Modern Soul, Jazz, African, & Folk Rock Lps

Guest jinx74

Guest jinx74

All records are originals. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via PM or email: vinylarc@hotmail.com

Shipping in the US is $8 Priority + $2 each addition vinyl. International is $14 + $3 each additional vinyl.

Sorry i am not taking trades at the time.

Thanks for looking.

$25 Dzadzelo - Two Paddy - made in Ghana - VG+ light surface marks does not affect play

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

$30 Northern Lights - s/t - North Coast Records - made in Ohio 1983 AOR Synth Rock - VG+

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

$60 Cashman Vaquero Band - In Memory of Berry Oakley - made in SF - VG+

From AA: Most references describe the album as being Allman Brothers-styled Southern rock. That's not quite right. I certainly hear Allman-influences, particularly in some of the Cashman-Sadus guitar interplay, but the set's far more diverse than that. With the exception of a mildly-jazzy cover of John Mayall's 'California', the set boasts original material that finds the band taking stabs at conventional boogie ('Down In the Belly'), country-rock (the pretty ballad 'Driving Me Crazy') lite-jazz ('View from a Mountain Peak') and even Santana-styled Latin rock ('Security'). Cashman and Sadus share vocal duties and they both have pretty good voices. Judging by the liner notes Sadus apparently died while the album was being made, but between his work and that of guest guitarist Robert John Guziejka (who contributed a couple of songs and played with Cashman and Oakley in their garage band days), there are quite a few tasty lead guitars scattered throughout the set including some Duane Allman-styled runs on 'Good Days' and some jazzy scatting on 'There's No Tellin'. Curiously, at least to my ears the biographical tribute title track is the least impressive effort. There's also a pre-LP 45 on the small Bridgeville label. [sB]

~~~

Here's some more info on the band and LP, from main guy Cashman himself: "Bob Guziejka (ga-j-ka) (guitar), Ron Sadus (drums), Berry Oakley (guitar), and Jerry Kokus (bass) had a band together (The Vibratones). I didn't play in that band, but Bob, Ron [then on bass] and myself playing drums had a trio called "Satish-chada" from 1968 to 1971. I moved to California in 1971 and Ron and Bob came out in February of 1972. We went into Wally Heiders Studio in LA and did a few recording sessions. The only tunes that sounded good were 'Good Days', 'Drivin Me Crazy' and 'Security.' Ron and Bob went back to Chicago and those tapes sat in the can until 1975. I met James Vincent in San Francisco where I was working as a street artist in 1975. We got together and rehearsed some of my tunes in Marin. In April 1975 we went into Wally Heiders with the other musicians and recorded [what was to become] side 2 of the album live. The lead guitar on 'California' and 'Down In the Belly were later overdubed by Joel Manchak in Chicago. The lead guitar on 'Security', the twin leads on 'Good Days' and all of the leads on side 2 were by Vincent. 'Vaquero' or cowboy is the name I picked after we put out the 45, because James Vincent got signed to Caribou Records and I couldn't use his name. I decided on Vaquero because I had worked on a cattle ranch and [had done] some bareback bronco riding in Utah. As for the album title track, Ron Sadus the bassist wrote the instrumental tune and I added the lyrics. The instrumental tune has a beautiful twin guitar solo throughout the tune. When we did it in the studio, I had completely rearranged the tune and that was the last time I performed that tune. The 45 had just a slight difference in the final mix. Sadly, Sadus passed away in July 1978. He was 30 years old. The album was released in 1979."

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

$40 Kickland & Johnson - Clay County - Effenar Records - Folk Rock made in Nebraska 1974 - VG+

From AA: Hippie folkrock/s-sw in a James Taylor bag with nasal vocals, rock setting plus harmonica and piano. J Clemetson is given credit on the sleeve, and wrote several of the songs. Not psychedelic in any way. Ed Johnson did a solo LP in 1977, "Homespun", with the same guys helping out.

IMG_6529.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

$50 Spheeris & Voudouris - s/t - made in Wisconsin 1978 - vinyl VG+ jacket VG

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

$50 Celestine Ukwu & His Philosophers National - Ejim Nk'onye - Philips - made in Nigeria 1975 - VG+ with light surface marks that do not affect play

IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

$125 Cool Notes - Down to Earth - Mass Media Music - Boogie, Modern Soul w/ I Forgot How to Love You - made in UK 1981 - VG+

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

$20 Winstons - Color Him Father - Metromedia - VG+

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

$10 Kool & the Gang - Jazz - Delite - VG+

$10 Ladzekpo Brothers - Ritual Music of the Yeve - A West African God of Thunder - Makossa - VG+

$15 Art Ensemble of Chicago - Certain Blacks - Inner City - VG+

$15 Pharoah Sanders - Live at the East - Impulse - VG+

IMG_6539.jpg

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jinx74

Is *Soul* Source REALLY the right place to be selling stuff like this?

yes actually it is. ive had quite a few people buy things here other than soul. there also isnt any wording saying that it is restricted to just northern soul/funk records either.

if you do not like this "stuff" then you dont have to pay attention to my posts. thanks for playing!

Social source share

Thing is jinx74 , Mark Res probably does like this stuff:yes: check out his web site www.resolutionrecords.co.uk

Thing is Mark Res , jinx74 has sold non soul stuff on here before:chinstroke:

Peace guys:thumbup: its all good.....................I'm interested to know whats on the Pharoah Sanders LP fer sure............but then again y'all know I'm twisted:thumbup:

Cheers Paul

Thi

Social source share

yes actually it is. ive had quite a few people buy things here other than soul. there also isnt any wording saying that it is restricted to just northern soul/funk records either.

if you do not like this "stuff" then you dont have to pay attention to my posts. thanks for playing!

You are all wrong mate - I love this sorta stuff and regularly sell loads of it, check my site - but it has no place on a *largely* soul-based website...Folk LPs DEFINITELY have no place on here...Jazz / African LPs I can undertstand as they are largely 'black' music - interpret the wording how of the Moderators however you like. Poll 100 members on here and more than 90% of em will have zero interest in Folk LPs - wanna sell Folk LPs? Find a Folk site and sell em on there - or put em on eBay - but please refrain from putting em up for sale on here - you are simply clogging up an already over-subscribed sales page with stuff that would definitely be better placed elsewhere...

Anybody else agree? Disagree?

Social source share

Guest jinx74

You are all wrong mate - I love this sorta stuff and regularly sell loads of it, check my site - but it has no place on a *largely* soul-based website...Folk LPs DEFINITELY have no place on here...Jazz / African LPs I can undertstand as they are largely 'black' music - interpret the wording how of the Moderators however you like. Poll 100 members on here and more than 90% of em will have zero interest in Folk LPs - wanna sell Folk LPs? Find a Folk site and sell em on there - or put em on eBay - but please refrain from putting em up for sale on here - you are simply clogging up an already over-subscribed sales page with stuff that would definitely be better placed elsewhere...

Anybody else agree? Disagree?

oh so i can only post up 'black' music or music that is just 'black' enough for your standards?

why you feel there is a need to run up on my sales post and pop some tears about a folk record is hilarious to me.

Edited by jinx74
Social source share

oh so i can only post up 'black' music or music that is just 'black' enough for your standards?

why you feel there is a need to run up on my sales post and pop some tears about a folk record is hilarious to me.

Nobody else on here seems to care a crap anymore what goes on around here so do what ya like mate...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert