Big Daddy Rogers 'i'm A Big Man'

Andybellwood

Heard this track on the P-VINE blues comp. album recently - sounds slower and different mix ? Is it an alternative , otherwise unreleased studio take, recorded at the same time as the Midas 45 release ?

Manifesto Soul Club Friday 11th Sept

Marine Villa Road , Knottingley. West Yorkshire

guest DJs Andy Bellwood& Dale Byers /Alex Simms & Rosie

JACK KITCHING CHARITY APPEAL EVENT FRIDAY 11 DEC (FREE CD TO 1ST 50 )

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yep... completely different sax on the sax break for a start.

Yep, that's correct-a-mundo !! It was one of two Japanese LP's I bought, at the same time, from Soul Bowl in the early 90's - the other being P-Vines 'Deep Soul Classics Vol.12' (with the alt. Sam Dees).

There was no indication from Mr Anderson that Sam Dees was a different cut to the released 45 version and I was totally blown away when I first put the needle on the vinyl. Being suitably excited upon making the discovery (re: Sam Dee's) and was salivating profusely at the prospect I might be in for an equally pleasant suprise with the 'Big Man' track - only to be very quickly dissapopinted to discover that, although different to the 45, it was a much more 'down beat' & bluesier version !!

Ah well.. can't have it all, can we thumbup.gif

Fingers shades.gif

Social source share

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Classis track any record which has lyrics like 'Im going to take you to the wood shed and drop a couple of planks on you'

gets my votethumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!