What Was The 30Th Anniversary Single Then?

Quinvy

• Replies 32
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So what was on the single, and has anyone put the sound files up in Refosoul yet?

A side- Jackie Day, Get to steppin'

B side- Larry banks & Jaibi- My life is no better

What a great anniversary 45!:lol: I'd never even heard of the b side before i got home & played it this morning. What a gem!:)

Kylee, logged in as Simsy because i couldn't be bothered to log out & in again!:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

So who's gonna be the first to sell their copy?? :lol:

I may know somebody that would be interested. :D

Try? nah sorry can't reveal the name. But needless to say they've had them for sale on the train home on at least one occasion, straight after the niter one year. And other times, the week after.

Social source share

The Dynamics cut of 'My Life Is No Better' is on the Larry Banks Family comp that Ady put out a while back and is much more polished and fantastic, but I think maybe this version pips it....dripping with soul and Jaibi's vocal is incredible.The male vocal is also sublime. Sounds awesome out at the 100 as well.

Top, top record....

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Best one yet,been offered silly money already for my copy.......thanks Ady top man. :thumbsup: i'm holding out though :thumbsup:

PS Larry Banks is the side.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Quality double sider thumbup.gif

this will defo be worth the most of any of the anniversary singles so far, so glad i got 2 copies thumbup.gif

I bourght 3 copys,sold all 3 for double,bad move ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I bourght 3 copys,sold all 3 for double,bad move ? laugh.gif

3 figure record all day long Ken shades.gif i tried to ponce a few of others too but had no luck so it must of been you who got there first biggrin.gif

Social source share

3 figure record all day long Ken shades.gif i tried to ponce a few of others too but had no luck so it must of been you who got there first biggrin.gif

Dont tell me that. :thumbsup:

PS how about some votes in the green box eh!

larry banks and jaibi - my life is no better - 100 30th anniversary -

jackie day - get a steppin' - 100 club anniversary -

Edited by ken
Social source share

Dont tell me that. laugh.gif

PS how about some votes in the green box eh!

larry banks and jaibi - my life is no better - 100 30th anniversary -

jackie day - get a steppin' - 100 club anniversary -

im getting silly offers all over a ton for me spare Ken but i reckon it could go to 4 figures by the end of the week wicked.gif

Social source share

usually the first copy post anniversary night goes for a high value eg £80 then as more come on the price settles down to £50-70 then sellers dry up after a couple of weeks. As long as Ady doesnt put a CD out with the B-sides these will retain their demand & i think actually releasing a CD highlights their quality & could see more collectors of the whole series. The 100 club feels like Xmas on the night with everyone walking round clutching the free pressie. Ebay disc currently £31 with 3 days to go.

Social source share

usually the first copy post anniversary night goes for a high value eg £80 then as more come on the price settles down to £50-70 then sellers dry up after a couple of weeks. As long as Ady doesnt put a CD out with the B-sides these will retain their demand & i think actually releasing a CD highlights their quality & could see more collectors of the whole series. The 100 club feels like Xmas on the night with everyone walking round clutching the free pressie. Ebay disc currently £31 with 3 days to go.

Has the seller put sound files with it ??

Social source share

Carla Thomas (12th) just gone for £113 on Ebay....silly, i am sure that used to come up a lot & worth £30 max. Melba Moore (5th) £55 is going up too.

Carla T almost impossible to find now,i'll give you £35 and most records are cheap when they first come out or even free :thumbup: its the ones that come out and start at £15/£20 with all the limited edition blerb extra fiver for a promo that isnt a promo,that stay or even drop in price :)

Well thats what i think !! :thumbup:

Social source share

sure, as someone who has every anniversary 7' i realise thats one of the joys that they are definately a limited small run & eventually supply dries up & thats why i dont bother buying reissues for £10-15 when they will be worth less in future. Better to buy one disc for £100 than 10 for £10 i say. Anyhow what price Chuck Jackson (6T 8) if Carla T worth 4* what it was a year ago :-)

Social source share

sure, as someone who has every anniversary 7' i realise thats one of the joys that they are definately a limited small run & eventually supply dries up & thats why i dont bother buying reissues for £10-15 when they will be worth less in future. Better to buy one disc for £100 than 10 for £10 i say. Anyhow what price Chuck Jackson (6T 8) if Carla T worth 4* what it was a year ago :-)

The same !! :yes:

Social source share

Dont want to put a dampner on proceedings but I heard Ady play both at Rugby

and :wave: neither track floated my boat :g: sorry guys and gals :thumbsup:

but cannot be bad when the freebie single covers your cost for the night and some spare change (if you sell it of course)

My two top ann singles have to be Carla & Chuck Jackson :thumbup: incredible records :g::D

Social source share

Dont want to put a dampner on proceedings but I heard Ady play both at Rugby

and :P neither track floated my boat :unsure: sorry guys and gals :)

but cannot be bad when the freebie single covers your cost for the night and some spare change (if you sell it of course)

My two top ann singles have to be Carla & Chuck Jackson :D incredible records :yes::D

Not me guv, i only played the Jackie Day side. Like any good record though it takes more than one listen in a big room with the Daleks singing backing.

Social source share

:boxing: THE 30TH ANNAVERSARY SINGLE IS PERHAPS THE 3RD BEST TO COME OUT, CARLA THOMAS BEING THE BEST & MELBOR MOORE 2ND..KEELE SEEMS TAS O HAVE FINISHED AND ONLY ATTENDED 3 100 Club Allnighters if made welcome I will try and get down to a few this year? as my health issues have worsend recenantly it would be good to take someone with me who lives in WOLVES any body interested let me know? FINALLY I have noticed copys for sale of the 30th single?:ph34r: DAVE KIL
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert