dilemma'

DILEMMA

This 'Non-Payment' situation I'm suffering at present.. What would YOU do ??

In thirty years of selling records this is the worst year, EVER, for people giving me the run around concerning agreed payments of outstanding amounts.

I, purpously, ALWAYS ensure – before doing a 'deal' – to make sure that the purchaser is happy with whatever deal we are discussing. My philosophy is simple.. So long as both parties are entirely happy then a deal can be agreed. Where 'friends' are involved I will go out of my way to offer a decent saving, where possible, and extend more generous 'payment terms' to accommodate them simply because they are 'mates'

I will go to great lengths to explain the negative sides (for both parties) of agreeing a deal, and payment terms where appropriate, if the buyer knows - from the offset - that they will be unable to comply with what we are agreeing. S'long as our 'terms' are adhered to it is'nt a problem.

I'd be interested to know how others would view my current predicament.. And what remedies they would choose in attempting to resolve the situation.

It isn't just one deal I'm referring to here.. And the payments I've been let down on are from people that I have considered as 'friends'. What really pi**es me off is the blatant lack of respect and total disregard for our 'friendship' by NOT making any sort of contact if there is a problem their end !!

I provide a landline number that goes straight to an ansaphone, my mobile number, and (at least) one email address that I use on a daily basis – so it's not as if they don't have contact details.

If it was me, and I was experiencing a problem, the FIRST thing I would do would be to make contact and let them know, so that they are aware. I, even, STILL give them the benefit of the doubt - in the short term - as there may well be a legitimate reason as to WHY they will NOT be turning up to make the agreed payment.. Things can, and do, happen - such is life.. But to make NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER.. Does my head in !!

The worst of this is how it effects my future dealings with other people that would NOT let me down, and go out of their way to satisfy their commitments as agreed - they will suffer 'cos I'll be loathe to carry on getting kicked in the teeth !!

I've already made my decision as to what action I'll take next - should the current defaulters not make contact in the next few days - I'll, first, be naming and shaming them utilising any and all media's availble - so that others are aware NOT to deal with them. The final part of the remedy is 'drastic', and something I would rather NOT have to undertake to get what is rightfully mine (the records or the cash..) but - it's painfully obvious - these people I refer to don't give a FLYING F**K about the position they place me in by their actions of default.. And the consequences that I have to endure on the back of it, so.. NO !! I'm certainly NOT gonna be losing any sleep - or feeling ANY remorse in the slightest - if I DO have to undertake the remedy I've decided upon. Who needs enemies with mates like that !!!

So.. What would YOU lot do ?? I'd be interested, and grateful, to receive feedback from others as to just WHAT they might suggest in this situation.

Fingers..

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I understand and commiserate mate - but by not paying you, is this not the ultimate accolade of a true Soul Lover?

I mean their obvious love/need/desire behind obtaining a track on vinyl obviously smothers their morals to a point whereby 'You' don't get paid; meaning their love of this music transcends all - even to the point of shitting on their mates.

Is it a bad thing when it comes to proving how much you love this music?

Pete Lawson did a lot worse and we/I still love what he stood for.

Tongue in cheek reply to a very sincere post I know - but I think there is a morsel of truth in their somewhere - your mates mean less than a certain 7" single.

Isn't that what this music can do to you?

By the way, love the colour work on your fonts.

Edited by Barry
Social source share

I understand and commiserate mate - but by not paying you, is this not the ultimate accolade of a true Soul Lover?

I mean their obvious love/need/desire behind obtaining a track on vinyl obviously smothers their morals to a point whereby 'You' don't get paid; meaning their love of this music transcends all - even to the point of shitting on their mates.

Is it a bad thing when it comes to proving how much you love this music?

Pete Lawson did a lot worse and we/I still love what he stood for.

Tongue in cheek reply to a very sincere post I know - but I think there is a morsel of truth in their somewhere - your mates mean less than a certain 7" single.

Isn't that what this music can do to you?

By the way, love the colour work on your fonts.

I appreciate your sentiments, Barry.. And have to agree with what you say.

People that know the actual why's & wherefore's of my current 'life' situation will understand just exactly how much this lack of payments impacts on me. But these 'friends' know PRECISELY to what I refer !!

Also, the amounts involved run into four figures. Believe me.. that money would not be staying in my hands any longer than it takes to hand it out with the other - and I'd STILL be on the wrong side of things. And NONE of my debt-profile is due to purchasing vinyl I couldn't afford/ had NO intention of paying for !!

I hope that gives you a little bit more insight, matey.. thumbsup.gif Cheers !! smile.gif

Fingers ph34r.gif

Social source share

Mr F shades.gif .....as you were starting this thread I was typing out the following as a comment on your blog entry:

Evening John,

Save yourself the effort of starting a thread asking if you should name and shame, the answer will be a YES. The (so far) anonymous parties are totally out of line. As a seller, who like yourself often gives credit etc to people who are friends or people I feel are trustworthy I would want to know who they are simply so I could ensure that the only credit option I extend them is 'Cash, NOW'

We've talked about this before and after the latest no show at Rugby then I think it's fair to say they are taking the p*ss. They are fully aware of your situation and they know that by not honouring their debt you are being placed in the horrible situation of having to delay your own obligations. But the worst 'sin' is the total lack of respect they are showing you by making promises they have no intention of keeping and the total lack of communication.

Send them an email/text/PM stating you will be publically naming them unless you recieve full payment on or before Monday 21st and if that payment is not made then follow up by starting a thread giving full details inc names.

Social source share

Naming and shaming was my immediate thought at the top of your post, Johnny

Keep up the pressure by regularly naming non-payers Eg weekly. Also how much is owed,

Publish and be damnedboxing.gif

Good Luck

Paul

Social source share

John, it's quite simple mate, no money, no record.....if it's on instalments, you give them the record with the last payment.....been to some dealers places that have piles of records waiting for payment....we all want everything, but you have to be cruel to be kind. Get the records back a.s.a.p. and don't do any favours......

Phil.

Social source share

Naming and shaming was my immediate thought at the top of your post, Johnny

Keep up the pressure by regularly naming non-payers Eg weekly. Also how much is owed,

Publish and be damnedboxing.gif

Good Luck

Paul

Runs into FOUR FIGURES, Paul.. with the one who let me down on Saturday owing £1000 - and that is a heavily subsidised rate compared to what I could get elsewhere !! And that grand don't even cover a (in arrears !!) mortgage payment !!

Fingers..

Social source share

It's a difficult one this.

I had a record shop and ran a book, so I know how much you are generally behind.

To each purchaser, their debt is a single one - to the dealer, there are many debtors - which can either at best starve you or at worst put you out of business.

By the thread opener, I think that you lads that owe should, as hard as it is - and I know we've all got it hard right now - pay the man.

It obviously has come to a very serious point for someone to take such a drastic step ie pour his heart out on a message board.

Come on fella's - stay out the pub for a weekend and pay up.

That's the true defination of a man, let alone a Soulie.

Social source share

Mr F shades.gif .....as you were starting this thread I was typing out the following as a comment on your blog entry:

Evening John,

Save yourself the effort of starting a thread asking if you should name and shame, the answer will be a YES. The (so far) anonymous parties are totally out of line. As a seller, who like yourself often gives credit etc to people who are friends or people I feel are trustworthy I would want to know who they are simply so I could ensure that the only credit option I extend them is 'Cash, NOW'

We've talked about this before and after the latest no show at Rugby then I think it's fair to say they are taking the p*ss. They are fully aware of your situation and they know that by not honouring their debt you are being placed in the horrible situation of having to delay your own obligations. But the worst 'sin' is the total lack of respect they are showing you by making promises they have no intention of keeping and the total lack of communication.

Send them an email/text/PM stating you will be publically naming them unless you recieve full payment on or before Monday 21st and if that payment is not made then follow up by starting a thread giving full details inc names.

We did have this discussion, Adam.. And the culprits are the names I divulged to you at that time.

I've, today, left messages for those concerned (can NEVER get hold of 'em to speak to in person - strange that, innit..) and if nothing is forthcoming very quickly then they will DEFO see their (multicoloured !!) names posted up on here. At the same time I'll be instigating my (rather not.. But don't give a f**k, now) 'last resort'. It's THEIR choice - up to them to decide if they wanna 'make their bed'..

Fingers

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

John, it's quite simple mate, no money, no record.....if it's on instalments, you give them the record with the last payment.....been to some dealers places that have piles of records waiting for payment....we all want everything, but you have to be cruel to be kind. Get the records back a.s.a.p. and don't do any favours......

Phil.

Even given the position I've been placed in - and records completely aside - Phil, I've always maintained 'faith' in my fellow soulies - rolleyes.gifdespite my apparent 'knack' for attracting all the world's wan**rs !! rolleyes.gif

Generally it's never been a problem.. People can only f**k me the once - and it's THEIR loss in the long-term, is how I've viewed things.

But - you are dead right, really. But ain't it a 'sad state of affairs', eh ??

Fingers

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

It is a sad state of affairs John, but there's no incentive to pay, once they have the goods.....

If you are talking large sums you really shouldn't give them the goods before they have paid for them , basic rules of credit control .

Now if you are enticing those pure little collectors by saying take the record home listen to it pay me later well .... to be honest you are heading for a fall eventually and taking a big risk, even if they are friends.

In the economic climate we are all living in. People don't know if they have a job from one week to the next and really shouldn't buy records unless they have the money in hand. But you are a collector and you know the pull when someone dangles something you have been searching for for quite sometime.

The decent thing would be for them to give you the record back if they cannot pay for it.

Only yesterday I committed myself to a record from a friend not a large sum of money but then I have spent alot on my bathroom this month. He wants to send me the record but I have purposly not sent him my address.

I will have it when I can pay for it at the end of the month.

Simples

Bead counter to the stars :innocent:

Social source share

The scene has always been full of people with a desire for a rolls royce playbox but with a push bike budget mellow.gif Some of the stories from the 70s and the IOU's to Soul Bowl are lengendary, so it has always gone on.

Name and shame them Johnny, no more "Mr Nice Guy" - there is NO excuse for ordering soemthing you cannot pay for, it's sheer greed and selfishness.

Social source share

Friends and this place are the worst for that Fingers

once had 6month wait for a £1500 record off a TOP DJ and friend

wont do it again cash up front or no reocords SIMPLES

I also get sick of avertising on here and people ask " is it available"

Then they never get back to you even when you ask them again do they want this?

(because if they dint they wouldnt be asking about availability)

they dont even have the decency to say NO

or I got one last night

I was asked a condition and replied it was EX..now to me nothing is mint if its been played

I dont tend to use mint- but my EX are better than some peoples mint gradings.

So after me saying it EX...he replies no IM looking for a mint copy

how fukin annoying....If they would just have the balls to say sorry Ive changed my mind and dont want it now

Id think a lot more of them

Time wasters and non payers should be named and shamed...Im willing to do that .

On the other hand sellers who dont send records for days and weeks after payment is another pain in the ass too..

Quite a few of them on here also..I send the day I get payment or the day after latest.

treat your customer like you want to be treated yourself is my philosiphy.

Pay your dues and be respected...

gasher

Edited by GASHER
Social source share

It is a sad state of affairs John, but there's no incentive to pay, once they have the goods.....

Sorry Phil but I can't believe I am reading this statement. Of course there is incentive to pay... it's not yours until it's paid for!

Johnny mentioned this to me briefly a couple of months ago, not out of spite but out of sheer frustration and disappointment. It wasn't the amount of money that was owed, more the complete and utter lack of contact from the said person(s).

As Carms has already said, times are hard and people's situations do change.

If you are having trouble paying - be honest and say so. There is no shame in falling on hard times. It has happened to us all.

If you find you can no longer afford a record you have taken, then give the record back so it can be sold to someone who can afford it!

Some of you might say he's been a bit of a mug but I would have done the same in his shoes, simply because I have faith in people to do the right thing.

Johnny is a reasonable man and I know something could have been worked out long before it got to this. All it would have taken was a phone call.

Social source share

Never gone down the owing money for records path.. well credit card till pay day or the pay day after that...

but trouble is and we have all done it you buy a record you have wanted for weeks, months, even years..

get it play it and move on.. now if you hadn't paid for it.. would you want to... would you feel the same about the record..

i'm not saying its right by the way.. but may be why your having problems getting the money now...

Any way.. who ever it is that owes you I imagine they will put there hands in there pockets today.. rather than be named and shamed..

good luck.. hope you sort it..

Social source share

i would also name & shame non-payers, at least as a matter of principle, but since we are talking about big money here, the main thing is that you need to get your due payments.

So i would personally do my best to get in contact (best way face to face or at least with a phone call) with the people that owe you money, explain them what kind of problems they are causing you and, if they are not able to settle the payment pretty soon, ask for your record back and perhaps a small refund.

I actually think these people DO KNOW what kind of problems they might be causing you, but still I would suggest you spend some time to fully explain the situation they have put you in with their delayed payments...

Naming and shaming should be the very extrema ratio, because the risk is that you might not see your money before long.

And of course, no credit from now on...

best luck!

Edited by soulfuljules
Social source share

Johnny,we had a conversation about this at Rugby..money owing etc.....

Problem is trust.You're trusting folk to pay up,cos you'd like them to have the same morals as yourself.Seems they ain't!!.

Carms mentioned credit control.Problem with that is in the real world,you get the goods on tick before you've paid.This scene isn't governed by laws,its run on trust.

Start afresh Johnny with the Sales.No pay,no record. ....Kevthumbsup.gif

Social source share

If you're at risk of defaulting on your mortgage because of this Johnny, then you need to take action fast. If you have the names and addresses of the people concerned, claim against them in the small claims court online - it's inexpensive, fast & effective, and they've got no grounds to contest it, as they already have their goods.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

THEY should be scrabbling around to find the money from somewhere, not you.

T x

Social source share

This is a terrible situation to be in John and I sympathise (though sympathy doesn't pay the mortgage). I'd name and shame now as it seam like you've been waiting a while in any case. I know how heart wrenching it can be to have to sell prize tunes you probably never get again and had to off load one significant tune to part fund my daughters wedding. Luckily I had a buyer stateside who I know and trust but he still did a bank transfer before I sent the record.

I don't take records I can't pay for there and then so expect others to be the same.

Social source share

If they are good friends I would give them one more chance of paying or returning the record.

I would also learn from the experience and have a sign up on my sales box in the future saying No credit !

I would hate to loose a good friend in such circumstances , maybe they are in financial difficulties and are a little embarrased to admit it ?

If you are just getting a brick wall ...then its name and shame to protect other dealers

Social source share

I'd just like to say something about John, this is not public knowledge.

About 18 months ago, when we were having a really tough time with one thing or another, my car went kaput and it was going to cost £800 to fix it. I had, at that point in time, nothing to pay it with.

John contacted me - I knew himn from selling records but had never met him - and said to me, look I can see you're in a spot of bother and I'm in a position to help you out, and you know what, he drove all the way to my house the next day and GAVE me the money to pay for the car repair. I said gave because he made it clear he didn't want me to pay him back, he was doing someone a good turn just because he could.

I never forgot that and never will. A couple of people have helped me like that and they never want any praise or thanks. Well I don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning what John did for me and I've pm'd him concerning this in case I can now be of any use to him.

He's a f*cking gem and doesn't deserve to be messed about in the way he's described.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Just adding my support. Ted's right there aren't many on the scene friendlier or more helpful than John. We've always enjoyed his support us at Move On, even when ill one time and he's always ready for a chat and a joke. Pete's right, he doesn't deserved to be messed about like this. I hope it gets sorted soon mate and i'm sure Adam and other dealers would like to know who to avoid selling to in future.

Social source share

John, just demand your record back!

Theres lots of people on this scene with skin thicker than a rhinos, and bellies lower than a snakes! If this person really was a friend, then he/she wouldn't have switched to silent mode and be avoiding you - they'd have at least had the decency to contact you even if only to let you know they couldn't pay right now.

Hope you get it sorted out - and remember only strike up a good deal for mates if said mate has the money in his pocket there and then!

Social source share

Hi Johnny,

We had this conversation again at Rugby.

We both know who this person is

1.He has NOT fallen on hard times.

2.He is gainfully employed with a very very well paid job.

3.he is not answreing any calls to his mobile or house number,i have tried on your behalf.

4.I know where he lives/works,maybe a visit is in order.

5.This is NOT the first time he has done this sort of thing,it took me just under a year to get £40.00 of him.

Johnny answer your phone sometime soon and well pop round to see this person at home/work at your leasure mate,its the last thing he wants is me knocking on his door

As for Fingers who ive known for many a year always loyal, always trusting(sometimes to trusting)and is ready to help out others anytime,i call him a mate,and whats happening to him is bang out of order.

Johnny NOW is the time to take action mate...im with you ALL the way mate...call me

Toby.

Social source share

Action speaks louder than words-it does happen,id say sort it out the old fashion way -knock on his door mate!!! To much liberal bollocks on here imo,

PS HOPE YOUR WELL JOHNNY -I ECHO THE WORDS THAT YOU ARE A GOOD GUY -PERHAPS YOU SHOULD SHOW THE OTHER SIDE OF YOUR NATURE AND JUST WACK THE F--KER FOR TAKING THE PISS!!!

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

I'm shocked & appalled that whoever it is hasn't paid up yet.angry.gif

Johnny's generosity knows no bounds. I was once going through a bit of a tough time & he took me all the way to Middleton & back with no petrol charged, paid for me to get in & bought my drinks-just to cheer me up!:D

To not even have the decency to get in contact to let you know what's going on is well out of order. Johnny, take Toby up on his offer!:yes:

I hope that it's resolved soon for you.xx

Social source share

met fingers for the 1st time saturday at rugby,lookin through his box found a demo copy of aint enough love by eddie holland,told him i bought one of e bay 3 weeks earlier and the seller who sold it me was no longer registered, so i lost the record and me dough. now bear in mind fingers had never met me before, to my amazement he told me i could have it for nowt,offered to pay but he wouldnt have it . ended up buying him a burger what a geezer totally nice bloke, so pay the man up please

Social source share

I'd love to know who you're talking about, someone pm me , I won't say a word honest good.gif

same here ,if they wont come to you john its time to visit them and its definitely time to warn all the other dealers so they arent next to have the piss taken .your a top bloke you know youve got plenty of friends willing to help u in your quest to get your cash and you want cash only, its been far to long for the vinyl to be given back thumbsup.gif

Social source share

The one person I'm quite happy to 'name & Shame at the moment ( another message left yesterday.. One last Friday - with TWO contact numbers)

SHANE COX !!

As with each debtor I refer to, they are people I've enjoyed relationship as a 'friend' - and it's THIS fact that hurts the most.

Shane.. for the past twnty years, plus, - out of ANYONE - I have ALWAYS :

1) given him even BETTER deals than anybody else..

2) extended, BY FAR, more generous 'credit terms'- again, over anyone else.

Part of my reasons for the way I opted deal with Shane (the same philosophy applying to one and all) is the simple fact that I have been on the 'other side of things'.. No, or very little income, but still looking for ways I could own that little vinyl gem I've been chasing for an eternity.. That kind of thing.

When things were NOT like that for me - the money not being an issue - I would go out of my way to try to make that item available - hence a 'term' agreement'.. But ensuring (as much as one can) that the agreement is one that the purchasery will not struggle with and is not detrimental to their other regular financial commitments. I make a point of saying to them to allow a factor for any 'unseen' financial things. For example, what if your car breaks down/washing machine type things.. Additionally saying that - once the agreement is entered into - if something unexpected DOES occur, it's NOT A PROBLEM so long as I'M MADE AWARE !! And, therefore, able to 'work' with it. It's only now - given my present personal predicament - that a 'missed payment' or failure to pay in full on the agreed date, can cause me SEVERE grief when I'm not made aware of a problem their end. At least, by knowing, and where possible, I can 're-arrange' my finances to allow for the 'hiccup'. Even if it means I have to 'rob peter to pay paul' type thing in the meantime.. Without knowing I'm not going to be paid - I don't even have that option available !!

In all the years I've been dealing with Shane he has NEVER, EVER, before let me down. He ALWAYS made the payment as agreed.. Even if our agreement was for him to satisfy in full in 9 months time (which I've happily extended to him) he has never before failed to honour our agreement.

His current liability to me is £400 less a nominal value on an LP he sold to me as part of the same 'deal'. It started in February of this year where he took 45's at a cost (to him) of £100 - the retail value being significantly more. Included in that deal was a disc that - standalone - has a value of high three figures, but with the flip unplayable & my 'retail' price adjusted accordingly. What I agreed with Shane for this item was a trade against a white label promo 45 that I wanted (and already had a stock copy). The value of the WLP is £50, the price I had on the disc I was trading on was £200 (already below it's true sell price) - but I was including my stock copy 45 too !! Our agreement was for settlement at a Wilton 'niter in three months time. Just to add.. Shane went on to publish a review of the traded item in Soul Up North magazine !! I find that aspect particularly distasteful given that the said item was part of a deal that STILL remains outstanding.

In the interim - at a Lifeline 'niter - Shane took some more items, with the same agreed payment date for settlement.

Come the nominated Wilton 'niter I saw Shane, as expected - 'cos he was on the DJ line up that night. He extended his 'bill' further - the total now being £400 - with his last words to me (to this day..) being 'I'm on in 10 minutes so, will come and 'square up' with you after my set'.

Approximately an hour or so AFTER his designated end time I looked around for him - unseccessfully. I then enquired with others as to if they had seen him, only to get the reply that he had departed for home immediately after his DJ spot !!

Another factor to consider, here, is the fact that he obviously received some sort of payment that night - for DeeJaying !!

Since then - and after several attempts at making contact - I've not heard a thing !!

That is what REALLY, REALLY, hurts me - I've been let down by someone I've (only ever) considered a long-time trusted friend.

THANKS MATE !!

Fingers..

Social source share

I've been/am being inundated with pm's and emails from you luverly Soulie type people. Offers & suggestions for advice & assistance.. For which I am truly touched and very much appreciative. Rather than reply individualy it's easier to address all those to whom I refer in the one posting here.

Thank you so, so, much - I'm truly touched by the responses and didn't realise, for one minute, my post would generate so many kind responses from all you wonderful people.

Pete Smith (hope you don't mind this, Pete..) - Mate.. Your very kind & very generous offer, just the message itself, Pete.. Reduced me (as it does again writing this) to tears. I know very little, really, about your personal circumstances, Pete. But sufficient to realise JUST how generous your offer is, mate. That has touched me so much and will be something I will forever remember.. Thanks Pete !!

The one thing all your messages - and the sentiments, etc. posted up on here - HAS done is to reiterate the fact that the majority of people out there are genuine, and has reinforced mu views that I am RIGHT to have 'Faith' in people.. It IS, only a MINORITY that are wank**s !!

I would also like to relay to you all a quick tale from 'the other side' to this coin..

I recently did a 'deal' with someone for a £700 disc - went through all the rigmarole I'd mentioned, before shaking hands - with the 'term' being OVER a seven month period. NOT where it was agreed at a £100 per month for 7 months, but where the full amount would be satisfied gradually over that period. In the seven weeks since striking the deal this individual has ALREADY reduced their liability by £300 !!!

I feel it's important for me to let people know that there ARE people out there that DO worry about their indebtedness in these circumstances.. And do their UTMOST to reduce any inconvenience, for me, by paying just as quickly as they possibly can.

Thanx, one and all !! good.gif

Fingers

Social source share

I've been/am being inundated with pm's and emails from you luverly Soulie type people. Offers & suggestions for advice & assistance.. For which I am truly touched and very much appreciative. Rather than reply individualy it's easier to address all those to whom I refer in the one posting here.

Thank you so, so, much - I'm truly touched by the responses and didn't realise, for one minute, my post would generate so many kind responses from all you wonderful people.

Pete Smith (hope you don't mind this, Pete..) - Mate.. Your very kind & very generous offer, just the message itself, Pete.. Reduced me (as it does again writing this) to tears. I know very little, really, about your personal circumstances, Pete. But sufficient to realise JUST how generous your offer is, mate. That has touched me so much and will be something I will forever remember.. Thanks Pete !!

The one thing all your messages - and the sentiments, etc. posted up on here - HAS done is to reiterate the fact that the majority of people out there are genuine, and has reinforced mu views that I am RIGHT to have 'Faith' in people.. It IS, only a MINORITY that are wank**s !!

I would also like to relay to you all a quick tale from 'the other side' to this coin..

I recently did a 'deal' with someone for a £700 disc - went through all the rigmarole I'd mentioned, before shaking hands - with the 'term' being OVER a seven month period. NOT where it was agreed at a £100 per month for 7 months, but where the full amount would be satisfied gradually over that period. In the seven weeks since striking the deal this individual has ALREADY reduced their liability by £300 !!!

I feel it's important for me to let people know that there ARE people out there that DO worry about their indebtedness in these circumstances.. And do their UTMOST to reduce any inconvenience, for me, by paying just as quickly as they possibly can.

Thanx, one and all !! good.gif

Fingers

As so many people have said, you're one of the nicest guys on the scene John.....and even though you do have a strangely large nose there are lots of people around who consider you as a friend. Wouldn't like to be Shane Cox around about now whistling.gif

Social source share

As so many people have said, you're one of the nicest guys on the scene John.....and even though you do have a strangely large nose there are lots of people around who consider you as a friend. Wouldn't like to be Shane Cox around about now whistling.gif

Total sympathy with John on this ,one .

It must have pushed you a lot to go down this road.

Sincerely hope you get a result mateyes.gif

Incidently ,is it cred to play a dj set with other people's recordsg.gif ..

oh and while we're on what username does shane use on here ,so we don't get burned too??

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Sad to see things come to this..

To name and shame is a method that could make the said person pay up but at the end of the day its one word against another...

Maybe something in writing is the way forward for large record transactions in some cases..

The name and shame thing could get out of hand with a person naming another out of malice/ hate etc and the named person aint done nothing wrong.. There would be legal issues for the site or people to deal with...

Imagine having your name put on the forum and people thinking the worst of you and you aint done anything wrong, just a thought but there are some sad/ sick f"ckers out there..

Sent you a message Johnny.. Hope a few of us can help you out in the short term at least..

take care..

Social source share

Sad to see things come to this..

To name and shame is a method that could make the said person pay up but at the end of the day its one word against another...

Maybe something in writing is the way forward for large record transactions in some cases..

The name and shame thing could get out of hand with a person naming another out of malice/ hate etc and the named person aint done nothing wrong.. There would be legal issues for the site or people to deal with...

Imagine having your name put on the forum and people thinking the worst of you and you aint done anything wrong, just a thought but there are some sad/ sick f"ckers out there..

Sent you a message Johnny.. Hope a few of us can help you out in the short term at least..

take care..

If 10 of us can dip into our own pockets to buy Virgil Blanding an overpriced copy of his own record, I'd have thought 30 or 40 people could do the same for one of our mates...

Social source share

If 10 of us can dip into our own pockets to buy Virgil Blanding an overpriced copy of his own record, I'd have thought 30 or 40 people could do the same for one of our mates...

count me in Pete

pm me details good.gif

Social source share

Things will get better John .. ur a really good bloke one of the best whenever we have dealt 45,s u have always paid promt

thats the way it should be if you cant afford to buy DONT !!!

We had a chat few months ago when you came round to mine before Lowton if there,s anything i can do for you mate

let me know i,ll try my best....

xx Ian C

Social source share