The Greatstone Soul Club

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents

A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & CrossoverSATURDAY 19th SEPTEMBER , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.00am

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - 'Northern' Nev Griffiths , Pete Best , Ricey, Chris 'Bear Soul' Morgan , Stevie Z , Mark Baildon , Paul Havekin

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony 07973-809492 greatstonesoul@googlemail.com

Mark 07939-872534 markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-1640

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & CrossoverSATURDAY 19th SEPTEMBER , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - 'Northern' Nev Griffiths , Pete Best , Ricey, Chris 'Bear Soul' Morgan , Stevie

Z , Mark Baildon , Paul Havekin

The Greatstone Hotel

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-1640/quote]

THE LINE-UP LOOKS LIKE ' THE CELTIC SOUL BROTHERS ' SO IF Y'ALL WANT YER SOUL RARE ,MEDIUM RARE , EXTRA RARE , BURNT TO A CINDER OR JUST PLAIN OLD SOULTASTIC CY'ALL THERE !

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - 'Northern' Nev Griffiths , Pete Best , Ricey, Chris 'Bear Soul' Morgan , Stevie Z , Mark Baildon , Paul Havekin

The Greatstone Hotel

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-1640

Hi Chris,

Yep nice line up, some really tasty tunes between all the guy's.....Shrewsbury reunionthumbup.gif

Hi Chris,

Yep nice line up, some really tasty tunes between all the guy's.....Shrewsbury reunionthumbup.gif

Secret Memo :

agreed on the tunes front ...but only i lived in Shrews went to blessed school there don't you know and wasn't christened there for goodness sake , and i think you'll find Pete N Ricey are very firmly the Welsh side of the house ..Gobowen & Oswestry i think ...and Nevs a Durham man isn't he? .......and i'm actually from Mars !!!!!!!!!!! Accuracy and tranparency i believe is the way forward ..if we're open and honest now then we could be forming the next government and not become the daily subject of ridicule by the gutter-press.....p.S. make sure this is shredded and doesn't get leaked lord knows we're all in enough trouble already trying to explain where all the money goes......don't mention vinyl ..whateva you do !!!!.

Lord Avmercy

Secret Memo :

agreed on the tunes front ...but only i lived in Shrews went to blessed school there don't you know and wasn't christened there for goodness sake , and i think you'll find Pete N Ricey are very firmly the Welsh side of the house ..Gobowen & Oswestry i think ...and Nevs a Durham man isn't he? .......and i'm actually from Mars !!!!!!!!!!! Accuracy and tranparency i believe is the way forward ..if we're open and honest now then we could be forming the next government and not become the daily subject of ridicule by the gutter-press.....p.S. make sure this is shredded and doesn't get leaked lord knows we're all in enough trouble already trying to explain where all the money goes......don't mention vinyl ..whateva you do !!!!.

Lord Avmercy

Glad to see the meds are working chris. :D looks like a good line up of dj's spinning some top tunes. Dont think Besty and Ricey (sounds like a poptastic duo) would take kindly to the implication they are welsh :thumbup:

mark

Secret Memo :

Lord Avmercy

That's me told.

Secret Memo :

agreed on the tunes front ...but only i lived in Shrews went to blessed school there don't you know and wasn't christened there for goodness sake , and i think you'll find Pete N Ricey are very firmly the Welsh side of the house ..Gobowen & Oswestry i think ...andNevs a Durham man isn't he ? .......and i'm actually from Mars !!!!!!!!!!! Accuracy and tranparency i believe is the way forward ..if we're open and honest now then we could be forming the next government and not become the daily subject of ridicule by the gutter-press.....p.S. make sure this is shredded and doesn't get leaked lord knows we're all in enough trouble already trying to explain where all the money goes......don't mention vinyl ..whateva you do !!!!.

Lord Avmercy

Chris ,wash your mouth out lad ,Im from Darlington , think your confusin me with the pink panther .....laugh.gif

Needless to say ...as always im lookin forward to getting across to the Greatstone again ,i hold this venue in very high regard and thus will be bringing only the finest records along with megood.gif

Im sure it'll be another top night ,full of surprises on the decks ,a great appreciative crowd and some loverly free grub to soak up the alesmile.gif

Hopefully we can persuade a few N.easterners to come along ,seen as this one is my birthday celebration toothumbup.gif

Chris ,wash your mouth out lad ,Im from Darlington , think your confusin me with the pink panther .....:laugh:

Needless to say ...as always im lookin forward to getting across to the Greatstone again ,i hold this venue in very high regard and thus will be bringing only the finest records along with me:good:

Im sure it'll be another top night ,full of surprises on the decks ,a great appreciative crowd and some loverly free grub to soak up the ale:smile:

Hopefully we can persuade a few N.easterners to come along ,seen as this one is my birthday celebration too:thumbup:

Sorry Sir Nev and only kidding guys ..yeah we're all near enough Shrewsbury Soulheads ! What's this tirade against the Welsh Mark ???

Cptn Morgan !thumbsup.gif

Chris ,wash your mouth out lad ,Im from Darlington , think your confusin me with the pink panther .....laugh.gif

Needless to say ...as always im lookin forward to getting across to the Greatstone again ,i hold this venue in very high regard and thus will be bringing only the finest records along with megood.gif

Im sure it'll be another top night ,full of surprises on the decks ,a great appreciative crowd and some loverly free grub to soak up the alesmile.gif

Hopefully we can persuade a few N.easterners to come along ,seen as this one is my birthday celebration toothumbup.gif

Sadly gonna miss your spot mate, hopefully get a live link-up from the Hitsville weekender on the Saturday nightthumbup.gif

Hi Chris i will be there to open up but then off to friends 25th wedding anniversary but will be back later on 12.300 ish to make sure you are all behaving. whistling.gif

mark

ya might not get in !!!! we'll change the locks !!! or it might be rammed !!!! so let's get this right...your mate has been married 25 times ???huh.gif

Hi folks really looking forward to this one as i have been absent for the last two, spoke to Nev the other night and i know he's up for it. It does look like the lunatics have finally taken over the asylum. Be nice to hear Chris spinning a few and not forgetting Pete best and his able sidekick Ricey me thinks were in for a special night so if your in Manchester next Saturday pop down and introduce yourself we don't bite well not till after midnight, see yall Saturday

Paul.

Edited by P5OULH

Hi folks really looking forward to this one as i have been absent for the last two, spoke to Nev the other night and i know he's up for it. It does look like the lunatics have finally taken over the asylum. Be nice to hear Chris spinning a few and not forgetting Pete best and his able sidekick Ricey me thinks were in for a special night so if your in Manchester next Saturday pop down and introduce yourself we don't bite well not till after midnight, see yall Saturday

Paul.

Really looking forward to unleashing my current grooves ! I'm furtling amongst the black stuff and itching to add to the grade A soulfull mayhem .... never a dull moment and no doubt a mouth-watering soundtrack will be served up by all for your delectation ...... and butties ta boot if y'all can drag your goodselves from the dance-floor !

Let the Lunacy countdown commence.........it is fancy-dress aint it guys??? I personally don't have a fancy-dress but i'll knock something up on the owd sewing machine... It's the SINGER not the song !! got some owd curtains somewhere......... 'The Hills are alive wth the sound of Music .........All-together know !!!

We've just got time for the last chorus of 'Down at The Old Bull ' n Bush' ...Promise I wont sing !!!! So it's sure to be a Groovetastic night of Biblical proportions !! Ben WHo? Oh Hur !!!

Cptn Idle-Vice ! thumbsup.gif

Paul.

Hi Paul

Was good to chat mate,and yes ,really lookin forward to another visit to one of the most up-front venues i've attended of late.

Got a real special feel to it and i'm sure judging by the quality of dj's that have guested over the yrs ,i'm not the only one to think so.

Gonna be a treat playing my records again ,and hopefully they'll be well recieved .

Lots of new ones ,but boy is it a tough job trying to find things that are new to the ears of the Greatstone.

As you know i've always kept a keen eye on the playlists down the yrs ,infact when i pick up new choons ,i often put em in to the soulsource search bar to see if i can find info on em g.gif

And guess what ....they've usually had an outing at the Greatstone at some point over the yrsyes.gif

Lookin forward to meeting Pete and Ricey and to hear what they'll be treating us too,as well as the regulars and last but not least Captn Morgangood.gif

seeya all bright and early Satnite ,oh and i think it's almost certain Suzannek is accompaying us so make sure the bar is well stockedlaugh.gif

Hi Paul

Was good to chat mate,and yes ,really lookin forward to another visit to one of the most up-front venues i've attended of late.

Got a real special feel to it and i'm sure judging by the quality of dj's that have guested over the yrs ,i'm not the only one to think so.

Gonna be a treat playing my records again ,and hopefully they'll be well recieved .

Lots of new ones ,but boy is it a tough job trying to find things that are new to the ears of the Greatstone.

As you know i've always kept a keen eye on the playlists down the yrs ,infact when i pick up new choons ,i often put em in to the soulsource search bar to see if i can find info on em g.gif

And guess what ....they've usually had an outing at the Greatstone at some point over the yrsyes.gif

Lookin forward to meeting Pete and Ricey and to hear what they'll be treating us too,as well as the regulars and last but not least Captn Morgangood.gif

seeya all bright and early Satnite ,oh and i think it's almost certain Suzannek is accompaying us so make sure the bar is well stockedlaugh.gif

WILL DEFO BE EARLY TO GET A DRINK BEFORE SUZANNEK DEMOLISHES THE STOCK...........JUST KIDDING whistling.gif

Now hey, I cannot normally get a look in for Nev anyway, but as it is his Birthday do hes allowed. beer.gif All booked up anyway and raring to go so see ya Saturday wave.gifbiggrin.gif

Suz

x

Ah the voice of reason!! Suz, please watch the children carefully on Saturday night, as they tend to get boisterous without supervisionwhistling.gif Sorry I can't be there to welcome you on your first visit..........Tony

Ah the voice of reason!! Suz, please watch the children carefully on Saturday night, as they tend to get boisterous without supervisionwhistling.gif Sorry I can't be there to welcome you on your first visit..........Tony

Its ok I'll just take their drinks off them.... and drink them myself laugh.gif

No worries Tony, I'm sure I'll see you another time. biggrin.gif

Suz

x

Its ok I'll just take their drinks off them.... and drink them myself :laugh:

No worries Tony, I'm sure I'll see you another time. :D

Suz

x

Hi Suz

be nice to meet you but i wont be there till late on just hope you are all not to tipsy by then hope to make it for the last half of nev's spot at least.

mark

Hi Folks Dj times are

8-9 Paul Havekin

9-10 Stevie Z

10-11 Pete Best & Ricey

11-12 Captain Morgan

12-1 Nev Griffith

1-2 Paul Havekin & Stevie Z Hope these times are ok for everyone any problems pm me and i'll adjust where necessary

right let the mayhem begin Paul.

TOP GEAR GUYS ! PREPARE FOR A NIGHT OF LUSH KICK-ASS DANCE TUNEAGE FROM THE TOPPER-MOST TOPPEST DRAW !

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

TOP GEAR GUYS ! PREPARE FOR A NIGHT OF LUSH KICK-ASS DANCE TUNEAGE FROM THE TOPPER-MOST TOPPEST DRAW !

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

Phew thats some awesome tunage before i get on at 12 :ohmy:

Lets hope most of my playbox doesnt get covered before i get on cos im travelling light with my trusty 100 box:D

Looks all set for a top night indeedthumbsup.gif

Guest 7SEVENS7

Hi Folks Dj times are

8-9 Paul Havekin

9-10 Stevie Z

10-11 Pete Best & Ricey

11-12 Captain Morgan

12-1 Nev Griffith

1-2 Paul Havekin & Stevie Z Hope these times are ok for everyone any problems pm me and i'll adjust where necessary

right let the mayhem begin Paul.

What times is the buffet Paul?? 8-9 or 1-2???

I MEANT EVERYONE NEV !! :D AND I'M SURE YOU'VE GOT TUNES APLENTY thumbsup.gif

Last plug from me Chris

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate

All that's left for me to say is ,anyone who's not already sorted tomorrow night ,get yerself along and give us some support as im celebrating my birthday, and it's as much a pleasure meeting fellow sourcers ,as much as it is to be asked to dj at one of my fave clubs .

It's actually an honour and trust me ,not something i take lightly ,some special dj's have graced those decks,just hope im upto the task:good:

Playbox sorted ,hotel booked ,just the overnight bag to pack and we'll seeya tomorrow for another fantastic night at THE GREATSTONE.

If the last one i went to with Mick H and Chic is anything to go by it'll be superb:smile:

Last plug from me Chris

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate

All that's left for me to say is ,anyone who's not already sorted tomorrow night ,get yerself along and give us some support as im celebrating my birthday, and it's as much a pleasure meeting fellow sourcers ,as much as it is to be asked to dj at one of my fave clubs .

It's actually an honour and trust me ,not something i take lightly ,some special dj's have graced those decks,just hope im upto the task:good:

Playbox sorted ,hotel booked ,just the overnight bag to pack and we'll seeya tomorrow for another fantastic night at THE GREATSTONE.

If the last one i went to with Mick H and Chic is anything to go by it'll be superb:smile:

IT'LL BE FAB , GEAR N GROOVEY NEV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good: