Guest dundeedavie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hope this goes well, really surprised how few soul people go along to this, yes some of the stuff is early and not Northern/Soul strictly speaking, but it sticks to Black music all night, which wins it awards for me and more than enough good Northern played to keep people interested IMO.

And the one and only Mr Collins, long time no see,assume he still parties hard so it should be a pretty good night.

Can't make it as jetting down M6, again!

Guest dundeedavie

Hope this goes well, really surprised how few soul people go along to this, yes some of the stuff is early and not Northern/Soul strictly speaking, but it sticks to Black music all night, which wins it awards for me and more than enough good Northern played to keep people interested IMO.

And the one and only Mr Collins, long time no see,assume he still parties hard so it should be a pretty good night.

Can't make it as jetting down M6, again!

He certainly does still party hard doing what he does best :-)

Btw mr o'connor ... Check your soddin pm's haha

Have a good'un Davie & Kev, and make sure you keep a good eye on Mikey laugh.gif

I remember bringing him back from Southport for the Manchester Ritz one bank holiday weekend, and we had to nip back to his hotel to pick up his clothes etc.

Mikey, was, needless to say, proper wnakered laugh.gif ......We pulled up outside this large detached dimly lit hotel and he staggered to the front door where he tried unsuccessfully to get his key into the lock for a good 5 minutes or so.

I got out the car when he started kicking the front door and shouting endless obscenities through the letter box, convinced he had been given the wrong keys........I walked over to help him and then noticed the large sign on the edge of the drive.....it was some old folks home and his hotel was actually next door! :sleep3:

Edited by Mace

Have a good'un Davie & Kev, and make sure you keep a good eye on Mikey :thumbsup:

I remember bringing him back from Southport for the Manchester Ritz one bank holiday weekend, and we had to nip back to his hotel to pick up his clothes etc.

Mikey, was, needless to say, proper wnakered :lol: ......We pulled up outside this large detached dimly lit hotel and he staggered to the front door where he tried unsuccessfully to get his key into the lock for a good 5 minutes or so.

I got out the car when he started kicking the front door and shouting endless obscenities through the letter box, convinced he had been given the wrong keys........I walked over to help him and then noticed the large sign on the edge of the drive.....it was some old folks home and his hotel was actually next door! :lol:

won't be any of that kind of behaviour this time Mace - Big Lenny Harkins is coming through to keep an eye on him....

Edited by FIFA

won't be any of that kind of behaviour this time Mace - Big Lenny Harkins is coming through to keep an eye on him....

I'm sure Lenny will do a top job Kev :) .....tell Mikey he still owes his missus a sambuca that I bought for her at the Hideaway in July, but he decided to drink it cus he couldn't be arsed to carry it from the bar... :thumbup:

Bloody hell, Mikey and Lennie in action together, last time I seen the dynamic duo working their magic together was a Lifeline in Sheridans, where after a very tiring and emotional train journey they were both a little excitable, Lennie eventually after 2 hours in the bar room saying a bit small this place, not realising the main hall was through the corridor, and Mikey disappearing for a couple of hours and returning saying the upstairs modern room was okay (it was a one floor warehouse type building!)

Great people, I am half sad and half relieved (or at least my body and liver is)I won't witness their chaos. Should be a very good night!

Guest dundeedavie

here's a playlist of what i played last night ...

ike & tina - wake up

miles stone - too many tears

trini lopez - sinner not a saint

willie jones - where's my money

levon & the hawks - he don't love you

buddy ace - baby please don't go

aaron neville - over you

clydie king & mel carter - who do you love

jimmy ricks - i wonder

junior lewis - tears on my face

bobby lester - am i the man

eddie burns - mean and evil (baby)

chino feaster - pretty baby

fabulous ottomans - thanks mr postman

ruby roberson -rheumatism

johnny watson - looking back

jackie shane - coming down

big mama thornton - hound dog

teddy randazzo - US Mail

the rays - elevator operator

ted taylor - somebodys always trying

pearl woods - something touched me

tommy hunt - work song

barrett strong - money

dickey & gloria - mr clean

jackie wilson - i'll be satisfied

jane baker - sing on, baby

gizzelle - baby please don't go

little johnny taylor - somewhere down the line

ray agee - the wobble-oo

la brenda ben - chaperone

lois blaine - here am i

bb king - mashing the popeye

there was just under 100 happy smiley people in , loving it and filling the dancefloor till the lights came on at 3 am :-)