Carlettes I'm Getting Tired

Hi all,

been on the web browsing folks playlists and the old Carlettes 45, which has two great sides I'm Getting tired/Lost without your love seems to still turn up getting plays of late...

I then turned to u-tube to have a listen and there are a couple of files on there one which looks like a pressing with a very big runout but the other is a gold looking label I have done a bit of searching and know that it also came out on Capitol

upon a bit further searching I had a look in Manships how to spot bootlegs book and it says

"2nd press is gold with red lettering original was released on Capitol, but the local label bobby robinson release is supposed to exist but he is yet to see one"

I have searched and found a scanned picture of the same gold one that is on utube but if Manship has never seen one then just how rare is it ?:wicked:

and what value...?

ps I have managed to pick up one on capitol

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Odd isn't it, all the time I had one I assumed the Capitol copy to be the rare one. I've never seen one, and the gold/red BR copy only cost me £8!

best,

RB

Again it is where you live, Capital copies fairly common anywhere between £5-£8 back than.

I didn't even know of it being on BR till late 80s, about 7/8 years after I had sold my collection.

Dave.

Social source share

Guest lotusland

No one's mentioned yet, but the boot sounds horrible. I had never seen a copy of the original BR, maybe that sounds better? Anyways, the Capitol copies sound great.

Social source share

No one's mentioned yet, but the boot sounds horrible. I had never seen a copy of the original BR, maybe that sounds better? Anyways, the Capitol copies sound great.

BR copy I had sounded fine - looked like it had been danced on, but sounded fine!

Best,

RB.

Social source share

• 10 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!