Wellingborough All - Dayer 2009

Wellingborough All - Dayer 22nd August 2009 1st Anniversary

Would first like to thank everyone who attended and those who travelled from all over the UK to support this event, we had over 600 A BIG THANK YOU.

Would also like to thank all the DJs for there fantastic part in the event.

Sadly towards the end of the night a local soulie collapsed and unfortunately after great efforts from other soulies and paramedics he sadly died, now at this time we cannot give any further details until we speak to the family, i hope you understand.

Our sincere condolences go to the family and close friends.

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Edited by southandnorth
  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Would first like to thank everyone who attended and those who travelled from all over the UK to support this event, we had over 600 A BIG THANK YOU.

Sadly towards the end of the night a local soulie collapsed and unfortunately after great efforts from other soulies and paramedics he died, now at this time we cannot give any further details until we speak to the family, i hope you understand.

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Hi Kev and Gloria,

Many thanks for a cracking day yestaday at wellingborough. What a great venue and cracking people. i loved it and would defo recomend it to anybody. Looking forward to next years alldayer.

Best efforts were given by all to help at the end of the night and my thoughts like everyone else are with the family.

Once again Thanks kev and give yourself a big pat on the back because i just could not fault the event

K.T.F

Danny Clegg

Soul @ The Mill

Sadly towards the end of the night a local soulie collapsed and unfortunately after great efforts from other soulies and paramedics he died, now at this time we cannot give any further details until we speak to the family, i hope you understand.

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Hi Kev & Gloria

Well what can I say...'What a brilliant day big thanks to yourselves and everyone involved, all the DJ's throughout the day' Well done...

Sad, sad news to the end of the night as you say...'Our condolences go out to the family and friends..

Glyn

Absolutely...the dayer was brilliant...and again...condelances..to all family and friends..but also total respect to all the souies present who..when asked to leave ..did so with out question....massive respect to this thing called soul...xxxx

What a total extreme of emotions. It was a fantastic day/evening. I've not experienced an atmosphere so........happy.......... for ages. An absolutely blinding do so well done to Gloria and Kev. Then in total contrast at the end of the night....... My condolences to the family and friends.

Guest kev such

Brilliant day in all respectsregarding the event and was glad to be a part of it.

Sincere condolences to Julie and Family who are in our thoughts.

Kev and Karen

Guest kid mohair

We knew mark well, its just so sad, our love and thoughts are with julie and family.............xx

Edited by kid mohair

Just like to say a big thanks to Kev & Gloria. Kev, it was great meeting you and also having a chat with Tommy Hunt (what a nice man). The venue was fantastic and the music, people and general buzz just seemed to mix perfectly.

I was saddened by the tragic end to the night and would like to offer my condolences to Mark's family and friends.

Mark Chamberlin

Guest bury masonic

Hi Kev + Gloria

Thanks for the fantastic day mate and inviting me to dj

Had a cracking two spots in the small room and main room

What a brilliant venue and a credit to you both for the organization

What a very,very sad ending,it happened right in front of us and it was such a shock!!!

It was good to see so many people doing their utmost best to keep this poor man alive

Everybody who was their and tried their best a credit to you!!!!

Our sincere condolences to family and friends

Dereck + Sheila And Ian + Rita

Bury Masonic Soul Club

Like everyone else there had such a good time but so very sad, we all know time is ticking but take it for granted i came home and told everyone that cares for me how much i loved them and will try to be a better person, my thoughts are with the family and friendsxxxx

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi Kev and Gloria.

We were first timers at the all dayer, had a great time, lovely venue, very friendly atmosphere.

Definately a must for next year.

Great to see a large crowd supporting such a worthy cause.

Please send our condolenses to the family of the man who sadly died.

As we are all one soul family at times like this.

Ali and Clint

Hi Kev & Gloria,

what a wonderful brilliant gig the alldayer turned out to be. Enjoyed my small part playing for you and those there.

Katrina and myself send condolences to those left behind of the dancer who sadly passed away on the day.

All the best to all

Tezz & Katrina

First of all we would like to say a big thank you to you all for supporting this event and the kind remarks we have received, A BIG THANK YOU.

But at the moment our thoughts are with Julie & family, we have just spoken to Julie and she has informed me to let you all know of the tragic circumstances.

Mark Rubenzer aged 44 died of massive heart attack and there would have been nothing that anybody could have done to save him, but Julie would like to thank all those involved in their efforts to try and save him. Julie also stated that Mark was having a good time surrounded by all his friends and his love of the music.

We have also just come back from a meeting with the management at the Castle over next years event which will take place on the 21st August 2010, as you know this event was going to be in memory of June Leighton who sadly passed away this year and all profits going to Cransley Hospice, but after the tragic circumstances of this year, this also must go ahead in Memory of Mark as well, and to the charity that Julie decides.

We raised this year through the Raffle and the All-Dayer CD in the region of £500.00 as we actually ran out of raffle tickets, will give you the correct amount soon, and we would like to say a big thank you, now i have thought hard & long over the last day and have decided to put the money into a separate high interest account to make money, this will then go with next years amount and be split between the 2 Charities.

Also for next year we have applied for a 2am finish and late bar, also a further bar will be installed for this day.

Next year we expect more that would like to come, but we are going to cap it at 600 and tickets will go on sale in the website soon. www.freewebs.com/soulinthehind

Kind regards

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Like everyone else there had such a good time but so very sad, we all know time is ticking but take it for granted i came home and told everyone that cares for me how much i loved them and will try to be a better person, my thoughts are with the family and friendsxxxx

When something like this happens it reminds you how important everyone you know is.

Condolences to Julie and family.

Len and Nina.

A fantastic all dayer,sun was shining, music very good,

but a sad time indeed near the end,our heartfelt condolences go to the family.

A sad loss indeed

Toby (of the 3 amigo's)

Guest Andy Kempster

a tragic end to an otherwise fantastic day out

my best wishes go to marks family although i did not know him personally

its great to know that this event will continue next year and that it will be jointly dedicated to marks memory

best wishes and see you all somewhere soon!

andy (one of the 3 amigos!)

Guest john-h

Condolences to Marks Family ,Julie & close friends to all who assisted ,this was a sad and tragic end to a event where all from North & South came together to enjoy a special day.

john n jules Central Soul Club

Guest malc gibbons

Sadly towards the end of the night a local soulie collapsed and unfortunately after great efforts from other soulies and paramedics he sadly died, now at this time we cannot give any further details until we speak to the family, i hope you understand.

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Guest malc gibbons

Kev & Gloria Bourne

hi kev and gloria.

firstly i must commend you for a fabulous day saturday,fantastic turn out,great music,and brilliant,friendly soulies from all over the country.i would like to send my condolences to marks family from all soulies--------malc/gibby/gibbons

Guest malc gibbons

Kev & Gloria Bourne

hi kev and gloria.

firstly i must commend you for a fabulous day saturday,fantastic turn out,great music,and brilliant,friendly soulies from all over the country.i would like to send my condolences to marks family from all soulies--------malc/gibby/gibbons

Guest malc gibbons

Kev & Gloria Bourne

hi kev and gloria.

Due to the tragic circumstances at the end of the evening, we didn't get to thank every one for their warm welcome & great hospitaility.

We had a wonderful day & will definately be back next year.

The atmosphere was superb & the music varied.

We didn't know Mark but would like to pass on our condolences to his family,

Carol & Chris

Guest bigbouncyal

Hi Kev and Gloria. What a fantastic event. Thank you for asking me to DJ. We all had a wonderful time until the unfortunate loss of Mark. My thoughts go out to Julie and his family.

Next year the weekender was going to be in memory of my wife, June Leighton who passed away earlier this year. But will now be also for Mark and his family.

It will be a honour to share this day in marks memory Many thanks to Kev and Gloria for arranging this.

bigbouncyal

Must agree with everything that everyone has posted on here. We had a lovely day, only saddened by the tragic loss of Mark.

Please could you pass on mine and Gilly's condolences to Julie, family and friends at this very sad time. You are in our thoughts.

Nicola and Gilly x

Edited by Nicola
Guest the saint

Hi Kev and Gloria.

What a fantastic day with our big soul family of friends from all over the country. It was a great honour to be part of the day.

Such a sad and tragic end to the day.

Our sincere condolences go to Julie and family.

Love

Steve and Sally.

Guest soulful ady

Hi Kev & Gloria,Thanks for a great day,we both really enjoyed ourselves,such a sad ending,we didn't know Mark but seen him here and there,such a BIG Smile.please pass on our Condolences to Julie and Marks family

All the Best Ady n Mags.X

Hi Kev Gloria ... Apologies for not being there ..unfortunately as Steve explained ,we spent the weekend in Hospital with my youngest son , who broke his arm quite badly on Saturday ...We were all feeling sorry for ourselves untill we heard the news on Sunday ...kinda put things into perspective really .... heart felt condolences to all. I lost a close mate in similar circumstances a few years back ....just so hard to take in when someone is so young.

Glad you had a good day other wise , you and Gloria put so much effort into it ...big pat on the back ....see you soon Jem thumbsup.gif

Hi Kev Gloria ... Apologies for not being there ..unfortunately as Steve explained ,we spent the weekend in Hospital with my youngest son , who broke his arm quite badly on Saturday ...We were all feeling sorry for ourselves untill we heard the news on Sunday ...kinda put things into perspective really .... heart felt condolences to all. I lost a close mate in similar circumstances a few years back ....just so hard to take in when someone is so young.

Glad you had a good day other wise , you and Gloria put so much effort into it ...big pat on the back ....see you soon Jem thumbsup.gif

Alway's sad when we lose ' one of our own '. Our condolence to the family. Wellingborough holds special memories for me as i'm an ex Peterborough lad. Kep up the good work Kev and Gloria. Stay soulful. Tony T BONE Edgley and Sue. South West Soul, Perth, Western Australia.

Have spoken to Julie and told her about all the messages on this thread and she would like to thank you all.

Julie also asked me to put Mark's photo into our website and a few words, also Mark's best friend Ciro rang me to give me his favorite tracks which has also been added.

The funeral will be sometime next week and i will keep you all posted on this.

As you know next years All-Dayer will be in Memory of Mark Rubenzer and June Leighton and all profits will go to there chosen Charities along with the £567.00 we raised this year.

This year i only made 40 Anniversary CDs and we sold them within the first hour, lots of people on the day wanted one and i did promise to make some more in which all the profits will go towards our collection next year, well these are now on sale in the website if anybody wants one.

We have now all the DJs booked for next year and what a line up.

Sean Chapman, Mick H, Keith Minshull, Rob Smith, Yocky, Little Scotty, Dave Rimmer, Paul Donnelly, Ted Massey, Danny Clegg, Kev Such, Moldie, Steve Towers and many more guests.

If we get the 2am finish this will be 15 hours of soul and we expect tickets will sell fast so we have capped it at 600 and these are now on sale in the website.

Myself & my wife Gloria would like to say a big thank you for supporting this event.

Photos have now been put into the website.

For more info: CLICK HERE

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Edited by southandnorth
Guest twinkleshines

my friend sandy and i came just for the evening and wished we could have done the whole day it was a great night.

condolences go out to the family of mark.

I hope next year to make the whole event.

Anita

my friend sandy and i came just for the evening and wished we could have done the whole day it was a great night.

condolences go out to the family of mark.

I hope next year to make the whole event.

Anita

Hi Anita,

It's a shame you only came at the night, as from the picture below taken at 1430 you can see how busy it was, this is how it was from about 2pm.

post-8457-1251203563686_thumb.jpg

Kev

We raised this year through the Raffle and the All-Dayer CD in the region of £500.00 as we actually ran out of raffle tickets, will give you the correct amount soon, and we would like to say a big thank you, now i have thought hard & long over the last day and have decided to put the money into a separate high interest account to make money, this will then go with next years amount and be split between the 2 Charities.

Just want to explain that this year we made £567.00 through the raffle and the CD, this should have been 3 times this amount but we ran out of raffle tickets, this was my fault as i had bought 2 books of raffle tickets with a thousand tickets and when these were sold they should have been sold separately, but unknown to me were sold in strips, once i found out it was to late, but i take full responsibility as i should have informed them.

That will make me now work even harder on this event next year to make up, plus the CD is now on sale in the website with a free car sticker and all profits will go to this collection.

Kev Bourne

Edited by southandnorth

I just found out about Mark's tragic death last night at the railway station in Harboro where he used to work. He was a smashing bloke, who loved his music and had very fond memories of the early days of the 6TS and his great Harboro, Kettering and Rushden mates. I'll miss him and send my condolences to Julie. I'll try and make it up to the funeral, 15 month old Sonny permitting.

Guest twinkleshines

Hi Anita,

It's a shame you only came at the night, as from the picture below taken at 1430 you can see how busy it was, this is how it was from about 2pm.

Kev

i wished i could have been there all day, but was my weekend to have the kids, next year tho definatly!

anita

Received this letter from Julie and i thought i would share it with you, must admit this brought tears to my eyes, GOD BLESS MARK YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTON:

Letter from Julie

I will miss Mark so much and cannot bear to think of not being with him again, we had been together for 29 years and have a lot of fond memories, but the fact is that Mark will always be there and I know he will still be going to Northern soul events it's just that we wont see him. He had a way of making his presence known though so I suspect we may see "some signs". I really appreciate the event for next year being done in memory of Mark and as I said earlier know that you had planned an event this year that Mark enjoyed to his last moments on this earth; he died doing what he loved dancing and being with his mates and without this event that may not have been the case.

Love to you both

Julie