Painted Lady Kirby Bellers

Guest leicester80s

Guest leicester80s

hi Did any off you folk go to the painted lady night spot at kirby bellers near melton mowbray saw Geno washington there and Jr walker and the allstars great night it was in the mod days in the 80s :thumbup: I REMEMBER THE DJ USED TO PLAY fortune teller a lot and r dean taylor theres a ghost in my house and landslide:rolleyes: has well has other northern:shades:

RAY:D

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

saw Jnr Walker there, i thought it was about 79/80. also went to an alldayer there in the late 70's. The only bus was about 10am so i had a bloody long wait until it opened tumbleweed3.gif . I remember Soul Sam & Bub spinning. The 'oldies' room was tiny, 4 people on the dancefloor pretty much filled it mellow.gif .

Social source share

saw Jnr Walker there, i thought it was about 79/80. also went to an alldayer there in the late 70's. The only bus was about 10am so i had a bloody long wait until it opened tumbleweed3.gif . I remember Soul Sam & Bub spinning. The 'oldies' room was tiny, 4 people on the dancefloor pretty much filled it mellow.gif .

We used to travel up from Rushden Northants. Not sure of the year but John Manship used to run it. Tony Parker used to run a coach to the Dayers. Had some good times there.Kimbo.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

sussed you then?:lol:lets leave at that shall we?

1-You have no respect for me since? SORRY i forgot?

2- you were a main player at THE TORCH who patronised the place more than two times which makes you some kinda of a Superlative top geezeer?

3 - as for youR NORTHERN mates who like supporting yoU via this forum, DID I FUCK OFF AFTER 10MINS??? aplogy was forthcoming, were they Soux? afterall they did speak with forked tounge.

Cya...PD

never played the superlatives at the torch............didn't know they did a tune called top geezer

only went once to the torch and it was shut lolbiggrin.gif

no, 20

cya TR

Social source share

• 9 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert