Friday Night Is Music Night

There is something about this venue that lends itself to that "Friday Feeling", reminiscent of the old London Blue Skies and the Sunflower Lounge, you always feel that you are at a Party, it's always somebody's birthday with great music you know most of the people and there is no bolllotix. Just great music played by people who have taste and passion and the only played out oldie is me innocent.gif

The venue is really welcoming and friendly and even the first time I went I felt as if I was at home. Russ and Ray work hard to make everyone feel welcome and bring something different to the party every time. Last night was no different, handing over the decks to some lesser known faces and each and every one of them delivered with an obvious love and passion for their music. Something for everyone from my 60s girlie stuff, some great 60s northern and a selection of some of the best in modern/crossover OVO.

Hate to single anyone out but Pete Burton delivered at every level, bringing out one gem after another...........I did offer to swap record boxes with him but he wasn't having any of it..........wonder why :wicked:

This is what I kicked off the proceedings with:-

The Facinations - Say It Isn't So

Fontella Bass - I Can't Rest

Pearlean Gray - I don't Want To Cry

Friday Brown - 32nd Love Affair

Ronnie & Joyce - Catch Me I'm Falling

Candy & The Kisses - Mr Creator

Gigi & The Charmaines - I Don't Wanna Lose Him

Rozetta Johnson - Mine Was Real

Terri Bryant - When I'm In Your Arms

Liz Verdi - Think It Over

Linda Griner - Good-by Cruel Love (especially for Sian)

The Jewels - Gotta Find A Way

The Halos - Just Keep on Loving Me

Thanks again to Ray & Russ for giving me chance to play at such a great venue just perfect for that Friday night unwind, keep going lads :yes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • Replies 5
  • Views 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There is something about this venue that lends itself to that "Friday Feeling", reminiscent of the old London Blue Skies and the Sunflower Lounge, you always feel that you are at a Party, it's always somebody's birthday with great music you know most of the people and there is no bolllotix. Just great music played by people who have taste and passion and the only played out oldie is me innocent.gif

The venue is really welcoming and friendly and even the first time I went I felt as if I was at home. Russ and Ray work hard to make everyone feel welcome and bring something different to the party every time. Last night was no different, handing over the decks to some lesser known faces and each and every one of them delivered with an obvious love and passion for their music. Something for everyone from my 60s girlie stuff, some great 60s northern and a selection of some of the best in modern/crossover OVO.

Hate to single anyone out but Pete Burton delivered at every level, bringing out one gem after another...........I did offer to swap record boxes with him but he wasn't having any of it..........wonder why :wicked:

This is what I kicked off the proceedings with:-

The Facinations - Say It Isn't So

Fontella Bass - I Can't Rest

Pearlean Gray - I don't Want To Cry

Friday Brown - 32nd Love Affair

Ronnie & Joyce - Catch Me I'm Falling

Candy & The Kisses - Mr Creator

Gigi & The Charmaines - I Don't Wanna Leave Him

Rozetta Johnson - Mine Was Real

Terri Bryant - When I'm In Your Arms

Liz Verdi - Think It Over

Linda Griner - Good-by Cruel Love (especially for Sian)

The Jewels - Gotta Find A Way

The Halos - Just Keep on Loving Me

Thanks again to Ray & Russ for giving me chance to play at such a great venue just perfect for that Friday night unwind, keep going lads :yes:

QoFxx

Ooops !.........I was just posting a separate thread up at the same time you posted this Chrissie so I'll copy my post here and try to delete the other thread.

Had a really enjoyable night out at my first visit to 'The City' andtook advantage of the rare treat of Claire driving to have a fewbirthday drinks with me old pal Richie.

beer.gif

Therewas good quality music played throughout the evening with John Aldridgein particular digging some nice tunes out of his playbox. Also had agood old natter with Kev Draper who I don't bump into often enoughthese days plus got a real buzz from playing a spot to an appreciativeand knowledgeable crowd of soulies.

good.gif

Thanks Ray and Russ for giving me a spot and also much love and hugs to Catriona for the birthday cake.

:D

Edited by Pete Burton

Ooops !.........I was just posting a separate thread up at the same time you posted this Chrissie so I'll copy my post here and try to delete the other thread.

Had a really enjoyable night out at my first visit to 'The City' andtook advantage of the rare treat of Claire driving to have a fewbirthday drinks with me old pal Richie.

:yes:

Therewas good quality music played throughout the evening with John Aldridgein particular digging some nice tunes out of his playbox. Also had agood old natter with Kev Draper who I don't bump into often enoughthese days plus got a real buzz from playing a spot to an appreciativeand knowledgeable crowd of soulies.

good.gif

Thanks Ray and Russ for giving me a spot and also much love and hugs to Catriona for the birthday cake.

:wicked:

any chance of a play list pete thumbsup.gif

QoFxx

:yes:

good.gif

:wicked:

any chance of a play list pete thumbsup.gif

QoFxx

any chance of a play list pete :ohmy:

QoFxx

Chrissie, it doesn't look like the 2 threads are going to get merged so I'll post this up on here for you as well:

:lol:

my playlist was as follows:

Hytones - Bigger & Better - A-Bet

Tootsie Rollers - Give Me Love - Me-O

Soul Set - Will You Ever Learn - Bi-Me

Bernard Williams - It's Needless To Say - Harthon

Honey & The Bees - Dynamite Exploded - Arctic

Little Dooley - If Ever I Needed You - Ko Ko Demo

Soul Shakers - You're Turnin' - Teri De

Honey Bees - Let's Get Back Together - Garrison Demo

Ellusions - You Didn't Have To Leave Me - Lamon

Wooden Nickels - Nobody But You - Vault Demo