Ebay Sellers - Beware Of Northerne1960 And Billymomma

Gene-R

To those of you who sell to soul & ska collectors on Ebay, beware of northerne1960 (from France) and billymomma (from the USA).

They have both bid on items (OK, £15 and £26 isn't a great deal, but it's the principle), have not paid up, and have both allowed an Unpaid Item Dispute to run its course. Deadbeat timewasters, both of them, despite the fact they have 100% positive feedback over the past year.

In the case of billymomma, she bid on an item of mine. She won the same item from another seller at a slightly lower price, but did not cancel her bid with me. Obviously, she chose to ignore the dispute and strike against her.

What really p*sses me off is that we can block these timewasters, but we can't leave them good, honest negative or even neutral feedback for what they've done.

My advice to you, if they bid on your items, is to send them a message making sure they'll pay, or otherwise remove their bids and block them.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

I got offered a record on here 2 weeks back, only to find th owner was already offering it for sale on ebay......

sellers can be as bad as buyers

What's wrong with that?

If you'd accepted the offer the seller could easily have ended the auction or BIN immediately. If no-one had already bid (if it was an auction) then no probs.

Social source share

I got offered a record on here 2 weeks back, only to find th owner was already offering it for sale on ebay......

sellers can be as bad as buyers

And?

I put records on here first, if they don't sell I sometimes put them on ebay while the list remains on here.

Whats up with that?

Social source share

The current eco-climate dictates that everybody has to work a lot harder to make a buck - I offer my stuff all over the place - I have to - to not do so would be just plain daft...sure - I'd rather avoid dicking around on eBay but if stuff doesn't move either thru my own site or on here or any of the other sites I sell my records on - what other alternative do I have?

Social source share

And?

I put records on here first, if they don't sell I sometimes put them on ebay while the list remains on here.

Whats up with that?

Depends on the circumstances.

To my mind, it's wrong for a list to be put on here at the same time as listing the same records on ebay - worse still if the records are live on ebay before getting listed here.

In my case, I saw a recent listing on here, offered a price, received and accepted a counter offer, and then saw that the exact same 45 had been live on ebay for nearly a week and had live bids. That is shitty.

Social source share

Depends on the circumstances.

To my mind, it's wrong for a list to be put on here at the same time as listing the same records on ebay - worse still if the records are live on ebay before getting listed here.

In my case, I saw a recent listing on here, offered a price, received and accepted a counter offer, and then saw that the exact same 45 had been live on ebay for nearly a week and had live bids. That is shitty.

But lists stay on here like, forever, once they are posted

Social source share

But lists stay on here like, forever, once they are posted

Of course, and that's why I said it depends on the circumstances.

I don't want to get into contract law, but you listing records on here and me saying I would like one is not a valid contract. It is only a valid contract if I offer to buy one at a price and you accept my offer.

Auctions are different. If you offer and I accept, then we have a contract (assuming my bid is the highest) - that's why you get the contract warning everytime you put a bid on ebay.

In this case, I am talking about a £200+ 45. Not something you would normally have multiple copies of.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!