Just Soul - 20Th November 09

• Replies 172
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for the PM Sean, will be at least 3 of us from Aycliffe staying over buddying up with the Boro boys, spoke with Adam last night and they are right up for it aswell

Kev

Too right Kev still finalising the people coming sure it will be an instant "must go venue" which hopefully will continue.

musically for me there isnt that many places I look forward to going these days.

Adam

Too right Kev still finalising the people coming sure it will be an instant "must go venue" which hopefully will continue.

musically for me there isnt that many places I look forward to going these days.

Adam

Spot on Adam, this one ticks all the boxes, Three old blokes playing real soul musicthumbsup.gif

Spot on Adam, this one ticks all the boxes, Three old blokes playing real soul musicthumbsup.gif

I have just booked the travelodge at blyth £29 for a triple room ....well one double bed one single and a roll out bed which as Im being mother will have the double.

Which is good as I am having to miss Orwell this month something to look forward to

Aadm

I have just booked the travelodge at blyth £29 for a triple room ....well one double bed one single and a roll out bed which as Im being mother will have the double.

Which is good as I am having to miss Orwell this month something to look forward to

Aadm

ahem Mr G. Were you not supposed to be Dad, and sort me out too ph34r.gif Oh well, I'll just have to do it myself.... as usual whistling.gif

ahem Mr G. Were you not supposed to be Dad, and sort me out too ph34r.gif Oh well, I'll just have to do it myself.... as usual whistling.gif

Sorry Kirsty

Its one of those pay now for £29.00. or its £44 normaly I tried texting you but have lost your number pm me it. Its the Blyth services one we will organise a mini bus if theres a few of us wont we Mr Hampsey?.

Sorry Kirsty

Its one of those pay now for £29.00. or its £44 normaly I tried texting you but have lost your number pm me it. Its the Blyth services one we will organise a mini bus if theres a few of us wont we Mr Hampsey?.

I'll forgive you. But will never forget ph34r.gif

Have booked up at Blyth, and am now on countdown till 20th November... its just 65 sleeps away thumbup.gif

Guest Gavin Page

Thank you Gavin,

Much appreciated.

Promises to be a right good do for all our crew.

Would be good to see you and yours there, along the way!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

The first one falls on my Weekend with Tom and Alice, may be the next one fingers crossed !

Booked in at Chez Tats, can't wait. Could be the do of the year!

I think you may be right Binsy! If we can use Soul Essence and also venues such as The Orwell as yardsticks musically It will be awsome. Cant we have a few prior plays Sean ? give people a taste of what to expect. A cross between the down beat lounge and friday, sat at essence would do nicely nicely .

Oh and theres at least 10 of us decending from the north east (inc Kirsty and Mike adopted north easterners)so if someone (Sean) can sort out a mini bus from the old services that will be grand.

Adam

It will be awsome. Cant we have a few prior plays Sean ? give people a taste of what to expect.

Adam

Errrrrr........... difficult to say Adam.....

..........its a bit like saying what do you fancy for your tea tomorrow?.....

....................but I'm guessing you'll be hearing stuff from the likes of Sam Dees, Bobby Womack, Willie Hutch, Tower of Power, O'Jays, Doris Duke, Johnnie Taylor, Aretha Franklin, Bobby Bland, Candi Staton, Masqueraders, Quiet Elegance, Jerry Butler, Willie Tee, Steve Mancha, Dells, Millie Jackson, Dramatics, George Jackson, Garland Green, Manhattens, Otis Clay, Paul Kelly, Temptations, Walter Jackson, Dells, Linda Jones, Dee Dee Warwick, Syl Johnson, Tyrone Davis, Carla Thomas, Marvin Gaye, Mavis Staples, Ovations, Lenny Williams, Originals, David Sea, Betty Wright, Bobby Taylor, Ann Peebles, Luther Ingram, Bettye Swann, James Brown, Gene Chandler, Curtis Mayfield, Jean Wells, John Edwards, L J Reynolds, Whispers, Al Green, Barbara Hall, Bill Brandon, David Ruffin... you know.... Just Soul stuff.....the sort of music you'd expect to hear at a Soul Night! :thumbup: along with a whole bunch of unplayed and underplayed, high calibre, Real Soul music... across the Board.

But don't hold me to it... its bound to be spontaneous on the night and who knows, we might get into House music next week... and it could all change...

...but I very much doubt it!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey

Do you know its 2YEARS since i took you in this room Sean ? !!! for those who missed the Lifeline weekenders at the venue-its the same place we used for Karens 40th and the guys are using the front bar (breakfast room) Which has a great feel to it.

The hotel has been given a MAJOR upgrade with all rooms now up to an exceptional standard, Worksop is just 15 mins away and also has a Travel lodge & a Best Western (Lion Hotel) a Taxi shared would not be expensive.

See you there

Rob & Karen

Do you know its 2YEARS since i took you in this room Sean ? !!! for those who missed the Lifeline weekenders at the venue-its the same place we used for Karens 40th and the guys are using the front bar (breakfast room) Which has a great feel to it.

The hotel has been given a MAJOR upgrade with all rooms now up to an exceptional standard, Worksop is just 15 mins away and also has a Travel lodge & a Best Western (Lion Hotel) a Taxi shared would not be expensive.

See you there

Rob & Karen

That's right mate, two whoooooooooooole years....

...and she doesn't look a minute older! :lol:

Never occurred to us at the time that this might be a venue we might use.

We were looking at the M1 only... but it does seem to fit the bill.

Look forward to seeing you both there Rob.

Think we're all agreed, its a really great venue.

The room we're in is known as the Neilsen Suite and we'll be using a separate entrance at the R/H side of the Building.

All good.

:rolleyes:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey

Sean/Andy looks like im going to have to drag my lazy lard of an arse down to this :lol:

You've been talking about doing this this for so long i said i'll not shave until they get it sorted... my beard is now 22.7 feet long :rolleyes: but i will be clean shaven when i see you in Blah this Saturday.

looking forward to this..no doubt with very little arm bending I will be bringing messers Pinches and Co but rest assured there will deffo be the friendship Mob there en mass

Geeooooooordie

Sean/Andy looks like im going to have to drag my lazy lard of an arse down to this :D

You've been talking about doing this this for so long i said i'll not shave until they get it sorted... my beard is now 22.7 feet long :thumbup: but i will be clean shaven when i see you in Blah this Saturday.

looking forward to this..no doubt with very little arm bending I will be bringing messers Pinches and Co but rest assured there will deffo be the friendship Mob there en mass

Geeooooooordie

T'will be great to have you along, Geordie lad!

Shaven or otherwise. :D

And looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night!

:thumbup:

Sean

Dont know if its due to the impending discotheque but aparantly the Traveldoge blyth is now fully booked november 20th so it might have to be a coach Sean !oh and why no Lattimore Brown!.

Adam

shades

Edited by Adam G

Dont know if its due to the impending discotheque but aparantly the Traveldoge blyth is now fully booked november 20th so it might have to be a coach Sean !oh and why no Lattimore Brown!.

Adam

:lol:

Already? :D

That's crazy Adam, there must be 60 odd rooms there!

For others wanting to stay over, the other Travel Lodge is just as close to the venue... @ Retford Markham Moor

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=171&clickref=DN22-0QU-RetfordMarkhamMoor

Unfortunately, my contact at Ye Olde Bell has not yet returned to work, following her operation.

Needless to say, we've not yet been able to nail a respectable Room rate at the venue itself... but I'll post on here as soon as I get to know something.

Transport to and from Blyth is being dealt with by Tats.

At some point we'll be asking for numbers so we know whether we need a Minibus, a 52 seater... or a whole fleet of em! :yes:

Cheers

Sean

PS: Yep, there just might be a tad of Lattimore Brown, Maxine Brown, Veda Brown, Shirley Brown and even a slice of Keisa Brown... but no Bobby! :yes:

Already? ohmy.gif

For others wanting to stay over, the other Travel Lodge is just as close to the venue... @ Retford Markham Moor

https://www.travelodg...fordMarkhamMoor

Unfortunately, my contact at Ye Olde Bell has not yet returned to work, following her operation.

Needless to say, we've not yet been able to nail a respectable Room rate at the venue itself... but I'll post on here as soon as I get to know something.

At some point we'll be asking for numbers so we know whether we need a Minibus, a 52 seater... or a whole fleet of em! biggrin.gif

Cheers

thumbsup.gif

Sean

PS: Yep, there just might be a tad of Lattimore Brown, Maxine Brown, Veda Brown, Shirley Brown and even a slice of Keisa Brown... but no Bobby! shades.gif

Think Adam,s right Sean, I couldn,t get anything available from there online so rang the central booking number, guy says yes we,ve got one left, £44, If anyone hasn,t booked yet I would advise them to ring rather than go online.

Kev

STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS

The Hotel have now come back to us with an acceptable bedroom rate for the night.

The Room Rate, for two sharing inc Breakfast is £65.00

Not quite Travel Lodge prices - but have you seen this place!

Rooms are going to go fast at this price (Normally £120) so please contact the Hotel asap on 01777 705 121 mentioning JUST SOUL in order to get this special rate.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey

Already? ohmy.gif

https://www.travelodg...fordMarkhamMoor

At some point we'll be asking for numbers so we know whether we need a Minibus, a 52 seater... or a whole fleet of em! biggrin.gif

Cheers

thumbsup.gif

Sean

PS: Yep, there just might be a tad of Lattimore Brown, Maxine Brown, Veda Brown, Shirley Brown and even a slice of Keisa Brown... but no Bobby! shades.gif

Transport being arranged by Tatsohmy.gif .laugh.gif .Good luck with the night,might even make it with Mrs H.........thumbsup.gif

Just got booked in at Ye Olde Bell, what a lovely lady on reception, she had to double check the rate as this is half the normal price and includes brekkie

(which is usually well over a tenner in this kind of hotel)

You must have had to use your immense powers of persuasion to get that rate Mr H!

Anyway we will fall into bed 2 Min's after the last recordsleep3.gifsleep3.gif sortedthumbup.gif

Blake + Nicky

Just got booked in at Ye Olde Bell, what a lovely lady on reception, she had to double check the rate as this is half the normal price and includes brekkie

(which is usually well over a tenner in this kind of hotel)

You must have had to use your immense powers of persuasion to get that rate Mr H!

Anyway we will fall into bed 2 Min's after the last recordsleep3.gifsleep3.gif sorted:thumbup:

Blake + Nicky

Great stuff Blake + Nicky!

The evening wouldn't be complete without you there!

:unsure:

Sean

STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS

After lengthy negotiations, we can proudly announce that we have secured the DJ'ing services of that gentle soul, the one and only, BULLY!

Discussions involved Tats receiving several deadlegs, an arm up the back and a slightly bruised midriff (quite a sizeable injury in his case) and although Tats resisted bravely and took his punishment like a man, I'm afraid that (as I bruise easily)... the big lad is now on the Team!

Welcome aboard Bulmeister!

:thumbsup:

Sean

After lengthy negotiations, we can proudly announce that we have secured the DJ'ing services of that gentle soul, the one and only, BULLY!

Discussions involved Tats receiving several deadlegs, an arm up the back and a slightly bruised midriff (quite a sizeable injury in his case) and although Tats resisted bravely and took his punishment like a man, I'm afraid that (as I bruise easily)... the big lad is now on the Team!

Welcome aboard Bulmeister!

thumbup.gif

Sean

THE BULMEISTER IS CRATING DIGGING AS HE TYPES....... SO MANY TUNES, SO LITTLE TIME SEAN!

GREAT TO BE ABOARD

ME THINKS THIS MAY BE "THE REAL DEAL"

SEAN..... wicked.gif

Guest Adam G

A bit of 'Just Soul' fun, for the weekend.

Just Soul - A Cure For Soul Night Boredom!

Sean

Jeezuz H christ on his bike Sean mr and mrs Hawkins are a lot more mobile these days :thumbsup:

Guest Kev Briscoe

Ye Old bell Hotel

Got a chance to see the place for the first time last week when I popped into the venue for a beer with Sean and Tats.

First time I've seen inside and it looks 'the business'!

Only concern is that it might be a little bit overwhelming for some of our northern cousins such as Fraser Dunn or the Geordie Boys. You know what I mean; fitted carpets, electricity (in every room!) and inside toilets! But I'm sure they will be able to cope!

As my old mate Blake as already mentioned the rooms there are a snip at £65 (inc. breakfast). Already got mine booked so me and Shaz don't have to argue about who's driving!!

Suspect that they will go quickly so don't delay if you want to stay within staggering distance!!

See Y'al there!

Kev Briscoe

THE BULMEISTER IS CRATING DIGGING AS HE TYPES....... SO MANY TUNES, SO LITTLE TIME SEAN!

GREAT TO BE ABOARD

ME THINKS THIS MAY BE "THE REAL DEAL"

SEAN..... :wicked:

Bloody hell Bully. I hope you don't sweat as much as you did when you dj'd at Clacton or we'll be swimming back to London:ph34r:

Can't wait for it, week after Bilbao as well:D

BRING THE TISSUES MATEthumbup.gif

and to think I always presumed you were a "wipe it up the curtains" kind of fella wink.gif

can't wait til November... I'm just hoping that no-one has been sent into a self-induced coma after watching Seans little video... laugh.gif

and to think I always presumed you were a "wipe it up the curtains" kind of fella wink.gif

can't wait til November... I'm just hoping that no-one has been sent into a self-induced coma after watching Seans little video... laugh.gif

Wait until you see the full 30 minute version, Kirsty.

There'll be a private showing in a separate room at the Hotel, for those who fancy an early night!

:thumbup:

Sean

Bloody hell Bully. I hope you don't sweat as much as you did when you dj'd at Clacton or we'll be swimming back to Londonph34r.gif

Can't wait for it, week after Bilbao as wellbiggrin.gif

That wasn't a big sweat Bins, you should have seen him after 30 seconds with Johnny Nelson !. unfortunately for bulmiester the dead legs are difficult to coordinate from the canvas.

Bullys kindly offered to do the door for an hour, so expect a few personal greetings (bruisings).

Tats

Guest Kev Briscoe

That wasn't a big sweat Bins, you should have seen him after 30 seconds with Johnny Nelson !. unfortunately for bulmiester the dead legs are difficult to coordinate from the canvas.

Bullys kindly offered to do the door for an hour, so expect a few personal greetings (bruisings).

Tats

I've seen Ian dancing, he has difficulty coordinating his legs at the best of times!!

Kev

Just a reminder WORKSOP TRAVEL LODGE aint a million miles away either check the web for cheap rooms

Rob

just checked it £22 for that night here

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?action=search&check_from=&locationCode=0&quickform=Y&location=worksop&checkInDate=20%2F11%2F2009&checkOutDate=21%2F11%2F2009&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=0&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley