Peterborough Reunion

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The best night of soul I have attended in a long time well worth the 125 miles round trip friendly people and great sounds what more can I say.

Massive thanks to Paul D for hooking me up with tickets, you played a great spot mate, filled with classic sounds and the dance floor loved it keep it up.

I would also like to thank every one who put there hand in there pocket and chucked there change in the bucket, and raised £60 for Soul for Heroes.

Once again big Thanks to Paul and all.

Caveman "pete"

Soul for Heroes

Guest Dave Turner

PAUL THANK YOU.

THE BOLLOCKS.

SKIP/SHIRL.

FRY-OUT.

Your slurring yer words again mucka, are ya pissed ???

Yup it was a good 'un alright

Edited by Dave Turner

Cor did'nt they play alot of shit :P:( apart from the normal classics they played it was a good night bit better than the cresset who charge you £8 to get in. So can't complain for free. hehehe.good.gif

Well worth the trip there and back - even the delay on t'way down - from sunny Donny .

It was a pleasure to see , and be in a well attended venue , with punters who were enjoying themselves and the music .

Well done to all concerned last night , especially Wayne and Dave thumbsup.gif

Malc Burton

A fab night, a great entrance fee whistling.gif , a huge crowd, a lot of faces from the forum (nice to meet prof turnups, Stef & Alan). majority of the tunes were top drawer. we enjoyed it. The only niggle was the bunch of handbaggers plonking their drinks on the floor and dancin around emrolleyes.gif , but they soon buggered off when addressed on the micboxing.giflaugh.gif .

Well done to the organisers, a fine evenings' entertainment

Right then where to start......

Firstly to thank Paul for inviting us down and 'hosting' our first ever foray into deepest Peterborough for a soul night. It was great to hear stories of the Wirrina ----and actually meet the folk that wentthumbup.gif

Even had a impromptu tour of the Wirrina--well its ghost shall we say--part of the building is still there--the rest is a car park...mmmmmg.gif reminds me of somewhere closer to homebiggrin.gif

Anyway to the venue and event at the 'post office social club peterborough. We weren't sure what to expect----no worries there then--it was fantasticyes.gif

Arrived there after dining alfresco with Mr Donelley and chum Bully---thanks again Paul for thatthumbsup.gif . Got in the venue just before 8 to hear younger brother Mick D do his set-------interesting ..in a good way a lot of new 'uns to these dinosaur ears--really enjoyed that.

Before I go any further I must give credit where its due to Wayne and Dave. They've got a cracking little set up here--friendly,secure and full of punters who go for a good time. Long may it continue lads and btw Wayne ,the Hotel was brilliant,just what we needed after a long trip from far north Staffordshire.So thanks for that Wayne and I hope your son enjoys Keele--the Uni not the nighterunsure.gif .

This night flowed along nicely --with a great mix of sounds. Its great to see DJ's at work clearly enjoying themselves--this then transfers to the 200+punters, which then results in what we had here --a cracking nightthumbup.gif

Nice to meet new friends--who made us welcome, and lads that i have met before.---- felt as though I was a regular here and it was only our first trip(not the last btwthumbsup.gif )

Will see a few of these folks again ,I suspect , at the Torch Reunion from convs we had last night in smokers cornerwicked.gif .

Quick mentions to Smudge,Bully (and twin) Skip, Malc, Keith Hammond (the perfect meeter/greeter see you at Tunstall mate) Dave Turner(double decking buddy) and folks that I forget the names nowwhistling.gif

Now this leads me to the reason of my forgetfulnessunsure.gif I was confused by the mathematical skills of the bar staff. My first round--am sure they undercharged meshades.gif On my next visit they seemed to undercharge me again. I thought this is good yes.gif In fact so good I made numerous trips to the bar just too see if they would continue undercharging---they didwicked.gif

So I had a fab night and-----------------went home with money in my pocket and bit of a hangover this morningshades.gif . Brilliant when s the next onewicked.gif

Guest skipstuart

Ive re-done wirrina link thank you........Hows me old mates Malc.....&....Jez.

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN EASIER LINK TO REUNION>>>THANK YOU>>>

Edited by skipstuart
Guest Dave Turner

Cracking vid of photos mate. Every fookers on there but me mellow.gif I think they were holdin' the camera too high good.gif

1.20 Donnelly's forgot what record he's put on

2.27 I keep telling Wally to shake the drips off before he puts it back in his trousers but he just don't listen. no.gif

Guest smudgesmith

Good to see so many friendly faces.........It is always a pleasure to be asked to play tunes at the Wirrana reunion,long may they continue.

Travelers from all over and not a caravan in site.

Smokers corner was well patronized and spawned plenty of chat and humour..............Nice to see Jez and his better half...last time we bumped into each other was Bradford some months ago.

Jonah stayed sober all night......obviously on a promise!!!!!!!

Ginger Dave travelled the 2 hours from darn sarf to enjoy the night "best night Ive had with my clothes on" good on yer Dave

Minit skip says he didnt get your picture because you stood behind a chair....you should have stood on it:wanker:

Well done everyone Smudge

Edited by smudgesmith

Left straight from work, so didn't arrive there until approx 8.45pm & new it was a packer due to amount of cars outside. Wasn't sure what to expect musically, as it was a "Re-union" type night, but must say that it was thoroughly enjoyable with some super sounds played by the Jock's, some "Long time no hear" tunes aswell as those that reminded me as to what drew me to the scene in the first place good.gif

A packed floor all night & a few hand-baggers to boot & they looked like they were enjoying themselves too, even after Paul had put them right as to the "dance-floor etiquette" regarding drinks.

Well done to all the Jock's / Promoters etc, a very good night indeed. Oh & thanks to Smudge for the request.........awesome tune my friend.

cheers,

John Mc thumbup.gif

Guest soul58uk

Thanks for all the comments about the venue and atmosphere, and huge thanks to Paul for his efforts, it was a cracking night and everyone seemed to have a real good time.

The Soul 'ole always has a good atmosphere cos thats what we try and promote, "a good night out with your mates enjoying something we all love"

and Jez, yeah the drinks are always ridiculously cheap! (JD and coke £1.20!! I mean...)

I really hope a few of the first time attendees will pay us another visit, it probably won't be rammed like this time but hey there will be a bit more room on the dance floor!!

and btw we have been going for over 6 years now!!

Next one is November 13th, where we have secured the services of Mark Freeman and Bob Banks to entertain you with of course residents Andy Smith and Dave Forrest.

See y'all at the Torch reunion!!

Wayne

PS the handbaggers were on a birthday night out, some of them are now coming to a few do's locally and seem to be getting into it, so lets welcome new blood! They were very good when told what they were doing wrong and seem very interested in the scene, so give them a chance eh! We all had to learn the rules once!!

Edited by soul58uk

Thanks for all the comments about the venue and atmosphere, and huge thanks to Paul for his efforts, it was a cracking night and everyone seemed to have a real good time.

The Soul 'ole always has a good atmosphere cos thats what we try and promote, "a good night out with your mates enjoying something we all love"

and Jez, yeah the drinks are always ridiculously cheap! (JD and coke £1.20!! I mean...)

I really hope a few of the first time attendees will pay us another visit, it probably won't be rammed like this time but hey there will be a bit more room on the dance floor!!

and btw we have been going for over 6 years now!!

Next one is November 13th, where we have secured the services of Mark Freeman and Bob Banks to entertain you with of course residents Andy Smith and Dave Forrest.

See y'all at the Torch reunion!!

Wayne

PS the handbaggers were on a birthday night out, some of them are now coming to a few do's locally and seem to be getting into it, so lets welcome new blood! They were very good when told what they were doing wrong and seem very interested in the scene, so give them a chance eh! We all had to learn the rules once!!

I was very polite indeed one of them the real looker with the tits the size of melons apologised later, just told them that a dance floor was for dancing on and maybees they should take there drinks to the Bar..

Guest soul58uk

I was very polite indeed one of them the real looker with the tits the size of melons apologised later, just told them that a dance floor was for dancing on and maybees they should take there drinks to the Bar..

Personally thought several were lookers but don't tell the missus!! :-)

What did they say " I am sorry Paul " ? :lol:

Malc Burton

Guest StefMalajny

Now thats what Northerns all about

Superb music that really reflected the big tunes from Wirrina days, never seen so many old faces to natter too , dont know how the lads got them all down there, it had an unbeivable warm feeling that took me the nearest I have ever felt back to the 70s, supurb.

I brought my young web geek designer down, doesnt know nothing about NS, he was blown away by the freindliness and when he walked into the packed dance floor he was gobsmacked with the sheer energy and enthusiasm of the crowd

He also clocked the eye candy handbaggers but was rather taken by the young blond Polish Northern souler, forgot her name but a real stunner

Well done lads

See you soon

Now thats what Northerns all about

Superb music that really reflected the big tunes from Wirrina days, never seen so many old faces to natter too , dont know how the lads got them all down there, it had an unbeivable warm feeling that took me the nearest I have ever felt back to the 70s, supurb.

I brought my young web geek designer down, doesnt know nothing about NS, he was blown away by the freindliness and when he walked into the packed dance floor he was gobsmacked with the sheer energy and enthusiasm of the crowd

He also clocked the eye candy handbaggers but was rather taken by the young blond Polish Northern souler, forgot her name but a real stunner

Well done lads

See you soon

I thought she said she was from Walsall...it was loud in there mind.

Thanks Paul and the other people for giving us a chance to play out to a wonderfull crowd of people,I had not seen Tony Dellar or Jonah out for many a year a great chance to catch up and gossip

I enjoyed it ...thankyou.

Toby.

Guest StefMalajny

A fab night, a great entrance fee whistling.gif , a huge crowd, a lot of faces from the forum (nice to meet prof turnups, Stef & Alan). majority of the tunes were top drawer. we enjoyed it. The only niggle was the bunch of handbaggers plonking their drinks on the floor and dancin around emrolleyes.gif , but they soon buggered off when addressed on the micboxing.giflaugh.gif .

Well done to the organisers, a fine evenings' entertainment

Lovely to meet you, my web geek was well impressed with your dancing energy and skill