard either and enjoyied it which hasn't happened in a long time.

Mark - you might just have switched me back on to 6T's!. :-)

Jayne.x

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Superb choice,goin in one direction this place is up !shades.gif

Cogster good.gif

Thanks Mark for including me in such a high calibre line up, ohmy.gif all these guys are passionate about the music and know their stuffyes.gif lookin forward to being part of it

never mind bacon butties mate wot about CHELSEA BUNS ???? whistling.gif

dave

Well worth the door tax to listen to Mr Rivers ( legend) and true gentleman!!innocent.gif

Oh and 1 of my bestest of friends whistling.gif

Cant wait thumbsup.gif

Mike Cog

Source Advert