Holiday In Holland

Guest paulf

Guest paulf

For all those that are into things Scooters as well as their Soul, the end of this month brings probably what is the best European Scooter rally of the year - Holiday in Holland

Check out the web site for details...

https://www.holidayinholland.org.uk/

I went there for the first time last year and it was a real eye opener. Lots of kids (ok quite a few 30/40 somethings) from all over Europe wanting to have a great time.

The venue for the weekend has excellent facilities and as would be expected for any true scooter event it has a Northern Soul room (on both nights).

This year I have volunteered my DJing services to Sticky and the Speed Demons SC (event organisers) and must say that I am really excited about the chance :D to spin some tunes with some of lads over from Germany.

If anyone has thought about it I would highly recommend - you won't be disappointed. More people are catching on each year. Just need to make sure you come on a scooter (i'll be on mine).

Cheers

Paul Franklin

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Paul

I've been the past two years, but can't afford it this time :angry:

There are about 16 from Salford Knights Scooter Club going (departing from Hull on the wednesday).

Have a great time, hope it doesn't rain.

Peter

Guest silky

Hi Guys,

I wasn't last year but all the years before...I really can recommend this weekend...and I'm jealous :yes: 'cause I also cannot go this time, don't have my scooter over here in Dublin and also have no time atm....but I wish you all the best of fun and a safe ride. :yes:

Cheers

Silke

Hi Paul

There are about 16 from Salford Knights Scooter Club going (departing from Hull on the wednesday).

Peter

link

Hi Paul

Peter

link

Salford Knights ... my that brings back memories .... Belle Vue Aces Number 1's meeting .. can't even remember the year ... probably about 1985!!!! Couldn't possibly drive home so slept in the back of a Datsun estate with about 12 others !!!

For all those that are into things Scooters as well as their Soul, the end of this month brings probably what is the best European Scooter rally of the year - Holiday in Holland

Check out the web site for details...

https://www.holidayinholland.org.uk/

I went there for the first time last year and it was a real eye opener. Lots of kids (ok quite a few 30/40 somethings) from all over Europe wanting to have a great time.

The venue for the weekend has excellent facilities and as would be expected for any true scooter event it has a Northern Soul room (on both nights).

This year I have volunteered my DJing services to Sticky and the Speed Demons SC (event organisers) and must say that I am really excited about the chance :yes: to spin some tunes with some of lads over from Germany.

If anyone has thought about it I would highly recommend - you won't be disappointed. More people are catching on each year.  Just need to make sure you come on a scooter (i'll be on mine).

Cheers

Paul Franklin

link

My Sparing partenr Andy Horne will be in attendance, not for me though never really been into scooters. He informs me this is a very good trip :yes:

Guest Roccia

I've never been to HIH, but a lot of friends told me is a fantastic rally. With a dedicated northern soul room it is even more tempting for me...

But this year I have to miss Isle Of Wight as well, 'cos I'll be in England the first week end on Sepember for Plinston and the South Coast Alldayer.

Maybe next year...

Ride safe!

Roccia

Ace Of Spades S.C. Pisa

Armed Forces S.C.

Lambretta Club Tuscany

Vespa Club Pisa

I've never been to HIH, but a lot of friends told me is a fantastic rally. With a dedicated northern soul room it is even more tempting for me...

But this year I have to miss Isle Of Wight as well, 'cos I'll be in England the first week end on Sepember for Plinston and the South Coast Alldayer.

Maybe next year...

Ride safe!

Roccia

Ace Of Spades S.C. Pisa

Armed Forces S.C.

Lambretta Club Tuscany

Vespa Club Pisa

link

Roccia ... may catch up with you... missing IOW we have a northern do on now all 3 nights...

Guest Trifle

This is THE best rally (IMFHO). :yes:

Third year for me.

Being abroad just makes it that bit better.

I think it may have outgrown the venue though!! :D

I'm glad Andy's going... he usually puts my tent up for me... crooked and facing the wrong way, but .... still ... :yes:

Mischief, wojja mean missing IOW?? :D

Guest the dukester

Roccia is missing the IOW...

I'm not they need me there so I can play my usual crap set so every other dj on the island sounds good..

"thats as loud as it goes its a reissue"

:D

link

MANY A TRUE WORD SAID IN JEST :D:yes::D:D:D

ROCCIA, OCTOBER EAST COAST SOUL MATE, TELL THE WORLD :yes:

Guest ScooterNik

I'll be there, Lancashire to Harwich (I worked out it saves me about £150 if i do that instead of Hull), drunk for three days and then back. Sounds like a GOOD plan to me :ohmy:

Guest paulf

I'll be there, Lancashire to Harwich (I worked out it saves me about £150 if i do that instead of Hull), drunk for three days and then back. Sounds like a GOOD plan to me :yes:

link

If you drive a little further to Eurotunnel from Folkstone at certain times its £60 rtn (that's what we pay), your in France in half an hour, only another 100 miles from Calais. Save another £90 quid for beers! :ohmy:

See yer there :thumbsup:

Guest ScooterNik

DAMN!!!!!!! :angry:

Missed that one. Mind you i think its going to be the thick end of 900 miles round trip so that will do me?

Actually, with my navigating it will probably be nearer 1200 :thumbsup:

DAMN!!!!!!! :angry:

Missed that one. Mind you i think its going to be the thick end of 900 miles round trip so that will do me?

Actually, with my navigating it will probably be nearer 1200 :thumbsup:

link

hope you've not got a nice sporty racing seat on that scooter... sore bum

post-970-1121720265.jpg

Edited by mischief
Guest Trifle

Yeah, but ... add to that extra 100 miles, the extra how many miles to Dover. :thumbsup:

And the French drive like we do.

Nah, rather do the Hook to Borculo and pay the extra.

Hey Franklin... I hope you're takin some decent RnB witcha. Pleeeeeeez. :yes:

Mischief... you is a great DJ, don't you take no notice of the bad man. :ohmy:

Guest paulf

Yeah, but ... add to that extra 100 miles, the extra how many miles to Dover.  :rolleyes:

And the French drive like we do.

Nah, rather do the Hook to Borculo and pay the extra.

Hey Franklin... I hope you're takin some decent RnB witcha. Pleeeeeeez.  :D

Mischief... you is a great DJ, don't you take no notice of the bad man.  :unsure:

link

I have been told not to go too experimental in the Northern room - give me your R&B requests and I'm sure I can slip in a few? :shhh: as long as you promise to dance like a crazy banana :thumbsup:

PF

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Simon Cuerden here, I am a newbie on here and I have joined to find the DJ who has just recently visited Borculo in Holland to DJ during the scooter run.

I would like to apologize for my drunken behavior, I was responsible for the gaggle of people asking you to play the Snake and I am also the dickhead who told you that all these tunes were available on CD.

Kudos to you mate for taking it in your stride, you played an excellent set that was enjoyed by all!

I closed my eyes and for a moment it was like being back in Imber.

Yours Simon Cuerden www.tafsc.com

Guest paulf

Hi, Simon Cuerden here, I am a newbie on here and I have joined to find the DJ who has just recently visited Borculo in Holland to DJ during the scooter run.

I would like to apologize for my drunken behavior, I was responsible for the gaggle of people asking you to play the Snake and I am also the dickhead who told you that all these tunes were available on CD.

Kudos to you mate for taking it in your stride, you played an excellent set that was enjoyed by all!

I closed my eyes and for a moment it was like being back in Imber.

Yours Simon Cuerden www.tafsc.com

link

Simon - You and your mates had me in fits. I really had a great time and I can't recommend the w/e enough.

My favourite 5 tunes of the w/e:

1. Joe Hicks - Don't it make you feel funky

2. Eddie Holman - Eddies My Name

3. Dean Courtney - I always need you

4. Edwin Starr - Don't tell than I'm Crazy

5. Frankie Valli - The Night

I hope they sort out the complaining neighbour for next year and perhaps one day the beer spillers on the dance floor will get the message but we live in hope.

Who knows I might even get to Holland on the first attempt without having to rebuild my engine!

Cheers to all that made it along.

Paul Franklin

Source Advert