Admission £5

An evening of Quality Soul Music in the company of:-

SEAN HAMPSEY - ANDY 'TATS' TAYLOR - KEVIN BRISCOE + BULLY

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

This superb venue is conveniently located on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire close to the A1, M1, M18 & M62 with Doncaster, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leeds, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Sheffield and Nottingham all within an hours drive.

You're gonna love it!

www.yeoldebell-hotel.co.uk

Its been a long time comin'.................... but finally....Following in the tradition of those classic venues PITCHES / PHOENIX /MUNSTERS / THORNE Nov 20th is going to be the launch of what we hopewill become a long running home for Real Soul Music 'across the board'.

Not just Northern, Not just Modern, Not just Crossover... Just Soul!

thumbup.gif

We look forward to seeing you on the night!

Guest Kev Briscoe

The Worcester crew, Rob, Steve, John & Gill are booked in at Markham Moor, who else is gonna be staying there? although not sure what time we will get there, would be good to meet up with others.

Rob h.thumbup.gif

Great to see you are all coming up!! Hope you are enjoying 'Wuss' this season!!

Kev

Guest Adam G

Ye Old bell Hotel

Got a chance to see the place for the first time last week when I popped into the venue for a beer with Sean and Tats.

First time I've seen inside and it looks 'the business'!

Only concern is that it might be a little bit overwhelming for some of our northern cousins such as Fraser Dunn or the Geordie Boys. You know what I mean; fitted carpets, electricity (in every room!) and inside toilets! But I'm sure they will be able to cope!

See Y'al there!

Kev

I hope your not including us with the "Geordie Boys" We are TEESSIDERS there is a marked difference we start wearing long sleeved tops 15 minutes before the Geordies usually the 28th of December for a half hour!.

I dont know how many geordies are going but I know theres at least a Darlo trio and a Boro quatro

will let you buy a drink at the bar. I hope Frasers making the journey

Adam

Kev Briscoe

• 2 weeks later...

STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS - STOP PRESS

The Hotel have now come back to us with an acceptable bedroom rate for the night.

The Room Rate, for two sharing inc Breakfast is £65.00

Not quite Travel Lodge prices - but have you seen this place!

Rooms are going to go fast at this price (Normally £120) so please contact the Hotel asap on 01777 705 121 mentioning JUST SOUL in order to get this special rate.

:wub:

Sean

Just a quick heads up!

The hotel are down to their last few Rooms.

I know some of you are wanting to stay but haven't yet booked!

Please don't leave it too late!

Get on the blower, sharpish!

Telephone 01777 705 121 mentioning JUST SOUL in order to get this special rate.

Cheers for now.

:yes:

Sean

Just a quick heads up!

The hotel are down to their last few Rooms.

I know some of you are wanting to stay but haven't yet booked!

Please don't leave it too late!

Get on the blower, sharpish!

Telephone 01777 705 121 mentioning JUST SOUL in order to get this special rate.

Cheers for now.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Hoping to make the trip over from Skeggy for this !!!!! Any room for a record stand Sean ??

Dave R.

Errrrrr........... difficult to say Adam.....

..........its a bit like saying what do you fancy for your tea tomorrow?.....

....................but I'm guessing you'll be hearing stuff from the likes of Sam Dees, Bobby Womack, Willie Hutch, Tower of Power, O'Jays, Doris Duke, Johnnie Taylor, Aretha Franklin, Bobby Bland, Candi Staton, Masqueraders, Quiet Elegance, Jerry Butler, Willie Tee, Steve Mancha, Dells, Millie Jackson, Dramatics, George Jackson, Garland Green, Manhattens, Otis Clay, Paul Kelly, Temptations, Walter Jackson, Dells, Linda Jones, Dee Dee Warwick, Syl Johnson, Tyrone Davis, Carla Thomas, Marvin Gaye, Mavis Staples, Ovations, Lenny Williams, Originals, David Sea, Betty Wright, Bobby Taylor, Ann Peebles, Luther Ingram, Bettye Swann, James Brown, Gene Chandler, Curtis Mayfield, Jean Wells, John Edwards, L J Reynolds, Whispers, Al Green, Barbara Hall, Bill Brandon, David Ruffin... you know.... Just Soul stuff.....the sort of music you'd expect to hear at a Soul Night! wink.gif along with a whole bunch of unplayed and underplayed, high calibre, Real Soul music... across the Board.

But don't hold me to it... its bound to be spontaneous on the night and who knows, we might get into House music next week... and it could all change...

...but I very much doubt it!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

So you and Tats dont spend endless hours pre-programming your spots, trying records and tempos against each other?whistling.gif

You do suprise me Mr Hwicked.gif

Not long now

Blake

So you and Tats dont spend endless hours pre-programming your spots, trying records and tempos against each other?whistling.gif

You do suprise me Mr Hwicked.gif

Not long now

Blake

Ahaha! it must be over 25 years since I did that. :thumbsup:

You must be referring to how me and Crofty used to sit down with our playboxes, every Saturday afternoon before the Nighter, looking for sounds with the right BPM that we could both work into a set and make into a Biggie.

Loadsa fun that was, but it wouldn't work for me and Tats... cos neither of us owns a Stopwatch. :thumbsup:

Gettin' exciting matey.

:no:

Sean

Ahaha! it must be over 25 years since I did that. :D

You must be referring to how me and Crofty used to sit down with our playboxes, every Saturday afternoon before the Nighter, looking for sounds with the right BPM that we could both work into a set and make into a Biggie.

Loadsa fun that was, but it wouldn't work for me and Tats... cos neither of us owns a Stopwatch. :thumbsup:

Gettin' exciting matey.

Sean

You can count the bpm on two hands now Sean :thumbsup: . Binsy has ignored my email ,so I guess hes sorted for this

Guest mark shepherd

now unable to make this, as part of the aycliffe 3

but mr griffiths may be taking up the baton

mother in laws 60th birthday........im sure its the second birthday she,s had this year........the BI*CH whistling.gif

now unable to make this, as part of the aycliffe 3

but mr griffiths may be taking up the baton

mother in laws 60th birthday........im sure its the second birthday she,s had this year........the BI*CH whistling.gif

Sorry to hear that Mark, then again, seeing as she's the age of most of the crowd we're expecting, just tell her you've organised a do with all her old school friends, and all the folk from way back when... and bring her with you!

She'll never twig - and am sure Bully will be able to make her feel right at home!

:thumbup:

Sean

Sorry to hear that Mark, then again, seeing as she's the age of most of the crowd we're expecting, just tell her you've organised a do with all her old school friends, and all the folk from way back when... and bring her with you!

She'll never twig - and am sure Bully will be able to make her feel right at home!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Never mind twoting about on 'tinternet get your EMS cd swop compiled,burnt and sentmellow.gif all your unreleased stuff will do for startersthumbup.gif

Blake

I know Tats is away in the Disney with Bully but how is the minibus organising going?. It imperitive I tell you :thumbup:

really looking forward to it now.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

We're into November, already, and getting ever closer to the opening night. :shades:

The vibe is incredible on this event and because of this we are being bombarded with requests for information.

So....... to make it easy for everyone, we have launched the Just Soul website, which should have all the info you'll need, regarding Location, Accommodation, Times, DJ's, Music policy etc.

Visit www.JustSoul.co.uk for the lowdown on what promises to be a very special evening, with Soul folk travelling from all parts of the UK.

The site has only just gone live and we're sure it will develop over time with Playlists, Feedback etc.

Please Note: Its worth mentioning that this is not a traditional Northern Soul night, but if you're looking for an event that plays truly 'across the board' real Soul Music then we look forward to seeing you at Just Soul!

thumbsup.gif

Sean, Tats, Kev, Bully

Afternoon all,

We're into November, already, and getting ever closer to the opening night. :lol:

The vibe is incredible on this event and because of this we are being bombarded with requests for information.

So....... to make it easy for everyone, we have launched the Just Soul website, which should have all the info you'll need, regarding Location, Accommodation, Times, DJ's, Music policy etc.

Visit www.JustSoul.co.uk for the lowdown on what promises to be a very special evening, with Soul folk travelling from all parts of the UK.

The site has only just gone live and we're sure it will develop over time with Playlists, Feedback etc.

Please Note: Its worth mentioning that this is not a traditional Northern Soul night, but if you're looking for an event that plays truly 'across the board' real Soul Music then we look forward to seeing you at Just Soul!

thumbsup.gif

Sean, Tats, Kev, Bully

Like the site Lads.

Looking forward to it and Pm'd Tats re MINIBUS!!!!.

I wonder how many records have been in and then out of the lads playboxes to date. Really anticipating the music policy. :shades:

Adam

Like the site Lads.

Looking forward to it and Pm'd Tats re MINIBUS!!!!.

I wonder how many records have been in and then out of the lads playboxes to date. Really anticipating the music policy. thumbsup.gif

Adam

Thanks Adam,

Appreciate the feedback and glad you like it! :thumbsup:

Its work in progress and should develop as the gig gets up a head of steam!

Did Tats get back to you?

Sean

Afternoon all,

We're into November, already, and getting ever closer to the opening night. smile.gif

thumbsup.gif

Sean, Tats, Kev, Bully

Nice site Love.

Thank goodness it's more interesting than your attempt at an ad....

Though I'm a bit concerned that you may be aiming high in the hope of attracting some "young chicks" that you'll be able to take photos of...

See ya in a fortnight

x

Nice site Love.

Thank goodness it's more interesting than your attempt at an ad....

Though I'm a bit concerned that you may be aiming high in the hope of attracting some "young chicks" that you'll be able to take photos of...

See ya in a fortnight

x

Thanks Kirsty,

Glad you like it. :yes:

We'll certainly need some ladies around so will be good to see you there.

Tats is polishing his lens in anticipation!

Sean

x

Tats is polishing his lens in anticipation!

biggrin.gif

Sean

x

Thanks.

I now have a rather disturbing image of our little rotund friend, semi clad and vigorously polishing ph34r.gif

I'll probably have nightmares later laugh.gif

Guest Brett F

Hoping to get transport sorted for the night, certainly is my kinda' soul night, Simom M, you won't like it, there will be to 'Euro-Tech Garage', or whatever thing it is that you like to please Scandanavians with.

Brett

Edited by Brett F

With Tats scurrying around the States at the mo I guess he will be bringing some tunes to play for the first time.....even though the man has tunes he hasn't even played yet.

I am looking forward to this one and from the feedback looks like it will be a packer!!!

Roll on the Night

Jonathan

https://www.youtube.com/user/INDALOSOULCLUB

Edited by INDALOSOULCLUB

Just 10 more days until this long talked about and much anticipated night is upon us thumbup.gif

Thankfully I have eradicated the image of My Taylor polishing his lens from my head, and haven't succumbed to re-watching Seans exhilerating promotional video...

So, instead of needing therapy, I'm in need of an absolutely fantastic night of Just Soul.

Can't wait

So, instead of needing therapy, I'm in need of an absolutely fantastic night of Just Soul.

Yep - and a good local Plumber too, Kirsty! :thumbup:

Last call for the last few rooms available at the Hotel.

If you fancy staying over on the night don't miss the fantastic Special Rate on offer.

Call the Hotel now and mention 'Just Soul'.

Cheers

:D

Sean

Thats me sorted , can't wait for this .''Abit wet a'round tip'' as we say in Mid-Derbys

You might need a trip to the doctors if you're a bit wet round tip... :ph34r:

Visiting the hairdressers tomorrow so that I no longer resemble an eccentric old lady wearing a fur hat whistling

Booked the whole day off work now was only goin to have a half day but hey got to get showered put on my snappy duts and ensure im first at the Bar.Mr Bri Pinch is accompanying me but still a few spaces in the Autoif anyone from Barnsley wants a trip down good.gif

BULLY.....Humph.... how come you sent mr whiteley some CDS!!!!! come on lad run a few off my way so i can enjoy,

Geeoooooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson

You might need a trip to the doctors if you're a bit wet round tip... ph34r.gif

Visiting the hairdressers tomorrow so that I no longer resemble an eccentric old lady wearing a fur hat whistling.gif

Kirsty , Kirsty , I thought someone would take it the wrong way . It means it makes the mouth water you little minx you .

Guest mark shepherd

the situation (mother in laws 60th birthday bash) that prevented me from attending this do, is now unfolding before my very eyes thumbsup.gif

the mother in laws circle of friends are hatching a plan to take her away for her birthday, on the same friday as this do thumbup.gif

hey presto, i can attend, its not in the bag yet, but its more than 50 / 50 in my favour

fingers crossed i'll be attending, what looks like a fantastic night of soul music........................shep

Anyone requiring transport to and from the TRAVEL LODGE to the event...please pm me. so i can sort out the numbers

cheers

Tats

laugh.gifTats & Mini Buses, made me smile!

looking forward to this one and on our doorstep as well, its been a long time coming hope that front room is going to be big enough Sean-is there anything in the back room on friday night?

See you there

Rob & Karen

BEEN DIGGING IN THE CRATES ALL MORNING, (SEE FACEBOOK) REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS,

BE THERE EARLY FOR THE BULMEISTER!!!!!thumbsup.gif

Try as I might I just cannot drive 'facebook'sad.gif

Peeps send me messages, 'write on my wall' ask me to join things......................................ohmy.gif

I get loads of e-mails telling me all this but I just cant make it work, I need a crash course on the workings of this strange phenomenon

Anyoneg.gif

But...................back on topic, we should be down early for Bully, got some requestsph34r.gif

M.glare.gif

We'll have Bridlington 2010 Flyers with us--anyone who get get some out for us around the country let us know ! also if any of our regular flyer gang are attending drop us a pm and it will save us a ton in postage !

We'll aslo have Bridlington tickets with us for sale £20 each of course !

Looking forward to this

R & K

Try as I might I just cannot drive 'facebook'sad.gif

Peeps send me messages, 'write on my wall' ask me to join things......................................ohmy.gif

I get loads of e-mails telling me all this but I just cant make it work, I need a crash course on the workings of this strange phenomenon

Anyoneg.gif

But...................back on topic, we should be down early for Bully, got some requestsph34r.gif

M.glare.gif

We will be there nice and early as well, never heard Bully play a set out but the man has got an impeccable taste in soul music so really looking forward to his spot and the rest of the night , should be a cracker.

See you Friday

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gif:rolleyes:

We will be there nice and early as well, never heard Bully play a set out but the man has got an impeccable taste in soul music so really looking forward to his spot and the rest of the night , should be a cracker.

See you Friday

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

paul,

Yes bullys got a good ear for a soul choon, dont let him dead leg you though buddy !!!

Got me once playing rugby against him, on cold mornings i still limp !!!!!! not_i.gif