Frank Dell

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

" he broke your game wide open " anyone have an up to date price for this beaut'???

Thanx in advance

Richard

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

" he broke your game wide open " anyone have an up to date price for this beaut'???

Thanx in advance

Richard

link

There`s album on guiness records,i have been told theyre boots i myself dont think so?,can anybody tell me more,some great stuff put out on this dubious label,you dont see em` much anymore,but they are out there!! :P

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

The red label copy ended yesterday @ ebay, the price was $ 611.

Cheers, Martin

link

I`ll try find me the album,must be easier than scraping up $611,another great tune out my price range,oh well!! :P

Social source share

Guest miff

:P One of my all time faves love it to bits. One of the few records I own on a boot. But its just to good not to be able to play at home on a 45 (aploigies to all the purists out there)

He broke yore game wide open

Just girl like you broke my heart

Tell me how you like it

Who hasant been there? Just Awesome :P

Social source share

There`s album on guiness records,i have been told theyre boots i myself dont think so?,can anybody tell me more,some great stuff put out on this dubious label,you dont see em` much anymore,but they are out there!! :P

link

=========================================

The Guinness album is a lot rarer than the 45 and defo not a boot, most albums

on the Guinness label are hard pieces to locate !!!

I have the album but unless I get offered a decent trade its staying

put in the loft !!! :P

Social source share

Guest miff

put in the loft !!! :P

link

What is the point on keeping any record in the loft

If you dont want it or like it sell it to some one who wants it

Ive given records away to people I know will apprehate them and are not going to sell them on If I no longer like them or have grown board of them

A record in the loft is doing nothing to no one a record in the record room gets played and looked at

Rant over I will go back to painting my lads bedroom

Edited by miff
Social source share

I don't know whether the LP was a boot or not but according to an old 'shades' review 'the whole set up was a money scam by two doctors.' There's a great James Conwell LP on the same label which is dated as a 1977 release [orig cuts tho'], easier to find than Frank Dell I think [ie: I've seen it a couple of times so not exactly scientific fact.] The jimmy conwell was reished on cd a few years back [fiver in berwick st.] so maybe frank dell was too. The valise 45 went over the top on ebay, I'd say £200 max for red label , 50 - 75 less if your luck's running good [ and i'm not just saying that cos i'm after a copy myself!] Half that [at most] for the LP would be fair i reckon, then again we live in a world where some people believe billy hambric on drum will sell for 300 notes, so who knows?

Social source share

I don't know whether the LP was a boot or not but according to an old 'shades' review 'the whole set up was a money scam by two doctors.' There's a great James Conwell LP on the same label  which is dated as a 1977 release [orig cuts tho'], easier to find than Frank Dell I think [ie: I've seen it a couple of times so not exactly scientific fact.] The jimmy conwell was reished on cd a few years back [fiver in berwick st.] so maybe frank dell was too. The valise 45 went over the top on ebay, I'd say £200 max for red label , 50 - 75 less if your luck's running good [ and i'm not just saying that cos i'm after a copy myself!] Half that [at most] for the LP would be fair i reckon, then again we live in a world where some people believe billy hambric on drum will sell for 300 notes, so who knows?

link

I think theyre something not right about em`,as for Iansloft what a load of rubbish he`s talking,keep it in the loft,rarer than 45,original etc,had loads of other stuff on the label,one by a indian,with stomping version of "only your love can save me" on,if ian wants to think again i will offer £50,and i think that might be too much! wink.gif

Social source share

What is the point on keeping any record in the loft

If you dont want it or like it sell it to some one who wants it

Ive given records away to people I know will apprehate them and are not going to sell them on If I no longer like them or have grown board of them

A record in the loft is doing nothing to no one a record in the record room gets played and looked at

Rant over I will go back to painting my lads bedroom

link

===================================

What do you think IANCSLOFT is A TORTURE CHAMBER :P

its my record room as plenty of soulies who have visited it

will tell you wink.gif Many a skint collecter has gone home from the loft

with some great 45,s :P:D

Social source share

I think theyre something not right about em`,as for Iansloft what a load of rubbish he`s talking,keep it in the loft,rarer than 45,original etc,had loads of other stuff on the label,one by a indian,with stomping version of "only your love can save me" on,if ian wants to think again i will offer £50,and i think that might be too much! wink.gif

link

================================================

If you think its easy to get hold of the LP that is put it this way over the

years I have had at least a dozen copies of the 45 and only two LP.s

one which I sold Steve Conner years ago and to the guy who thinks its worth half of what the 45 is .......Get a copy if you can :P

Social source share

put in the loft !!! wink.gif

link

===============================================

What I meant to say is the albums which are Northern/ crossover related

are hard to locate :P:P

Social source share

When you compare the intro on the 45 to the album, they're different. Also, the vocal on the album sounds a bit stronger to me. Has anyone else noticed this?

I must admit, i've only had one copy of the album, but must have had at least 8 or so copies of the single pass through.

Pottsy.

P.S.

Sorry Kenny, i don't have the album any longer, otherwise i'd let you have it mate.

Social source share

Guest remus

When you compare the intro on the 45 to the album, they're different. Also, the vocal on the album sounds a bit stronger to me. Has anyone else noticed this?

I must admit, i've only had one copy of the album, but must have had at least 8 or so copies of the single pass through.

Pottsy.

P.S.

Sorry Kenny, i don't have the album any longer, otherwise i'd let you have it mate.

link

I thought the Guiness label started early 70's!?, If so, it's a re-issue wink.gif

Social source share

What do you think IANCSLOFT is A TORTURE CHAMBER  :P

will tell you  :P Many a skint collecter has gone home from the loft

with some great 45,s  :D   :P

link

Many a skint collector has gone home skinter!!! blush.gif .

Social source share

I thought the Guiness label started early 70's!?, If so, it's a re-issue wink.gif

link

You mean there another first issue?what label?how much?...... :P

Social source share

Guest remus

put in the loft !!! wink.gif

link

it might be rarer than the 45 but the LP only goes for £15-20, coz its a RE-ISSUE!

Social source share

That's correct remus, infact i think the Frank Dell was from mid to late 70's.

O.k, so can someone please sell Kenny a copy of this re-issue album for a tenner wink.gif

link

Thanks pottsy,keep a eye-out you will be compensated acordingly,anyway potsy what are they reissued from?....... :P

Social source share

Guest miff

What do you think IANCSLOFT is A TORTURE CHAMBER  :D

will tell you  :P Many a skint collecter has gone home from the loft

with some great 45,s  :D   :P

link

blush.gif OK Point taken, my appoligies to you :P

Social source share

I wonder if the nice people from the USA can shed more light,i would think not too rare over there,and there was Guiness label in UK so this might explain why theyer rare over here?... wink.gif

Social source share

Guest miff

Frank Dell - top tune for Ian Clark.

Heard it played recently at an oldies nite. Cleared the floor (almost) & the DJ apologised.

I was stunned.

Col.

link

Someone played it at Cleethorpes to a full floor and a few claps as well. or was I in a world of my own again wacko.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Never really liked this record, not sure why - maybe harks back to a depressing time or sommat. :P

Got spins at The Plinston not long back. Gonna dig out me VALSIE pressing right now and listen with an open mind thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

Frank Dell - top tune for Ian Clark.

Heard it played recently at an oldies nite. Cleared the floor (almost) & the DJ apologised.

I was stunned.

Col.

link

Sums up 'oldies night' eh!

The Dj must have been a right W***er to apologise for playing a record that he or she had in their play box! :graywanker:

Edited by remus
Social source share

got a bootleg for sale, make me a sensible offer

link

£1 boot,£90 the real thing! :angry:

Social source share

Guest remus

Re-issue ????????????? The G album is a first issue album so where on earth

do you get re-issue from.....the album as never come out before on any other

label ? Confused you bet I am  :ohmy:

link

Refering to the "He broke your game" track.........obviously! :ohmy:

Social source share

Ive got the guiness album[15 to 20 my arse find one] and played it sat nite at the heavenly blocked wk ender to a packed floor and a round of applause,sorry kenny m8 will be keeping it. :ohmy: .

link

Bit awkward carrying round the lp though!,what about the double standards here?,as this is not a licensed or a propper boner-fied copy ie;bootleg?,begs the quiestion is it acceptable to play this at a serious upfront do?........ :D anyway i did offer £50,i will have not post anymore wants on here,done 4 results 1,which failed to get here!... :ohmy:

Social source share

if frank dell is worth $600+ i've got one for sale

link

That £300 in real money,these fukcing money launders got a lot to answer for :ohmy: ,the short answer is no!! :ohmy:

Social source share

Again, are these prices I see bandied about actual attainable prices?

I flogged a mint Valise copy on Ebay for £155 probably 6-8 month back.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!