Paul-s

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

and was it a bargain at $439no.gif oryes.gif

There was I watching this for 7 days ready to get the finger on the button ...waiting patiently to pounce like a panther...keepin it all to meself :wicked:

And then in the last seconds heart pounding...I placed my bid......I CAME 14th :excl::no:

Social source share

Remember playing this out at the Marrs Bar nighter over a year ago, fairly good but couldn't quite get on with it myself so few months later sold it on for £100, just proves the point that my taste is obviously sh1te :laugh:

Social source share

Guest smigger

Della Reese 99 and a half comes to mind! Like the funky take though.

Not that one I'm affraid.

The one I'm on about has the same backing and same style of singing.

Lyrics start off with, as far as I can remember "I was born...." and somewhere down the line the lady sings something like " I tried" or "I cried".....

Still driving me around the bend

Social source share

There was I watching this for 7 days ready to get the finger on the button ...waiting patiently to pounce like a panther...keepin it all to meself shhh.gif

And then in the last seconds heart pounding...I placed my bid......I CAME 14th huh.giftongue.gif

Yea, you can't really know if it's a bargain these days until the auction is over.

So many times I got my hopes up about getting a nice bargain, but it always turns out the same way, and the price multiplies by 10 or so.

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

If it was a bargain, How much will someone give me for a m- copy?

Nobody said it was a bargain!! In fact it sold way over the top!

Social source share

Nobody said it was a bargain!! In fact it sold way over the top!

The other copy that sold on ebay was for approx $380 and I had a slightly damaged (but perfectly playable) copy sell for around $275. Plus also it's finally getting some exposure apart from just a couple of radio spins.

Quality sound IMO.

Social source share

Yea, you can't really know if it's a bargain these days until the auction is over.

So many times I got my hopes up about getting a nice bargain, but it always turns out the same way, and the price multiplies by 10 or so.

I really don't see the point of posting a link to a live ebay auction, in this case I don't see a motive other than a record that the poster already owns (which he admits to owning) that he wants to maintain the value of, either because it somehow maintains its reputation as "top spin" or because he might even sell it later and doesn't want it to go low. Pretty weak. I hate when people post links to live ebay auctions here and I hate the stupid ebay ads here too, as it draws attention to stuff that I might otherwise get cheap as a buyer (but at least that probably gets Mike some money for the site).

Social source share

I AM IN SHOCK. How can this sell for so much.....Sorry, but to my ears it's a pile of waterry plink plink chicka wow-wow... Why don't people pay money for a proper dancefloor northern record like Go-Go Girl, push a little harder or too much a part of me......Who's runnin' the shop whilst the boss is out?

Edited by posstot
Social source share

"I really don't see the point of posting a link to a live ebay auction, in this case I don't see a motive other than a record that the poster already owns (which he admits to owning) that he wants to maintain the value of, either because it somehow maintains its reputation as "top spin" or because he might even sell it later and doesn't want it to go low. Pretty weak. I hate when people post links to live ebay auctions here and I hate the stupid ebay ads here too, as it draws attention to stuff that I might otherwise get cheap as a buyer (but at least that probably gets Mike some money for the site). "

The record is ok (and i am a big fan of newies and this type of record) but i wholeheartedly agree with the above.....please get rid of the ebay links!! People often post the auctions because they don't like the idea of a 45 of theirs going cheap, however I'm sure there were also quit a few people with this on their watch list anyway judging by the number of bids that supposedly came in at the end.

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

Thats why we're here isn't it? If we were discussing new 'general' soul or gospel discoveries there'd only be 3 members of the forum.

No, not at all. If we would discuss northern related stuff only it would be so boring. Hell I'm glad that this board is open minded otherwise I wouldn't be here!

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

I really don't see the point of posting a link to a live ebay auction, in this case I don't see a motive other than a record that the poster already owns (which he admits to owning) that he wants to maintain the value of, either because it somehow maintains its reputation as "top spin" or because he might even sell it later and doesn't want it to go low. Pretty weak. I hate when people post links to live ebay auctions here and I hate the stupid ebay ads here too, as it draws attention to stuff that I might otherwise get cheap as a buyer (but at least that probably gets Mike some money for the site).

Totally agree!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!