Admission £5

An evening of Quality Soul Music in the company of:-

SEAN HAMPSEY - ANDY 'TATS' TAYLOR - KEVIN BRISCOE + BULLY

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

This superb venue is conveniently located on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire close to the A1, M1, M18 & M62 with Doncaster, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leeds, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Sheffield and Nottingham all within an hours drive.

You're gonna love it!

www.yeoldebell-hotel.co.uk

Its been a long time comin'.................... but finally....Following in the tradition of those classic venues PITCHES / PHOENIX /MUNSTERS / THORNE Nov 20th is going to be the launch of what we hopewill become a long running home for Real Soul Music 'across the board'.

Not just Northern, Not just Modern, Not just Crossover... Just Soul!

:thumbsup:

We look forward to seeing you on the night!

Edited by Sean Hampsey
  • Replies 172
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I bet it is Simon, its where the Lifeline Nighter & Weekender were held, up in these parts.

Comes with the complete blessing of Messrs Dyson, Chalks and H. etc! :D

Did you go Simon?

Its really superb!

Sean

Great venue Sean.Have you told them about the accomodation for travellers.?:D

Great venue Sean.Have you told them about the accomodation for travellers.?biggrin.gif

Thanks Kev,

Accommodation is available for those coming from further afield.

And very nice it is too!

We are negotiating a special rate with the venue - Full info to folllow at a later date -- but this is no cheap Hotel.

Less pricey rooms can be found 4 miles down the road (A1 South of Venue) at the Travel Lodge...

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=171&clickref=DN22-0QU-RetfordMarkhamMoor

Or 5 miles Up the road (A1 North of Venue) at the Travel Lodge...

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=115&clickref=S81-8HG-BlythA1(M)

:D

Sean

Just Soul

Friday 20th November 2009

8:30pm - 2:00am

Admission £5

SEAN HAMPSEY - ANDY 'TATS' TAYLOR - KEVIN BRISCOE

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

This superb venue is conveniently located on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire close to the A1, M1, M18 & M62 with Doncaster, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leeds, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Sheffield and Nottingham all within an hours drive.

You're gonna love it!

Its been a long time comin'.................... but finally....Following in the tradition of those classic venues PITCHES / PHOENIX /MUNSTERS / THORNE Nov 20th is going to be the launch of what we hopewill become a long running home for Real Soul Music 'across the board'.

:thumbup:

Sounds superb, week after Bilbao might be a bit tight for me but sounds unmissable:thumbup:

Sounds superb, week after Bilbao might be a bit tight for me but sounds unmissablethumbup.gif

I reckon Bilbao will be a superb Warm up mate! :lol:

If you can go all the way to Spain for music, an hour or two up the A1 really is unmissable for any London Soul Boy!

Really hope you can make it.

We're doing it for the likes of you me lad!

And Willie Mitchell productions will be very much in evidence!

Tonsa love.

Sean

I reckon Bilbao will be a superb Warm up mate! :thumbsup:

If you can go all the way to Spain for music, an hour or two up the A1 really is unmissable for any London Soul Boy!

Really hope you can make it.

We're doing it for the likes of you me lad!

And Willie Mitchell productions will be very much in evidence!

Tonsa love.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Bilbao to barnby moor !, i better get acclimatized quickly, paella to pud.

can't wait

Tats

Excellant news! took you all long enough though!.

A night to look forward to.More info on local B/Bs though or an update on the "special rate" the otels giving ?

The Squad will be their well at least three of us!

Adam

Excellant news! took you all long enough though!.

A night to look forward to.More info on local B/Bs though or an update on the "special rate" the otels giving ?

The Squad will be their well at least three of us!

Adam

Hi Adam,

We'll be talking to the Hotel about discounted rooms as the November gig approaches (much better to do it later and when they know more about their unsold Rooms).

Willl post details of more alternative accommodation, closer to the time, also!

Glad you and the boys will be there matey!

The vibe is good.

Sean

This sounds good look forward to the trip up the A1 all being well, sorry can't make the modern room this Saturday at Long Eaton Sean, I'm off on my hols.

See you in November.

Barry

Guest Kev Briscoe

Ecky Thump!!

Like everyone else I've been waiting for Sean and Tat's to sort out a new venue as well!

Then, not only do they find one but they 'hoist' me on board as well!!

If anyone out there likes their Soul 'Deep' I suggest they get in early to hear my spot!! (It'll probably go down hill from there on anyway!)

See you all there!!

Kev

Ecky Thump!!

Like everyone else I've been waiting for Sean and Tat's to sort out a new venue as well!

Then, not only do they find one but they 'hoist' me on board as well!!

If anyone out there likes their Soul 'Deep' I suggest they get in early to hear my spot!! (It'll probably go down hill from there on anyway!)

See you all there!!

Kev

I'll do my very best Kev, not many nights that I like all the djs choice of music but I know I'm in for a treat with this onethumbsup.gif

Edited by binsy

Just Soul

Admission £5

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

You're gonna love it!

thumbup.gif

About bloody time too thumbup.gif

I think I know the venue whistling.gif

Have you sorted any hotel room discounts biggrin.gif

Just Soul

Admission £5

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

You're gonna love it!

thumbup.gif

Good luck - not that you will need it - with your new venue Sean thumbsup.gif

God willing , I hope to join you on the opening night .

Malc Burton

Phew musta bin very protracted negotiations on this one Sean :thumbup:

Sure it'll be a belter and I'll try and get the Dinno crowd across if I can :unsure:

PS: 1812 reunion is 14th Nov @ Lyric with original DJs :huh:

Best

Ash

Phew musta bin very protracted negotiations on this one Sean :thumbup:

Sure it'll be a belter and I'll try and get the Dinno crowd across if I can :lol:

PS: 1812 reunion is 14th Nov @ Lyric with original DJs :lol:

Best

Ash

Yep, it took a while Ash... but all sorted now and the vibe is good.

1812 Reunion should be a blast!

The original DJ's must be well into their 60's now. :lol:

:g:

Sean

Yep - I think you embarrased me into sorting it at Lifeline, Cliff.

After so many disappointments on venues, it just seemed logical to approach the Lifeline guys to see if they were OK with the idea.

Will you and your crew be there?

Sean

It was good to see you at Lifeline.....glad I was able to give you a nudge thumbsup.gif .....

We'll absolutely be there......got my room booked at chez Tats yes.gif

Dunno about well into their 6Ts Sean

but Tivvy and Mick will be there or thereabouts 60

dunno about Nigel tho

Cheeky buggars didn't even ask me :thumbup:

If they'd waited till next year it would be 40 years since it closed :thumbup: - boogar me 40 years, a lot of water under that bridge m8 :thumbup:

Hi Sean,

I,m sure the Soulfull Sessions crew will be in attendance, let me know what deals you can get on accommodation.

Looking forward to it already.

Best Rob h.

Great stuff Rob,

Will be great to see you, John Farrell and Lloydee all there!

And you can be assured of a warm Northern welcome mate.

This is shaping upto be really something.

A big bunch of Real Soul Music people in attendance!

Wicked!

Sean

Sounds great and the night before Boomerang, so it looks like a Weekender for merolleyes.gif Get those rooms rates sorted out Mr Sean! Cheers, Ady

Hi Ady,

Waiting for our contact to come back from sick leave before we nail the Room rates.

Will publish the price as soon as we have it!

Meanwhile, great to see and hear you at Lifeline t'other week.

Look forward to a further catch up when you come to your long weekend up north!

Sean

I wanna come, I wanna come

Fridays are a right pain, as I'm never really sure when Michael will arrive back home - nevertheless I will use my special charm on him and persuade him that he really should just come in, get washed and then take me back in the direction from whence he came...

Alternatively the Boro Boys could always make a slight detour and come and pick me up en route :thumbup:

Hi Sean, got the Pm mate (sorry not been on ss for a while), yeah i'll be coming my good man, really looking forward to this, can you still get accomadation in the hotel ?

Brett