Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy

Reg Scott

Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy  

1. 1. What Label Is Your Chosen Few On?

• The MAPLE label?
    • The CANYON label?

Just to satisfy my constant search for truth I'm looking to answer another niggling question.

The "guides" suggest there is a difference in rarity between the Maple and Canyon issues of Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy in favour of the Maple release i.e. the Maple release is given a higher guide value.

From my experience it's the Canyon issue that seems to pop up less hence the poll.

If you good souls can provide some data I can then combine that with the other usual sources (popsike etc) and get a better, if not scientific, idea of the true balance.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Perception

That certainly is Sir...

It's just the 2 pressings as the 'Chosen Few' I'm trying to nail down.

Cheers anyway as all info is good info...

The Maple copy is an earlier release than the Canyon copy, so that should make it more valuable, to a certain extent!

So the value does not all amount to how many copies of each there are, even if it turns out that there are more Maple copies than Canyon.

Social source share

can anyone scan a Maple issue..?....i've only ever seen demos.....Thanks

Never ever seen an issue - seen styrene and vinyl demos, also never seen a Canyon issue - however sure I 've seen a pink Lee John ......

Social source share

Never ever seen an issue - seen styrene and vinyl demos, also never seen a Canyon issue - however sure I 've seen a pink Lee John ......

For 'issue' read 'release' sorry for any confusion with semantics. :thumbsup:

As far as I'm aware, apart from the Lee John 'issue', both the Maple and Canyon releases are demos.

From the poll results so far, it seems even though the Maple release was 'first' it seems more commonly owned/available than the Canyon release.

Thanks...

Social source share

• 1 year later...

For 'issue' read 'release' sorry for any confusion with semantics. rolleyes.gif

As far as I'm aware, apart from the Lee John 'issue', both the Maple and Canyon releases are demos.

Thanks...

I've seen a Canyon issue, well black label as per demo but it didn't say promotional copy not for sale so presume an issue?

Social source share

I had a Maple white demo early 90's from Roger Banks, which I bought for t'other side, but when i flipped it, my head nearly exploded, what a great track. I think I then sold it when I was skint in a job lot to Pete Smith about ten years ago, only to find a Canyon copy on Donny market a couple of years ago for £3, result.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert