Sitting In The Park Radiants Interview

boba

Today on my radio show I interviewed two members of legendary Chicago soul group the Radiants, the original lead singer Maurice McAlister and member Wallace Sampson, the only singer who was a member of every lineup of the group. I usually write up a bio of the group but it was a great interview and it's worth listening to Maurice and Wallace tell all the stories of all their songs, check it out at the bottom of my interviews page at:

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/interviews.html

thanks,

Bob

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Bob!

Very much enjoyed the interview with the Radiants, particularly the part where they told about their very first appearance at the Apollo theatre and all the difficulties they encountered being a new and inexperienced act at the time.

"Voice Your Choice" has always been one of my alltime soul favourites, sitting nicely alongside many other Chess classics.

Regards,

Melismo

Social source share

Magic stuff, just downloading now and will listen at work this week thumbup.gif Keep 'em coming.

i thought this was a great interview actually, I was surprised by the lack of response, maurice has some great stories and people should really check this one out.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!