Crewe

After a pre nita nita drink at ours to start with a few friends Spot&Gail,Simon&Wendy,Colin&Shirl,Paul&Gill Just get us in the mood :D

Off down the M6 to Crewe wer we all had a top nite,sum top tunes spent with top people

in place with a great party atmosphere, just dont kno wer the time went to :ph34r:

All DJs played well and man of the match for me was Mr Wood who played the last hour and sent

me home very happy!!! Well not quite home but back to Dave & Stefs for post nita drinks chat and few

more tunes with a few more friends as before this time also Ste & Sharon,Jimmy & Lynn Big Jimmy too !

Knackerd Now :6: But well worth it:thumbup:

Mike Cog

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Will keep it short and sweet theres enough fiction on here without me adding to it.Bottom room busy and banging all nite some very good tunes spun enjoyed all the spots.Middle room had a very good line but modern and crossover peeps dont seem to stay out allnite,but im sure terry will get there and we will certainly support him all the way.Oldies room looked like everyone enjoyin themselves when ever i was in there.Many thanks to all that came and to our guest djs much appreciated :lol:.

Had a great night with good friends, thanks for your hospitality and beers Mike & Jan, and top sounds in bottom room, only ventured up to the other two floors a couple of times so can't really comment on what was being played but looked good.

Here's my plalist for last hour:

Rotations- Trying to make you my own - Mala

Edward Hamilton - I'm gonna love you - Carrie

Ambers - I love you baby - Verve

Ballads - My baby knows how to love her man - Venture

Broadways - You just don't know - MGM

Geater Davis - My love is so strong for you - House of Orange

Dell Vikings - Fingerpoppin' woman - Fee Bee

Patti Drew - Stop & Listen - Capitol

EJ & The Echoes - Treat me right - Diamond Jim

Enticers - Calling for your love - Cotillion

Four Thoughts - Kisses & roses - Womar

Lee Garrett - Can't break the habit - Harthon

Heartbreakers - I've go to face it - Derby City

Impalas - Old man mose - Rite-On

Intensions - I love you - Blue Light

Jades - Moovin' & Groovin' - Cherry Red

Lucky Charms - Tied to your heart - Sugarhillhkkjjjj

Masqueraders - I ain't gonna stop - AGP

Porgy & The Monarchs - My heart cries for you - Musicor

Youngblood Smith - You can split - Verve

Lord Thunder - Chaos - C/U

Volcanos - Gotta be a false alarm - Harthon

Vows - Tell me - VIP

Viola Wills - I got love - Bronco

Volumes - That same old feeling - Impact

Cheers,

Colin.

Will keep it short and sweet theres enough fiction on here without me adding to it.Bottom room busy and banging all nite some very good tunes spun enjoyed all the spots.Middle room had a very good line but modern and crossover peeps dont seem to stay out allnite,but im sure terry will get there and we will certainly support him all the way.Oldies room looked like everyone enjoyin themselves when ever i was in there.Many thanks to all that came and to our guest djs much appreciated :thumbsup:.

Just to say Andy..What a crackin' nite it was! thumbsup.gif.. Thanx for a really great nite at Metz Bar on saturday..As a punter on this scene (1968 - 1982) then from (1997 - to present day) regularly visiting niters most weekends with my t'other half and good friends...Musically I was finding it a bit stale myself :(..being a northern soul fan (by that I mean fast uptempo soulfully done by artists with meaning and passion..thats my take on it.) not r&b or slow ballads (I mean ok to listen to at home but when out would prefer to hear northern soul as I take it). On saturday it was a 'breath of fresh air' and it gave me renewed hope for the scene. The music was second to none..and in the twelve years back on the scene musically I've not heard nothing as good as what was played on saturday. Not a poor DJ in sight! All excelled themselves..none of the 'big guns' that we seem to get every where else..

It was just a top nite and here's to many more like this :thumbup:..and hope more venues follow this 'music policy'.

Well done to all concerned with Metz Bar (Saturday).. :thumbsup:...Looking forward to the next one.. :D.

Regards Steve.

Hiya Andy...

Just want to say what a crackin nite Steph & myself had...music was crackin and so was the nite! :yes:.

Kaz & Steph.x

Edited by stainless steve

Thanks to Andy for invite to play some music on Saturday.

Just shows a record does not have to be ultra-rare and in-demand to get dancefloor action,as got great response to

YOU DON'T KNOW (TILL IT HAPPENS TO YOU) - THE PARAMOUNT FOUR (SOUTHERN CITY RECORDS)

What a great single.

I JUST CAN'T STAND IT - THE MALIBUS (DUKE)

Proper gritty Southern Soul

TALKIN' ABOUT YA BABY - THE MIGHTY MARVELLOWS (ABC)

Can't remember last time I playeds this out, still sounds amazing!

PAYBACK'S A DRAG - THE SMITH BROTHERS (SOUL DIMENSION)

Ritz All-Dayer monster play from the 70's from Jack Ashford afer he moved to LA which now sounds better than ever.

DON'T NOBODY MESS WITH MY BABY - DEBBIE TAYLOR (GWP'S GRAPEVINE)

£20 record that sounds like it should be £2,000.

ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES - GARNET MIMMS (UNITED ARTISTS)

Proper oldie and awesome stuff from Jerry Ragavoy,reminds me of the good old days DJ'ing @ Tony's Empress Ballroom in Blackburn.

first time for me here--certainly not the last. Liked the layout -3 floors and a nice record bar corner downstairs:thumbup: Spent a fair bit of time in the 'oldies' upstairs room and some really diverse sounds. Standing with a lad I know from Grantham and on popped 'Poor Dog' and we both said fcuk me how long since we heard thatthumbsup.gif

Anyway nuff bout that --all in all a really good night --downstairs room really steamin with some crackin uptempo tunes being played--a few known a lot unknown to me -but all quality. Good work lads.

Left earlier than I would have liked--but looking forward to the next one--when is it?

Guest gfarrington

Just to say Andy..What a crackin' nite it was! :thumbsup:.. Thanx for a really great nite at Metz Bar on saturday..As a punter on this scene (1968 - 1982) then from (1997 - to present day) regularly visiting niters most weekends with my t'other half and good friends...Musically I was finding it a bit stale myself :(..being a northern soul fan (by that I mean fast uptempo soulfully done by artists with meaning and passion..thats my take on it.) not r&b or slow ballads (I mean ok to listen to at home but when out would prefer to hear northern soul as I take it). On saturday it was a 'breath of fresh air' and it gave me renewed hope for the scene. The music was second to none..and in the twelve years back on the scene musically I've not heard nothing as good as what was played on saturday. Not a poor DJ in sight! All excelled themselves..none of the 'big guns' that we seem to get every where else..

It was just a top nite and here's to many more like this :ohmy:..and hope more venues follow this 'music policy'.

Well done to all concerned with Metz Bar (Saturday).. :thumbsup:...Looking forward to the next one.. :D.

Regards Steve.

Hiya Andy...

Just want to say what a crackin nite Steph & myself had...music was crackin and so was the nite! :lol:.

Kaz & Steph.x

Had a great night with good friends, thanks for your hospitality and beers Mike & Jan, and top sounds in bottom room, only ventured up to the other two floors a couple of times so can't really comment on what was being played but looked good.

Here's my plalist for last hour:

Rotations- Trying to make you my own - Mala

Edward Hamilton - I'm gonna love you - Carrie

Ambers - I love you baby - Verve

Ballads - My baby knows how to love her man - Venture

Broadways - You just don't know - MGM

Geater Davis - My love is so strong for you - House of Orange

Dell Vikings - Fingerpoppin' woman - Fee Bee

Patti Drew - Stop & Listen - Capitol

EJ & The Echoes - Treat me right - Diamond Jim

Enticers - Calling for your love - Cotillion

Four Thoughts - Kisses & roses - Womar