2nd LIFELINE NITER

Well what can i say....

Got there later than i would have liked.....

(Anyone who knows me will probably be pissin' their pants at me making such a statement!!)

Anyway.....if you've all stopped laughing.....i shall continue!

After having got there later than i would have liked - Sheridans was buzzing!

Sorry, BUZZING!!

The music - in my oppinion - was far better than the 1st one - with the exeption of Marco, who wasn't on this time but should have been, as the spot he played at the last Lifeline should have earned him a residency!! Way to go !! (again- IMO)

The dance floor though was more than just a little bit slippy - to say the least!

You took your life in your hands every time you went for a bop.

Did that stop anybody going for it - did it heck!!

All in all - another TOP night - well done lads!!

But the question on everyones lips is -

......"Was it worth risking life and limb just to have a dance?"

and the answer to that is a resounding... "TOO F***ING RIGHT IT WAS!!!"

Loads, Joan xxx

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Is Marco a cover up name for DJs??

I know of at least three different guys called Marco who DJ.

Can be a trifle confusing.

Can I add that Marco is my fave Marco ;-)

Can I add that Marco is my fave Marco  ;-)

Only one Marco that counts in this instance.... Marco Santucci. He did a great set at the last one. Heard him at the 100 club too and was just as good then, in fact I recommended him to Andy when thinking of which guest to have for the first one.

Guest in town Mikey

I agree. Heard Marco S DJ for the first time at These Old Shoes a few years ago. I had literally popped in and had a colleague in a car outside ready to whisk me off to catch a plane. Marco played 6 mid tempo female vocal records in a row, each one getting better than the last one. I just could not leave the room. It was physically impossible. Words dont do justice to the quality of those tunes. None I had heard before, and I should really ask him if he remembers any of them, or still plays them.

I agree with Chalky and recommend to anyone who gets a chance to hear him do his stuff to take a chance. If you want to hear top quality tunes that you rarely get to hear anywhere else.

Also Marco and Rob Holmes are on Jim's website www.soulcast.com . having a drunken laugh doing about 90 minutes. Well worth a listen.

Can I add that Marco is my fave Marco  ;-)

Yeah ....... but out of the three or more DJ's called Marco you know .....

only one DJ'd at the 1st Lifeline ......didn't they?

Guest in town Mikey

But I didnt go Joan. So when someone says Marco DJ'd its difficult to know which one it was.

Like when I was growing up in Gloucestershire, and people would say Ady is djing at Wheelrights. I wondered if they meant Ady Pountain, Ady Croasdel or Ady Pearce. Not that it mattered i would go anyway, but when someone has a not too uncommon first name, and there are a few others Djing with the same first name, it kinda helps those not in the know if you can be a little more precise.

That sounds like a moan , but it isnt. I was just confused over who djed up there.

Mike

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ady Pountain, Ady Croasdel or Ady Pearce.

Not a bad choice to be stuck with though eh Mickey???? Ady Pountain is probably still one of my favourite DJ's to this day, you can always garauntee something different in his spots and what a lovely bloke he is too.

John

Guest in town Mikey

Absolutely, except he sold a copy of Willie and the Mighty Magnificents - Souling, to my friend Darleene, when he knew I wanted a copy. I was furious, ever wondered why he emigrated ;-)

Guest in town Mikey

Johnny I believe you are from Cornwall?? Two good friends of mine moved there in eighties. Tammy and Alison. I think they lived in some place called Lanner. Do you know them?? They took me to an alldayer in the Tall Trees in Newquay, way back. Did you used to come up to Yate with the Cornish lot?

Guest Johnny One Trout

Johnny I believe you are from Cornwall??  Two good friends of mine moved there in eighties. Tammy and Alison. I think they lived in some place called Lanner. Do you know them?? They took me to an alldayer in the Tall Trees in Newquay, way back. Did you used to come up to Yate with the Cornish lot?

Not far off Mikey, I lived in Newquay from 1983 until nearly 2 years ago now and although i went to Yate quite regularly before that i always knocked around with the Stoke crew (I'm from Congleton) so we went down on the Coaches organised by Tim Ashebende and Dave Allcock.

Saying that i know most of the Cornwall soulies (but not those two) and even ran a few nights down there with my old mucker Lee Vowles.

John

btw I live in your old neck of the woods now (I assume) Cheltenham do you know my wife Alison Holden nee Playfair (was married to Budgie) ?

Guest in town Mikey

Janine asked me if I knew Alison. Off hand I dont, but if I saw her maybe I would. I left Glos about 89 when I moved to Manchester and left soul. Hippo used to pull my leg about moving there, but I was working with live bands at the time so used to hang out at gigs or indie do's. Made a nice break anyway. I still see some of the people I knew back then like Mark George, Steve Smith, Brian the face, and a few of the lads and lasses who often make it to the 100 club still.

Alison and Tammy moved about mid 80s, from my home town, Alison was seeing a mod type called Roy for years.

Guest Johnny One Trout

Janine asked me if I knew Alison. Off hand I dont, but if I saw her maybe I would. I left Glos about 89 when I moved to Manchester and left soul. Hippo used to pull my leg about moving there, but I was working with live bands at the time so used to hang out at gigs or indie do's. Made a nice break anyway. I still see some of the people I knew back then like Mark George, Steve Smith, Brian the face, and a few of the lads and lasses who often make it to the 100 club still.

Alison and Tammy moved about mid 80s, from my home town, Alison was seeing a mod type called Roy for years.

OOOppps could be going off topic here then but if you were knocking around Manchester at that time with the Indie bands of the day perhaps you may have come across my sister Debbie Nightingale and her rogueish husband Bowser (a bit of a face on that scene) Bowser was a roadie with New Order and various other bands and then they started up their own concert catering business "Little Red Courgette"

John

Guest in town Mikey

Bet we know loads of mutual people. I see you will be at the girly niter on saturday. Will have to have a chat and a beer.

Seeing you all seem to have gone off what the original thread was...........

SHERIDENS.......Was absolutly Awesome on Saturday Night. If you didn't go what was you doing instead, cause you missed out BIG TIME !!!!!!!!

I think we could go as far as calling it the 100 club of the north.

Great atmosphere, knowledgeable people, great music, ....The business !