Can Anyone Identify The Song Please?

Pete S

• Replies 14
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

can anyone identify the song that comes in at around 50 seconds - slow soul ballad that goes "It's been a long long time"?

Sorry for making you have to listen to the first fifty seconds biggrin.gif

HI PETE,

YOU MIGHT TRY THIS SITE,

https://www.emusic.com/artist/Lil-Rob-MP3-Download/11664846.html

I'LL TRY AND FIND IT LATER,

I SEE HE'S GOT AN LP OUT NOW SO IT MIGHT BE ON THERE,

JOE.

Social source share

can anyone identify the song that comes in at around 50 seconds - slow soul ballad that goes "It's been a long long time"?

Sorry for making you have to listen to the first fifty seconds :lol:

i don't think it's a cover of a specific song, it's a vague reference to the notations "i'm still here" and maybe the "long long time" is a reference to various songs like sam cooke, etc. someone please correct me if they come up with a specfic song with those lyrics but i don't think there is a soul song with those specific lyrics "it's been a long long time but i'm still here"

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Sorry for making you have to listen to the first fifty seconds :lol:

I suspect that it's not an old record at all. It sounds to me like it's something new that's been doctored to sound like an old sample from a low rider classic. It certainly isn't the Quails/Elgins oldie.

The Notations has always been a biggie with the Low Rider soul collectors, and it's obviously meant to be emulating that in part.

Very nice, in any event. Pity about the rapping, but you can't have everything I suppose...

Social source share

I suspect that it's not an old record at all. It sounds to me like it's something new that's been doctored to sound like an old sample from a low rider classic. It certainly isn't the Quails/Elgins oldie.

I beg to differ, I have the Elgins version and it is exactly the same.

The Quails version it was taken from (available to listen to on U Tube) is different.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I beg to differ, I have the Elgins version and it is exactly the same.

The Quails version it was taken from (available to listen to on U Tube) is different.

The Quails and the Elgins are exactly the same song. This is different to both of them. The only thing it has in common with the Quails/Elgins record is that the bloke sings "It's Been A Long, Long Time".

Beg all you like. You'll still be wrong....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!