Fancy Another Sunday Picture Quiz?

Godzilla

Last week's went down ok and had the bizarre side effect of creating a bit of demand (well one person anyway) for Jackie Forrest's "Show Me How To Love" :yes:

Here's another one. Personally I think it will be a bit easier once you get on the right track - but who knows? Staying with the tradition, this guy is connected with the rather 'left field' side of Northern Soul.

The more people join in the better it is and there's no shame in having a guess, so please have a go :thumbup:

post-1918-12504390961075_thumb.png

Here's our mystery geezer

Social source share

• Replies 101
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Last week's went down ok and had the bizarre side effect of creating a bit of demand (well one person anyway) for Jackie Forrest's "Show Me How To Love" :yes:

Here's another one. Personally I think it will be a bit easier once you get on the right track - but who knows? Staying with the tradition, this guy is connected with the rather 'left field' side of Northern Soul.

The more people join in the better it is and there's no shame in having a guess, so please have a go :thumbup:

post-1918-12504390961075_thumb.png

Here's our mystery geezer

Ral Donner or Max Byegraves.Billy Vera even.

Edited by ken
Social source share

...just what is 'left-field' mean and while l'm asking,mid or right field...lt's Charlie Gracie innit? :yes::thumbup:

By left field I meant records played at UK soul clubs that wouldn't have been considered soul records anywhere else. Or anywhen maybe?

As a rock n roller, Charlie Gracie would fit into that category. Ain't him though...

post-1918-12504409983025.jpg

Charlie Gracie

Social source share

...Always thought that JF was a C&W singer......Is it Johnny Bristol!! :thumbup:

Fuller stsrted off doing rockabilly and grew into a phenomenal writer, doing stuff for everybody from the Union Gap to O c Smith. He wrote the garage classic "Lies" for the knickerbockers - a fantastic early Beatles type rocker and also wrote "Show and Tell' as cut by Al Wilson among others.

It's not Johnny Bristol either mate

JohnnyBristol.jpg

Social source share

....Got it!!!!!!Mike McDonald!! :thumbup:

Doobie Brothers were a white soul act mate. This fellow is NOT A SOUL ACT - but like I said he's connected in a way with black music. Or maybe that should be black art or maybe culture. Some folks at the time would argue about that though.

Social source share

Should have said before - I'll take questions, same as last week. Only those that I can give a 'Yes' or 'No' answer to though :thumbup:

In the photo, the backdrop look like something from the 50's and the trombone suggests he's the trombonist in a 'band', rather than a member of R&B / R&R beat combo, or is that a red herring? If not, is he xxxxx & the somethings? And his name is the same on the record?

I keep thinking of the likes of Bob Kuban, Frankie Ford, Bill Black's Combo, Am I barking up the right tree?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!