Who Where The Big Boys Back In The Day?

ImberBoy

Guest proudlove

Nothing shady about the regular cientele in Rowntrees........stepped out of line,you knew what was coming...........

Social source share

Guest proudlove

It was interesting one Derby day,a group from over the water decided to start singing IRA songs.....they got a kicking inside,outside and the Police vans were rocking on the way to Bootle Street nick.........where no doubt they got another kicking.

Wrong pub,wrong City,wrong time.......

Social source share

Nothing shady about the regular cientele in Rowntrees........stepped out of line,you knew what was coming...........

I think if you read my original post you'll see the use of the word "shady" was a wee bit tongue in cheek

I liked the characters who drank in there but I think we had a private chat some time ago about one of my earliest encounters in Rowntrees lol

Cheers

Manus

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Yup we knew the Corby lot of old...especially Michael K (snotty) rip, Brian, Budgie, Ricky Curry and Wilky.

All great blokes,love them all to bits,ecept for curry,never met any one who took no interest in the music,hardly took a pill 3 dexies man,robbeed chemists and who went to all nighters just to brag and to lust after and tempt some girl into a jump in his car with the promise of a few caps and pills,total money head,what can I sell it for thats his motto.Wilky told me what happened when he got caught inside a chemist with curry (by the way the only one I believe wilky got caught red handed doing,Wilky said he said to him lets finish doing the box and at least have a good swalow but curry wasnt interested and he felt would have reponded better if he had said to him "Lets eat all the cash in the till insted",there was a little song about him at the time to the tune of the contours.....

Here he comes,

Hes done it again

Blacked the eye of another girl friend

hitting women and running.

When in my early teens he jumped me with his mate Ivan sitting in the carwatching,never really hurt much .thing is many years on I was out with the mrs and kids having a dinnertime drink when I went to the gents all of a sudden he came running in jumping on my back and throwing haymakers ,one headbutt and a straight right in front of a few spectators and he was fucked,Stina and a few others were making signs behind his back of "go on really do him,but I couldnt stop laughing so left him in there .

To continue Ive done chemists with both wilky and mick caine among others ,know and really like john boyd(budgie)respect totally passy who with john and Brian Taylor were responsible for chemists going into treble figures but for ricky curry I will always remeber him whenever I hear The snake,being played.R.i.p Mick(snotty) see you on the otherside mate.

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

These are definately the stories of the"true"northern scene :rofl: don´t let anybody kid you it was"just for the music mate" when you are in your teens and right off your trolley on assorted substances :shhh: anything goes!

Example :- Couple of skint young lads hanging around Gloucester(no names) but ikey comes to mind :D how we gonna get there then?-pinch a car,but what about the dayer? pinch another one then how do we get home? i know :shhh: someone from Gloucester sure to be there get a lift with them........................We did ha ha .................in a stolen motor!!!

Remember in the Frank Elson column when they said the Raven at Whitchurch was in danger of being stopped as the thefts of cars between Wolverhampton and Whitchurch had increased on Friday nights :D was there even a train service to Whitchurch? right out of the way place ,

don´t think the playstation generation would even be able to think of "other"ways to get to places nowadays,do people thumb lifts nowadays?(too dangerous?) more dangerous for the drivers in the seventies :excl: with some of the dodgy charachters holding out their thumbs :thumbsup:

Sometimes the best fun was gettiing to and from the allnighters and dayers...........................as long as the nessessities had been organised :ohmy: ........................Now thats a whole new chapter!!!

Swish wheres your book ? got the title yet?

THE NORTHERN SCENE::::::::::::::::::THE REAL DEAL :rofl::thumbup:

Steve

To right Steve round our way we lived it seven days a week there are so many things we got up to and did it would fill severel books,I loved those times to bits.Can you remeber a cleethorpes all nighter when it finished in the morning and someones car had been driven out at low tide and was now severel feet under wate ha,ha.I think the suspects for that waere johnny day and tilsley from manchester?There was nothing better than looking at what youd got from a chemist and there was old stock among the haul,dextens ,barbadex,never saw any two tone pinks but plenty of tabloid barnd methelyemphetamine tabs.Always wanted to get the two tone green meth cap(rare as shit) Click from leics may of had one as he had at the time a famed collection,he also used to buy caps and pills from corby crew.Snotty got on well with him.Wilky was the crown prince of having a laugh on gear and he used to live it up all week
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

These are definately the stories of the"true"northern scene :rofl: don´t let anybody kid you it was"just for the music mate" when you are in your teens and right off your trolley on assorted substances :shhh: anything goes!

Example :- Couple of skint young lads hanging around Gloucester(no names) but ikey comes to mind :D how we gonna get there then?-pinch a car,but what about the dayer? pinch another one then how do we get home? i know :shhh: someone from Gloucester sure to be there get a lift with them........................We did ha ha .................in a stolen motor!!!

Remember in the Frank Elson column when they said the Raven at Whitchurch was in danger of being stopped as the thefts of cars between Wolverhampton and Whitchurch had increased on Friday nights :D was there even a train service to Whitchurch? right out of the way place ,

don´t think the playstation generation would even be able to think of "other"ways to get to places nowadays,do people thumb lifts nowadays?(too dangerous?) more dangerous for the drivers in the seventies :excl: with some of the dodgy charachters holding out their thumbs :thumbsup:

Sometimes the best fun was gettiing to and from the allnighters and dayers...........................as long as the nessessities had been organised :ohmy: ........................Now thats a whole new chapter!!!

Swish wheres your book ? got the title yet?

THE NORTHERN SCENE::::::::::::::::::THE REAL DEAL :rofl::thumbup:

Steve

Guess my addled brain has misfired once more I should have said me and snotty were first robbing back in 69 not 1979,i wish I could lose ten years off my age with the stroke of a pen but alas.....thumbing lifts,fucking hell thats a whole story in itself.
Social source share

• 6 years later...
On 18/09/2009 at 10:35, ady croasdell said:

I'm sure it was nice for you little tiddlers to have a coach laid on, I know Sylv's Newcastle coaches were run by Alex Lowes and Bill Swift who started the Southport weekenders, but it was a bit naff; hitching or jumping the train was the only way to travel.

Except when getting hauled off to Wigan police station on our first ever visit.....

Edited by Steve White
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!