Northern Soul 45 Sold On Ebay, No Payment After 3 Weeks, Then Given Negative By Buyer

I do believe the customer is always right, but I'm sure anyone on here who has sold on Ebay has had this happen before.

I had a Northern Soul 45 up on eBay for $9.99 or best offer. I was offered $5 + P&P and accepted. The terms are clearly listed as requesting payment within 7 days unless prior arrangements are made. I sent a reminder message after 10 days with no response. I felt I had no choice but to open a non-paying bidder form. He replies and says he paid. There is no PayPal transaction that was made. There was no "view the PayPal transaction on this item" on the sales screen since he didn't pay.

I received the fee credit, but the chap e-mails me and said he's going to pay. I wrote back and said it's too late, relisted the item and blocked him as a bidder.

I then get an e-mail apologizing for the inconvenience and then get given a negative for not sending the record (according to him, paid but never received record).

What a tosser!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You should be able to get this removed by ebay seeing as you received the credit and the transaction is marked as having not been completed. Give them a ring.

You're right though, it's always the little silly transactions that can cause the biggest headaches. I sold some (none soul related) patches the other week, 3 for 99p plus 50p P&P. The buyer left positive feedback complaining that he wasn't allowed to leave a neutral which he wanted to do because it took a week for the patches to arrive. 33p a patch and he was trying to leave a neutral due to the POSTAGE STRIKE (they were sent first class within two days of paying). Comes with the territory of course, you do get some a*holes..... (in this case I don't think he was allowed to leave a neutral because he only had 8 feedback - I'm just waiting for him to contact me to complain about me not leaving him any feedback at all..... but as I can only leave positive as a seller I won't be bothering...)

Edited by martint
Social source share

Hi All,

There was a positive result to this story. I e-mailed the chap thatnever paid and let him know I was disappointed he chose to leave me anegative, and he told me that he didn't want to tarnish my reputationand would undo the neg if I sent him something over. Two hours later,and the negative feedback is replaced with a positive message.

Cheers,

BMSF

Social source share

Hi All,

There was a positive result to this story. I e-mailed the chap thatnever paid and let him know I was disappointed he chose to leave me anegative, and he told me that he didn't want to tarnish my reputationand would undo the neg if I sent him something over. Two hours later,and the negative feedback is replaced with a positive message.

Cheers,

BMSF

the positive result to the story is that he blackmailed you into sending you a record for free? didn't you have recourse to get the feedback removed since he didn't pay you had you had a NPB strike filed?

Social source share

I agree with Bob - getting the record for $5.00 instead of 9.99 and then getting you to throw in another record for free isn't

much of a happy ending !

also, I thought there's no way to remove feedback anymore (or at least the "mutual feedback removal" process is gone now)?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I think if you rightly block someone as a buyer, as in this case, they shouldn't then be allowed to leave negative feedback and once a complaint has been opened by one party or the other no feedback should be allowed from either party because then it just becomes punative. Ebay need to sort this out.

You should also name and shame this person on here. None of us should have to deal with tossers like this.

Social source share

I think if you rightly block someone as a buyer, as in this case, they shouldn't then be allowed to leave negative feedback and once a complaint has been opened by one party or the other no feedback should be allowed from either party because then it just becomes punative. Ebay need to sort this out.

Come September 22nd, eBay UK have this in hand, along with their "Free Post" policy.

Once a complaint is opened, the buyer cannot leave feedback (This is just eBay.co.uk .... don't know if eBay.com will be doing this aswell)

Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert