Newer

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Rare? Anybody else got/seen one? Picked one up at the weekend.

On the subject of Canadian, did Night Owl come out on Canadian Cameo?

no.gifNO !! no.gif

Only this past couple of weeks I've been looking at just what - exactly - saw Canadian release/press.. Flabbergasted is an understatement. A real eye-opener, too (much the same reaction I had looking/finding out about the Aussie releases), and I would dearly LOVE to see or experience (first hand) copies of the 45's of particular interest to us Soulies ohmy.gif

You know those records that you end up 'regretting' getting rid of ?? (and probably the ONLY record list I have - that's bigger than my 'wants' !!) ~BOTH my copies of Kurt Harris' 'Emperor..' on (beautiful looking) Canadian Apex is a 'Double-Shot' of pain, for me, that falls into that category.. I got rid of them both !! ohmy.gifwanker.gif

(A very depressed again, just thinking about it..) Fingers ph34r.gif

Social source share

:no:NO !! :no:

Only this past couple of weeks I've been looking at just what - exactly - saw Canadian release/press.. Flabbergasted is an understatement. A real eye-opener, too (much the same reaction I had looking/finding out about the Aussie releases), and I would dearly LOVE to see or experience (first hand) copies of the 45's of particular interest to us Soulies :ohmy:

You know those records that you end up 'regretting' getting rid of ?? (and probably the ONLY record list I have - that's bigger than my 'wants' !!) ~BOTH my copies of Kurt Harris' 'Emperor..' on (beautiful looking) Canadian Apex is a 'Double-Shot' of pain, for me, that falls into that category.. I got rid of them both !! :ohmy::wanker:

(A very depressed again, just thinking about it..) Fingers :ph34r:

The Canadian catalogue must be vast as nearly every day something else is found, my personal collection of canadian 45's consist of:-

Alexander Patton - A 'lil loving sometimes - Capitol.

Kurt Harris - Emperor of my baby's heart - Apex.

Eddie Spencer - If This Is Love (I'd Rather Be Lonely) - ARC.

Garnet Mimms - Looking for you - United Artists.

Marie Knight - That's no way to treat a girl - Columbia.

Wesley Paige and The Master Three - I've Got To Find Out For Myself - Columbia.

and many more especially Motown releases on the white lable that carries the USA release number.

Records that I don't posess but I know came out are:-

I think all of the Precisions Drew catalogue on Stone.

Eddie Parker - Love you baby - Stone.

There's a lable called Rio which has many releases connected with Ric Tic amongst other USA small labels.

The most astounding release which has turned up in the last 12 months must be the brilliant La Reine La Mar - That's Not The Way To Love - Capitol, I think one of our Soul Source members got it off Ebay, great record and it must be rare.

Bobby Paris was originally discussed about a canadian release of 'Personnally', I haven't seen one but I do have this release on German Polydor with a picture sleeve, I showed this to Bobby Paris when he came to promote SWONS in Blackburn a good few years ago now, he said he had no idea it had a German release.

I collect records from all around the world and some amazing ones are turning up, here are a few more that I own:-

Lenny Curtis - Nothing can help you now - Hit Demo (Spanish).

Ila Vann - Can't help loving tha man - Hit Demo (Spanish picture sleeve) (I have a couple of copies for sale of this at £50).

Dee Dee Sharpe - What kind of lady - BYG (French picture sleeve).

The Seven Souls - I still love you - Epic (French picture sleeve).

The Fantastic Four - I love you madly - Tamla Motown Demo, (Australian) this is my prize possesion.

The Unique's featuring Joe Stampley - Not too long ago - Argentina (Picture Sleeve).

The Baltimore and Ohio Marching Band - Condition Red - Stateside (Australian).

Gloria Scott - A case of too much lovemaking - Casablanca (Australian), up to now we think this the only known country to release this as a single.

Al Gardner - Sweet baby - Googa Mooga (French Picture Sleeve).

Eddie Parker - Love you baby - Googa Mooga (French Picture Sleeve).

Eddie Parker - I need a true love - Googa Mooga (French Picture Sleeve)

King Errison - Zola - Disque Vogue (French Picture Sleeve).

Horace Faith - Black Pearl - Fontana (German Picture Sleeve).

The Volumes - My kind of girl - London (Japanese).

Steve Karmen Big Band featuring Jimmy Radcliffe - Breakaway - United Artist (Spanish Picture Sleeve).

Jerry Williams - If you ask me - Exit (Spanish Picture Sleeve).

Chubby Checker - You just don't know - London White Demo (Spanish Picture Sleeve) (got a spare copy of this if anyone wants one at £60).

The Hesitations - She won'tcome back - Kapp (Spanish Picture Sleeve).

Earl Grant - Hide nor hair - Decca Demo (Spanish Tri-Centre).

Leroy Taylor - Oh Linda - Decca Demo (Spanish Tri-Centre).

Jackie Wilson - Higher & Higher / I'm the one to do it - Decca Demo (Spanish Tri- Centre).

The Showstoppers - Ain't nothing but a house party - Sono Play (Spanish picture sleeve).

The Germs - I'm a teardrop - Exit (Spanish picture sleeve).

The Sapphires - Who do you love - Karusel (Swedish Picture Sleeve Blue Vinyl).

There are many more but I thought these may be of interest.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alan

Social source share

The Canadian catalogue must be vast as nearly every day something else is found, my personal collection of canadian 45's consist of:-

Alexander Patton - A 'lil loving sometimes - Capitol.

Kurt Harris - Emperor of my baby's heart - Apex.

Eddie Spencer - If This Is Love (I'd Rather Be Lonely) - ARC.

Garnet Mimms - Looking for you - United Artists.

Marie Knight - That's no way to treat a girl - Columbia.

Wesley Paige and The Master Three - I've Got To Find Out For Myself - Columbia.

and many more especially Motown releases on the white lable that carries the USA release number.

Records that I don't posess but I know came out are:-

I think all of the Precisions Drew catalogue on Stone.

Eddie Parker - Love you baby - Stone.

There's a lable called Rio which has many releases connected with Ric Tic amongst other USA small labels.

The most astounding release which has turned up in the last 12 months must be the brilliant La Reine La Mar - That's Not The Way To Love - Capitol, I think one of our Soul Source members got it off Ebay, great record and it must be rare.

Bobby Paris was originally discussed about a canadian release of 'Personnally', I haven't seen one but I do have this release on German Polydor with a picture sleeve, I showed this to Bobby Paris when he came to promote SWONS in Blackburn a good few years ago now, he said he had no idea it had a German release.

I collect records from all around the world and some amazing ones are turning up, here are a few more that I own:-

Lenny Curtis - Nothing can help you now - Hit Demo (Spanish).

Ila Vann - Can't help loving tha man - Hit Demo (Spanish picture sleeve) (I have a couple of copies for sale of this at £50).

Dee Dee Sharpe - What kind of lady - BYG (French picture sleeve).

The Seven Souls - I still love you - Epic (French picture sleeve).

The Fantastic Four - I love you madly - Tamla Motown Demo, (Australian) this is my prize possesion.

The Unique's featuring Joe Stampley - Not too long ago - Argentina (Picture Sleeve).

The Baltimore and Ohio Marching Band - Condition Red - Stateside (Australian).

Gloria Scott - A case of too much lovemaking - Casablanca (Australian), up to now we think this the only known country to release this as a single.

Al Gardner - Sweet baby - Googa Mooga (French Picture Sleeve).

Eddie Parker - Love you baby - Googa Mooga (French Picture Sleeve).

Eddie Parker - I need a true love - Googa Mooga (French Picture Sleeve)

King Errison - Zola - Disque Vogue (French Picture Sleeve).

Horace Faith - Black Pearl - Fontana (German Picture Sleeve).

The Volumes - My kind of girl - London (Japanese).

Steve Karmen Big Band featuring Jimmy Radcliffe - Breakaway - United Artist (Spanish Picture Sleeve).

Jerry Williams - If you ask me - Exit (Spanish Picture Sleeve).

Chubby Checker - You just don't know - London White Demo (Spanish Picture Sleeve) (got a spare copy of this if anyone wants one at £60).

The Hesitations - She won'tcome back - Kapp (Spanish Picture Sleeve).

Earl Grant - Hide nor hair - Decca Demo (Spanish Tri-Centre).

Leroy Taylor - Oh Linda - Decca Demo (Spanish Tri-Centre).

Jackie Wilson - Higher & Higher / I'm the one to do it - Decca Demo (Spanish Tri- Centre).

The Showstoppers - Ain't nothing but a house party - Sono Play (Spanish picture sleeve).

The Germs - I'm a teardrop - Exit (Spanish picture sleeve).

The Sapphires - Who do you love - Karusel (Swedish Picture Sleeve Blue Vinyl).

There are many more but I thought these may be of interest.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alan

Nice liitle bunch there, Alan.. When can I move in ?? :laugh:

It was literally three days ago when I came across the details on LaReine Lammar's 45 - WOW !! Just DON'T tell my wife - 'cos she will DEFO be wanting one !! :yes:

I should've mentioned in my previous post - the info I've found thus far is from a very limited number of labels.. And by no means anywhere NEAR (I'd guess) 'comprehensive'.

But the stuff I've never before known about, and now reading - for the first time - the details in print.. It's mind-blowing.

Would be fantastic to 'research' all the labels' catalogues, and with a fine tooth pick, eh ?? :rolleyes:

More fodder for my fantasies :D

Fingers..

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Nice liitle bunch there, Alan.. When can I move in ?? :laugh:

It was literally three days ago when I came across the details on LaReine Lammar's 45 - WOW !! Just DON'T tell my wife - 'cos she will DEFO be wanting one !! :yes:

I should've mentioned in my previous post - the info I've found thus far is from a very limited number of labels.. And by no means anywhere NEAR (I'd guess) 'comprehensive'.

But the stuff I've never before known about, and now reading - for the first time - the details in print.. It's mind-blowing.

Would be fantastic to 'research' all the labels' catalogues, and with a fine tooth pick, eh ?? :rolleyes:

More fodder for my fantasies :D

Fingers..

[/quote)

I am trying to catalogue as many releases from other coutries other than USA & UK but it is a mammoth task, the records I listed in my initial reply is probably about 10% of what I have especially on the french releases.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Feeling a bit pleased with myself as I have just come home with the following Mint - Unplayed - Company Sleeves - Canadian Issues:

Rain - Out Of My Mind - London

Deon Jackson - OOh Baby - Atco

Flaming Embers - Lets Have A Love In - Ric Tic - obviously no sleeve here but lovely Deep Red colour label

Ben E King - Cant Break The News - Atco - nice Black n' Silver label

Timmy Willis - Mr Soul Satisfaction - Stone

The O'Jays - I Dig Your Act - Bell

The Platters - Sweet Sweet Loving and Hear No Evil - Columbia

Baltimore And Ohio - Condition Red - Jubilee

Little Richard - I Need Love - Epic

There were a couple of 100, all Soul, lots of classic Tamla, Atlantic stuff, all Mint unplayed. There will be another box available next week.

Last week I also turned up Bill Black's Combo - Little Queenie on Canadian Hi.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!