• Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Adrienne Poster - something beautiful .....HORRID

To be fair to Adrienne, she was covering Connie Stevens version - which has the same light pop arrangement, and which is virtually identical to Adrienne's - not Margaret Mandolph's. I doubt that she ever heard the latter version...

I'd like to agree with Pete, but I find all versions of "Stay With Me Baby" to be utterly ghastly, even Lorraine Ellison's.

Therefore I must cite one that may be equalled in terms of awfulness but it's never likely to be beaten...

Janis Jopin - Piece Of My Heart. I get a headache even thinking about it...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

To be fair to Adrienne, she was covering Connie Stevens version - which has the same light pop arrangement, and which is virtually identical to Adrienne's - not Margaret Mandolph's. I doubt that she ever heard the latter version...

I'd like to agree with Pete, but I find all versions of "Stay With Me Baby" to be utterly ghastly, even Lorraine Ellison's.

Therefore I must cite one that may be equalled in terns of awfulness but it's nenevr likely to be beaten...

Janis Jopin - Piece Of My Heart. I get a headache even thinking about it...

Fuck me, total agreement! Epitomises everything worse about Rock covers of Soul records, cringeworthy.

Superb post lol:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Than Duffy attempting to sing "Stay With Me Baby"?

I mean, it is like me attempting to sing like Pavarotti.

Elke Brooks "to busy thinking about my baby" :6:

Social source share

Crowd pictured waiting to congratulate D***y on her new recording .......

Malc Burton

post-5097-12512160557529_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Crowd pictured waiting to congratulate D***y on her new recording .......

Malc Burton

The one with the true singing voice may cast the first stone all them that try to sing at that wall go an f*^k your self! :thumbsup:

Social source share

The one with the true singing voice may cast the first stone all them that try to sing at that wall go an f*^k your self! :thumbsup:

I am sorry , but D***y to my ears , makes a sound similar to the one my grandma made , when she caught her left breast in the mangle , during a wash day when I was young ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Moody Blues - Go Now

Ooops! :thumbsup:wicked.gif:thumbsup:

PETULA CLARKE - Dancin' In The Street

PUSSYCAT - ( It's The ) Same Old Song

ALAN PRICE SET - Lovin' You Is Sweeter Than Ever

CARL WAYNE - My Girl

ROLLING STONES - Just My Imagination

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest stevejan

I am sorry , but D***y to my ears , makes a sound similar to the one my grandma made , when she caught her left breast in the mangle , during a wash day when I was young ......

Malc Burton

How come all grannys have caught there left breast in mangles?...was it required in them days?

But back to the point in question..yes it sounds s**t

Social source share

I have thought for many years that this is the worst cover I've ever heard. I used to have this in my box at Wigan as a joke. Had written on the cover something like "Here it is folks - the worst cover of a Motown record you will hear. Even if you live to be 100!"

Having just heard it again I'm amazed at just how intuitive I was a such a tender young age...

Tim 'Rocky Horror" Curry does 'Baby Love'.

Social source share

I have thought for many years that this is the worst cover I've ever heard. I used to have this in my box at Wigan as a joke. Had written on the cover something like "Here it is folks - the worst cover of a Motown record you will hear. Even if you live to be 100!"

Having just heard it again I'm amazed at just how intuitive I was a such a tender young age...

Tim 'Rocky Horror" Curry does 'Baby Love'.

Godz, that is a truly goddamned awful record and you should be arrested for posting itthumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

I agree. I had the misfortune to see her last month at the Cognac blues (?) festival and when she said a few words (in French) I thought DAFFY would be more appropriate. :thumbup:

daffy_duck.jpg

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

Obviously I never managed to sell it so I still have it somewhere. Any offers?*

* As it seems to be the fashion, of course I'll ensure your bid is kept anonymous Mr Chorley biggrin.gif

Please speak to Pete Smith regarding my bid and may I ask you not to mention it on here again as I believed we had a working arrangement nowthumbsup.gif

Social source share

i THINK ITS - THE TWO FELLOWS ON LIBERTY SINGING THEIR VERSION OF "An uphill climb to the bottom"

Absolute Sh*te

And what about Bo Donaldson &heywoods version of Bunny Siglers- Girl dont make me wait

Sounds like David & the Giants on Acid- Utter Tripe

If we can all admit it - we probably secretly liked Duffy's first but then her voice has just become repetetive with no range at all!

Even Alma Cogan sounds better than she does

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Guest neil adkins61

love dont come no stronger by tony stone ... may those guilty of this hang there heads in SHAME Chris Hill that may be you !! Not ensign records finest hour

Social source share

i THINK ITS - THE TWO FELLOWS ON LIBERTY SINGING THEIR VERSION OF "An uphill climb to the bottom"

Absolute Sh*te

And what about Bo Donaldson &heywoods version of Bunny Siglers- Girl dont make me wait

Sounds like David & the Giants on Acid- Utter Tripe

If we can all admit it - we probably secretly liked Duffy's first but then her voice has just become repetetive with no range at all!

Even Alma Cogan sounds better than she does

Whoa! Nothing wrong with Alma Cogan. You should hear her answer record to Fortune Teller, it's brilliant, I'll find it out.

Social source share

shouldnt this be in sales, wheres ken, KEN, KEN, THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN

Who rattled your cage,you report him/them now fukc off and leave me alone. :lol:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Malc Burton

That has supriced me Malc i thuoght the mangle was much later :lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think Michael Bolton's cover of the Dock Of The Bay is absolutely horrendous - Otis must have turned in his grave when this one came out...

My life suddenly feels a whole lot better, just knowing I have never heard this. ;-)

Simply Dreadful - Money's too tight to mention, was not great.

Social source share

Guest Gary Thomas

Yazz - The only way is up. No.1 for 5 painful weeks. Hopefully it didn't get Otis Clay wondering where he went wrong. At least George Jackson earned a few quid though.

Social source share

That's great! I think I've heard it before - did you post it on here a few years ago?

No, in fact I don't think I even heard it til about 2 weeks ago; I found a blog with about 50 girl group compilations to download so I downloaded the lot and am now wading through around 2000 female artist tracks!

Social source share

Thanks Gene for correcting me- wasnt sure which of the 2 it was! - Still utter Sh*te though

I really like their " City Life ", sounds great played loud in a venue. Not to be confused with Buddy Holly frontman Jerry Naylor's popular classic "City Lights".

if you dont know it dont go expecting the next great sound, just a good little track, £20 not £200 might be a clue.

(p.s. I've always wondered if they were the same group?)

btw having spent my life totally avoiding pop music, and every other form of music that wasn't soul, n/s, etc. I had no idea that all these other versions existed, and I'd like to say thanks, for nothing, for wasting my life listening to tracy ullman, kylie,etc.

my wife looking over my shoulder while I was typing this, reckons one time big time, ex scottish now americanised, singer Sheena Easton covered a soul classic, anybody else remember what it was?

Social source share

andy and david williams, baby love, they were i seem to remember the twin sons of andy williams of moon river fame

the osmonds- more today than yesterday, always wanted to get a copy of this but other things became more important, ie clean car etc !

our love is in the pocket/i dont want to disscusit- amen corner i think, i,ll have to into the garage to search for the derham lp

four for the price of one-the ojays live !

Social source share

andy and david williams, baby love, they were i seem to remember the twin sons of andy williams of moon river fame

the osmonds- more today than yesterday, always wanted to get a copy of this but other things became more important, ie clean car etc !

our love is in the pocket/i dont want to disscusit- amen corner i think, i,ll have to into the garage to search for the derham lp

four for the price of one-the ojays live !

Four for the price of one what a bargain that lp was £1.99 on mfp,still got it somewhere I dig your act is on it also I think.

Grant

Social source share

Its not on derham its on immediate. :shades:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert