Notable Ns Tunes Released In Greece

Lady B and myself have just returned from a holiday in Greece ( our first tine there ) , and despite being there to relax , I was - as wherever I go - always on the look out when in stores , shops etc , to see if there were any tunes , but sadly nothing was seen or found .

My question is , what NS aligned - if any - records gained release in Greece ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I consider myself the most important Greek (well half anyway) issue to have emerged on the Northern scene....

All best

Ion

(Ioannis Tsakalis)

:)biggrin.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have nothing as important as Ion. although I do have a scar on my shin from playing football after an all-nighter with Ion and a motley crue.

I do also have a Ben E King - Can't Break The News on Greek atlantic which is pretty neat, any idea of a value folks?

As well as some common Atlantic stuff, Aretha, Arthur Conley etc.

Social source share

I'm sure I've seen reference to a Greek release of Frank Beverley somewhere

These were both issued in Greece on the TOP TUNES label:

Dee Dee Sharp - What Kind Of Lady / You're Gonna Miss Me - TOP TUNES TT1

Frank Beverly & The Butlers - If That's What You Wanted / Love (Your Pain Goes Deep) - TOP TUNES TT8

4706522841.jpg

2597639441.jpg

Social source share

Lady B and myself have just returned from a holiday in Greece ( our first tine there ) , and despite being there to relax , I was - as wherever I go - always on the look out when in stores , shops etc , to see if there were any tunes , but sadly nothing was seen or found .

Malc Burton

Sue Lynn - Don't Pitta Me

Little Anthony - Feta Use Your Head

(Sorry Ion )

Social source share

Pointer Sisters- Send Him Baklava

I knew my original - and simple - request would be reduced to the realms of a Whitehall Farce yes.gif .

I might as well join in .......

Metaxa Way The Pain Stain

The Ouzo Ouzo Song

Malc Burton

Social source share

I knew my original - and simple - request would be reduced to the realms of a Whitehall Farce :thumbup: .

I might as well join in .......

Metaxa Way The Pain Stain

The Ouzo Ouzo Song

Malc Burton

Olympiakos Your Mine

Malc Burton

Social source share

Malc Burton

i've got this one somewhere,

GRK T/ M # 2J00697377 # TEMPTATIONS # WHAT YOU NEED MOST # KEEP HOLDING ON

Social source share

didnt denis roussos do a version of,a hard RHODE to hoe,ph34r.giflaugh.gif

No but he was in Aphroditie's child,done some good rocking stuff.Chocolate boy's are sweeds or some such unsure.gif

Social source share

No but he was in Aphroditie's child,done some good rocking stuff.Chocolate boy's are sweeds or some such unsure.gif

The CB were from either France or Belgium , and later were renamed Bimbo Jet , after the massive european success of " El Bimbo " , the original A side of the Elver release ( FL - 479 ) with " Voltaire Pier " .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The CB were from either France or Belgium , and later were renamed Bimbo Jet , after the massive european success of " El Bimbo " , the original A side of the Elver release ( FL - 479 ) with " Voltaire Pier " .

Malc Burton

Probberly Belgium the clue is in there name !! :D

Social source share

Probberly Belgium the clue is in there name !! :)

TCB were a French disco group led by Claude Morgan and Laurent Rossi , who later changed their name to El Bimbo .

" Chocolate Boy " is a term used to denote a male ( usually straight ) , who takes impeccable care over his appearance . He / they will invariably be sunbed tanned and have spiky hair ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

TCB were a French disco group led by Claude Morgan and Laurent Rossi , who later changed their name to El Bimbo .

" Chocolate Boy " is a term used to denote a male ( usually straight ) , who takes impeccable care over his appearance . He / they will invariably be sunbed tanned and have spiky hair ......

Malc Burton

Found this on you tube

RE;Incredible instrumental by Belgian studio ensemble - like Ramsey Lewis or Srgio Mendes on speed playing a version of Riders on the storm.

Played this one to death for "the floor" a few years ago and still cannot get tired of it.

Social source share

Found this on you tube

RE;Incredible instrumental by Belgian studio ensemble - like Ramsey Lewis or Sérgio Mendes on speed playing a version of Riders on the storm.

Played this one to death for "the floor" a few years ago and still cannot get tired of it.

Ken my dear chap - that is the best review I have ever read for a record : as you state , it sums up the tune up perfectly .

As for " Voltaire Pier " , was that where the noted French Enlightenment writer , essayist , and philosopher François - Marie Arouet ( 21 November 1694 30 May 1778 ) - better known by the pen name of Voltaire - went to compose his writings in defence of civil liberties , freedom of religion and free trade ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!