A Weekend In Detroit

Guest Mark D

Guest Mark D

I have the unexpected luxury of a free weekend in Detroit coming up -- does anyone have any tips, locations, shops etc... for doing a spot of record hunting?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have the unexpected luxury of a free weekend in Detroit coming up -- does anyone have any tips, locations, shops etc... for doing a spot of record hunting?

Will you have a car Mark ?

Is it just record shop tips you're looking for or other things to do while in D-Town ?

Ali

Social source share

Is D-Town a term used by those who have visited Detroit? That maybe sets them apart from those that haven't, or is it easier to type or something?

Never been and probably never will go so can't help, would love a freebie though, enjoy!!!!!

Its easier to type tongue.gif

Social source share

Guest Mark D

Will you have a car Mark ?

Is it just record shop tips you're looking for or other things to do while in D-Town ?

Ali

Hi Ali -- yep I'll have a car so I can head off anywhere. If you have any tips on other stuff then sure why not.

Cheers Mark

Social source share

Guest soulful ady

Hi Mark,have u tried the forum on "soulfuldetroit.com" there very friendly and i'm sure some of the locals will meet up and give you a tour.

Hope this helps Cheers and ave a great time sure u will..Ady

Social source share

Check out People's Records (Brad Hales) on Woodward Avenue and the Record Graveyard in Hamtramck. Either will point you in the direction of the other.

Sunday morning head for the flea market in Royal Oak, but you'll need to be early, lots of record hounds there.

Dave.

PS just found the address of The Graveyard

10201 Joseph Campau St

Hamtramck, MI 48212

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Guest Mark D

Hi Mark,have u tried the forum on "soulfuldetroit.com" there very friendly and i'm sure some of the locals will meet up and give you a tour.

Hope this helps Cheers and ave a great time sure u will..Ady

Thanks Ady, I'll take a look and see what they suggest.

Social source share

Guest Mark D

Check out People's Records (Brad Hales) on Woodward Avenue and the Record Graveyard in Hamtramck. Either will point you in the direction of the other.

Sunday morning head for the flea market in Royal Oak, but you'll need to be early, lots of record hounds there.

Dave.

PS just found the address of The Graveyard

10201 Joseph Campau St

Hamtramck, MI 48212

Thanks Dave -- I know Royal Oak so worth a trip. Wasn't it People's Records the one that had the fire...?

Social source share

Hi Ali -- yep I'll have a car so I can head off anywhere. If you have any tips on other stuff then sure why not.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

I've pm'd you the little I know about Detroit which I hope will assist you.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time & I'm dead jealous!! (is there room for a little un in your case pls? ha ha!)

ATB

Ali x

Social source share

Guest Zaktrane

I used to live in Detroit and used to go to these shops frequently: Car City Records (St. Claire Shores), Street Corner Music (Southfield), Wazoo Records (Ann Arbor) . . . it's been a little while though, so not sure how their stock is these days. Soulful Detroit is a great forum too, like mentioned before. I'll be going back home early September for the incredible Detroit Jazz Festival, can't wait!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert