Where Are The Shotts Soulies

Guest laticsbluesmon

Guest laticsbluesmon

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW THESE SOULIES ARE DOING

JIM TENNENT . KERSO . JG. GILBERT. POL DEVLIN . BUDGIE, ACCY FRAE ABERDEEN. JIM O'HARA PAULINE & JULIE FROM MOTHERWELL THE LADS & LASSES FROM TRANNENT & MUSSLEBURGH PABLO, SEDGE BIG WULLIE ,STUART SPENCE , MARTIN BROGAN, DAVIE WINDRAM, COLIN NO RESECT 4 THE LAW,KIETH WHITSON YOGI HAUGHTON MARK LINTON TEF GAZ KELLETT BILLY MERCER STAN BUT TO NAME A FEW, OTHERS I HAVE SEEN ON SOULSOURCE SUCH AS JOCK ,BIG H ALAN & STEVE WALLS, ANDY DENNISON

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Used to travel with the Fife lot to Shotts (though now live in Yorkshire). Fairly recently met Steve, Alan & Jim O'Hara at Guys 50th in Stoke. Met Mark Linton down here in recent years at a couple of dos. Chuddy's wedding brought a few people out of the woodwork too! Everybody seems to still be breathing and can make it to the dance floor so that's a good sign!!

Mark.

Social source share

JIM TENNENT . KERSO . JG. GILBERT. POL DEVLIN . BUDGIE, ACCY FRAE ABERDEEN. JIM O'HARA PAULINE & JULIE FROM MOTHERWELL THE LADS & LASSES FROM TRANNENT & MUSSLEBURGH PABLO, SEDGE BIG WULLIE ,STUART SPENCE , MARTIN BROGAN, DAVIE WINDRAM, COLIN NO RESECT 4 THE LAW,KIETH WHITSON YOGI HAUGHTON MARK LINTON TEF GAZ KELLETT BILLY MERCER STAN BUT TO NAME A FEW, OTHERS I HAVE SEEN ON SOULSOURCE SUCH AS JOCK ,BIG H ALAN & STEVE WALLS, ANDY DENNISON

Most are still on the go..... Gilbert runs Pineapple soul in Greenock guest DJ tonight is Mark Linton.... Acky runs granite city with his allnighter on tonight guest Andy Dennison..... Colin and Jock last seen last saturday at 100 club.....Keith Whitson on at Bumpin & Stompin in Edinburgh along with Andy Dennison 26th September.......Yogi runs a night in Edinburgh also, if you look at "SoulScotland" website you will see a few still pop up.

Philly

Social source share

Guest laticsbluesmon

Used to travel with the Fife lot to Shotts (though now live in Yorkshire). Fairly recently met Steve, Alan & Jim O'Hara at Guys 50th in Stoke. Met Mark Linton down here in recent years at a couple of dos. Chuddy's wedding brought a few people out of the woodwork too! Everybody seems to still be breathing and can make it to the dance floor so that's a good sign!!

Mark.

cheers for the info

Social source share

AS MARK AND PHILLY SAYS MOST THE GUYS ARE STILL PRETTY ACTIVE ON THE SOUL SCENE, I'M GOOD MATES WITH KERSO AND WAS DOWN TO SEE LAST WEEKEND, HE'S MORE INTO TECHNO THAN SOUL THESE DAYS, STEWART SPENCE ENJOYS THE QUIET FAMILY LIFE AND THE LASSES FROM TRANNENT ARE STILL GOIN STRONG!

Social source share

AS MARK AND PHILLY SAYS MOST THE GUYS ARE STILL PRETTY ACTIVE ON THE SOUL SCENE, I'M GOOD MATES WITH KERSO AND WAS DOWN TO SEE LAST WEEKEND, HE'S MORE INTO TECHNO THAN SOUL THESE DAYS, STEWART SPENCE ENJOYS THE QUIET FAMILY LIFE AND THE LASSES FROM TRANNENT ARE STILL GOIN STRONG!

Hey Big H you probably don't remember, but I tried desperately to get you to sell me Rance Alan Group 'Did you see what they've done' in my deep soul days - eventually got one 15 years later! Still got your deep tape!

Mark

Social source share

Guest laticsbluesmon

hi big H cheers for the info you'll guess who this is when i say cabbage & shotts [allanton] in the same sentence i've been in touch with gilbert & should be going to the pineapple soul club nite in october ;tell kerso i'm asking of him i myself love detroit techno and used to attend club 69 in paisley juan akins the top boy cheers for taking the time out to reply much apprechiated kft the turtle ph34r.gif

Social source share

Teffs sitting at the side of me mate, at Kitch's gaff in Florida on a Jolly. All well and good and off for a game of golf. He says hello.

I know who you are, last saw you at Shelly's in Stokeg.gif

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest oldsoulboy2

Totally totally love the badge H superb Duse will be happy.

post-12871-12582986367294_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Melted On Pot

Aye, he's doing his local Mod night once again mate ! :ohmy: (No Techno right enough, I'd imagine)

You're more than welcome to come along and see him do his thing. :thumbup:

Edited by Melted On Pot
Social source share

Aye, he's doing his local Mod night once again mate ! :ohmy: (No Techno right enough, I'd imagine)

You're more than welcome to come along and see him do his thing. :thumbsup:

Bit far for me mucker, he's coming snowboarding with me in Jan so I'll get him to bring a CDthumbsup.gif

Know he used to have a scooter, with Clyde valley I believe. Knew a few of them lads back in the 80s, especially Andy Smith from Falkirk who used to do nighters late 70s early 80s.

Here's Kerso's website: My link

Social source share

Guest Melted On Pot

He's a good lad is Kerso. Helped us out a lot when we were starting up the club, loaned us a mixer ect and also played a nice Soul set the opening night. (four and a half years ago now) Aye he had a Scooter and was talking at one point about getting another (Don't know if he ever got round to it) He was a member of the Hamilton Ghosts back in the day.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oldsoulboy2

Aye, he's doing his local Mod night once again mate ! :yes: (No Techno right enough, I'd imagine)

You're more than welcome to come along and see him do his thing. :shhh:

Don't think I can make it due to alarmingly low number o brownie points but give Kerso my regards and tell him we'll have him doon at the Pineapple, once again minus the Techno (Good Lord!!).

Gilbert

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!