I.t.s.free @ Spalding Are You? 30Th October

sjay

• Replies 46
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry to have to bump this back up, but it dropped down to page 3 :sad:but there has been lots of interest from those that do know about it :thumbup: .

Last years event raised an amazing £1800+ for the MacMillan Nurses and although in these days of economic gloom we dont expect that sort of amazing total ,but we feel that it is probably even more important now to raise something as charity donations are amongst the first casualties in a downturn. All we want is to have a great big party ,invite everyone that would like to come and join in ,and raise as much as we can in the process,any raffle donations are most welcome ,but most important get your names on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

email................ oldbarnants@aol.com

Steve

Edited by sjay

Thanks Biz ,Melvyn and mick for your posts ,I am pleased to announce that 2 personsweekend passes and accomodation have been kindly donated for the Prestatyn weekender in March thumbup.gif .

Please anyone willing to offer prizes for the raffle of anything at all , please dont hesitate all would be greatly appreciated!!

The Djs joining me for the night all donating their services free of of charge are ............

Rupe

John Hall

Andy Riley

Barry Cooper

good on you fellas good.gif

steve

Thanks Biz ,Melvyn and mick for your posts ,I am pleased to announce that 2 personsweekend passes and accomodation have been kindly donated for the Prestatyn weekender in March thumbup.gif .

Please anyone willing to offer prizes for the raffle of anything at all , please dont hesitate all would be greatly appreciated!!

The Djs joining me for the night all donating their services free of of charge are ............

Rupe

John Hall

Andy Riley

Barry Cooper

good on you fellas good.gif

steve

Yes as always looking forward to another ITS special night for a great cause, thanks Steve for asking me to play a few tunes, love this venue and their attitude about soul music, just back after some sun refreshed and really up for it.

Come on guys get your names down on the list and lets make it a great night.

Barry

Really looking forward to this one, be great to hear one of Rupe's sets again :thumbup:

By the way people the Gwen McCrae exclusive that Terry Jones played for us at the last

ITS has just been officially released, see Crazy Beat site for details and soundclip,

but I'm sure all the usual outlets will have it as well. I'll look forward to hearing it

from one of you on the night.

Barry and Midge ,thanks for the posts ,really appreciate all your support @ITS over the past couple of years .....

was trying to lull everone into a false sense of securuty though when announcing the guest DJs for the night , before I let the cat out of the bag so to speak,just dont dont get scared off though...............................

forsale2750.jpg

Yes Kev was one of the first to step up ,thanks matethumbup.gif

Steve all you luverly suverners are always so welcome yes.gif , and Melvyn you know it just wouldnt be the same without youthumbsup.gif ,chocoalte cake indeed really those are reserved for very special people , I dont think I qualify mate no.gifbiggrin.gif .

Steve

Edited by sjay

Hi Steve,

Jo and I looking forward to this night - last year was excellent and raised loads of money for charity to boot!

Allways a warm friendly welcome from Steve, Kev and Rob - even for us (predominantly) 60's Soul boys too!!

Cheers, Ray

Hi Ray ,as always you and Jo are very welcome over at ITS ,you are indeed regular ITS patrons and we really do appreciate the support ,even though the music policy may not be 100% your particlular choicethumbsup.gif although I know Jo loves it" While you are "loitering" at the bar..................

forsale2730.jpg

Jo is hitting the dancefloor.............

forsale2747.jpg

This is a night for just turning up and having a good time and raising some money for such a good cause in the process ,no politics, no hidden agenda we welcome everyone who wants to join us ,even though you may not be regular ITS patrons or even if youve never been before ,so dont be shy get your names down!!

Edited by sjay

Hi Steve,

really hoping to make this one. Pat, Terry and Jeanette really enjoyed the last one so hopefully they will be going and I can get a lift!! Will also sort out something for the raffle (pm u later)

Mark C:wink:

Hi Mark,

trust you had a good one last night, thanks for your post and your generous offer of a raffle prize,hope that you can all make it , take care

Steve

Plus a chance to win The Premiers IF YOUR LOVE WAS TRUE - TROY

A 60s collection item that's on JM`s Rarest of the rare.

I leave it up to you Steve, raffle or auction.

Cheers

Plus a chance to win The Premiers IF YOUR LOVE WAS TRUE - TROY

A 60s collection item that's on JM`s Rarest of the rare.

I leave it up to you Steve, raffle or auction.

Cheers

Hi Andy ,I really dont know what to say, that is an incredible gesture mate, as Im no expert on the price of 60s rariteswhistling.gif I will pm you for the lowdown , I guess auction is the way to gog.gif , youre a top top man make no mistakethumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Really looking forward to this one, be great to hear one of Rupe's sets again thumbsup.gif

By the way people the Gwen McCrae exclusive that Terry Jones played for us at the last

ITS has just been officially released, see Crazy Beat site for details and soundclip,

but I'm sure all the usual outlets will have it as well. I'll look forward to hearing it

from one of you on the night.

thanks midge. i'm sure i can find something in my box you'll likethumbsup.gif

steve i'll bring you a raffle prize also mate. and hope we have a great night like last year.

thanks midge. i'm sure i can find something in my box you'll likethumbsup.gif

steve i'll bring you a raffle prize also mate. and hope we have a great night like last year.

Hi Rupe thanks for the post and the raffle prizethumbup.gif ,also thanks for coming back again this year to DJ for us.

Everyone that knows me will realise that Im not really one for a lot of fuss and attention and all that stuff that goes on on birthdays , this is just a night for rob and myself to throw a big party have everyone come along , have a good time , and try to raise a bit of money for MacMillan , simple really folks , just get your name down on the list and then just turn up and have a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Hi everyne getting in nice and early so no one misses out on this , we had such a great time last year that weve decided to do it again this year ......................................

I.T.S. Spalding 30th October free admission EVERYONE WELCOME please email to get your names on the guestlist ........ oldbarnants@aol.com[/email]

birthdaybashjpegoct09.jpg

I.T.S. Special on Tulip Radio - Monday October 19th 2009 from 7pm to 9pm.

Join me, Dave Raistrick and very special studio guest Steve Jay for 2 hours of Northern, Modern & Crossover Soul - www.tulip-radio.co.uk requests & dedications to studio@tulip-radio.co.uk

Can`t make itsad.gif would have loved to as well. good luck hope all goes very well for this very,very worthwhile cause, whoever it was that was taking the bottle of JD`S down to raffle, keep it away from that BIZ fellalaugh.giflaugh.gif REGARDS HARRY & DI

PS WILL SEND ROUND ALL MY CONTACTSthumbsup.gif

Edited by HARRY CROSBY

Thanks for inviting me back onto the show Dave , it must be true then , everyone tells me ive the perfect face for radioyes.gif , really looking forward to it , will try and get Rob Elsey to come along with me !!

Harry thanks for the post and I really appreciate you sending the flyer round to your contacts.On that note I really would be delighted if any one wants to forward the eflyer around for us that would be great, no problem if anyone wants me to email them one , just let me have those email addresses!!

Gaining momentum now so lets pull out all the stops. a no politics across the board quality soul night just get your name down and get along and enjoythumbup.gif

steve

Thanks for inviting me back onto the show Dave , it must be true then , everyone tells me ive the perfect face for radioyes.gif , really looking forward to it , will try and get Rob Elsey to come along with me !!

Harry thanks for the post and I really appreciate you sending the flyer round to your contacts.On that note I really would be delighted if any one wants to forward the eflyer around for us that would be great, no problem if anyone wants me to email them one , just let me have those email addresses!!

Gaining momentum now so lets pull out all the stops. a no politics across the board quality soul night just get your name down and get along and enjoythumbup.gif

steve

No problems steve, as i said hope all goes well for you on the night-HARRY & DIgood.gif

this is just a night for rob and myself to throw a big party have everyone come along , have a good time , and try to raise a bit of money for MacMillan , simple really folks , just get your name down on the list and then just turn up and have a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

this is how soul nights should be imo. thumbup.gif

so come on folks get your name down.

THANKS RUPE AND WHIPPET FOR THE POSTS,BACK FROM PRESTATYN FELLING A BIT TIRED TO SAY THE LEAST.

CAUGHT UP WITH LOTS OF FOLKS ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE , AND WHATEVER WE MANAGE TO RAISE THIS YEAR WILL BE THE RESULT OF ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THIS EVENT , AND A TESTAMENT TO THEIR INCREDIBLE GENEROSITY!!

STEVE

THANKS RUPE AND WHIPPET FOR THE POSTS,BACK FROM PRESTATYN FELLING A BIT TIRED TO SAY THE LEAST.

CAUGHT UP WITH LOTS OF FOLKS ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE , AND WHATEVER WE MANAGE TO RAISE THIS YEAR WILL BE THE RESULT OF ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THIS EVENT , AND A TESTAMENT TO THEIR INCREDIBLE GENEROSITY!!

STEVE

Hi Steve

We at A1 Soul will be donating some free tickets for future A1 Soul nights, plus a few other bits and bobs to help raise some money, looking forward to the night, as Rupe says " this is how soul nights should be"

Barry Sam & Andy (A1 Soul)

Hi Steve

We at A1 Soul will be donating some free tickets for future A1 Soul nights, plus a few other bits and bobs to help raise some money, looking forward to the night, as Rupe says " this is how soul nights should be"

Barry Sam & Andy (A1 Soul)

thanks so much for the kind donation Barry, youre support of ITS has always been second to none , really nice that Sam and Andy (both ITS virgins) can at last join us , we promise to be gentle with them whistling .

Steve

Guest whippet

Steve are you taking requests? Maybe you could charge for special Tunes? Just and idea for raising more cash. Although if anyone wants *The Snake" Its gonna cost em dear. We dont want any of that old balony ha ha. Maybe not such a good idea!!!!

Steve are you taking requests? Maybe you could charge for special Tunes? Just and idea for raising more cash. Although if anyone wants *The Snake" Its gonna cost em dear. We dont want any of that old balony ha ha. Maybe not such a good idea!!!!

Well you know very well Im always happy to take(most)requestswhistling.gif ,I can though highly recommend asking Kev Thomas for the snake , he has a highly entertaining response when you doph34r.gifwicked.gifexcl.gifwhistling.giflaugh.gif .

While Im here I would just like to thank Dave Raistrick for inviting myself and Rob onto his Tulip fm(Spalding) northern soul show last night to help promote this ITS charity night ,we had a great time and a favourable response ticket-wise , and Dave has also kindly offered to bring some Fantasy Island Skeg niter tickets to be included in the raffle on the night!!

SO COME ON PEOPLE DONT BE SHY EMAIL ME AND GET YOUR NAMES DOWNyes.gif ......................

oldbarnants@aol.com

This event approaching fast now, looking forward to it, great night for a great cause, I would like to see Kev Thomas face when/if someone asked him for the snake laugh.giflaugh.gif

Great night in store at a place where you'll hear tunes from across the board, so come on folks send Steve a email to confirm your coming.

Barry

This event approaching fast now, looking forward to it, great night for a great cause, I would like to see Kev Thomas face when/if someone asked him for the snake laugh.giflaugh.gif

Great night in store at a place where you'll hear tunes from across the board, so come on folks send Steve a email to confirm your coming.

Barry

Hi Barry ,thanks for the post , yes lets hope we can pack the place out just like last yearyes.gif

Update on the raffle prizes,those kindly felow lincs people from the barlife/peg in Skeg have promised a YEARS free admission for a couple at their future events.

Talking though of future events ,sadly this is the last night of ITS at this venue , we cant get it on saturdays and there seems to be so much on at the moment that we are unsure of what to do in 2010anyway ,this is the last date that we have booked so lets go out in style, get those emails to me.........................

oldbarnants@aol,com

Just a quick bump for this with just 5 days to go,caught up with lots of folks over the last week who are coming but spoke to some that didnt know about it unsure.gif so please everyone reading this please be sure to forward those emails and please please spread the word around to everyone that you can , dont want anyone to miss it because they didnt know it was on ph34r.gif

Thanks

Steve

bout over the man flu steve so better get some extra bar staff on mate coz i need to re-hydrate whistling.gif

Hi mate,dont worry ,well even save you a table right near hte bar so thats Mrs Biz doesnt have so far to carry them to you whistling.gif .

Lots of emails coming through now please dont be shy get along and join us for a PARTY NITE , the ITS crowd are the friendlist you can meet,.............................

forsale1634.jpg

forsale1634.jpg

Edited by sjay

Hi mate,dont worry ,well even save you a table right near hte bar so thats Mrs Biz doesnt have so far to carry them to you whistling .

Lots of emails coming through now please dont be shy get along and join us for a PARTY NITE , the ITS crowd are the friendlist you can meet,.............................

forsale1634.jpg

forsale1634.jpg

Can't remember chubby checker lets twist again being played,:wicked: sorry couldn't resist. :tongue::laugh:

Seriously though this is a great night so why not come along and enjoy and support a well worth course that is so close to many of us and put great big smiles on those celebrating their birthdays :wink:

Hi Steve

Some folks have told me they are coming over, don't know if they have emailed you, Dave & "M" Chris, Liz, Von, Lu + 3, amonst others, building up to a great night, sorting some tunes out tonight, see you about 8 on Friday, hope I don't get lost again, and Andy Riley rang me yesterday for directionswhistling.gif

Cheers Barry

Hi Andy looking forward to seeing you and the crew tomorrow nightthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

For those who have not been to this particlar venue before for the sat nav the address is

24 HIGH STREET SPALDIND PE 11 1TX

and >>>here's<<< a map

For all those who keep asking about turning up on the night ,that will be fine we have kept a number of names on the list empty ,so no one need worry!! if we do exceed the capacityshhh.gif we are planning the free issue of cigarettes to all smokers so we can entice them outside more frequently to make some more room inside whistling.gif .

Dont forget any raffle prizes are welcome just had 2 weekend passes for the Hunstanton weekender donated,thanks Jamie, please remember this is all for macmillan cancer so please dont get me anything ,please give whatever you can to the collection and buy some raffle ticketsyes.gif

So looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night for the .................................................................

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to another nite of top tunes at Spalding, always a great nite musically and a real friendly crowd (not sure about that Kev Thomas though) whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif . But seriously if you haven't emailed don't worry, just get yourself to Spalding and help us raise some money for charity. And above all enjoy the nite!!

See you friday ...

Hi Steve

Some folks have told me they are coming over, don't know if they have emailed you, Dave & "M" Chris, Liz, Von, Lu + 3, amonst others, building up to a great night, sorting some tunes out tonight, see you about 8 on Friday, hope I don't get lost again, and Andy Riley rang me yesterday for directionswhistling.gif

Cheers Barry

Hi Barry thanks for the post , yes now lots of last minute enquiries !!

Regarding Andy ,he always get lost everytime he comeswhistling.gif so I posted a link to a map ,but it must have been done in the snow as it wont load properly on my computer when I checked it just a white pageph34r.gif ,so i will post directions...................................

FROM THE SPRINGFIELDS ROUNDABOUT ON THE A16/A151 ROUNDABOUT TAKE THE EXIT TO SPALDING ,STRAIGHT OVER A MINI ROUNDABOUT OVER THE RIVER PAST THE CHUCH , CARRY STRAIGHT ON ,YOU WILL REACH ANOTHER RIVER ON A SWEEPING LEFT BEND. THERE IS A ROUNDABOUT FORMED BY 2 BRIDGES OVER THE RIVER,DO NOT CROSS THIS ROUNDABOUT TAKE THE FIRST EXIT STAYING ON THE RIVER BANK WITH THE RIVER ON YOUR RIGHT, THIS IS COMMERCIAL ROAD , AFTER A FEW HUNDRED YARDS THIS TURNS INTO A ONE WAY STREET THIS IS THE START OF HIGHT STREET , THERE IS AN S BEND NEXT TO A FOOTBRIDGE OVER THE RIVER ,ONCE AROUND THE BEND THERE IS A ROW OF TERRACED HOUSES ON THE LEFT AT THE END OF THESE YOU WILL FIND THE ENTRANCE TO THE CLUB CAR PARK.

The club has its own large secure ,private car park ,so no problems parking

See ya there

Steve

Source Advert