Steve L

• Replies 28
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I wonder if exist a paralel northern soul scene who pay the records 200% more of his value...to what partys go? what is his ocupation? are humans?? :glare: JUST JOKIN´ lol

GOOD NIGHT TO ALL

A. PETIT

£20.00

listed it at 25.00, no takers then i listed it at 20 and sold it....only had 1 call on it too....

Chris

Social source share

As the record was issued twice, the common one is: Buddah 32 - Pigtails - Say it again (say I love you)

The 'rarer' one being: Buddah 47 - Loving you - Pigtails.

I've just had a look on the web, and can only find the Buddah 32. Loving you is possibly a lot rarer,

and I think that some confusion exists between the two issues. Also its a great track.

Regards Ricardo. g.gif

Edited by RitchieAndrew
Social source share

As the record was issued twice, the common one is: Buddah 32 - Pigtails - Say it again (say I love you)

The 'rarer' one being: Buddah 47 - Loving you - Pigtails.

I've just had a look on the web, and can only find the Buddah 32. Loving you is possibly a lot rarer,

and I think that some confusion exists between the two issues. Also its a great track.

Regards Ricardo. g.gif

Just checked my Demo and its Buddah 32, and ive just played it and it sounds no better to day then it did when I found 10 of them in a local record shop in the 70s, took 9 to wigan and sold them all a 3 quid each, result in them days, So if anybody wants it make me an offer :ohmy:

Social source share

If it is rare, the buyer of the one below got a bargain, $25 in June this year on Ebay. You can see it on Popsike

Paid £15 for my 47 in immaculate condition four years ago. 'Loving You' is a top quality George Kerr style track, great northern dancer, lovely production, heard RIMMER play it once but nobody else. Shame, great record.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Bit surprised when I saw 45Heaven's september list with this on at £150 (Barrie says it was on Anglo American at 500!!) Have I missed something here?

Any thoughts?

Just checked the listing on 45Heaven's site and it does state, and I quote:

"Surprisingly hard to find alternative flip to 'Pigtails' - Anglo American has it on sale at £500 !!!"

Anybody else seen this on TB's lists for £500 or otherwise because I can't recall seeing it??

Cheers

Social source share

This has been blown out of all proportion. Cliff was looking for the LOVING YOU side, and asked Brownie if he would sell his copy. As you all know from another thread on here, Brownie said yeh but it's £500. Cos he won't let anything go out of his collection for less. Cliff has since sourced a few copies, and played it at Burnley last month......hence the interest in the record, and the reason Barrie wants a big price on it. I think the price will increase now.

Phil.

Social source share

This has been blown out of all proportion. Cliff was looking for the LOVING YOU side, and asked Brownie if he would sell his copy. As you all know from another thread on here, Brownie said yeh but it's £500. Cos he won't let anything go out of his collection for less. Cliff has since sourced a few copies, and played it at Burnley last month......hence the interest in the record, and the reason Barrie wants a big price on it. I think the price will increase now.

Phil.

Yeah the price will go up - Just like the bloody Ethics! What nonsense was that- Member on here says He will give me £25(He said thats what its worth) for it W/D in Mint minus condition - Some months later hes selling a copy so I thought I would ask back as it was becoming popular but he wants to charge me 4 times what he paid me for the one I sold to him only months before!

Guess what we wont be doing anymore business! and he wont get "loving you" off me for £25

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Paid £15 for my 47 in immaculate condition four years ago. 'Loving You' is a top quality George Kerr style track, great northern dancer, lovely production, heard RIMMER play it once but nobody else. Shame, great record.thumbsup.gif

Andy Rix played this for a short while just before he packed in, and possibly Rob Thomas? Although i could be wrong on the latter?

I was always under the impression that it did get some airplay in the early 70's, and regarded it as an oldie like a lot of tunes i.e. "Happiness is here" T. Lark "It ain't what you got" Peggy Paxton, etc. But was just forgotten about, to be reactivated sometime later.

Martyn

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert