Arctic 137 Mispress

Ged Parker

Any one else got a copy of Barbara Masons "Oh How It Hurts" Arctic 137 Issue that plays "Game of Love" instead of "Ain't Got Nobody"?

The 'A' side come from the same plates as the demo I can't compare the Game of Love side as the Arctic 134 on which it was actually released I only have as a single sided demo.

Funny thing is although they are consecutive Barbara Mason releases they are from different years. Ok this may be Jan 67 and Dec 68 but still wonder how this mispress came about.

Just be nice to know how many others there are.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Interesting Mispress, guessing it's all in the Dead Wax,

However, as the Artctics have many shades & Label Variations thought I'd Post Mine.

Arctic_137b.gifArctic_137a.gif

Arctic_137a_Matrix.jpgArctic_137b_Matrix.jpg

Here's My Copy, Both Sides Play As Label States.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Another Label Design For Instance, Wonder If It's There's Also A Clue In The Label Design/Shade/Layout.

Arctic_137A.jpgArctic_137B.jpg

Unfortunately This One Isn't My Copy So I Can't Play It To Find Out.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Interesting Mispress, guessing it's all in the Dead Wax,

However, as the Artctics have many shades & Label Variations thought I'd Post Mine.

Arctic_137b.gifArctic_137a.gif

Here's My Copy, Both Sides Play As Label States.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Another Label Design For Instance, Wonder If It's There's Also A Clue In The Label Design/Shade/Layout.

Arctic_137A.jpgArctic_137B.jpg

Unfortunately This One Isn't My Copy So I Can't Play It To Find Out.

Hi Roger,

Its much more like your copy in colouring and the label design is identical (though I am at work so from memory)

The deadwax on the OHIH side is identical to my white demo. Come to think of it the white demo has OHIH on both sides rather than one being blank as was the norm at Arctic. So there must have been at least two stampers for the OHIH side at the pressing plant. I may have another look tonight and see how the two sides of the demo differ in deadwax terms.

Social source share

Hi Roger,

Its much more like your copy in colouring and the label design is identical (though I am at work so from memory)

The deadwax on the OHIH side is identical to my white demo. Come to think of it the white demo has OHIH on both sides rather than one being blank as was the norm at Arctic. So there must have been at least two stampers for the OHIH side at the pressing plant. I may have another look tonight and see how the two sides of the demo differ in deadwax terms.

Hi Ged

Here you are, I have Included the Matrix Scans with my other post.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi Ged

Here you are, I have Included the Matrix Scans with my other post.

Thanks as ever Roger.

The matrix markings on both sides of the double sided demo look identical to the OHIH one you have posted above and to the mispress.

Your scan of the AGN side is harder to make out but in any case the side lables AGN on the mispress plays Game of Love and its matrix is 45-A-BMA-13 which is of course the cat # for Game of Love. It should match the label and read A-BMA-15.

So it would appear that the pressing plant just put the stamper A-BMA-14 (OHIH) with A-BMA-13 (GOL) instead of A-BMA-15 (AGN). An easy mistake to make I guess and probably down to the unusual matrix numbering system Arctic used.

Cheers

Ged

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!