Will Hatcher

Guest remus

Guest remus

This would slip nicely in the box!

If you got one, I'll ave it :P

also Walter Jackson-Touching in the dark-keliarts.........my old copy has had to cash its chips in!

Edited by remus
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest remus

This would slip nicely in the box!

If you got one, I'll ave it :P

link

whats the difference between the blue and green issues of this?

(apart form the colour Pete!)

Social source share

Guest remus

Recall reading somewhere that the green ones were second issues - mine's a green copy, bought from Hott Waxx in the late 80's I think...

Hippo.

link

cheers Jerry

Social source share

Recall reading somewhere that the green ones were second issues - mine's a green copy, bought from Hott Waxx in the late 80's I think...

Hippo.

link

Strangely, the same as mine Jerry. :P

Social source share

Guest taffy

The blue is supposed to be the original 1st issue and also has a longer intro - tinkling piano if I remember right - this is omitted I think on the green issue.

Cheers  Girf

link

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT GARETH wink.gif

Social source share

Don't confuse me even more Steve !!  :D

link

'S'alright Girth, the Wand mix didn't come out and was destined as a follow up to his released side on the label - but the Genoveze family called in their debts before it could come out :ohmy: ......BUT it is THE version and makes both the Wheelsville efforts sound decidedly mediocre and flat - with added Tom Moulton mixing "oomph" as well - I used to hammer it to mucho acclaim wherever I DJed. :ohmy:

Social source share

'S'alright Girth, the Wand mix didn't come out and was destined as a follow up to his released side on the label - but the Genoveze family called in their debts before it could come out  :D ......BUT it is THE version and makes both the Wheelsville efforts sound decidedly mediocre and flat -  with added Tom Moulton mixing "oomph" as well - I used to hammer it to mucho acclaim wherever I DJed. :ohmy:

link

Something vaguely rings a bell from hearing it at Soul Essence - along with all the other vagueness caused by being forced to drink huge amounts of alchohol :ohmy::D

Girf

Social source share

'S'alright Girth, the Wand mix didn't come out and was destined as a follow up to his released side on the label - but the Genoveze family called in their debts before it could come out  :no: ......BUT it is THE version and makes both the Wheelsville efforts sound decidedly mediocre and flat -  with added Tom Moulton mixing "oomph" as well - I used to hammer it to mucho acclaim wherever I DJed. :thumbsup:

link

I always enjoy hearing your unreleased version of it Stevie BUT to call the Blue version flat & mediocre - sorry can't agree with you there matey!!!!!!! The Green reissue version is a bit thin and watery but to me the Blue Original is FANTASTIC and timeless........in fact i think it's time it was dug out by everyone and their dog and hammered again. I bet the Northern scene would go with it this time 'round too!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I've always been confused by this, too. Mine is light blue, but I always assumed it was the re-issue: I think I bought it off Rod Dearlove in about '87. Can anyone post up a soundfile of the green label cut for comparison.

I agree with both Steves in a way: Mr G's acetate version blew me away, but think Mr Plumb is right about the Northern scene being "ready" for the released version now.

Social source share

I always enjoy hearing your unreleased version of it Stevie BUT to call the Blue version flat & mediocre - sorry can't agree with you there matey!!!!!!! The Green reissue version is a bit thin and watery but to me the Blue Original is FANTASTIC and timeless........in fact i think it's time it was dug out by everyone and their dog and hammered again. I bet the Northern scene would go with it this time 'round too!

Cheers

Steve

link

Fair do's mate, I was probably over-dissing it in heinsight - if I didn't have the acetate I'd certainly play the released version no question.

Social source share

Guest remus

I've always been confused by this, too. Mine is light blue, but I always assumed it was the re-issue: I think I bought it off Rod Dearlove in about '87. Can anyone post up a soundfile of the green label cut for comparison.

I agree with both Steves in a way: Mr G's acetate version blew me away, but think Mr Plumb is right about the Northern scene being "ready" for the released version now.

link

Bought a blue copy at the same time as you of Rod and assumed it to be a re-issue!, sold it on for a green issue which I thought was first, the Green one looks more authentic. My green copy is CF++ , (completeley f***ed) hence I need another asap whistling.gif

Social source share

It`s been reissued on both green and blue labels.The only original version i know of is on a blue label and has a piano intro whereas the reissues do not.

Agree with Steve P that it`s a great track crying out for re-activation.I also enjoy hearing Steve G`s acetate as it offers a different take of the track and is more dancefloor friendly.

Mark H

Social source share

It`s been reissued on both green and blue labels.The only original version i know of is on a blue label and has a piano intro whereas the reissues do not.

Agree with Steve P that it`s a great track crying out for re-activation.I also enjoy hearing Steve G`s acetate as it offers a different take of the track and is more dancefloor friendly.

Mark H

link

Cheers Lads :ohmy: - I think I'll start playing it again - it has been "rested" for a while now. :P

Social source share

Mark H

link

I think you're right there Mark - the reissues (green or blue) don't have that great piano intro.

I think we've all talked ourselves into reactivating it too :ohmy:

Cheers

Steve P

Social source share

Guest remus

I think you're right there Mark - the reissues (green or blue) don't have that great piano intro.

I think we've all talked ourselves into reactivating it too  :ohmy:

Cheers

Steve P

link

so,...where's my copy then? :P

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest The Valley Walker

Come on you lot give me yours. You can always get another copy! :unsure:

link

I have the green copy if you still want it ?

Social source share

Source Advert